Aliens found in released FBI docs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yet another thread that clearly shows the ignorance that permeates this subject. Has anybody here ever even read government files on UFO's? There is a bunch of crap in them from a bunch of fruit loops. And no, trying to ignore that fact by claiming it is the government "muddying the waters" is nothing more than someone trying to defend their belief in something as stupid as an invisible man (religion).

Ufology can't be seriously looked into for the next 20 or so years, and that clock doesn't even start until people learn how to actually read AND understand source material without their tin foil hats getting in the way.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Your disinfo won't work on me. I know what a inter department Memorandum is. It also states that the information was obtained by supernormal means. This is not even anything to do with any "ufo civilian wittness".
This is info that was obtained by someone in the government.
It is also is address to scientist of high calaber or with security clearance. I am also an abductee, and have worked with the government. You have your agenda and that is fine. But this is and enter department Memorandum.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

This is an official FBI website email them if you don't believe me. So now I guess what you are saying is that the FBI just made up these documents and put them on their website. For what reason would they do that?
I can't get over how many ATS members are on this site just to call every thread a fake.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Oh so you have a thread Disclosure in a week or so. So how do you know this.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Roswell - A radar deflecting device carried on a balloon
Majestic 12 - Bogus
All others, mass hoax
Even the saucer kept from Mr. Hoover is explained in part II

The more you read the FBI stuff, the more you think the UFO thing, in it's entirety, is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated, and perpetuated in all of modern history.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Oh, you are the one that goes to every thread saying everything is fake. I mean do you just not have anything else to do with your life. That's even sad. You have absolutely no interest in anything on ATS so why did you join. Some people think being a debuncker makes you sound smart, the only thing is if you think something is a fake why not at least research it and show evidence it is a fake. Now that is smart.

This is an Official Government FBI website, and if they made this ufo files up, then I guess they took years making up the rest of it too.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

This. This one hundred times.

Weird people send stuff to the government all the time, they are just releasing them now.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Dude, did you even understand my point or what I meant? I don't know how to spell it out any clearer for you. I don't care if it is an "official" anything. It's crap. Only it's "official" crap, lol.

I can scour hundreds of government documents that have utter crap about "aliens and ufo's" in them, then come screaming in here and claim I'm onto something. But I understand the context and what these documents are. It's not brain surgery.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

Now one sent this to the Government it is an enter department Memorandum. Email them and ask them.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There certainly are some fascinating government UFO documents out there but, when it comes to this FBI one, I think the incident may have been based on a cheeky hoax by Silas Newton and Leo A. GeBauer:

On May 31st and June 1st, 1998, on the nationally-syndicated radio programs Dreamland and The Art Bell Show, noted UFO researcher Linda Moulton Howe described a secret FBI memo from March 22nd, 1950, written to J. Edgar Hoover himself. Memo author Guy Hottel, of SAC, described an investigator's report of a flying saucer recovery in New Mexico, with mention of three saucers, three-foot tall bodies, metallic cloth, and bandaged alien bodies. The crash was supposedly due to interference from high-powered radar. But all of these elements (saucers, aliens, cloth and tape, radar site) have been firmly traced to the yarns spun by our two swindlers! William Moore even traced how the story got from Silas Newton to J. Edgar Hoover: Newton told George Koehler (employed at radio station KMYR in Denver), who told Morley Davies, who told Ford dealers Murphy and van Horn, who told auto dealer Fick, who told the editor of the Kansas City Wyandotte Echo. By that time, Koehler had become "Coulter," just like a game of "gossip" (or a game of "pi")! This article was picked up in the news, where it caught the interest of the OSI. The OSI agent passed the story on to Guy Hottel of the FBI, and he gave the 8th-hand story to Hoover.

link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

The F.B.I certainly is not going to disclose anything on a site that the public can access, all they are doing is merely showing documents associated with civilian sightings, and letters to them. If one pours through these pages thoroughly they may find something that was overlooked perhaps. But I doubt it...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
But I understand the context and what these documents are. It's not brain surgery.

MainLineThis, can you go into more detail about how you understand the context of specific government UFO documents - there are plenty of other examples but here are some object descriptions from the thread you posted in:

"It looked to be about 2000 feet in the air and a white-silverish looking colour -rotating in a counter clockwise manner. It was round in shape and going in a rather fast motion".
Doc

“Object described as flat on top and bottom and appearing from a front view to have rounded edges and slightly beveled. From view as object dived from top of plane was completely round and spinning in clockwise direction.... Object did not appear to be aluminum. Only 1 object observed. Solar white. No vapor trails or exhaust or visible system of propulsion. Described as traveling at tremendous speed".
Doc

"Objects being described as "25 yards in diameter, gold or silver in color with blue light on top, hole in middle, and red light on bottom".
Doc

"There were bright objects hanging over the sea.The closest object was luminous, round and four to five times larger than a Whirlwind helicopter.
The objects separated. Then one went west of the other, as it manoeuvred it changed shape to become body-shaped with projections like arms and legs".
Doc

"DURING THE FOURTH MINS OF OBSERVATION A BLUISH GREEN BEAM OF LIGHT APPEARED FROM THE CENTRAL CORE OF THE CONFIGURATION, EXTENDING OUTWARD AND DOWNWARD TO THE LEFT AT AN ANGLE OF APPROX 45 DEGREES, AND REACHING TO THE FADE OUT POINT OF THE RADIATING RINGS OF LIGHT. APPROX FIVE MINUTES AFTER THE APPEARANCE OF THE BLUISH-GREEN BEAM (SIMILAR IN APPEARANCE TO A SEARCHLIGHT BEAM), THE RADIATIVE CIRCLES OF LIGHT DISAPPEARED, LEAVING ONLY THE CORE OF LIGHT AND THE COLORED BEAM".
Doc

“...pilot of helicopter wished to stress fact that the object was of a saucer-like nature, was stationary at 2000 ft. And would be glad to be called upon to verify any statement and act as witness.”
Doc

"..THEY WATCHED THE OBJECTS FOR APPROX. 1 HOUR BEFORE REPORTNG THAT THE LARGE OBJECT WAS ALMOST ON THE ICE. THEY REPORTED THAT THE ICE WAS CRACKING AND MOVING ABNORMAL AMOUNTS AS THE OBJECT CAME CLOSER TO IT. THE ICE WAS RUMBLING AND THE OBJECT LIT MULTI-COLOR LIGHTS AT EACH END AS IT APPARENTLY LANDED
Doc

UFOs - Close Range Sightings

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Disclosure is not far away

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Who is to say that something like this wasn't typed up yesterday on an old computer and made to look old. I don't think they had concepts/theories like this in 1947?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
As I read the preceding pages, it becomes apparent that these are reports, letters, and transcribed interviews with UFO witnesses collated and circulated withyin the FBI, and not official analysis or reports by the FBI itself. I would like nothing better than to find proof that the FBI, CIA, Air Force, or any other official branch of the government has avowed the existence of extraterrestrial or interdimensional intelligence visiting Earth.

I can't even put into words how much I want that to be true. It is a deep seated longing that I despair to say has yet to be fulfilled. But I have to be honest with myself and accept that - at least so far - this isn't proof of the FBI having avowed such contact. It's just an FBI collation of reports by the public - some more credible than others (such as those by pilots) - but we've known such reports exist since the 50s or earlier.

This is not me saying visitation does not happen, never has happened, or is not happening now. I make no assertions without proof. I would give my left... well, you know the saying... to know that this is happening, so it isn’t a case of me “not wanting to believe." It's just me saying that, judging by everything I can see in these documents, this isn't the FBI actually saying we're being visited by anyone or anything.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You know the thing that grabbed me was how it mentions how "their world" is NOT a world like ours but one outside of our visual something or other (sorry in reply mode here already and don't have the source in front of me) but....a light bulb went off as I immediately said to my wife "Now that makes sense!! Like "they" have the ability to materialize and dematerialize (which we believe is in and out of the 4th dimension or just outside our normal field of vision hence why 4th generation night vision goggles can pick them up visually), so the fact that "their world" is like that too only makes sense!!" Anyways had our hopes up that this was disclosure until we saw that it was some dudes "supernatural vision"

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

As to the 'referring to self in the third person' issue. Are we sure yet that the writer was the experiencer, or whether this info was relayed by the experiencer to an already embedded member of staff at the FBI? An existing member of staff may then have rolled out the info by open letter, to others that he felt may have benefitted from the knowledge.

Since the writer says he sent this to scientists, the military and aeronautics companies, and that he is a 'former university department head with university degrees', I'm going to assume he doesn't work with the FBI. Because if he did, he could just say 'I am agent so and so'.

You should probably read what you are talking about the next time you reply to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by Turiddu

Now one sent this to the Government it is an enter department Memorandum. Email them and ask them.

That is just formal letter type. People used to write things differently back in the day. If you look at the official FBI memorandums, they have a letterhead.

The writer stated that he wrote the same memo to other organizations...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by xynephadyn

And personally, I think its very fascinating to think that some "nutjob" in 1947 came up with the idea, should he had made it up- this idea came before network television, and in a largely mainstream christian society.

Yeah, because aliens were never in movies back then...

There was nothing big that happened when the letter was sent in...

I could go on and on about influences but it is really not worth the time.

Wow, and this is why the term Straw Man Argument was coined. You nailed it perfectly.

A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[1][2]

Flash Gordon?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

Your disinfo won't work on me. I know what a inter department Memorandum is. It also states that the information was obtained by supernormal means. This is not even anything to do with any "ufo civilian wittness".
This is info that was obtained by someone in the government.
It is also is address to scientist of high calaber or with security clearance. I am also an abductee, and have worked with the government. You have your agenda and that is fine. But this is and enter department Memorandum.

If it was an "inter-office"

memo, than why is the writer describing

his job and where he worked????????

????????????????????

Wouldn't the FBI know that he works

there???????????????????

And also know the credentials of the people they

hired?????????????????????????????????

edit on 8-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join