It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Teen Says Father Saved Her From Sex Offender

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If that registered sex offender, so registered for any reason, wasn't planning on abducting her and didn't want it to appear as such he shouldn't have made physical contact, much less attempt to grab her shoulder. I can't imagine what reason he could have possibly had to need her to listen to something he had to say, but I'm sure he could've gotten in front of her and stayed a reasonable distance away and said whatever he had to.

Really, the evidence may not prove attempted abduction, but I ask you, what else would he have been doing?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That's the mistake..........don't float them in the swamp, weight them down and let nature take it's course. Of course some one will be on here talking about it's a disease and he needs treatment yada yada.........some times ya just gotta put sick animals down, he qualifies.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SirRebrl

He COULD have been doing anything. We don't know. People here have already convicted and killed this guy when they don't have a clue what was happening!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
reply to post by IvanObanion

Maybe someone fitting her description had just sprayed his garage door? We have no information is what I'm saying.

Umm, there's quite a bit of information. What you just said is equivalent to postponing an investigation in a murder with eyewitnesses because the police don't know which shelf the box of bullets was pulled from when it was bought.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

My concern is that we here on ATS do not have enough information to say Quinn was trying to abduct this teen. Nothing in the story says this, in fact nothing in this story says Quinn was a sexual predator in any way.

That is a fair and rational assessment, however, I am not a fair and rational father. If a grown man lays his hands on my teen daughter, against her will, and scares her bad enough to run away and call me, it is a certain death sentence, no questions. If I am wrong, God will deal with me later, but there will not be a chance for a second attempt, guaranteed.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
reply to post by SirRebrl

He COULD have been doing anything. We don't know. People here have already convicted and killed this guy when they don't have a clue what was happening!

That's absolutley pathetic. So if someone is caught raping a girl you shouldn't arrest them because they COULD'VE just slipped and fell and ended up penetrating your daughter?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'd not get too caught up in defending this dude without researching him, first.
It's easy enough to do a search on the OR sex offender inquiry site.
Only (1) registered "Douglas Quinn" and he's a Predator.

Info

Here are Quinn's stats

edit on 9-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This is the exact point that needs to be made. The world isn't fair, if this girl would've been raped it wouldnt' have been fair either. Why would anyone defend the perpetrator that was caught and arrested?

Oh, let's not forget to be fair to him, right?

link   
According to the site Family Watchdog, this guy was convicted of felony sex abuse in 1990 and 1995.

Family Watchdog

They don't include any more details of what he did or how long he was in prison.

ETA: the link won't take you to his specific page but if you type in his name and search for Oregon, his record will come up.

edit on 4/9/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is probably an unpopular divergence upon the road less traveled...but...

This guy is a real creep, but charging him with ANYTHING other than what he's done is wrong. Harassment, assault sound like competent charges that should be able to put him behind bars for a while. However, charging him with any 'potential crime' he may have committed would be disastrous in this state.

See: other side of coin...

This state is already packed full of angry women with their fingers on the 911 button...many seriously think that the police are their own little "go get 'em" dog pack.

My mom was on a jury for a child molestation case. Turns out the girl made everything up, and the attention and fuss over lil' ol' her was what kept her story going. Absolutely NOTHING stopped this from going to court and ruining the poor mans name and career. Jury deliberated for 10 minutes.

Of course, when people get their lives destroyed, it's a huge boon for the criminal justice system in form of $$$ for counseling, $$$ for diversion, tax $$$ for incarceration...it insists upon itself.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanObanion

Umm, there's quite a bit of information. What you just said is equivalent to postponing an investigation in a murder with eyewitnesses because the police don't know which shelf the box of bullets was pulled from when it was bought.

And here's the problem. No where did I say Quinn should not have been arrested, held, investigated and charged with whatever crime that investigation leads the police to believe he was attempting to commit.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
According to the video here he was aggressive enough to indicate his intentions and he was going with his standard ploy, just asking for name instead of money.

The point isn't whether he was successful or not. The point is that he tried, and it's safe to assume he will try again.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is a formula for success when dealing with a child predator.

Sex offender

+

3 ft of rope

+

a concrete block

+

an abandoned well

=

no more sex offender

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

What people are saying is that the system is one sided from time to time and in this case it is acting "fairly" towards the criminal.

How many times have cops trumped up charges just to see if they can get them to stick? It happens all the time. Touch a cop on the arm and get arrested for assault. The case you're making is valid but only in the courtroom.

When a creep like this puts his hand on your DAUGHTER it's time to get busy, end of story.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanObanion

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by XRaDiiX

What? the cops arrested the guy. The prosecutor is charging harassment.
Rail at the *system, that's what failed here.

The reason that people are "railing" at the system is because obviously the guy was going to rape that girl. The police will GLADLY upgrade charges against anyone who "resists" arrest and will GLADLY throw the book at other criminals and upgrade charges just to see if they stick.

The WHOLE POINT is that this girl was one step away from having her ENTIRE LIFE RUINED by this retarded idiot and the cops let him go freely. (as if he cares about being arrested for harrassment)

NOTE: The people in this thread (or the ones who look at it but don't say anything) are more than likely supporters of devious sex acts against children.

did you actually read the article? he wasn't released by the police, he was held on an outstanding drug warrant. And while he was only charged w/ harrassment at the moment, if other witnesses were to come forward the charges can be upgraded based on new evidence. The system is totally screwed but let's stick to facts.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirRebrl
According to the video here he was aggressive enough to indicate his intentions and he was going with his standard ploy, just asking for name instead of money.

The point isn't whether he was successful or not. The point is that he tried, and it's safe to assume he will try again.

As I said before, hold him, investigate him, and if there is a reason to bring charges do it! But there was little in the OP that should have brought on the rabid responses it did.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Trying not to waste anymore breath.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thanks for the site! I typed in my address and was surprised at how many sex offenders lived around me, especially child based offenders. Luckily no one in my neighborhood, that would have been awkward to suddenly find out my neighbor raped someone.. but still, within 2 miles 37 offenders.. insane..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

That is a fair and rational assessment, however, I am not a fair and rational father. If a grown man lays his hands on my teen daughter, against her will, and scares her bad enough to run away and call me, it is a certain death sentence, no questions. If I am wrong, God will deal with me later, but there will not be a chance for a second attempt, guaranteed.

I know you like to talk a good line here on ATS, and I don't have any problem with that. I have also seen you take a reasoned approach to a problem. However I have to say that if this incident had turned out to be a case of mistaken identity or some other non-serious occurrence, and you had shot this guy down with this little information...

Wow...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanObanion

Then if YOU are ever in a case of mistaken identity or intention, I hope you never ask anyone to waste any breath for you...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join