It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Billion People to Watch Royal Wedding

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If all of the 2 billion who plan to watch will send me $5 I will watch it for you and email you the highlights...... which would be 2 words --- BIG DEAL

u2u me for mailing address - cash only, no checks,debit or credit cards please

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I seem to recall reading somewhere that when that large slug, Gordon Brown sloped off and signed the Lisbon Treaty, it put an end to any power held by the British Monarchy, but the public haven't, as yet, been made aware of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of the Royals, but it seems an odd scenario to me.

If anyone's knowledgable about this, I'd be interested to hear about it.

And bugger the new Royal Wedding. Just glad we get a day off work.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It’s amazing how those who profess to not care about the wedding can’t seem to stop talking about it...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I would rather watch my arm sizzle and wither in a bucket of battery acid then have my peripheral vision exposed to this #ing travesty of a spectacle.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
LOL they wish...I could absolutely care less about this ridiculously extravagant waste of taxes/money..as if these people are anymore special then the people they supposedly represent. Farcical! What an absolute waste of time.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RufusDriftwood
I'm lost at why people would want to watch two privileged leeches who live off the back of the British people, get married?

I wouldn't call a hard working SAR pilot a 'privileged leech' - though I'm sure he's saved a few stupid people to whom that term might well apply!

And I have little interest in the wedding other than the publicity and money it'll bring to Britain

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I hear you mate but I think he wouldn't have got that position if it hadn't been for his family name. And remember this, not so long ago he actually took a helicopter and flew it to his partners home without permission, breaking alsorts of rules and regulations. A normal pilot would have been drummed out of the service. For him, it was simply swept under the carpet and neatly forgotten about.
Its a fact that more Americans are interested in the Royal wedding than those living in this country! That tells a tale doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'll be one of the five billion people not watching this wedding.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

(Reuters) - A British minister said on Wednesday that more than a quarter of the world's population was expected to watch television broadcasts of this month's royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton.

www.reuters.com...

Wow!

So with all that is going on in the world today, about 29% of ALL the planet's inhabitants plan to watch this? How many millions will actually be setting their alarms to wake them in the middle of the night to stare at an image of two people getting married, whom they do not know personally, all because they are royalty?

Can somebody PLEASE explain this to me? I am simply stunned and am seriously having problems processing this.

edit on 9-4-2011 by Hessling because: Clarification

Now if we can just convince all the people watching to give to their favorite charity as a wedding gift to the royal couple... we might have something going here.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
England, one of the only existing monarchies in the modern world is spending 50 million dollars of tax payer money on this wedding in a shaky and unsure economic climate. All the while at home, food is costing more, gas is hovering around $8 USD per gallon, and the parliament is trying to double the cost of student tuition. Watching someone who is considered "royalty" because he was simply born into a bloodline that as far as I can see with the balding, big teeth, and average looks, is nothing special and the idea is dated and an obsolete way to determine who should rule over who. This truly is a mad world in that the people are being thrown to the wolves while the prince is being shuttled here and there in a 3 million dollar Rolls Royce.

If London doesn't burn on April 29th, I feel like maybe things will never change.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Old people, housewives and girls/women will want to watch it because they like that kind of thing. Married men and men with girlfriends will therefore probably be forced to watch at least part of it too. Then there'll be many who don't really care but will probably watch some of it out of curiosity. I can see 2 billion being an accurate figure.

Incidentally, I know someone (an Englishman) who was in the US when the engagement was announced. Apparently a few random Americans personally congratulated him on the engagement when they found out he was English.
Bless 'em.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Lurch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's actually 3 billion expected to watch the royal wedding......and I'll be one of them. I do enjoy a good royal wedding and this will be my 5th I've watched and a favorite because I'm a fan of Prince William.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
It’s amazing how those who profess to not care about the wedding can’t seem to stop talking about it...

I don't know what's so amazing. I love talking about how I'd rather drink turpentine and take a leak on a
brushfire so I don't have to watch these two get hitched. No sillyness intended.

edit on 10-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
England, one of the only existing monarchies in the modern world is spending 50 million dollars of tax payer money on this wedding in a shaky and unsure economic climate. All the while at home, food is costing more, gas is hovering around $8 USD per gallon, and the parliament is trying to double the cost of student tuition. Watching someone who is considered "royalty" because he was simply born into a bloodline that as far as I can see with the balding, big teeth, and average looks, is nothing special and the idea is dated and an obsolete way to determine who should rule over who. This truly is a mad world in that the people are being thrown to the wolves while the prince is being shuttled here and there in a 3 million dollar Rolls Royce.

If London doesn't burn on April 29th, I feel like maybe things will never change.

The money that they are spending is keeping people employed. I always try to remember that.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Is it actually tax payer money? WOW, didn't know that part of the story, I'll see if you are right.

If you are right, then the whole of england should get invited, and get free food, drinks etc because it is their money in the first place.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
It's actually 3 billion expected to watch the royal wedding......and I'll be one of them. I do enjoy a good royal wedding and this will be my 5th I've watched and a favorite because I'm a fan of Prince William.

I'm with you on this. It will be my third.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hederahelix

The best I've seen so far was Princess Anne.....she was just so beautiful and stunning.

I've watched Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, Prince Charles, Prince Andrew and now Prince William.

I'm so excited, I can't wait.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well, I am going to watch it, you can't sit around all doomy and gloomy 24/7.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
I would rather watch my arm sizzle and wither in a bucket of battery acid then have my peripheral vision exposed to this #ing travesty of a spectacle.

I bet you wouldn't, and I bet I would win that bet,

You would be crying, turn on the wedding, turn on the wedding,

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I recall watching Prince Charles and Lady Di marry when I was a little guy, and the event kept me riveted to the screen, the "magic" of it kept me glued for hours.

These days, not so much. I won't be watching.
I am curious about the commercials, mass messages and such that they'll include since so many are viewing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join