It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help a lady with her: Puppy?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey there Silo... glad you gave us an update. I was thinking about the 2 of you just the other day and wondered how you all were doing over there. Sorry to hear you have had a set back and hope that you heal quickly, Im just sorry to hear of your heart breaking.

I'm sure you will overcome this. Honestly I cannot think of any advice to give as I have never had a dog that attempted to bite me, but Berenike had some good thoughts and I think that the other source of info you showed us will also help a great deal. Perhaps, if other information does not help the matter, you could contact the vet to see if they have any ideas?

At any rate, keep up the good work. Inspite of this setback, she loves you and you her. Please let us know how things are, ok?
edit on 15-9-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That's sad to hear Luci bit you-hopefully its just a one off/testing boundaries thing.
About the backroom-Is there any type of food that Lucie really hates?
If there is,buy a huge sack of it and leave it in the backroom-blocking the way to the cat food.
Other than that-you could try to "Luci-proof" the cat food by putting it in a solid container.

I hope your hand is recovering,don't give up hope-you have done really well so far Silo.
Keep up with her jobs and training,a busy dog is a happy one.
I wish I could offer you better advice.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I'll try it - right now I"m not sure how it will work as she bit me when I tried to take her collar, but, I'll try it.

Normally all she needs is a 'don't'! (I try not to use 'NO' too much).

Normally she doesn't need to be corrected for anything besides going in the back room, getting on the bed at night and just standing there like a lug - as if I'd walk around her (I do not anymore)...

Whatever happened today just floors me.

Thank you for the help!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Thank you...'lump in my throat'...

The cat food I pick up as soon as the cats are done. It isn't really that anymore so much as once I've told her she can't do something a few times - now I have to stick with it. I was the one that made it a 'No Luci' area - now - I have to make sure and not give in. Like I said I am very good about picking up the cat food - even a few stray nuggets when they're done in the morning. And again - as for blocking anything off? Well... That kind of negates everything, but, I understand your point.

For now she'd outside and will not come out of her dog house. She knows she's done something REALLY BAD.

I have not called her of course, but still, she hasn't set a foot out of there for the past couple a hours.

Poor her too... I hope it's not something from when she was a puppy. But I can't even think about that right now!

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Try not to let her stew in the dog house for too long-maybe chuck some over her treats inbetween the house and where Lucie is sulking.
Poor girl is confused-probably like the teenage stage for her,where some go off the rails for a bit.
Most come back though.
make friends again soon-don't let her go into days of feeling guilty

Idea number 2 for the cat food:

Cats love climbing right?
Show the cat/s how you put their food bowl way high up on a shelf,with a little wooden ramp if they need it(they probably won't).
See if you can get the cats to eat the food high up,out of Lucies range.

Then make a corner in the same room,with a locked box of Lucie treats,take her in the room twice a day,and give her treats from the box.
Maybe that will over a week or two,make her change her attitude to the cat food sneakiness.

Be the Alpha girl Silo,Kind but with authority.
You are the boss of the pack remember.
A good long walk on the harness would do her good I think as well,if you have time.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

No, I didn't let her stew too long and I'm sure she is confused. On the other hand she's so smart I don't think she's confused at all, lol, still, not good to leave her long.

I'll keep everyone posted. For now I'm working on the daily routine changes, and, I know it must be kind of sudden for her, but, on the other hand (no pun intended) something drastic needs to be done.

I'll miss having her on the bed and eating with her at the same time. I don't know. Maybe I'll be able to change this later when she's an 'adult' - until now and then I know it hurts me more than it hurts her.

Back to more videos and information!

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hope you and Lucie are doing well this week.
I just read this article about another awesome pit bull puppy,and thought you would like it:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

What a beautiful little pup, I almost cried. Not because of her condition but the little look of joy on her face, as she gained her mobility, was so touching.

I hope the woman who rescued her keeps her, that seems the best place for her to be.

Hi, Silo and Luci, hope you're doing well

edit on 24-9-2011 by berenike because: edit to add greeting

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

She's definitely got an amazing smile!
You can tell she's so happy to be walking after her bad start in life.
Thank goodness the Lady at the animal center took her home for that first night.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Thank you so much for posting that Silcone. That is truly an amazing story and the perfect way to start my day while sipping my first cup of joe. Animals are truly amazing and I just love the expression on that little pups face while in the pool! I wonder how in the world the good soul who rescued her will be able to let her go to another home... I know I don't think I could let her go. What a special pup and a special "mom"......

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Glad to hear you liked the story.I was going to make a separate thread,but I thought this thread has a good crowd of Animal lovers on it,and the story would fit in fine here.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Such a lovely story! Hard to keep a dry eye there.
Thank you Silicone.

Luci is doing great. She's taking well to the new 'Mom's boss' training and even though I don't go all the way with each and every point on making me 'Alpha' - she's also showing a real difference in her behavior. I stick to most of the points (me eating first, that one kills me, lol) - but there's one that says that I should be the only one to initiate attention. I just can't deal with that one. When out of the blue she comes running up all happy happy and wants hugs - I give them. I'm not going to turn my back on her, then wait 3-4 minutes and give her attention.

So, we're sticking to our regime and trying the 'neck tapping' when she's not being proper. It seems to be working. Mostly what's important is she's happy and she's not shown any of that 'other' behavior.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Great news!
I knew you could do it Silo!
Hugs for Lucie from me.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Luci is sick. Very sick.

I changed her dog food three days ago. A new brand (they didn't have my old one so I upgraded to an even better food). She ate it (with some water on it per usual) and then went to bed. Early in the morning she vomited. I thought - 'Oh crap, it's the new food.'...

Coincidence? I don't know.

What I do know now is for three days she's not been eating or drinking. Now before you freak on me listen up! The first day after vomiting - me thinking it was the new food - it was normal for her to be 'off'.

The second day she seemed better. She had some broth, her eye are bright, sure she's 'drawn' but it's expected.

This morning? She vomited everything from the past day. She is acting JUST LIKE Lucy, the first dog.

I contacted the people who gave her to me. I hope they are going to help with her and the veterinarian.

I can't believe this. I'm terrified at any moment she is going to have a convulsion.

I don't know what is going on with her but she has NOT BEEN OUT OF MY SIGHT for 4 days. If it's poison she would have had to take a bite of poison while playing fetch (like we do each morning and evening). I throw the ball far into the field and I WATCH HER as she goes to find it (I've been teaching her 'go left' and 'go right')... And I didn't see her eat anything!

Is there a chance she gobbled something up from the front yard in the three seconds that I didn't see her do it?

Yes.

This is a nightmare. If this is poison I think you people are going to end up reading about me in the newspaper because - to coin an American phrase - I'm going to go postal on the neighbors. Tough to do without a gun, but, I'm sure you'll hear me yelling.

edit on 8-10-2011 by silo13 because: I hate this!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I've just given her another 200cc fluid.
It's still early here (for non farming people) - I'm sure I'll hear from the previous owners soon.
Between now and then? I'm sure you can imagine just how upset and nervous I am.
Fell off the wagon even, lol, first drink I've had in AGES. (Glass a wine to stop from trembling)...

Also - I'm recalling a conversation I had only just this week with one of the neighbors. To give you a little background - which I did not want to get into with the first Luci - but I will now... The house I am living in? I worked ten years to get it from a man who's ex-wife lives in the house below me. She hates my guts. I heard from a neighbor this week that I'd better 'take care' because she's a 'really vindictive person'...

How could I have been so blind!

Hind sight 20/20 I suppose...

*Waiting for my email to ring*...

Thank you all for listening...

peace

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I just get the notice in my email. The 'first mother' of Luci is going to come and take her to the vet. This is a miracle.

I'll let you all know what happens...

peace

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have not read the entire thread, but skimmed through it quickly.
Are you feeding your dogs fruits?
I saw at least one picture of her eating a bowl full of cherries. Cherries are a No-No for dogs, their pits contain cyanide. Many foods contain things that are mundane to humans in small quantities, but extremely poisonous to dogs. Dogs should only be fed dog food, the occasional treat, and once in awhile allowed some very specific human foods (mainly meats without any spices).

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Gracie....I'm so sorry to hear she's sick.....maybe that's why she's been "out of character) with the biting etc. It's good that she is getting checked....try to stay calm ok....because it may be that she ate something bad. (like the corpse she brought home). Regardless, since she bit you, she needs to be checked. Some dogs get that way when they are sick. Much love to you both honey. I'll be right here if you need me.((((((hugs)))))))

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Just to let you know that I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best.

It's rotten that a change in her diet coincided with the warning from the neighbour, just to give you more to worry about.

Has she been able to get to the cat food at all? Or are the cats showing any signs of illness?

You don't need me to tell you this, but please don't confront anyone until you are sure what the problem is. If someone already hates you, you don't want to give them any more ammunition. Or the satisfaction of seeing you upset.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

berenike....have you heard from Gracie? I don't know what time it is there. If you do hear from her, please let me know ok?

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join