It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens found in released FBI docs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What I found funny was the part where the "writer" says any attempt at intercepting these flying saucers with aircraft will be met by a "Ray" type weapon.

Ray guns...., hehehe, so 1940's.

Oh and I like how the writer also says only those open to the "esoteric" will be able to understand this. What is esoteric another word for bullcrap?

I love people who use that word esoteric to sound all smart and zen. Actually I don't, but you'd have to understand the esoteric nature of my writing to have known that.

Ah well it was worth my 5 minutes for a good laugh.

Now to go look for some of those top 10 FBI fugitives and make me some $$$$$!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
my question is why release this info now?

These documents aren't just being released now.

The FBI's UFO documents have been available off-line for decades (since the 1970s) and for over a decade on-line.

The press coverage of the new FBI "Vault" is just coverage of a new interface to make it easier and quicker to read the documents than the old (rather basic) on-line system.

The 7 pages of this thread might have led some people to think the documents in the Vault are just being released. They aren't.

Surprising as it may be to many Americans, the US was actually in the lead in releasing UFO documents.

Those FBI documents were briefly discussed in Stanton Friedman's 1979 documentary "UFOs ARE Real!". Several of the documents were published by George Fawcett and Barry Greenwood in their book “Clear Intent” in 1984.

The FBI documents have been discussed in numerous UFO books since the 1970s. Particularly noteworthy are the following two books which focus on these documents, the latter of which can be bought easily and quite cheaply second hand - both are very interesting:
(1) Bruce Maccabee's book “UFO FBI Connection” (2000).
(2) Nick Redfern's book “The FBI Files” (1998) published as a Simon & Schuster softcover edition and also in a Pocket Books paperback edition.

My favourite sequence of documents within the FBI files relates to the memo dated 24 September 1947 from FBI Assistant Director D M Ladd to FBI Director J Edgar Hoover summarises, and attaches, a memo dated 23 September 1947 from Colonel R H Smith (Assistant Chief of Staff Intelligence) revealing that the FBI had been asked to assist the Air Force in UFO investigations “to relieve the numbered Air Forces of the task of tracking down all the many instances which turned out to be ash can covers, toilet seats and whatnot”.

Mr Ladd recommended that the FBI “protest vigorously” and that the FBI discontinue all activity in this field.

On 27 September 1947, FBI Director J Edgar Hoover wrote to Major General McDonald informing him that the FBI would be discontinuing all investigative activity regarding the reported sightings of flying discs, mentioning the “ash can covers, toilet seats and whatnot” comment in the memo from Colonel R H Smith (Assistant Chief of Staff Intelligence) dated 1947.0903.

Far, far more documents have been released by American agencies other than the FBI, but that's probably for another thread...

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 9-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
Somebody needs to send this to the Media but they probably won't anounce it either.

These documents were sent to the the media, and were covered by it, in the 1970s and 1980s.
edit on 9-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing all the documents that come out. Especially since I am convinced the entire Disclosure movement stinks to high heaven, I just don't know what to believe anymore, something is going on, that is all I can say.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I read this an the thing about 22 is that it's probably just a note written by some crazy guy and sent in to the FBI field office in I believe San Francisco. Unfortunately I think the only reason that it was forwarded through teletype is the subject matter. I don't think anyone looked into it and on the bottom of the page it's written in script: No Action 00000 (something I can't make out).

I believe that during Hoover's reign at the FBI if anything had the word UFO in it it was sent to DC for analysis.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, there is no name, not even a rank associated with page 22 and I honestly believe it is a doc written by a civilian and sent into the FBI. Probably a schizophrenic.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Loki because: covered

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thats true, these documents have been available for a long time although i find it odd that the FBI would be bothered to spend the time, resources and money on setting up a dedicated page for it. Very quick and easy access. As i said before Kudos to the FBI for once

Although the Vault isnt limited to UFO material, it has many other subjects on there including Bin Laden, Civil rights, Gansters, WW2 and many other topics.

Maybe it's cheaper for them to release it this was rather than have people calling or emailing them for the documents.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
All i have to say is this is pretty damn cool information. Thanks for the post mate, makes for an interesting read. I'm going to go through that archive and see if I can find anything!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Who was Guy Hottel?

Guy Hottel was a Special Agent in Charge of the FBI's Washington Field Office. The information concerning Mr. Hottel is in regard to a March 22, 1950, memo he sent to the Director concerning flying saucers.

Source - FBI.Gov

I just came across this document in the vault.

Apparently Guy Hottel was important to enough to have his own indexed section, although there is only one document pertaining to him. It is very interesting though.

To: Director FBI

Subject: Flying Saucers / Information Concerning

March 22,1950

An Investigator for the Air Force stated that three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in Mexico. They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximatley 50ft in diameter. Eash one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3ft tall, dressed in metallic cloth of very fine texture.

FBI Records - The Vault / Guy Hottel

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35b9106fce2a.jpg[/atsimg]

The document contains more information and goes to explain that they beleive the high powered radar in NM can interfere with the operation of these craft.

I want to emphasise that his source is an Air Force Investigator as per his own comments.

Edit - I am actually tempted to start a thread on this find......
edit on 9-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
why is the FBI releasing this documents now though?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

If you search for ' Guy Hottel' you will see it has been discussed here at ATS. And it sure is interesting.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashtonkusher
so theyre friendly, this is great!

maybe the "first contact" idea is right? if so that still means something catastrophic must happen. (if im understand that idea correctly)

edit: jus read the post above me :/
edit on 8-4-2011 by ashtonkusher because: (no reason given)

Or very intelligent 'energy' (or part-corporeal) beings that have decided to invade earth so they very cleverly set about doing this by taking over key 'human' establishments, key people in power and areas of land by whispering, suggesting and sometimes even possessing people (who knows).

They pick their disciples, people how are probably heavily medicated on drugs and/or in that state from meditation (thereby being easy to affect and manipulate), providing them with "we come in peace" transmissions from the othereal/ethereal plane of existence.

But either way, this was a letter to someone and yet again, like many ATS threads this one has taken several subjects and merged them in, people need to learn to stick to specifics or the waters become muddy.

So back to my point, the above was a story in my head that I have made up based on all of this. That does not make it real or state that I am claiming something as a fact.

I can see the makings of some good fictional titles here1 ;-)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

why do all you medium nutjobs claim other people have to awaken to see the truth maybe you should just realise that you are probaly mentally unbalanced. ps what are the lotto numbers going to be for tonight.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

oh ok thanks, i was very close to starting a thread about it but i might not now. Thanks

I need to start utilising that improved search.... i dont use it enough, although i just tried and the first 5 hits were junk threads that went no where. i am sure there is a good thread on it buried in there. It will be good when the Admin updates stage 2 of the new search function and adds in Flag and Reply stats to the search hits.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Sorry op.

I believe this to be more Disinfo, for the gevernment campaign for bull crap.

Good read, but I am not buying it.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Why are so many people waiting for a public disclosure to happen? We are talking about the TPTB and the governments right? They will never tell us the truth not in one million years at least not willingly maybe by force but that´s another story. I don´t trust them regardless what fancy documents they release. Top secret information is like it says top secret and there is no way for us "normal" people to get our hands on one single document that´s not altered in any way.

We already know they exist but most people are waiting for a confirmation from our leaders? Yeah right dream on folks...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by NowanKenubi

A few years ago, I read a book about the inventions of the NAZIS, and their saucers, and in it the author told that NAZI saucers were emitting water steam through the hull of the saucers. If you go to the story beneath the supernatural one, about Billy, the young boy states the saucer he photographed was followed by a steam cloud of sorts...

Could it be Roswell and all was disinfo to protect the public from knowing the NAZIS had unbeatable saucers?

That must be part of the same conspiracy where the Nazi's choose to lose the war, even though they had unbeatable saucers

edit on 9-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

allow me to correct the statement a tiny little bit (but not before adding that I enjoyed reading your other posts in this thread)

You sarcastically (a style figure I do appreciate a lot) state that the Nazi's choose to lose the war. I feel history proves this wrong, as it was the German people who lost that war. The Nazi's simply took up other positions, except for the few with a PR value that was too high not to hang them.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
On "USSR disks", Any one smell BS?

why would soviets write in english? USSR in russian CCCP, that would be more logical, no?
Also, if soviets did make such hi tech spy devices, i'm sure they would make sure to have no identification signs on them.
edit on 9-4-2011 by Mercedes-Benz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Im a bit dissapointed with some of the best ATSers on here bickering amongst themselves when it comes to approving or debunking things.

I have a simple system, if its not a reliable resource or word of mouth...dont bank on it. But do appreciate it, anything is a possibility, and we should be concentrating on the possibilities.

All I know is I've seen a bona fide flying saucer, and I would certainly like to know where it came from.

I would also like to add, that clearly unexplainable UFOs are real. Its a fact, otherwise the government and us wouldnt be concerned with investing further.

The only thing that is yet to be answered is what is non-human and making and controlling these things.

There for this "nut jobs" story is very plausable..is it not?

Any ideas on this different dimension thing? I dont know alot about science at this level, but is that also a good possibility?

Please tell me more

edit on 9-4-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

allow me to correct the statement a tiny little bit (but not before adding that I enjoyed reading your other posts in this thread)

You sarcastically (a style figure I do appreciate a lot) state that the Nazi's choose to lose the war. I feel history proves this wrong, as it was the German people who lost that war. The Nazi's simply took up other positions, except for the few with a PR value that was too high not to hang them.

I see where you are going with this. But to continue this idea, it should be in Skunk Works at the very least. Because of how speculative for one thing.

Although I appreciate outside the box thinking, I am disappointed that this thread had so many replies that the original letter was "proof" of anything.

What we have is a FBI Doc, written by a former university head, who say information was gathered through 'supernormal' means. No mention of how it was gathered exactly. It could have been a student high on Qualuudes for all we know.

If we were to look at this letter objectively, people should be posting similar claims from the same era, and deducing where these other claims came from, also highlighting the various similarities between the cases.

As far as the Nazis go, I don't think it is relevant to this case. But I appreciate your input of things that did happen at that time "Operation Paperclip" etc. Although person, I think they brought rocket technology with them, not saucers.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
Ok so, this is basically the most important announcement in the history of the world, and quite possibly the most important thread ever posted on this forum.

You are kidding aren't you? The letter (made available by the FBI as part of its remit to give full awareness of the information it receives) is from an individual who believes in ET existence through supernatural means. That was in the 1940's. How many similar posts with an equal lack of evidence land on ATS every day? The FBI must be glad this site means they are bypassed so much of this these days.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join