It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnitaCigarette

I'm sorry but it's not my fault that you cannot understand that equating human life to burning a book is wrong and totally ON topic. You spewing your hatred for religion is not. So again you have to have enough intelligence to keep up with the thread. Goodbye...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Click here for more information.

edit on 3-4-2011 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

I'm sorry but it's not my fault that you cannot understand that equating human life to burning a book is wrong and totally ON topic. You spewing your hatred for religion is not. So again you have to have enough intelligence to keep up with the thread. Goodbye...

Right, you totally know me! Not. Stop being so assumptive. I came here to talk about Terry, not god.

The only thing about religion I hate is people who try to force their beliefs onto others. Let live & let love, don't throw a godamn bible at someone who doesn't walk the same path as you.

A conversation with you has NO intelligence to it, thus this IS my last response.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

There you go again misunderstanding what I wrote.

I understand your neener neener. Why don't you understand what I wrote?

You don't have to leave defeated but if you do...Peace

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnitaCigarette

Right, you totally know me! Not. Stop being so assumptive. I came here to talk about Terry, not god.

The only thing about religion I hate is people who try to force their beliefs onto others. Let live & let love, don't throw a godamn bible at someone who doesn't walk the same path as you.

A conversation with you has NO intelligence to it, thus this IS my last response.

How can this topic be discussed without God being a part of it??? When broken down it's what the entire subject is about. Have a great day.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

There you go again misunderstanding what I wrote.

I understand your neener neener. Why don't you understand what I wrote?

You don't have to leave defeated but if you do...Peace

I totally understand what you wrote. Don't start thinking you are that clever. I just think you are wrong. period.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Do you have an anti religion vaginal itch that needs to be scratched?
edit on 3-4-2011 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

Hell no. I just don't like to see people throwing god into the mix when it has no relevance to a news item about why Terry threatened to burn the Qur'an, when they murder each other senselessly. I'm not going into the "human life is a precious gift from god" when every other religion on the face of the planet thinks differently as well. To assume everyone is going to agree with that statement is bogus. To assume that because I don't agree with that statement, I am therefor anti-religion, is bogus also. It is the same as screaming "LIBERAL" at a "CONSERVATIVE" person. That is LABELING & ASSUMPTIVE.

My only agenda was to come here for a conversation about the news article. I didn't expect someone to be pushing their beliefs on someone else.

To clear something up before I leave, I have no issues with religion. If it's the road to your enlightenment then do it, just give each other room to pass...

& on that note, Goodbye. Have fun arguing amongst yourselves. I have more stimulating things to do, like read a book or watch TV or talk to my girlfriend while doing those 2 things.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Now that is a better way to approach a debate. We can surely agree to disagree. The personal attacks are what causes offensive and defensive stances.

Disagreements are normal in a civilized world.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by laiguana

Had he not publicly with media fanfare burned the Koran, I don't think this tragedy would have happened. Had he just went into his property, and had no media publicity burned it, that's his business.

But, instead, he did so with the expressed purpose of antagonizing people in the Middle East, and because he did so with media publicity, in my opinion he is guilty of Reckless Endangerment.

oh please...islamic extremists don't need a reason to kill infidels or even other muslims, they've done it for centuries. this is just an excuse, and it will keep happening. frankly, that is why this lunatic "preacher" has been given so much power by the very people who detest him...they use it as propaganda on their own people to solidify the power of a few of the upper class muslim leaders

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No ... I don't see the religious connection at all

Terry Jones and the demonstrators in Afghanistan .... For the love of GOD ... don't talk about religion!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
He also has plans for his "next day of judgment" when he will have a trial for the Prophet Muhammad...

Is this being done in order to begin the tribulation?

Will this spawn a Holy war for this generation?

It's sure spawing something bad.

This guy is stirring up way too much violence. I wish something could shut him up, for the good of the many....
He knew it was going to cause problems, yet made the choice anyways.

I agree with abolishing religion. It just causes problems. Too many extremist issues on both sides. People get too involved with the idea of worshipping and preaching, and forget how to behave. People have turned into control freaks, when they should be able to live and let live. Tolerance and patience is forgotten about....

It should at least be made private/personal. Get rid of the institution of blind dogma.
edit on 2-4-2011 by snowspirit because: just ranting....

So you think it is OK for them to hold him hostage?

They are all insane. This incident is proof of that.
I think more people should publicly burn this stupid book.
In fact they could burn any book and just say it was the Koran...put a Koran dust jacket on it, and the when the violet idiots kill more people....show them what was really burned. Expose them for the fools that they are.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnitaCigarette

How can this topic be discussed without God being a part of it??? When broken down it's what the entire subject is about. Have a great day.

Subjec to this thread is not "god".
It is about the fools who kill at the slightest irritation.
They keep on demonstrating their religion of peace....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
reply to post by 5StarOracle

The fact that these 'muslims' go out and kill people because someone burned a book; just shows how sub-human they are. Just stating the facts. These people are crazy about their religion they are dangerous and have been brainwashed to believe in a false prophet Mohammed was a rapist child molester murderer
edit on 2-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

When will people learn, those that actually believe and follow any religion are in the minority. The rest just pay lip service to it and use it as an excuse to do what they want. Now from my readings and understanding of these religious books, is that there all used to control peoples. And yes some of them are more tolerant in there teachings then others, and yes Christianity in it's teachings is more tolerant of others and there ways, then say the Quran or Talmud.

But this thing in the middle east has very little to do with religion other then a tool by both sides to control the sheeple, and those in Afghanistan didn't kill those people in the UN because of the supposed Quran burning, but they did use it as an excuse to attack and kill there occupiers who are robing there country blind, and ultimate set up both fronts of the battle, the globalists in power in all countries, who are in Afghanistan because there is lots of $$ to be made.

And yes this whole story is just a diversion from the real problem's, and the favorite tactic that always seems to work is RELIGION, because as we know sane people like to kill and die for there imaginary friend in the sky. And really both groups on the different sides of the ocean are brainwashed, only in different ways. The only difference really is the mediums that those who have agendas to keep use.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If these Afghanistans care more about a book than civilians being killed in their country, including women and children, then their priorities are far off indeed, which makes me think this is all just propaganda. Show me some hard proof the koran burning in Florida caused a riot in Afghanistan. This should be fun.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
And another thread where the intolerant breed. He had every right to burn that pos book, every right. And those saying he broke the law might ought to start looking at the administration in office and the media today.....then mulitply what this idiot did by a thousand. Abolish religion, why because sub humans can't deal with others in an adult manner? Or is it because it offends you? I dont like leftists, liberals, tree huggers, members of PETA, members of the aclu, or people pushing the homosexual agenda in schools.......abolish them first then get back to me on religion. If these animals didn't have religion to kill for they'd find something else, it's their nature.

You strike me as somewhat of an expert on hatred.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Our Freedom is non negotiable. Our Freedom conflicts with the fundamentalist Islamic teachings. Which are you going to do, follow the fundamentalist Islamic teachings, or follow the American laws of freedom? It is simple, either Terry Jones has the right to freedom of speech, or the fundamentalist Muslims have the right to sharia law.

There is no middle ground of half freedom and half sharia law. It is one or the other. You ARE going to be forced to pick a side if you are an American citizen. If you are a moderate Muslim you are going to face the worst of the attack. You are going to be forced to be the shield to take the hardest hits. I do not think the moderate Muslims are prepared for what is going to come. They have not made enough of an effort to distance themselves from fundamentalist Muslims and are going to take the hits from both sides, from their fellow Americans who will consider them to be a part of the fundamentalist Muslims, and from the fundamentalist Muslims who consider them apart of American freedoms.

There is no way to differentiate between fundamentalist Muslims and moderate Muslims. It is not that they do not exist, it is that there is not enough nomenclature/terminology to describe them.

Take Terry Jones for example. No one says "He is a Christian" they say "He is from the Westboro Baptist Church". We have terms to define which branch of crazy he is. Moderate Muslims just go by the name Islam and Muslim. Those are the same descriptions that fundamentalist mu slims use. Islam and Muslim. Perhaps using more definitions of which mosque you are a member of? Moderate Muslims need some way to separate themselves from Fundamentalist. Otherwise you are going to be forever lumped into the same category.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Terry Jones while what he did is not criminal in the strictest sense had an inkling that following through on his plan or being a part of following through on it would very well potentially have consequences. He was warned by agencies back in August or so not to do it, and instead he chose to do it knowing what very well may happen. It is not a crime on the same scale as what the afghani's that killed the UN workers did but it was still wrong to do. In short he is a complete moron, a despicible and reprehensible excuse for a human being.

On the other hand it gives no excuse to the Afghani people that perpetrated the murder, beheadings and other violence the right to do what they did. Kharma has a strange way of coming around so I have no doubt they will get thiers. To disagree with people is human, but human kind as a whole needs to rise above spreading hate. You cannot blame a race, religion or lack thereof for the actions of the individual. Until people can rise above the endless cycle of hatred we are doomed to keep repeating the pattern.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow, I long for a simpler time when the likes of "Rev" Terry Jones would have been burning Beatles albums.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by laiguana

Had he not publicly with media fanfare burned the Koran, I don't think this tragedy would have happened. Had he just went into his property, and had no media publicity burned it, that's his business.

But, instead, he did so with the expressed purpose of antagonizing people in the Middle East, and because he did so with media publicity, in my opinion he is guilty of Reckless Endangerment.

The media who covered the event are guilty of reckless endangerment, they knew it was a hot topic and used it for ratings with no regard for the consequences. The preacher is a simple tool (in more ways than one) and I don't believe he is intelligent enough to understand his place in this little drama. I am not defending his actions and I despise everything he stands for but it was really a non-issue before the media got involved. How many people actually witnessed it? Without the MSM it ends up at the bottom of you-tube.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Burning a book does not justify murder.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join