It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I never said anything about a flag.

try again.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yep, he's nasty.I think he was tied to the bachi bachi boy scandal too, but that might have been a different hamid karzai, not sure.

But Afghanistan was rockin' all week, and as I understand it a lot of the anger there was over this 15 year old and these kill shots.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

well those criminals are being brought to justice as we speak.

der spegal and rolling stone mag are just stirring things up!

it is old news, basically.

and i'm interested to see if they catch any of the murderers of the un people.

edit on 3-4-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
Americans have been beheaded for these beliefs held by muslims before Terry Jones, you may have seen it for yourself when Nick Burg was beheaded while they shouted God is great.

Sigh.. you really believe that was real and genuine? I saw a good analysis of the video a few years back, pointing out exactly why it's a rather carelessly done fake. (These things don't have to be done carefully, there're always people who get bitter without enquiring too closely into it.. like the 'raped' woman at the press conference, and the Bin Laden "confession" video from around about 2002).
Vicky

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

wow vicky, so where is pearl now?

living it up in kandahar?

with obl?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Vicky32

with obl?

We all know OBL is surfing in Maui

Seriously though, the stryker brigade needs to be nailed to the wall - and anyone lese who knew about it but didn't do anything.
edit on 3-4-2011 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Any man is free to spout his nonsense in USA. At most he will be spat on or have a egg thrown on his face if it was provocative enough. But he had done no crime, neither hurt or harm anyone. America follows the rule of law.

Sorry, the bizarre way in which you expressed your point of view has forced me to ask. Does that freedom apply to women as well? Please, join the 21st century!
Vicky

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

geeze vicky, a woman would have eggs thrown at her as well.

even spit on, i guess.

it's the price of freedom.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Vicky32

with obl?

No idea! I'd recommend asking his father, who was the first one to raise suspicions by his rather strange comments at the time...
OBL has been dead since 2002, afaik.
Vicky

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Don't you love the way that God has given this idiot control of "judgment day".....I doubt he can read, cuz if he does, it's not the bible he's reading....I think he may just go on a rampage and burn all books because he is mad at the books because he can't read them...

Pretty scary isn't it? That this numbnut could be the one who is going to kick off armageddon for us? Or at least he is trying to!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Afghanistan Protests

Text"The Taliban had nothing to do with this, it was a pure act of responsible Muslims," spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said by phone from an undisclosed location of the Mazar attack. He later added that the Kandahar demonstration was also spontaneous.

So yes, again, I spoke correctly when I lumped all of the Afghanistans together.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
that's scary,

no radicals involved.

just regular muslims.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
While murder is rampant, most of that is caused by the CIA funded Taliban and other extremist groups, not every Muslim is a killer just like not every American is a killer.

edit on 2-4-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

The Taliban is funded by the CIA? Where did you find that little tidbit?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Isn't he practicing freedom of speech? I think what he is doing is terrible, but others are saying he is just practicing freedom of speech. Some of our own politicians incite violence in their speeches, but isn't that "freedom of speech" too?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Just another mental midget with a God size ego trying to fit the world into his "little" world. Pathetic!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I love how upset everyone Is at this man "for the hate he Is spreading" and the "backlash In the middle east" he caused. but no one want's to hold the Muslims that riot and behead people responsible for what they do, just blame it on ol' terry Jones. I find It absolutely insane that people would actually blame this man for ANYTHING that happens In the middle east. he has the right to burn whatever the hell he wants and It actually pisses me off that any of you would wish to take that right away from him. People should learn to take responsibility for there OWN actions not just blame some book burning redneck. Terry Jones has not hurt a singe person nor has he attempted to. sticks and stones..........now I'm gonna go burn some korans n' bibles while I still have the right to do so....
edit on 3-4-2011 by TruthWizard because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
2 wrongs never make a right, but in my mind, this 'man of god' has blood on his hands and should be removed from the church for instigating murder. (tho knowing our MSM, neither he or the victims probably actually exist!)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

I don't want to take away his freedom of speech. I just want to take the media that he has used as an instrument of terror away from him.

Yes personal responsibility. Maybe Jones should learn that lesson. That actions you take, have consequences.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Afghanistan Protests

Text"The Taliban had nothing to do with this, it was a pure act of responsible Muslims," spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said by phone from an undisclosed location of the Mazar attack. He later added that the Kandahar demonstration was also spontaneous.

So yes, again, I spoke correctly when I lumped all of the Afghanistans together.

It is one thing to protest and absolutely another thing to murder. If a minority of the Afghanistan protested over the burning of the Holy Koran book, then it is within their freedom of expression, nothing wrong with that just as Hindus would protest over the sacriledges done to their ancient temples, or the neighbour's consistant loud music playing .

Protest are letting others know how a minority or majority group feel, but that does not mean that they are right if no follow ups of further discussion and debates over the issues are allowed.

Worse if murders of innocent men, women and children are even sanctioned! I sincerly doubt if the afghanistan protestors were calling for the heads of innocent men, women and children. Only perhaps the drugged addled few.

As I had mentioned before, NO religion sanctions the murder of innocents, not in our modern era. Any religion or man that does and commits such acts are animals, not responsible civilised men and should be brought to justice fo face trial for their crimes

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
People trying to blame murder on this guy for burning a book are clearly out of their minds. Obviously destroying religious objects is going to fuel hatred of religious fanatics, just look at all the death threats the Danish cartoonist received when he drew Muhammad a few years ago. But lets be real here, blaming murder on someone other than who actually committed the murder is absurd.

People are just blaming this guy for an smokescreen to have their barbaric crimes excused. If I go burn every holy book I can find this afternoon and put the video on YouTube, a lot of you are saying that I should be responsible for any religious violence that follows, and I find that absolutely out of touch with reality. Religions have been practicing nonsensical violence for thousands of years, and I don't think one specific book burning is going to turn any rational person into a murderer; this group were clearly bloodthirsty fanatics before they decided to push their own responsibility to some guy on the other side of the planet.

Clearly Terry Jones is a world class moron, but he is not responsible for the murders.

Anyone that is honest with themselves can see the poison that religion spreads throughout the world.
edit on 3-4-2011 by DisappearCompletely because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join