It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima now a Level 7 emergency

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Interesting but from what I've seen, Chernobyl still seemed a lot worse and it all happened a lot quicker. This seems to be more under control and a slower progress of the entire thing melting down.

So I'm not sure what exactly dictates a level 7 warning, but I don't really think it's on par with Chernobyl yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I fear, and I hope I am wrong, that every living thing on this planet will be affected by this disaster on some level

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by voodooamnesia
reply to post by 27jd

But as I said, people here aren't buying it. All the stores which might normally sell it have sent it all to the federal government. So something is up. But thanks for the info re liquid vitamins, etc. With all the rain and snow we have been receiving since the disaster, there may soon be reason for concern.

Oh, well I was in my local gold prospecting shop a week or so ago, and they sell potassium iodide, among other chemicals (for fine gold recovery), and they said that people bought them out of it, not the government but regular people who were just concerned about the radiation reaching the U.S. They are under the impression that it's some magic thing that will make them immune to radiation, it doesn't work that way obviously, but the companies that make and sell it are loving it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Right, Chernobyl had a huge graphite fire, which was responsible for spreading radiation as far as it did. There is no graphite fire in the current situation.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Right, Chernobyl had a huge graphite fire, which was responsible for spreading radiation as far as it did. There is no graphite fire in the current situation.

There were reports that the secondary containment base in the reactor structures at Fukushima are coated with graphite...

Anyway.. The best part of declaring this a level 7 is that they've already told the world it is as bad as it can get, so there is no longer any need in providing information, news and data on how things are going... It can only get better... It can't get any worse.. there is nothing worse than a level 7.

Now, move along... we are done here.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by cortex

Maybe take lots of antioxidants to counter the effect of ingested radiation if you're in an area that's affected. Radiation does it's damage through oxidation, people who are truly concerned about ingestion of radiation, should probably take higher (but safe) doses of antioxidants (vitamin C, etc.). Cancer treatment providers tell patients undergoing radiation treatment to avoid antioxidants, since damage by radiation is desired in that case...

Sound advice, thanks.

Let's hope things will get better.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i am not worried about this events like these is why i built my fallout shelter.

its fully stocked locked and ready to rock!!!!!!!!!

this is it a seemingless insignificant event dpwnplayed with disastrous consequences for us all,

and for those of you are thinking the government is going to save you well its going to be a long wait.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stringycheeseman

Trust me, if they are admitting that it's a 7 after a month then it must be alot worse. As I've posted before on other forums, I believe also that 1/3 to 2/3 of Japan may become uninhabitable.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I've been following what Arnie Gunderson has been saying since this thing began. I have a lot of respect for him. I just watched him on CNN. The reporter told him he has been validated and that this is a lot worse than has been reported. Arnie said that right now Fukushima is as bad as Chernobyl and that it was still ongoing, so it will be worse.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It has been a level 7 since day one, they haven't actually said or released any information over it to prevent panic. We're going to see a high rate of cancer formation within the next few years especially among the Japanese. This is truly heartbreaking and very sad. May peace be with the people of Japan and that they make it through this crisis. I heard the last step is to bury it with concrete over 6 nuclear reactors, so technically this is like 6x the amount of problems

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
There were reports that the secondary containment base in the reactor structures at Fukushima are coated with graphite...

As far as I'm aware, that's not accurate...

While the situation is dire, and still unfolding, it's clear that even if the worst happens at Fukushima the outcome will be much better than Chernobyl. Even though the Japanese and Ukrainian facilities were both built in the early 1970s, the Fukushima plants (along with every plant in the United States and most plants in the world) featured a safer design that already prevented the worst from happening.

For starters, the Fukushima facilities use water to both cool its reactors and moderate its nuclear reaction speeds. The Chernobyl facility also used water to cool its reactors, but used volatile graphite to slow its reactions to produce heat. When Chernobyl's Reactor No. 4 exploded, this graphite caught fire and burned like coal, billowing radioactive material across Europe. "In Fukushima, the fuel will melt, but it is surrounded by water and won't burn nearly the same way as graphite," says Peter Caracappa, a Radiation Safety Officer and assistant professor at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, who has studied the power systems of plants like Fukushima.

Read more: Fukushima Nuclear Meltdown - Japan 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake - Popular Mechanics
www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Its what your not seeing or being told that makes it alot more worse .

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
grep -1 response japanlvl7.txt

Again we are watching this instead of DOING anything.
Just like paying outrages gas price, coffee is going up, food UP
Our way of living UP yet we just watch stand by NO ONE TAKES ACTION.
I WILL I PROMISE ALL I WILL LET YOU MARTYR ME FOR A SUSTAINABLE FREE FUTURE!
Stop working, stop BELIEVING IN A PIECE OF PAPER
WAKE UP AND LETS BE A SINGLE VOICE

DEAD EARTH INDUSTRIES

:: End Transmission

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Fukushima was releasing about 10,000 terabequerels per hour at one point.

Overall, Chernobyl released about 5,000,000 terabequerels, including 1,800,000 terabequerels of iodine-131.

In total over time, Fukushima has released about 180,000 terabequerels (of iodine-131?).

The potential is there. There's an estimated 81 million terabequerels of iodine-131 at the Fukushima plant. It's increasingly unlikely that it will all be released though.

This certainly explains the spike in detected levels of iodine-131 worldwide a few weeks ago. Of course the rates have all dropped right off by now.

Still good for another 70 odd pages of extinction level panic on ATS though.

You do realise that there is 11 gigabequerels of radon alone emitted into the atmosphere for every teraWhr of energy produced from burning coal.

So let's see. In a year the entire energy production of the world from coal is about 30,000 teraWhrs. So, the release is 330 terabequerels from coal, every year. Year in, year out.

Incidentally, a regular smoker inhales Polonium (a radioactive isotope). The dose? 60 milliSieverts per year. Not microSieverts. MilliSieverts. 5.4 trillion cigarettes are sold every year.

Not trying to make Fukushima sound not bad. It is bad. Just putting it in perspective.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

In total over time, Fukushima has released about 180,000 terabequerels (of iodine-131?).

from the reports I have seen that should be 630-thousand terabecquerels of both iodine-131 and cesium 137

and that is Air release only..does not count the Plutonium-239, strontium, or anything else that has been detected..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by XtraTL

from the reports I have seen that should be 630-thousand terabecquerels of both iodine-131 and cesium 137

and that is Air release only..does not count the Plutonium-239, strontium, or anything else that has been detected..

Could be. I just picked one reliable looking estimate. Don't claim to know for sure.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by midwest
We finally did it. We killed the earth. Are you morons happy?

Every night before I go to bed, I think "Things couldn't possibly get any worse."

Then I wake up the next day...are we being systematically demoralized? I'm usually a fairly happy person. I have a wife who loves me, a decent family, am well fed and educated. But lately I just haven't felt like doing anything, I sleep often, am somewhat irritable, and feel very cynical about the world and where we are headed. Anyone else experience this shift in the past month or so?

Hey brother,i had a similar experience, we cannot really control this events happening. One way or the other they were foreseen by our ancestors. You know when the Mayan said we're to transit from this physical world to the next, the meant it. We are currently going through the birth pains.

Life will not end, we are spiritual beings trapped in this physical world. You know, when I accepted this fact, I've been a Happy person ever since. Just like you, I've got a beautiful wife and two kids. I'm happy to say, I have never been closer to my family then ever before.

Just know that you got your beautiful family by your side, don't worry no matter what. No point in doing so.

Develop yourselves spiritually along with your wife and you will see sunshine again.

Here's a video for you, don't worry about the doom part, but the part at the end, listen carefully to the words.

Cheers buddy

edit on 12-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
www.abovetopsecret.com...
What If "They" Can Already Clean Up Radiation With Frequency?

This is the kind of stuff we need to think of. Also some good precaution. I'm looking into sealants for my car leaks, though need it to stop raining long enough, some charcoal. filters, paint shop air mask. They're going to love my kids at school soon, with 4 X chenobyl written on the back of their slickers with charcoal stuffed everywhere in their clothing and painters masks!.

And plan on moving when we can.

And a huge Rebar in my back yard. Going to build some Tesla coils. We should all migrate enmasse in a huge flood of people from the coasts and take our own land up from the crown/people's land, and build earthen homes, mud homes with clay and lots of pebbles, even the roof. And earthern/pebble water filters.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

You are the reason websites like this exist hehehe. I truly feel sorry for you

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
One obvious difference with Tsjernobyl is the contaminated water spill because of which radioactive material is going around the world. It'll end up partly in the larger food chain and because of it as many others posted there will be world wide increases in cancer, birth defects and so on. Which is at any time bad but in our times especially since in many western countries there's a wave of babyboomers about to retire which will further strain the economy. When more and more people start developing illnesses the 'working force' will be further reduced, sick people cost society money while the healthy add to it and support those in need of medical treatment, point being an increase in medical expenses for the society as a whole, a smaller 'workforce' compared to a few decades ago when many babyboomers were still working, things are not going to get any better.

If I were president of the USA I'd say f** this is for your and our own good Japanese people, so sorry but we have to carpetbomb the place with cement or concrete and possibly any stuff smart people can think of to contain the radiation from spreading, just clear the area, dump it all on the place from high altitude and be done with it. Make a big tomb out of it and hope the future generations will forgive us. I don't know what everybody is waiting for, maybe hoping aliens will come to our aid and beam our problems away, hope it somehow miraculously goes away? Dumping stuff on it or some other substance is the only way to go, they should have kept something like that near the reactors so they'd only have to push a panic button in case of emergency, but I guess that was too expensive.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I don't know about every one of you, but I already have several NATO NBC threated 4mm filters, and new Israeli gas masks for my entire family, as well as a geirger counter. I bought these a year ago for something like this, and I will be buying some more filters just in case.

If you can, you should be doing the same if you live anywhere in the northern hemisphere. TPTB don't seem to want to stop this. It is one of those "crisis that can be used to implement things that they never could implement before" type of deals which leaves the little people, that's most of us, to fend for ourselves.

As people wake up to what is really happening they will start their runs on gas masks, and then it might be hard to get one, or filters.

Everyone should make this decision themselves, but if you live in Japan, I would definetely buy REAL gas masks, not the cloth masks that I have seen Japanese people wear in videos...those DO NOTHING to stop nuclear radiation from getting into your lungs...

Oh and btw, gas masks are used to EVACUATE, not to live for years in a highly radiated area. Depending on the radiation gas mask filters can work for a few hours only up to 8 hours.

edit on 12-4-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join