It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

Originally posted by routerboy

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by palg1

Do you have an official McPolice badge to use on this guy?

What's the difference if the employees are raiding the tip box or the corporation. McDonalds doesn't have a charity just so you know, they have a tax write-off.

Anyone dumb enough to put their change into charity boxes may as well toss it into wishing wells. More useful.

My badge is the that of the human decency police.

I have family that have used the services of RMH on several occasions.
Theft of that money is the theft of their ability to stay close to their children when the quad ran over Rachel, the dump truck door smashed Chris in the face, when Ben spent 4 months in the hospital to save his life, etc. plus the countless others that I have never met.

No matter if it is just a MDs tax ploy, the principle remains the same. Routerboy is taking money under false pretenses when he now clearly knows for whom it was intended.

Also the people who put the change in that box I am sure would not appreciate the fact that their coinage is being pilfered when they intended it to go to RMH.

It makes a difference to those parents.

btw: "Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald’s "charity of choice" for 36 years.We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald's is our largest corporate donor."

I resent that posting.

For one, I have constantly said that it's a tips box that may look like the RMD House boxes - but until I get to work my shift this coming Saturday and find out exactly what box is what - I would appreciate you NOT calling me a thief *just* yet.

Resent away. I simply stated what you yourself made obvious in your fist reply to this post. That you knew the clients were putting money in the box thinking it was for charity.

It isn't my fault they don't realize it's not the charity.
edit on 4-4-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
let's do an employee cost analysis
to see if you're really making any money.

Let's say you work 20 hrs a week.

20 X 8.00hr = $160.00 gross wages

now let's take out taxes

Fed = $5.00
State = $3.00
Social Security = $5.00
FICA = $2.00

total deductions = $15.00

$160.00 - $15.00 = $145.00 take home pay weekly.

Now, let's count your costs to have this job.

Fuel = $20.00 weekly
Vehicle Insurance = $20.00 weekly
Vehicle Property Tax = $5.00 weekly
vehicle wear and tear maintenance = $5.00 weekly
Uniform cleaning = $5.00 weekly
Meals while you work = $10.00 weekly
Daycare = $30.00 weekly
Misc (unforseen) = $5.00

total personal cost = $100.00 weekly

$160.00 - $15.00 - $100.00 = Net gain $45.00 weekly.

now average that total gain of $45.00
by how many hrs you worked (20 hrs)
and you make a whopping $2.25 hr.

Now multiply net gain $45.00 weekly
by 4 weeks and you make a whopping
$180.00 a month. This won't even
pay a power bill at the end of a month.

Not bad for a PTB swindle.
McSlavery

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

I'm done. I've said my peace and people are still defending dishonesty and indifference.
Let your conscience be the victim.

Good bye!

link   

It isn't my fault they don't realize it's not the charity.

Which is the main problem with people today. Anyone who sees something that looks like "charity" or that its a "helping hand" removes critical thought.

Same with legislation designed to "protect" people. Or regulations that "benefit" workers.

There is a lack of individual analysis in the world today. You're right, it isn't your fault. They can ask anyone that works there if they want to know. In fact, they can drive to their local RM charity house and give a donation in person if they want.

But, as I said before, those boxes are for people to alleviate guilt. Guilt tax. Drop a dollar and you are a good person all of a sudden. You care about people, and because they did this, they can be morally indignant to other people.

Congratulations to everyone that falls for the charity schemes.

link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by Michelle129th

Michelle, I had a friend who was in a similar
situation as you. But I'd be willing to bet
McDonald's didn't pay you any benefits
for the sick child. No insurance, no
paid leave, no contribution to 401K,
managers calling you on the phone
did not cost them a dime but the
other stuff I mention would have.
And btw, did you have to purchase
your uniforms and shoes ???

In my case no, I did not have benefits as I only worked part time. I already had a full time day job and only wanted a 15-20 hr/week job to supplement my income. On a few occasions I was asked if I would like to become a team leader and eventually train for a full time management position (which would include benefits), but I had to turn them down as McD's was not my "career" choice and the swing managers shifts would not work with my family's schedule.

The uniforms at the particular restaurant I worked at were free (I can't speak for all locations though). If we needed a new piece, we put in a request and they would fill it as soon as possible if they didn't already have your size or need in the restaurant at the time. In the 2 years I worked there I had to replace my pants twice and my shirt 3x...all free. Our shoes, yes, we did have to supply but the only demand from the owners were that they were black and non-slip. Again, I can't speak for other McD's...or other countries (I'm in Canada), but there was some sort of partnership with Payless shoes, and McD's employees could get 25% off of nonslip safety shoes...so that was a bonus. There were also other "benefits" such as percentages off from other companies...I can't remember off the top of my head which companies as I never took advantage.

Of course the phone call didn't cost them a dime..but with I believe at last count 75 employees, all with their own "stuff" going on..for them to take a minute out of their day to call and check in with me was truly appreciated.

The long and the short of it is...it's a job like any other minimum wage paying job. Most of them are hard, dirty fast paced work with low pay and rarely a "rewarding" day. But I found my McD's took good care of their employees. We constantly had weekly/monthly challenges to motivate us to work better or harder. One in particular was to sell more of a particular item than another McDs in the area. Our restaurant won and for that the manager bought and installed a large flat screen TV and a PS3 in our employee lunchroom. Being an "old" lady, I didn't partake in this particular reward lol. Another was if we did well on 3 consecutive mystery shopper reports, the owner paid for 30 minute massage time for everyone on those shifts...and they did make good on it! In the summer the owner stocked the freezers with ice cream sandwiches or freezies to cool us down...I could go on. Also, there are definitely opportunites with McD's for advancement and management positions if you are a good worker. If I had to hazard an assumption...I'd say you're more likely to advance at McD's than any other fast food chain (again..an assumption).

Anyhow, my experience was generally positive and the only negatives I'd have to say were the customers themselves that felt we were somehow unintelligent inferior life forms.

Michelle

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
well yeehaw weve beens aved..yuo dont have to even flip the hamburgers over a hot griddle! jsut pick the cancerburgerup fom its superheated lights box it n serve. what a job of jobs i cannnt wait!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm done. I've said my peace and people are still defending dishonesty and indifference.
Let your conscience be the victim.

Good bye!

You mean the support you lend to McDonalds has nothing to do with indifference.

Did you miss the post I had where they sued a 19 year old girl who was running a charity, because the name of her event infringed on their trademark?

They could have put the lawyer fees in the donation box, but they chose not to.

Dishonesty = Don't even know what to say to that one.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Your cost breakdown would be true of ANY minimum wage paying job. Why are you so hell-bent on this being a Mcdonalds issue? We all know it would be very tough, if not impossible to survive and raise a family on a minimum wage job..but let's be realistic..in this economy even a half decent paying job isn't going to cut it.

Michelle

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I did similar math to your post in a thread last month. I showed where it was impossible for my family of 4 to live off the average US salary of $47,000 per year. After taxes, insurances, rents, gasoline, daycare, etc., etc., we were still going in the hole.

Actually, I used the average US salary, the average US rent, the average US car payment, etc., etc., and I proved that it was impossible to survive.

So, your post is noted, and agreed, but it is still better to actively struggle, instead of sitting at home and being a parasite on everyone else. It is always better to TRY!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
I had a friend who worked for McDonalds for awhile over a summer. She was normally so happy, but working there made even her get depressed.

Not trying to scare anybody away from a job or anything, just a friendly warning. Working for McDonalds is usually pretty terrible, but it's better than having no income. Then again, I'm sure that could be said for most fast food places.

You cannot take one experience to generalize an outcome. I was a shift manager at a McDonald's for about a year.
I thought the job was lots of fun. We had a good team that got along and we even had staff outings (movies, city wide scavenger hunts, picnics, etc...) Very few at our store disliked the experience. The only reason I left was I was moonlighting and as I was military was posted to a more remote, McDonald's-less area.

Conversely, My best friend was a full time manager at the Burger King across the street. He haaated his job.

edit on 4-4-2011 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

If you were in the military, then why would you need to take another job? Just curious because I thought you get paid well enough in the military, perhaps not?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

If the people in that store are raiding that box, they need to be reported. Has your friend done anything about it?

I work there, we take the money for tips? It's a tips box, but it looks like a charity box - and when we give the change out in cents instead of dollars it provokes the customers to put some of it in the charity/tips box. That's how we're told, to supplement our pay.

It is NOT a tip box. It is there for the Ronald McDonald's Houses near the Children's Hospitals throughout the US and Canada. You ought to be ashamed! You ought to return the money you took and if I can find out where you work I will report your store to McDonald's HQ.

Seconded, I work 16 hours a week at mcdonald, that box is for a charity that provides places to stay for parents who have children who are sick in hospital, along with the xmas raffles, santas grotto and fashions shows that we do. I know Mcdonalds is a lot of things, but stealing from sick children, naah, i gonna look into this.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th
Your cost breakdown would be true of ANY minimum wage paying job. Why are you so hell-bent on this being a Mcdonalds issue? We all know it would be very tough, if not impossible to survive and raise a family on a minimum wage job..but let's be realistic..in this economy even a half decent paying job isn't going to cut it.
Michelle

thus my point that this is a PTB design
to cut out the middle class. McSlavery
is aiding that effort. But hey uncle
sam still gets his taxes even when you
work 2 or 3 jobs right ????

Cost of living has increased 100% in the last
2 yrs. Minimum wages have increased 2%.
There is a reason. By taking these jobs
you are still feeding the corrupt system
with your tax dollars. These 50,000 new
jobs will create app $5M in income to the
gov over a yrs time. They are not doing
this for you or me. They are doing it for
themselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Not way back then dear. Cpl pay family of 4. Couldn't do it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Thank you, you restored some of my faith that there are honest good people out there.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Actually, I used the average US salary, the average US rent, the average US car payment, etc., etc., and I proved that it was impossible to survive.

So, your post is noted, and agreed, but it is still better to actively struggle, instead of sitting at home and being a parasite on everyone else. It is always better to TRY!

It is NOT better to try when
you are still feeding the folks
who enslaved you.

If we the people suffer,
why should TPTB still get
their money???
I don't intend to feed my masters
shrimp and lobster while
I eat peanut butter.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Even higher paying jobs in Canada are unrealistic. I don't know how people could survive on what you are saying. It is abysmal.

Lets look at a $16/hr job:

Even at $16/hour (in Canada) you are lucky to break even while covering all your added living expenses. After tax it works out to $1000 every two weeks. Factor in monthly expenses:
Rent ($900)
Insurance ($250)
Hydro ($100)
Food ($300)
Gas ($200)[$1.20/litre][1 tank/week]
Living essentials-soap, cleaning supplies, etc. ($100)

Add in cell-phone and internet and you are looking on average anywhere from $50-300/month depending on your provider.

Standard of living sucks unless you are earning $22/hr+

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If people shouldn't take these jobs, then what do you propose they do? Of course it's crazy that people have to take 2 and 3 jobs these days to survive and raise a family, but you have to do what has to be done. I couldn't throw my hands in the air and say "oh well...my kids won't eat this week, but I really screwed over the govt by not taking that job at McDs!!"

There are people in this world that NEED these jobs. Through either choice or upbringing they don't have the education, experience or desire to work elsewhere...or as in my case it was a quick stopover to help until I got back on my feet (some people use welfare...I chose not to) These types of jobs allow people that might otherwise not be able to work, somewhere they can get some training, experience and possibly advancement and higher income. Or, the experience to then apply at a better paying job in the future.

Michelle

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Sometimes though these types of jobs give a person experience in the workplace, providing references and job experience. I don't see anything wrong with that to be honest. When I was a college student I took janitorial and waitressing jobs to get by, at one point I was a full-time student working three part-time jobs. Those job references helped me when I eventually moved into a career.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

It's not about people not taking the jobs. Of course they will have to take anything they can get. It is more about not supporting establishments like this. Stop eating at McDonalds, if you do eat at a restaurant make sure it is locally owned.

One step at a time. This system won't disappear overnight.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th
If people shouldn't take these jobs, then what do you propose they do?

winning a revolution is never easy
and it requires sacrifice.
If you don't sacrifice then you
will not truly appreciate your
freedom.

Like the park signs read:

Don't feed the animals !!!

Animals = TPTB

You can grow your own food
You can make your own fuel
break the system of slavery
that we all are addicted to.