It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas' Powerful New Weapon Alters Strategic Calculations Along the Gaza Strip

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by nenothtu

The pringles can comment origonated with BackinBlack, and it was near the first few pages of this thread. It was when his argument was it was a rocket and not guided missile. The intent was to portray the pringles can as harmless rockets launched at Israel.

More crap from you...
I've NEVER used the word Pringles....

Just shows you don't care what LIES you post to try to prove your point..
Also shows you don't check anything before you post which is becoming obvious..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The pringles can comment origonated with BackinBlack, and it was near the first few pages of this thread. It was when his argument was it was a rocket and not guided missile. The intent was to portray the pringles can as harmless rockets launched at Israel.

Not at all. He was commenting on how the Gazans must build weapons out of garbage to defend themselves... I doubt there are even pringo cans in Gaza considering Israel bombs their food tunnels on a regular basis.

How then do they manage to get ANYTHING that explodes for their attacks, rocket or not, missile or not, or mortar or not? There appears to be a gap in the logic there somewhere... Just as an aside, I make sure there isn't anything in my garbage here that explodes. They'll fine you for having exploding garbage around here. I think the Sanitation Workers Union has a "no explosions" clause in their contract or something.

Quite ironic how the US decided that they must arm the rebels in Libya though, eh?

Yup, it really is. I screamed and screamed for the US to sit that one out and not get involved, but who ever listens to me? Mark these words: something wicked will this way come out of that whole deal. Call that a "prophecy" if you like, but it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to project far enough ahead to see it coming. What the hell are those people in DC using to think with? Any thing? I've got my doubts.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by Xcathdra

Actually yeah, I have disputed your "facts" about Hamas claiming to have hit this bus with a Kornet because they 1) are contradicted by other sources 2) make no damn sense.

Cite your sources and proivide your links please.

Again, why do I need sources to point out the obvious? Do you not see any importance in the independent analysis by ATS members? Are you not able to tell the difference between ATGM and motar damage?

I bet if your car broke down, you would blame an ATGM by Hamas if there was a source claiming it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Namely saying my own source contradicts itself, when in fact it does not. Trying to incorperate the photo and caption into the article is nothing more than grasping at straws for your argument.

LMAO...Mate, do you need a lesson in how media works??

See they have these fellows called reporters..
They go to the scene of any worthy event and conduct interviews and take photographs.
Then they pass that information and photographs onto the media outlets..

The media outlets then spin it and add whatever crap the wish..

So you see, IMO the photos and the captions, written by reporters ACTUALLY AT THE SCENE, are the items I would consider closest to the TRUTH...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yeah my bad.. I thought you said Pringles can, but it came from someone else.

I appologize for attribyuting the pringle can comment to you.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Mossad must have called every disinfo agent they have in for duty and are paying overtime..

Hey mate! Good to see you still out there swingin'!

Where can I sign up for this "paid disinfo agent" gig - especially the overtime part? I think I'd be pretty good at it, and well worth the money.

(Note to MOSSAD, CIA, ETC.: U2U me, and I'll send the address to a postal drop where you can send the checks to. Since all this money is floating around and I'm not getting my cut, if that check ain't forthcoming pretty soon, I'm of a mind to switch sides on you... )

I got called out for an emergency last night, and spent 15 hours or so out in the brush. This thread sort of took off in my absence, but I'm trying to scramble to catch up. My responses may be a bit hit or miss on account of that, but I expect a really fat check for the hits, and maybe then I can give up the brush - crawling routine for something more lucrative!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Sources are neccisary to go back and double check facts and see the context the quoted / cited material is in. Absent cited sources its difficult to completely accept "facts", since those "facts" cant be verified. Its even more important when those facts are being used to help guide a debate from one side to the other.

Absent cited sources, where both sides of the argument can see the exact same thing and debate from their, its nothing but your position with no way to confirm or refute your claims.

I ask for this, especially in threads like these, because of the passion on both sides of the argument. People have a tendancy to throw out a "fact" when in reality, its not a fact because the context is missing, or defining info is ommited in an effort to support a statement / position with that the "fact".

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

It appears Hamas rockets are harmless.

In 9 years we are told they have launched over 11,000 missiles of one sort or another, and yet nobody has been killed or even injured.

Strange don't you think ?

source

Not all that strange if you've ever played with home-made rockets. They're notoriously hard buggers to aim, because of varying quality controls from batch to batch, and even if you can manage to get one on target, the warhead frequently fizzles.

Looks like Hamas would learn, and spend their money on more effective stuff. I personally vote for more suicide bombers. Eventually, if they got that right, they'd HAVE to run out of delivery systems...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Where can I sign up for this "paid disinfo agent" gig - especially the overtime part? I think I'd be pretty good at it, and well worth the money.

You don't believe they actually pay people to comment??

I have not seen the amount of Pro Israeli posters on ALL sites since the flotilla attack..

In these instance it is disproportional to an even that didn't even cause a fatality..

I noticed your prophecy above, well here's mine..

Israel will use this one event to launch increased aggressive attacks on Gaza and keep pushing the media line to garner support for another Cast Lead style attack..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So let me see if I have this right.. You are ok with children being targeted provided it only injures them, and not kills them? You are ok with the targeting of civilians, provided they are only injured and not killed?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You might want to watch Burn Notice the story of a fired CIA Officer living in MIami trying to track down who was responsible for burning him, while taking what ever work comes his way.

You too can learn how to take everyday household items to do a wide variety of things.

In one episode 'Michael' uses a pringles can, coat hanger, a few metal washers, a usb cord, and some pencils for legs to make a data capture transmitter to download the contents of a blue tooth cell phone!

All the items in question being found in the trash cans.

Remember one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You don't believe they actually pay people to comment??

Oh no, I didn't say that - I'm sure they do to some extent. What I'm saying is that not everyone accused of doing so actually ARE being paid, and I'm just a little out of sorts that I've not gotten my check, considering the number of times I've been accused of that activity (not by you, just in general).

Also, because of the number of times I've been accused of being a "paid disinfo agent", it should be readily apparent that I've hit nerves here and there, and so accepted as de facto evidence that I'd be good at it, and am DESERVING of that check!

All I'm saying is I want my cut, or I'm susceptible to switching sides. They'll be sorry THEN!

Israel will use this one event to launch increased aggressive attacks on Gaza and keep pushing the media line to garner support for another Cast Lead style attack..

I wouldn't doubt it, nor would I blame them at this point (better get that check in the mail guys, before I change my mind!).

edit on 2011/4/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Oh, no doubt! You might be surprised to see some of the things I've concocted over the years out of bits of nothing! The gunpowder was possibly the hardest, since I had to make the saltpetre from scratch (not gonna say how that's done here, but it's easily available enough info), and then play with the mixture formula to get the proper results.

Oh, yeah, it can be done without a doubt - it's just not as easy as a lot of folks believe. Fortunately, I have two things in my favor - 1) I'm a "hillbilly", and we are notorious for making things where there weren't any, or any way to make them, yesterday, and 2) I watched McGuyver!

P.S. Pringles cans are best left to stealing wireless internet signals, rather than making rockets or mortars. They tend to not stand up very well to that sort of abuse, and would likely injure the firing party before any actual launch were accomplished.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

So let me see if I have this right.. You are ok with children being targeted provided it only injures them, and not kills them? You are ok with the targeting of civilians, provided they are only injured and not killed?

Let me set you straight on what I believe as you obviously have not read my posts..

I will NEVER condone the injuring or killing of any civilian, be they man, woman or child..

I have given my reasons why I do NOT think this was a deliberate attack on the school bus..
Your sources are all over the place but all seem to basically come from the one original source..
That would be the reporter I mentioned previously..

Now, why are you not SCREAMING from the rooftops about Israel injuring a FOUR YEAR OLD GIRL??
Is it because she is but one of many that Israel has injured or killed so it doesn't seem so bad??

edit: Star for the apology, good to see.

edit on 14-4-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

All I'm saying is I want my cut, or I'm susceptible to switching sides. They'll be sorry THEN!

Sorry mate.
There really isn't that many full time jobs..
Ya know, multiple accounts and bots see to that..

But maybe you can get your name down for some casual work..
They must use hundreds when an event like this takes place..

If you get an application in quick you may get a few weeks work when the next flotilla goes in in may..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
reply to post by wakeUpOrDie

Just hold on a sec:

So now you're telling me that an anti-tank rocket will not blow up a 'soft-target' like a light armor vehicle, a car or a bus?

Now you're beginning to see the light! It's a matter of confining the explosive force for max damage rather than allowing it to dissipate, this sending most of the power out into the aether.

Anti-tank rocket against hardened, confined target (like a buttoned up tank, for whit it is intended, hence the "AT" moniker) = max damage. AT rocket against a chain link fence = a really pretty blossom of fire, and not much else. Pretty much nothing in the way of damage.

Anti-armor stuff is for use against, well, you know, ARMORED stuff. It doesn't do so well under other conditions.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Sorry mate.
There really isn't that many full time jobs..
Ya know, multiple accounts and bots see to that..

Damn. Displaced by automation, AGAIN!

But maybe you can get your name down for some casual work..
They must use hundreds when an event like this takes place..

Nah, can't feed my bad habits on "maybes" and intermittent pay. I'm coming over to the Dark Side with you guys.

Is there beer and cookies at least over there?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You strike me as a very resiliant person, mountain men usually are.

Black Powder isn't that hard to make there is an excellent thread here on ATS about how to make a number of useful things like that the old fashion way like our rural ancestors did.

McGiver was awsome.

US Special Forces and the CIA are trained to make thousands of improvised devices from common elements.

I would really feel sorry for anyone kicking down my door in a Martial Law Type Scenario.

The long and short of it is Hamas's 'rockets' are a political statement not a military solution.

It's actually a strategy that is working for them in a lot of ways.

The sucide bombers really were to extreme to gain public sympathy, while the rockets that rarely cause any damage at all give them that David versus Goliath quality.

Because they are cheap and home made they are hard to respond to militarily and often end up baiting Israel into using dispraportionate force that very much does make Gazans look like the victims they are.

It's pretty smart and Israel is loosing the propaganda war in the process of trying to figure out how to deal with them.

Since hardly anyone gets hurt by them reasonable people don't see Hamas as a real threat to Israel, and since Israel typically kills civilians in retaliation they end up looking like the dangerous agressor to reasonable people.

Israel would be wise to make peace in my humble opinion.

In large part because their volunteer blogger force makes them look even worse than their dispraportionate response to Hamas's home made rockets.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Anti-armor stuff is for use against, well, you know, ARMORED stuff. It doesn't do so well under other conditions.

This so called missile hit straight into the bus engine at the rear..
Detonation MUST have occurred for the windows to blow out..
I fail to see enough damage consistent with 10kg of TNT..

It's just not believable....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Is there beer and cookies at least over there?

Depends what sort of cookies you're after..

Man I've fallen for the cookie scam more than once.

Damn disgusting rival pub trying to put me off my pool game..

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join