It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychometry Exersize

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by finitydream

Yes, I think people are just stronger in certain areas, but some then go on to develop in other areas also.

Within Mediumship, there is talk of whether something was Psychic ability or Mediumship. I don't really separate them much, as in most of my experiences, there has usually been elements of both.

edit on 2-5-2011 by maya27 because: Yes

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Maya can you explain mediumship and what all it entails please

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Hi there finity,

I don't know that I would be the best placed person to explain mediumship and all that it entails. As I said before, I have natural "psychic" ability. I have only been going along to the once a week meetings for months, and not regularly either.

However, whenever there has been a visiting Medium talking about their experiences of being a Medium, they will often make the distinction between psychic ability, for example, tapping into and reading someones aura, and spirituality, where one is raising their spiritual vibration and opening to act as a "medium", a "channel" to pass on information from loved ones. There are many types of Mediumship. Much information can be found on the internet.

As I said before, I have had experiences where I have received information through my "psychic" ability, but also, have received information from more spiritual sources.

edit on 3-5-2011 by maya27 because: Spelling

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So in the case of sams reading when I saw his grand mother i felt what she wanted me to feel but heard the words. I honestly dont know if the words were more from the feelings themselves but a big part of me recognizes them as thats what she wanted conveyed. Is that mediumship? Or just part of the read. When I get home to my comp I.d like to go o ver a few more examples with you and get your take on them

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

What do you mean when you say "or was that just part of the read" ? It would be helpful to know where you think the info from the "read" is coming from.

You must have thoughts and ideas on where the information comes to you from, be it sight, sound, smell, taste touch, or just plain knowing.

I don't feel that I am necessarily passing on information from people who have passed. In the bigger scheme of things, time, and alive and dead, may not be quite how we tend to perceive them. LOL.

I think personally, it may be from my higher self, passing on info from their higher self, or inter dimensional beings, or source. Point is, so long as you have compassion, and humility, and trust that what you are receiving and communicating to another is helpful and beneficial in some way to them. And you should always be discerning, and responsible on the message you are giving others.

One thing about the spiritualist church, they have rules, and disclaimers. I think that is important and a responsible way to proceed..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Im not sure which ability comes into play when I read so for me its just all a read. Thats what im trying to figure out.

In my reads I get past, present and future. Some how I get people who arent part of the read but in some way connected to the person themselves or through a family member or friend.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'm sure that as your ability progresses you will have more of an understanding, different understanding/perception of it all. As I said in another post, there is lots of information on the internet, and quite a few clued up members here on ATS, just find what you can relate to.

I always just go by what I personally can relate to from my experiences. But it's hard to come across those with similar experiences to mine. I have read some, but I don't post a reply in their threads.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Morning all
Just a friendly reminder all reads are due by midnight. Theres still time if you'd like to join in and read. If not thats ok too. Feel free to join in on the discussions if you like. There more the merrier.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agkelos

U2U Reading sent.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
U2U Reading sent. Thanks for posting the picture for us. You can post the results when you have finished them whether it's before Sunday or on Sunday. Thanks again

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Is there someone following this thread, who was tempted, and came close to posting a picture,
(of a doodle/sketch?), who can relate to Walking, walking meditation as relevent?

I strongly picked this up on Sunday, and was so sure that someone had posted an image.

If u could just reply to confirm, if you indeed can relate to the above.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I recieved the two readings, read through them, and considered their meaning, but wish to propose further exploration. It might be interesting to see what you might be able to pick up through a second photograph posted by myself, if you are willing. I feel that their is something to be gained from such an extension. Of course, I would not wish to keep others from posting their own pictures and seeking their own answers, but I thought to post this before posting my thoughts on the readings I recieved, considering that to share the results may taint what further results could be gained.

But, after all, it is your experiment, so it is entirely up to you whether you would like to see what more you can gather from a second photograph. Also, maya27, I was wondering if you might be able to elaborate on your last two points (10 and 11) for me, via u2u; I tried to reply to your message but apparently I need at least 20 posts before I can u2u anyone but staff members.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agkelos

How many more posts do you need? If you keep replying to us it shouldn't take long, and will keep this thread appearing in "recent Posts", so we may gain more participants.

Yes, I think 10 & 11 are one and the same. Sorry, NO, I was thinking of 9 & 10. They may be same.

11 was general for you.

Without giving anything away, are we kind of on the right track?
edit on 5-5-2011 by maya27 because: My mistake,Yes was a NO.

edit on 5-5-2011 by maya27 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agkelos

I have had a look at your profile. I saw the Picture of a house. Is that the picture you are referring to?

Also, you only need to make 5 more posts until you have your magic 20 posts.

Just read your introductory thread...Very nice. And makes sense of No 11.

I don't know much about the workings of ATS, but willing to help where I can.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

I think one more would suffice, though it depends entirely on how things play out.

As for the accuracy of the three readings already sent to me, I feel that perhaps they are more focussed on feelings drawn from the land, and perhaps people related to the area shown in the photo, rather than to myself personally. Which is, in fact, one reason why I am curious to see what will happen if I post a different picture. Though maya27, yours might have been a little of each, but it is hard to tell as it was vague. Again, a good reason to see what happens with the next picture.

As suggested, I've posted the second photograph in my comment section on my profile now, for those who are interested. Just so you know that it's the right photo, it's of an insect, and anyone who wishes to add their reading, or perhaps any stray thoughts that seem relevant, is welcome to u2u me, of course.

Would you like me to post the results here for you on Sunday, or do you need more time?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Agkelos

Who else read for you?

I thought just me and finity did one each?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

I did recieve one from both you and finitydream, but Magantice later sent me a brief message regarding the first picture, though it seemed the concept/images were not actively read, recieved unintentionally rather than actively sought, if that makes sense.
edit on 5/5/2011 by Agkelos because: Rewording

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Agkelos

Okay, I need a few more days. I'm getting a bit of info coming through on the insect photo. It does link to the original reading I gave you, but more detailed.

I will U2U you later.

Why didn't the other ATS member come to the thread and introduce themselves???

Hi there magantice. Do feel free to join in,. As you can see we are keen to have more participating readers.

edit on 5-5-2011 by maya27 because: added last line.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Second U2U sent

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the second read, finitydream, and maya27, I would reply to your message but as you know I need to accumulate a few more posts before I can do so. Or, if you have an email address, you could message me that so I can reply to you that way? Just a suggestion.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join