It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th
boondock, I do get your argument, and agree with it in theory. But in practice when, as getready stated, your stuck in a tough situation and your family is counting on you...it's very hard to choose between paying your bills and giving the govt the big ol' middle finger.

I too did most of the things getready did...we eventually claimed bankruptcy and cut out all luxuries. But there are always going to be necessities and payments that you can't change. Mortgage, utilities, insurance etc. Not being able to meet these obligations would've meant a very sad existence (even worse than working as a a "McSlave").

Michelle

do you consider it an equal playing field ???
Did you get a government bail-out like
most of the banks did? No.
Then it is NOT equal and TPTB are
NOT cutting out their luxuries, they are
still making you pay for it.
And you oblige like a good lil slave.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Oh, I've been there awhile, I just didn't realize we were agreeing.

It is a delicate balancing act though. On the one hand, I have to make sure I am prepared, and my sons are prepared for a world that continues down this same path with no significant changes. Smart phones, computers, politics, corporate agendas, etc. I have to be able to navigate that world, and teach them to navigate it as well.

On the other hand, I have to be prepared for what many of us think is the upcoming reset button! A world where the government falters, the population goes a little bonkers, each person has to survive on their own for awhile. I have to make sure my family is prepared for that situation. It may last weeks, months, or decades.

So, while my house is getting close to being off-grid, I only have to finish the solar circuitry one panel at a time, I also have to pony up the money for my Droid, and make sure my sons are exposed to using digital cable, and a smart phone. While we are learning to fish, and camp and build fires, I am also having to foot the bill to put them in special programs at their school, and attend the sponsored "spirit nights" at the area restaurants.

We are almost forced into spending our hard-earned money in the ways they instruct us to spend it, and I never want to stifle the opportunities for my children, but I also think the system has to crash at some point soon, so I have to make sure we are preparing for that at the same time! We have our B.O.B. and our stash of foods, medicines, bullets, etc.

It is a delicate balancing act between learning how to navigate a smart phone, and learning how to navigate in the woods. Between cleaning a fish, and cleaning up the parental controls. Between building a fire, and building a webpage. Wow what a world we live in!!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

what good are your solar panels
when chemtrails block sunlight ???
TPTB anticipated your counter move.
I never said they were dumb.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
Look I'll do anything to keep my job. I'll rat out the managers, I'm only normal staff, I didn't know. I'll give names I swear.

I would call corporate immediately and tell them. You will likely keep your job as a whistleblower protection, but in reality I did actually report this to corporate, so I would actually call them. McDonald's Corporation 2111 McDonald's Dr Oak Brook, IL 60523 800-244-6227.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
As for the people taking "tips" at McDonald's...

McDonald's has a corporate policy that does not allow ANY of its employees to receive tips. If you are found accepting a tip as a McDonald's employee, it will result in immediate termination.

Corporate has been made aware of this thread.

ewwww!
the loss of an $8.00 an hour job

I shall have too keep my eye on you from now on youpoprock.
As i shall sift to see if your being a good Mcslave and do NOTHING outside the social Mcnorm of this fenced Mccattle stock yard we call Mcreality.
Mcsure you pay your taxes on Mctime

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

Router just a bit of insight, stop giving out so much of your Mcinformation on the internet

Mcidiots like above would have to go through serious Mcchannels to fire you, BUT you have McScrewed yourself for a better word of Mcselfincrimination

Mclessoned learned i guess

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by YourPopRock

Look, I only started working there about 2 months ago. I didn't know. I genuinely thought it was a tips box - I just thought it was sly to dress it up like the charity box beside it. I'm not a thief.

Seeing as how the 800 number is likely a call center 5000 miles away. And your internet identity is pretty much anonymous. And Poprocks has no idea which store you work at, I think I would let a sleeping dog lie.

If you feel guilty, start putting a little cash in there each day until you feel satisfied.

Now, on another note, if you took the money for yourself, and you didn't share it with your coworkers, then you are indeed a thief, even if you thought it was a tipjar. If you did share it with your coworkers, then someone should have told you the truth, and everyone would have stayed out of trouble.

Don't call the 800 number.

Instead, get to the store manager this very day, confess your "mistake" and take your lumps. If they fire you, it is probably indicative of how your job was progressing anyway. If they give you another chance, take it and don't screw it up!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah, you're right - they've got no idea what store I work in. Chicago Illinois is a big place!!

Catch me if you can BOZOs!!

BAM!! That's my last post on the subject - thanks for the advice getreadyalready!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Look, I only started working there about 2 months ago. I didn't know. I genuinely thought it was a tips box - I just thought it was sly to dress it up like the charity box beside it. I'm not a thief.

Seeing as how the 800 number is likely a call center 5000 miles away. And your internet identity is pretty much anonymous. And Poprocks has no idea which store you work at, I think I would let a sleeping dog lie.

If you feel guilty, start putting a little cash in there each day until you feel satisfied.

Now, on another note, if you took the money for yourself, and you didn't share it with your coworkers, then you are indeed a thief, even if you thought it was a tipjar. If you did share it with your coworkers, then someone should have told you the truth, and everyone would have stayed out of trouble.

Don't call the 800 number.

Instead, get to the store manager this very day, confess your "mistake" and take your lumps. If they fire you, it is probably indicative of how your job was progressing anyway. If they give you another chance, take it and don't screw it up!

Actually he said he worked in a Chicago area store, the 800# is to the local corporate office. Since it isn't a corporate store (because at the non-franchise corporate locations, set accountings of the Ronald McDonald house donations are made at the close of business each day and the money is deposited in a seperate cash drop), it narrows it down to 1 of 18 franchise locations in the Chicago area. It will actually be pretty simple to triangulate which store it is by looking at who has the lowest Ronald McDonald house donations and working up from there. About 5 minutes worth of work.

I would call and whistle blow, it is the only thing that will keep you from getting fired and possibly prosecuted.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Actually, all they need to do is supeona your IP from ATS (which ATS would easily comply with).

Your cocky attitude about stealing from needy children only strengthens my conviction that reporting you was the correct thing to do. Not only will you lose a job, but getting another one will be difficult with a criminal record!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I shall call your bluff and remain silent. Ha!

EDIT TO ADD: Your idle threats do not scare me!
edit on 4-4-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I worked in McD from 15 till I was 18. I would have worked for free so many women and so little time off. There's been many a time I thought of going back just for the sex 7 days a week. Sometimes I do need money

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I agree about the cocky attitude, and obviously my advice was interpreted the way he wanted to hear it, not as it was intended. I said not to call the 800 number, but to go and talk to the store manager, and I also said that he was still a thief if he thought it was a tip jar and he was keeping it all for himself. If he wasn't keeping it all for himself, then there is a bigger problem in the store.

So, I agree that we have some wrongdoing that needs to be rectified.

Still, I don't think there is much of a chance of any action from the call to the 800 number, and there is absolutely no chance of a subpoena in this instance. That's ok though, if he continues with the same attitude, something else will bite him eventually.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

actually it is simpler than that.
All they have to do is go to the counter of each
of the 18 Chicago McSlavery institutes and see
which one has the box without the House logo
and look for the 19 yr old male working there
for only 2 months.
That ought to narrow it down to less than 5
people. Still laughing now ???

edit on 4/4/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
I worked in McD from 15 till I was 18. I would have worked for free so many women and so little time off. There's been many a time I thought of going back just for the sex 7 days a week. Sometimes I do need money

Exactly! That is why I loved it! It is not hard to be the coolest guy at McDonald's, and that gets you a lot of girls! I don't think I slept from age 16 to age 19. I went to football practice, went to work, went parking with some girl, got home just in time to cover up before Dad came in the room before work, got up and showered, and then made it to my first hour class, where I immediately went to sleep!

Luckily, my first class of every day had a football coach for a teacher, and my grades were good, so I got away with sleeping in the mornings at school. By that evening, I would start it all over again!!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I agree about the cocky attitude, and obviously my advice was interpreted the way he wanted to hear it, not as it was intended. I said not to call the 800 number, but to go and talk to the store manager, and I also said that he was still a thief if he thought it was a tip jar and he was keeping it all for himself. If he wasn't keeping it all for himself, then there is a bigger problem in the store.

So, I agree that we have some wrongdoing that needs to be rectified.

Still, I don't think there is much of a chance of any action from the call to the 800 number, and there is absolutely no chance of a subpoena in this instance. That's ok though, if he continues with the same attitude, something else will bite him eventually.

So there you have it - straight from the horses mouth! No subpoena!! Tough luck poprocks, maybe next time eh?

EDIT TO ADD: I still don't consider myself a thief as I didn't realise - I thought it was just a cunning ploy to get more tips if people thought it was a charity box. So I'm just revelling in the limelight of being reported and you guys not being able to do anything haha!
edit on 4-4-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well, good for the illegal aliens
Most all mcjobs and others like it -especially mckfc- around here
are filled by mccriminal invaders;
too bad we can't make sure jobs go to Americans cuz I know many citizens that would love any job and can't find one.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

actually it is simpler than that.
All they have to do is go to the counter of each
of the 18 Chicago McSlavery institutes and see
which one has the box without the House logo
and look for the 19 yr old male working there
for only 2 months.
That ought to narrow it down to less than 5
people. Still laughing now ???

edit on 4/4/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Hold up, how did you get my date of birth?? Are these things not supposed to be confidential when you sign up?? Does it say it on my profile or something?? Anyway, there's probably hundreds of 19 year old employed.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

cunning ploy to get more tips if people thought it was a charity box.

How is that any different than stealing from the actual charity box?

If you thought people were misled into thinking it was charity, and the money was not intended for you, it is exactly the same thing as taking it from the charity box.

And not to worry, posters on ATS are not what you should worry about. Your real life, your real decision making, your real personal morals and actions are what you should worry about. If you don't make amends for this action, it will come back to you. They always do. Not to mention your credibility here on this forum. How do you suppose your future posts will be interpreted with the attitude you have shown here?

Maybe your mistaken thread on April Fools day wasn't so much a one time mistake as it was evidence to your intelligence?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join