50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Ok, the disparity is noted.

I, for one, cannot sit at home and do nothing. I also have a wife and 2 kids, so I don't plan on spending any time in jail. What would you propose as a solution to the situation?

I am currently employed, I quit my high paying job, because of the pressure, the long hours, working holidays, needing time to be with my son, when we thought we were going to lose him, etc., etc. But, I got an entry level position in State Government making about 1/3rd of what I was used to. I gave up my truck, my house, filed bankruptcy ($1M in healthcare costs for the child), and my entire family helped to renovate and move into a larger home with my parents. I worked that entry level job until I got a promotion, then a year later I bid on a better position, and now here I am in an almost equal position to the one I originally left, except now, I have weekends and holidays off to be with my family, and I work 7 to 4 instead of 7 to 7! It took some hard times and some sacrifices, but we are now better off.

What would you propose to an unemployed person? Sit and wait? Actively oppose the system? Refuse to pay taxes?

I am not criticizing your stance, I think now is the time for action myself, but what action would be direct, legal, and effective?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
When is Walmart going to absorb McDonald's offically?

KFC+MCD+WLM?
edit on 4-4-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I am not gonna tell you to break the law.
All I'm telling you is how you can break
the bonds of slavery. We all are addicted
to this society that TPTB have created
for us. Careers, cars, cell phones, houses,
boats, etc .... that is an illusion created
to divert your attention that you are still
indeed a slave.

After 50 yrs of climbing the corporate ladder
just what was accomplished ???
TPTB got rich off of you. And you will
be lucky to have an RV to drive on vacation
to see the sites that THEY own.

Don't feed the animals.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As for the people taking "tips" at McDonald's...

McDonald's has a corporate policy that does not allow ANY of its employees to receive tips. If you are found accepting a tip as a McDonald's employee, it will result in immediate termination.

Corporate has been made aware of this thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

and thusly, the corporate gestapo will descend
upon the facility in question and they will be
punished. 40 lashes just like all the slaves
that get out of line.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Good, I hope something is done in a hurry.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

OK. I got you.

Live frugal, stop being materialistic. Conserve. Conserve everything: power, merchandise, environment, clothing, etc.

There is a book, "The Millionaire Next Door" and he talks about how spending $300 on a pair of shoes is a bargain. Buying expensive antique furniture is a bargain. Getting a custom made, high quality suit from a Tailor is a bargain. AND HE IS CORRECT!

Poor folks will spend $50 for a pair of shoes over and over and over until they spend $1000s on shoes, whereas a rich person will by one pair of very nice shoes, and have them for a lifetime. They spend less and have better stuff! Same with furniture. Don't guy IKEA crap and Target pressed board crap, you will buy it over and over and over for life, and always have crap. Instead, save up and buy one high quality piece, one time, and have nice stuff forever. Same with suits, same with dishes, etc., etc. Stop living a consumption, disposable lifestyle.

I think this link should be shown every year in the school system.

The Story of Stuff

In this regard, our situation was intentionally engineered to be what we have, and we are the unwitting victims of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

It will be. They take charity fraud VERY seriously. I saw them fire the entire staff of a store in Minnesota for doing just this same thing. Every manager, shift supervisor, lead and every single employee was fired immediately.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It will be. They take charity fraud VERY seriously. I saw them fire the entire staff of a store in Minnesota for doing just this same thing. Every manager, shift supervisor, lead and every single employee was fired immediately.

Like I said in a previous reply. I hope the cash was worth it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Hmm.. I'm in deep chit then. I wonder are Burger King looking for staff?
Thanks. Thanks a lot guys.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
boondock, I do get your argument, and agree with it in theory. But in practice when, as getready stated, your stuck in a tough situation and your family is counting on you...it's very hard to choose between paying your bills and giving the govt the big ol' middle finger.

I too did most of the things getready did...we eventually claimed bankruptcy and cut out all luxuries. But there are always going to be necessities and payments that you can't change. Mortgage, utilities, insurance etc. Not being able to meet these obligations would've meant a very sad existence (even worse than working as a a "McSlave").

Michelle

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

good, now ur beginning to
open your eyes. star 4 u

Now alter your life to the new
objectives and you may just
win your freedom back.

link   

McDonald's has a corporate policy that does not allow ANY of its employees to receive tips. If you are found accepting a tip as a McDonald's employee, it will result in immediate termination.

Can't believe you ratted this thread out - I was going to check on Saturday - and then nothing else would have been said.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy

Hey, I have no sympathy for a charity theif.

Anything that happens, you brought upon yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

view it as a blessing in disguise.
You are no longer feeding
the animals.
edit on 4/4/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Can't believe you ratted this thread out - I was going to check on Saturday - and then nothing else would have been said.

you forget the power of ATS

2nd

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Hey, I have no sympathy for a charity theif.

Anything that happens, you brought upon yourself.

As far as I was concerned it was a tips box!!! It just happened to look exactly like the charity box..... !!! The managers told us it's a tips box!!! C'mon man.. I'm no thief!!!
edit on 4-4-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Of course I did. I have had a child who needed the support of the Ronald McDonald house... Did you actually think you could come online to the internet, brag about essentially stealing from those kids and not run accross someone who had their child supported during a real time of need by this charity?

That is as naive as thinking you are not at fault for your actions simply because you were following instructions from a supervisor.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Look I'll do anything to keep my job. I'll rat out the managers, I'm only normal staff, I didn't know. I'll give names I swear.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join