It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima now a Level 7 emergency

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Fukushima is as Hiroshima and as the 100 000 suns, there was a movie
about the latter, everything is repeating, guess why.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cortex

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
The entire Northern Hemisphere has toxic radiation in varying degrees, none of it "safe" and of no issue for concern. I am right pissed off about it.

So am I.

Ionizing radiation, is ionizing radiation. There is no "toxic" form of radiation, it all has to do with the amount you receive in a given time frame. We are born under a giant radioactive ball of fire, our electronic devices, i.e. cell phones, TV's, the computer you're on now, all give off radiation. We are all made of radioactive stardust. The word radiation is scary thanks to all the government propaganda during the cold war, and nuclear weapons are of course deadly. But, alot of the fear we have of radiation is very emotional. I'm not saying that we should take chances with too much radiation, we should force power companies to replace fission reactors with fusion reactors, if that's at all possible. They just shut off when there's no power...cooling isn't an issue with fusion (that is the kind of reaction that our sun is).

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I'm pretty sure fusion would have some sort of heat as a byproduct, I mean the sun is pretty warm. It's by no means going to be a perfect solution when if/when it's even feasible.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Lets all post one liners like "Oh my god" "Not good" "Oh noooesssss!!".

We get it. You care about people you havent met nor will you ever. Keep it to yourself and stop cluttering up posts with useless information.
I agree. I hate such sentences which are meaningless.

Its the Wussification of America and other countries that we're witnessing on ATS
I wouldn't be surprised if many of the people who type the above sentences are men

edit on 12-4-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

No, it is pretty perfect. The issue is, it costs more to produce fusion reactors, so, it all comes down to the elitist fat cats bottom line, over our safety...

If accidentally, a fission reaction goes out of control as a result of not controlling the emission of neutrons, a nuclear meltdown can happen which can then release highly radioactive particles in the atmosphere. In contrast, in case of nuclear fusion if the reaction goes out of control, the reaction would stop automatically as it it’ll cool down. In addition, in case of nuclear fusion reaction, the amount of radioactive materials produced as waste is very small and the maximum damage which could happen is the vaporization of anything in the immediate vicinity of the reaction.

With regards to these factors it can be said that a fusion reaction is a more environmentally friendly method of producing nuclear power.Energy requirement: It takes less energy to split two atoms with fission than it does to fuse two atoms, which is why fission reactors were developed first, and why fusion reactors have not been developed yet.

Read more: Nuclear Fission vs Nuclear Fusion - Difference and Comparison | Diffen www.diffen.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The radiation fallout after Chernobyl is still around here in Norway after all this time.
Not at any dangerous levels though, but we are still testing the livestock,sheeps, cows ets. for radiation till this date, before sending them further in the foodchain.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
More than 3 hours before this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Ionizing radiation, is ionizing radiation. There is no "toxic" form of radiation, it all has to do with the amount you receive in a given time frame. We are born under a giant radioactive ball of fire, our electronic devices, i.e. cell phones, TV's, the computer you're on now, all give off radiation. We are all made of radioactive stardust. The word radiation is scary thanks to all the government propaganda during the cold war, and nuclear weapons are of course deadly. But, alot of the fear we have of radiation is very emotional. I'm not saying that we should take chances with too much radiation, we should force power companies to replace fission reactors with fusion reactors, if that's at all possible. They just shut off when there's no power...cooling isn't an issue with fusion (that is the kind of reaction that our sun is).

Yes all radiation is ionising, the radiation itself does not worry me greatly (unless it's really strong), because I can move away from it.

What worries me is injestion (eating/breathing) of radioactive particles which can be absorbed into and irradiate a small volume of tissue for a long period. One cannot move away from such an internal radiation source.

I recently saw a video where two private journalists in japan drove through fukushima town, they carried geiger counters but wore no protection. They said "we don't need protection because the gamma levels are quite low" yes they were low at only a few hundred usv/hr. Had the radiation been only gamma their relaxed attitude would be warranted but what they failed to consider was injestion of alpha or beta emitting particles. Government truck drivers passing on the same road were fully suited and masked, not protecting against radiation there and then but protecting against particles being absorbed into the body.

Yes I agree, fusion is the way to go and has no dangerous runaway, the reaction stops wwhen the machine is turned off. I think funds are blown too much on hot fusion research like Tokomak and more research should be done into cold fusion.
edit on 12/4/2011 by cortex because: .

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarlitosAmsel
Common, almost all of us knew that we have been lied to from the bèginning, that we are actually being roasted by radiation but it is being avoided tolet us know. As soon as we start to feel it, they will invent some new desease with a weird name. Common now! We all know the game. Why do we always have to pretend, we are suprised?
edit on 12-4-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: spelling
You think about it for a second, if the general public knew about it there would be noise, then rioting then mass hysteria. A bloodbath would ensue with polititions and the Corperate wealthy draged into the streets and slaughtered. So by holding off as long as possible the people in power can buy time to secure themselves in safe areas with security and army protection. That will ultimatly fall as the people who guard them secumb, but those hiding will hope that enough have died in the meantime to make it safer for their survival . The government will give you iodine pills and snake oil, and tell the best thing to do is stay inside, while those who are aware of what really is happening will take to the streets with murder in their hearts, and justifiably so. But with So many pissed survivors, the guards will finally be outnumbered and out of amunition, then the ELETE will fry, and rightfully so. SO yea, it's being kept silent and of no great concern............. All Lies............... But Wait....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm in Pocatello, Idaho and when friends from California asked me to look for potassium iodide here, I could not find any! Why? I was told at each venue that "it has all been sent to the Federal government." And this was a couple of weeks ago. This is a bit like Ciprio during the anthrax scare after 9/11. When the government is stockpiling, you know that they know something they're not telling us. And you know who is going to get the remedy if it is needed.

VA

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's rather ironic that almost every source of energy we've harvested, as turned around and kicked us in the ass. Oil, Nuclear, Coals, etc

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by voodooamnesia

It's all just reactive panic buying. There's actually potassium iodide in alot of liquid multivitamins, mine has it. The thing is, it only protects the thyroid, no other organs. So, if we were getting high levels of radiation here, which we're not, our other organs would absorb radiation anyway. People buy it in panicked herds, not even understanding how it really works.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cortex

Maybe take lots of antioxidants to counter the effect of ingested radiation if you're in an area that's affected. Radiation does it's damage through oxidation, people who are truly concerned about ingestion of radiation, should probably take higher (but safe) doses of antioxidants (vitamin C, etc.). Cancer treatment providers tell patients undergoing radiation treatment to avoid antioxidants, since damage by radiation is desired in that case...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

But as I said, people here aren't buying it. All the stores which might normally sell it have sent it all to the federal government. So something is up. But thanks for the info re liquid vitamins, etc. With all the rain and snow we have been receiving since the disaster, there may soon be reason for concern.

VA

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stringycheeseman
If you want a detailed depiction of the circumstances surrounding Chernobyl, watch this documentary. I have posted it before, but I think people should be informed on this. Learn from the past since the past does repeat itself.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

THANK YOU! There is lots of information here that the mainstream public either doesn't know, or convienently forgot about. This is for all the naysayers trying to say that Japan is a temporary sitiuation, the earthquake and tsunami are the real story, and onward and upward with Nuclear Energy cause its clean and cheap....god people don't forget history!!!!!
And if you think you remember history, go and get a refresher course because more information surfaces the more time goes by...

edit on 12-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Don't be suprised if the media doesn't cover any new disasters/EQs
The media is well known for this because they are a controlled outlet/ a filter that only allows certain events to pass.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
all of this radiation is ment to ensure no one lives past 100 anymore.

"background radiation around the province remained normal but "minute levels of isotopes in the radiation have been attributed to the release in Japan.""

just so you know, it's the radiation (DIFFERENT TYPES) mixing with the backround radiation that could be harmful to your health. we get it from the sun, and most of the stuff around us which isn't harmful, it's when you combine the two and adding that the radiation is airborne, in the sea and getting into everything we do can make us sick

Fukushima has released 10 times more radiation than the Hiroshima bomb

Remember that most of the radioactive isotopes that are harmful to human health have half lifes of a couple hundred years.

edit on 12-4-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stringycheeseman

No kidding same as Chernobyl.

The facts were hidden there too - people had no idea there was a meltdown, kids played outside, the town had parades. ...and yeah, the cancer rate skyrocketed along with all kinds of weird health problems.

S&F&

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

why would they want to evacuate people when they are trying to solve the problems of overpopulation? dont you know about the georgia guide stones? the 1st rule on the top of the stones specifies "maintaining" earths population to under 500,000,000. let me ask you something what does the word maintaining mean in this sentence? I tell you what it doesnt mean...it doesnt mean evacuate people.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Heard about this on the radio. A helpful guy from Oxford (the guy in charge of threat analysis) or something, came on BBC radio 4 to tell everyone that really there's nothing to worry about, and that somehow the situation was under control despite it being level 7.

Can't help thinking that the guys primary job is to pacify the sheep.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join