reply to post by berenike

Luci asked me to send you this.

Have a good week!

grace

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

please get the dog to the vet asap.

I noticed your offline so hopefully everything is ok?

Poor puppy. Let us know how you get on.

xx

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Crutchley29

Hmmm, I guess you can't read well can you. I said in my opening post there are reasons the dog is not at the vet and I wasn't going to go into them.

But let's take a little look now.

In all your self-righteousness did you ever once consider:

1. The puppy has already had activated charcoal.

2. Not everyone lives in areas where veterinarians are accceccible by foot and NO, not everyone has a car, access to someone who drives and has a car or the cash to pay for a cab (if there was one) to go to a vet, plus the bills, for a puppy, that no matter how well loved was 'throw away' animal to begin with...

3. There do happen to be people who live in third world like countries that have dogs and, like me, are still responsible pet owners.

4. Prayers help EVERYTHING, even puppies.

If nothing else this thread reminds me how lucky I am to be open minded and non judgmental - unlike others.

Ok, off to answer some notes here and prayer for my puppy, and the ignorant. Might as well pray for two miracles at once!

peace
edit on 12-4-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

disregard my first post. I didn't realise it was 30 + pages long... reading page two now.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I can't say more than this right now - other than thank you all with all my heart.

I'll post tomorrow about the whole ordeal, I just can't relive it right now.

What's important is Lucy is out of pain, confusion and is at peace...

Now for peace on all of you...

With sincerity, appreciation and a grand new respect for you members of ATS...

peace
edit on 16-4-2011 by silo13 because: i hope the vid works now

farout. I am bawling my eyes out.
so sorry that Lucy didn't make it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Thank you. I still miss our 'lil Lucy' to this day - with all my heart I miss her.

Some good came out of that tragedy though.

One, I found a handful of really beautiful people here on ATS and I love and adore each of them. So kind and loving and helpful during that horrific time.

Second - great news this - when I was at the vet a lady came in with a puppy who'd been bitten in the head by it's mother. A purebred pit bull. The puppy had been sold, but, the new owners didn't want it after hearing about it being bitten. She offered me the puppy at no cost.

So! The 'new' Luci (different spelling than our first lovely lady) is doing fabulous! We've had our ups and downs like all new puppies and people have and recently even a scare over her health but she's doing just great now and is an absolutely astounding addition to my life.

Thank you again for joining in on the thread.

peace

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
thank you for sharing and even though I was crying when I saw the pic of new Lucy...I smiled and had this warm feeling inside my abdomen. (I don't know what to call that feeling!) but I just went away with a good feeling, a feeling of being somehow restored.

so thanks. I have two dogs now. I love them. I didn't plan on owning either but it just happened.

Albert was going to be put down because he had a birth defect with his feet. I even turned down a job because of him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was a big thing at the time. Anyway, I took him to my local country vet who said he just had big awkward paws and would grow into them. Sure enough, he has grown into his feet and is a great friend and in the best of heatlh.

Ended up with another dog and at first I was like... "oh no two is too much!" But they are so happy and play together. Good company for each other while I am at work. His name is Zues and he is a cross bull mastif and great dane. OMG

lol

here is a pick of little Albert when he was a pup:

brb to get the link..the media centre is dragging its butt
can't upload it on here cos pc is jammng so have to leave it for another time.

but either way, thanks for the emotional rollercoaster ride
xx

edit on 17-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: filled out

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hi Gracie! Just popping in to see how things are going.....is Luci back to her sassy self now?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I thought of you at the beginning of this video.

I hope the rest of you like it too.

Luci is doing great by the way. Fat and happy but hates the rain!

peace

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Awwwww thank you Gracie! That's strange you thought of me because that is my dream to have big cats around me like that. I love all the big cats and have always wanted to work with them. Also, the person who made this is a friend of mine! He is making one for me about big cats....as soon as he's done, I'll share it with you. I'm glad to hear Luci is doing better.....I was worried when I heard she bit you. Have things improved in that area? Maybe the Etna tantrums had her on edge?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I'm looking forward to the video. And yes, isn't it strange this is a friend of yours and I was drawn to share it with you. Very cool that.
Luci is doing much better now that I LEARNED what is acceptable dog/people relations and what is not.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It's here if you want to check it out....he did a beautiful job! I know. it is so strange you picked that particular video! ((hugs)) I ADORE the big cats (and the little ones too).Be SURE to watch it on youtube in full screen to really appreciate it! Give Luci a hug from Auntie Kat!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Here's one I just snapped of my babies Teddy and Smoochy chillin on their pillow

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
New addition to the family.

ATS friends and family - Meet 'SOX'!

She's a little rat I found under my woodpile. Her eyes are just opened and she's got her fur (as you can see) so I hope that means she'll make it!

And yes, I searched high and low for her mouse-house to put her back but I couldn't find it anywhere - and the woodpiles almost gone - nothing underneath of it.

I can't get her any simulated rat milk (ha ha can you imagine having to milk them
) but I've got a replacement that's working for the moment. FINGERS CROSSED PEOPLE!

So, I'm mouse (well RAT) Mom for a while!

Oh! Her name is 'Sox' 'cause, well, life 'soxs' for the poor dear...and...cause she's sleeping in my socks... Just sayin'...
edit on 6-11-2011 by silo13 because: see above add

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Oh! Her name is 'Sox' 'cause, well, life 'soxs' for the poor dear...and...cause she's sleeping in my socks... Just sayin'..

Well, since you found her I think her life is likely to become far more sox-cessful

I wonder how long your sock will last? I had a pair of white Chelsea boots once (I know, so stylish) and my gerbil took a liking to them.

So I gave him one to nest in for the winter. What harm could it do? I asked myself. Come spring, all that was left of my boot was the sole

PS - Your little rat is gorgeous - that almost went without saying.
edit on 6-11-2011 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Isn't she doing well! What a DARLING!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

For once, I don't have any words

You're so lucky, she's gorgeous. And, doing so well.

Awwwww - dear little rat, I'd love to just hug her.

Well done - she could hardly look happier.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Aw,what a cute rat pup!
Well done for looking out for the poor little critter.
You really are a good soul Silo.
Hope Lucie is doing well too.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Sox is doing great! She started nibbling on a piece a cat food today - it makes me shudder - the implications... But anyway! Now I have to make the hard decision. To keep her or let her go. It's going to be a tough one. I know she should have a life 'out there'...but I also know how terrible dangerous it is and I feel that, well, I wouldn't have found her if she wasn't meant to be with me.

But on the other hand, she is wild.

Just as wild as 'Elsa'.

Don't laugh - the predicament makes me cry, lol!

I think I just answered my own question. I'll keep a picture of her and let her go.

...but not yet!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It's raining something fierce. I left the door to her outside house open for air circulation.
I wont be doing that again any time soon!
My rooster 'Cico' decided Luci made a good target and started attacking her!
NOOOO!
But Luci didn't snap his neck - which she had every right to do - as he was going at her beak, spurs and wings.
Our girl just retreated as far as she could in the outside house (it's huge like 6 x 4) and didn't harm a feather.
The rooster is grounded. He's in lock down now, lol. That's just not right.

Poor Luci! LOL!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Quick note.
My 'neighbor' stopped into deliver some olive oil - my trees, my olives, he took it to the 'presser' for a few liters of oil. Anyway, he walks in just as I'm taking pics of 'Sox'.

He was completely disgusted.

Get this.

He said: 'Throw that THING IN THE WOOD STOVE!'

I might be keeping her after all!!! ISN'T SHE LOVELY!!!

peace

edit on 13-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution