It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Billion People to Watch Royal Wedding

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You mean two billion people will be forced to watch this, as thats all that the tv stations will largely play, it wont be by choice at least you hope not. If it is by choice it clearly shows why we have so many problems and the earth is falling apart around our ears.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

What do you expect?

too many "obliviots" (oblivious idiots) that haven't the slightest clue.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I can't explain it as I have no plans to watch it.
But yes, I agree, it does say something about the way things are.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It's just an interesting (for some) spectacle. I'd find more value in watching the royal wedding than watching American Idol, Two And A Half Men or numerous other "shows" that pollute television. At the least, for better or worse, there's some degree of historical relevance to royal events, even if just for the tradition.

Plus, a lot of people my age or older remember watching his parents get married, so there's some attachment to this series of events (along with the horror at how fast time passes).

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
2 billion? Yeah, right. They wish 2 billion people cared about that wedding

Exactly. But then again I am ignorant of how tourism and how much the ppl that visit UK are actively interested. . . for all you know China/Japan and other countries big with tourism here and their respective tv networks will just cover the event and ppl will watch it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
dont you agree though that it will be lovely to watch something where everyone is happy......clapping and cheering.

when i think back over the last say 10 years i cant think of anything that was on t.v that was watched by billions that made people happy. we all watched by the billions as planes flew into towers, as waves washed away hundreds of thousands, bombs fell on people killing them, earthquakes that as you watched you just knew that people were taking their last breath and dying.

screw it, i will be watching and i might even have a glass of champagne.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

I love your avatar. A good laugh. thanks. I will not be watching it at all and if i see it passing to another channel i will just keep going. I doubt even 5 percent of the worlds population will even bother, But i do believe marty python will have more of a gathering. Now that i think about it, PEWI herman will propably top this event.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
dont you agree though that it will be lovely to watch something where everyone is happy......clapping and cheering.

when i think back over the last say 10 years i cant think of anything that was on t.v that was watched by billions that made people happy. we all watched by the billions as planes flew into towers, as waves washed away hundreds of thousands, bombs fell on people killing them, earthquakes that as you watched you just knew that people were taking their last breath and dying.

screw it, i will be watching and i might even have a glass of champagne.

Probably the best post on this thread, absolutely right...last time in recent memory that wasn't celebrated by so many around the world just for the point of celebrating something happy all around.

that post alone makes me actually want to watch the whole thing now, share with the world a bit of positive energy verses dwell in negative eternally

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I wont be.. does not affect me one way or another.

Not even sure what the hype is considering the royal family does nothing for its citizens..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hederahelix

I'm an American. More importantly a human being. I'm happy in knowing that none of my money is going to the royal wedding, as I'm fit to be tied with the political circumstances in my own country. I just strongly believe that if there isn't a major act of resistance in face of the royal wedding in England that there's little hope for displacing complacency in the western world. It's time to evolve from the old time beliefs of kings and queens and people being somehow "better" than anybody else by birthright.

I also believe that your faith in tax payer funding of a private royal affair and the partially/unskilled, low paying, temporary labor that will accommodate it will do much if anything for your country or your economy. We are talking about a day affair and a week-long celebration. It's common knowledge that you have to produce and save your way out of this type of economic state, not throw a party with the peons money and cross your fingers.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I wonder if she will end up like dianna. Maybe another car crash, or perhaps, something less dramatic. Watch your back girl. You entering in the pit of snakes and they all venomous. 2 billion people to watch. First of all, they do not know exactly how many people will be viewing. All we do know is that they paid out so much money to t.v peoples that it is absolutely sickenning. I suppose it will be on almost every channel. You know what, I do not really care. Parading around like you better than everyone else. No, i will not bow to you either. It sickens me the amount of money spent to watch this. They could of used the money to help the poor somewhere. I cain't wait to see the dress when it goes on sale. Sick, just sick, how greedy peoples are. I wonder what they told the bride about what happened to dianna.

anyone have any ideas on this? Millions of people, they think that almost everyone will watch. I can see it now over the horizon. I see it, it's a big head. Full of hot air. The Royal family seems to have a big head full of hot air when it comes to thinking that anywhere near what they say will watch this wedding. I cain't wait till the poparazzi get hold on what drama is next to happen.
Like you worthy of me buying that crud.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hardly watch t.v. when I do its pawn stars, and ancient aliens that's all. You would have to pay me to sit and watch this wedding on t.v.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They could claim that 2 billion people watched the wedding, if the news networks ran a 30 second snippet of it after the fact to catch people unaware as they try to watch real (cough) news.

So... 2 billion is probably a correct number as to the number of people who will be exposed to this imagery, doesn't mean 2 billion will sit through this non-news.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vesta

Im aware of the mugs games we are buying into, but hell..if its costs 200 mill to throw this wedding thats 200 mill not used causing another war.

This worlds s***, but you only live once.. so it pays to be an optimist.

Its a day we can smile because theres some happiness instead of always staring at death on the news.Maybe kate might be inspired by Lady Diana, that'd be a bonus, some more love and dedication flying around and we'll all live happily ever after lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I mean seriously, who cares. It's a lame ass who's mother was killed by his grandmother marrying some trollop who likes to sport her body around like any local tramp on the street. I mean I'd nail her once but it's like sport fishing, you always throw the carp and suckers back.

The monarchy is obsolete, get rid of it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
I'm happy in knowing that none of my money is going to the royal wedding ... time to evolve from the old time beliefs of kings and queens and people being somehow "better" than anybody else by birthright ...

I get your point. But I also consider all the massive amounts of money spent (in the USA, for example) on public affairs that involve politicians/celebrities/stories-of-the-week (reference the "Death of Michael Jackson," Paris Hilton going to jail, OJ trial brouhahas).

Also, we may not have kings and queens "better" than everybody else, but we do have Bushes, Kennedys, Rockefellers, et al. Same deal, really. They all stole their money from the public, then flaunt it for our entertainment. Serfs have to be entertained, else they might have too much time to consider the merits or revolution?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Also, we may not have kings and queens "better" than everybody else, but we do have Bushes, Kennedys, Rockefellers, et al. Same deal, really. They all stole their money from the public, then flaunt it for our entertainment. Serfs have to be entertained, else they might have too much time to consider the merits or revolution?

I have already considered the merits as have many others, myself because of my proximity to the corruption in the system. It simply becomes a question of timing, one obviously wants an outcome that is both equitable and sustainable for the people, rather than the false icons of present society.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/10.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The only way I'd watch that trite S# is if someone planted a bomb in the bouquet, but then it'd only be the replay I guess, now that would be entertainment especially if they showed it uncut!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I am shocked at the number of people watching this, those two reptiles are being wedded, making a child who will be a special hybrid, anyone notice his strange visitations to the north pole?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

So many replies, so little time.

A more formal reply forthcoming.

I must tell you all at how shocked I am at the number of replies to this thread. When I last logged off of ATS last night, this appeared to be another "snoozer" thread. A handful of replies, a handful of flags.

Now I check in and 158 replies!

Whoa!

Thanks ATSers. I love a good debate.

Cheers!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join