It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Some things never change.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c406653c596c.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 3-4-2011 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely
People trying to blame murder on this guy for burning a book are clearly out of their minds. Obviously destroying religious objects is going to fuel hatred of religious fanatics, just look at all the death threats the Danish cartoonist received when he drew Muhammad a few years ago. But lets be real here, blaming murder on someone other than who actually committed the murder is absurd.

People are just blaming this guy for an smokescreen to have their barbaric crimes excused. If I go burn every holy book I can find this afternoon and put the video on YouTube, a lot of you are saying that I should be responsible for any religious violence that follows, and I find that absolutely out of touch with reality. Religions have been practicing nonsensical violence for thousands of years, and I don't think one specific book burning is going to turn any rational person into a murderer; this group were clearly bloodthirsty fanatics before they decided to push their own responsibility to some guy on the other side of the planet.

Clearly Terry Jones is a world class moron, but he is not responsible for the murders.

Anyone that is honest with themselves can see the poison that religion spreads throughout the world.
edit on 3-4-2011 by DisappearCompletely because: (no reason given)

I fully agree with you on most part, except for the last part.

Religion by itself brings comfort and solace to a large significnat population of mankind, as well as teaching humanity civilised ways, even to atheists whom draw their inspirations and daily life interaction with others from it.

The only poison that religion brings is only man made and man created poison, hidding behind the works of religion to perpertuate their domination and lust for power over fellow human beings, as Terry as well as the murderers of innocents did.

May we mankind rise up and root out these animals and bring them to justice if they broke any civilised society laws that our community of human has agreed and swore by.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
ya because burning a book is right up there with beheading

I think he is awesome for helping people to see how ridiculous islam is

Not that christianity is any better but at least the christians kill people quickly and dont torture them

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
is there a way to remove this bigot from humanity..

he is the one that needs to be beheaded

religion sux

So when someone burns a bible there is no outcry from the media or from the public, yet when you burn a Quran you get primitive behaviors such as the killings of the UN Troops.

From above poster

Not that christianity is any better but at least the christians kill people quickly and dont torture them

excuse me but Christians dont kill people unlike these book worshipers.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Do I believe it was actual Afghanis who engineered the highly-publicised murders and beheadings (whether or not they actually took place or are just another excuse for 'retaliation' by the United States of Israel) ? NO. I do not

Do I believe the real or fictitious killings and beheadings were in response to the burning of a book ? NO. I do not

Do I believe anyone has the right to burn any book they own, regardless of its title or alleged importance to others ? YES. I do

link   
what if 1000's of people burn qurans?

will that make the world blow up?

i mean what can they do?

declare open war?

let them burn 1000's of bibles and see what happens.

why blame terry, it was karzai that whipped people up.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Anxg.70YovOqC3_b73a3CgYBxg8F;_ylu=X3o'___'JwM3VrNmprBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNDAzL 2FzX2FmZ2hhbl91bl9hdHRhY2sEcG9zAzYEc2VjA3luX3BhZ2luYXRlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDdW5lbnZveXVud29y

news.yahoo.com...

bring it on muzzies.

edit on 3-4-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by berilium
ya because burning a book is right up there with beheading

Assuming books contain knowledge transferred to the brain, then it is exactly like beheading.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Your certain the young men in rolling stone are not Christian then?

And the Guillotine was not a favorite of the Roman empire?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Do I believe it was actual Afghanis who engineered the highly-publicised murders and beheadings (whether or not they actually took place or are just another excuse for 'retaliation' by the United States of Israel) ? NO. I do not

Do I believe the real or fictitious killings and beheadings were in response to the burning of a book ? NO. I do not

Do I believe anyone has the right to burn any book they own, regardless of its title or alleged importance to others ? YES. I do

Have you ever been to Afganistan? How can you make judgements about what they would do when you have no frame of reference. Just because it doesnt make sense to you doesnt mean its not true. Having spent a year there trust me they will kill you for desicrating the Quran. However the bible doesnt hold that same respect.In fact we were advised not to cary one in the military because if seen it can get you killed.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Your certain the young men in rolling stone are not Christian then?

And the Guillotine was not a favorite of the Roman empire?

First recorded use of a guillotine.....

en.wikipedia.org...

In England, the Halifax Gibbet was an early guillotine, or decapitating machine, used in the town of Halifax. Its first recorded use was in 1286 and the last in 1650.

Just a little off there bud.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Come on, who hasn't burned a Koran? Why should Jones get all the credit?

Islam is a hate-filled demonic religion and this is just another great example of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's time to readjust our views on religion. We need to look at the wisdom and teachings that the world religions show to us. We need to be able to combine the laws that helped us to become civilized. the teachings of 'love one another', 'don't covet', 'promote peace' are true gems in religion. Man's narcissistic ego and the need to be superior to the next guy is why religion fails.

If there were a way to combine the teachings of Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and others, while removing the"gods", you would have a pretty good guide for humanity. All major religions have good, but followers can't embrace the teachings of other religions because of their "gods".

I guess what I am trying to say is to look to all religions as wisdom gathered from different view points from across the ages. Stop looking at the fanatics. Stop trying to make one "god" better than another. Stop trying to force your particular view onto others.

I am atheist because of religion. But I also see religion as a gathering of lessons learned by mankind throughout the ages. Religions carry the messages we all need to live by. It's the "I'm right and everyone else is going to hell" attitude I can do without.

Don't bad mouth religion. Just know that those who follow their religion with violence and hate, don't get it. they should be seen for who they are in their hearts. Know them for the trolls that they are. Without attention, they are meaningless.

Just live a good life, continue to learn, treat others with respect and do no harm. What else is there?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

STOP FOR A SECOND!

So you are CHOOSING to BLAME a pastor in the continental US for killings perpetrated ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD?

Shouldn't this be a wake up call about militant islam and our inability to coexist with it?

Do we send cruise missiles into Gaza or the THOUSANDS of other mideastern cities when they burn our flags or our presidents in effigy?

NO WE DON"T !! Matter of fact we send aid and FOOD EVERY DAY in numbers that DWARF the charitable giving of most of the rest of the world COMBINED to people that would rather BEHEAD us than THANK US!!

Christian charities send untold tons of food, money, and medicine to countries where the inhabitants HATE THEM!

While I am not a proponent of some sort of proto crusade I will say that this STUPID policy of tolerance of those that SEEK TO DO US HARM and DESTROY OUR CULTURE AND WAY OF LIFE is WRONG.

The Fact that supposed truth seekers are coming out in force to BLAME a minister making a point for THE VIOLENCE OF THUGS makes me sick!

Remember when they rioted over a CARTOON in a NEWSPAPER? Militant Islam is LOOKING FOR ANY LITTLE THING they can use as "justification" to kill, maim, or destroy property because they were "offended"

And regardless of what you may feel this minister has a RIGHT to express his opinion just like militant islam has a RIGHT to burn our bibles or flags or effigies of people that made them mad!

What Neither the MINISTER nor ISLAM has a RIGHT to do is KILL over WORDS or the burning of an INANIMATE OBJECT that caused them no physical or financial harm! The minister paid for the koran he burnt... so fine let them burn a bible and the TIT FOR TAT between faiths can go on for one more day!

BUT as soon as someone KILLS SOMEONE CLAIMING it was because of something someone else did.... That's just inexcusable.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If I as a Buddhist was hypothetically to burn a Bible, Talmud or Quoran would that sanction the followers of those faiths to kill others in retribution for my act.

To say these people know no better is patronising to say the least, they are human beings who know hurt as we all do.

Everyday someone does or says something which upsets me, I don't go on a killing spree.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Burning the Koran is just a lame excuse.
Muslems will still hate the U.S.,christianity ,and jews just as much.
Terry Jones does not represent Christianity but uses it to promote his own beliefs.
Daniel Pearl was not slaughtered over any such burning? These muslem sects will have no problem burning the Bible, the U.S. flag our kill someone who renounces their religion. They'll even kill over a cartoon.
Time to get out of there and let them fend for themselves and no aid whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Forgive me if I'm off topic a wee bit.I'm not particularly religious but i believe in treating others like u would like to be treated yourself,and to be good and kind to your fellow humans.I cant help thinking that something big is going to happen between the two most aggressive religions here on earth,Christians and Muslims.I don't really believe in the end times,or niburu or anything like that,but i am open minded to it!.Seems like alot of stuff has happened this year so far...lots of natural disasters like in Japan or the uprisings in the middle east.(more stuff has happened this year so far then in the last 3,4 years put together.So i cant really reject claims by those,who say the end times are near because it bloody well feels like it! lol.
Reading too much and seeing too much news lately about extremists (from both sides) it just feels like something could blow over which could very well lead to a third WWW between The middle eastern countries and The west.
There is way too much hatred floating about these days.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
And another thread where the intolerant breed. He had every right to burn that pos book, every right. And those saying he broke the law might ought to start looking at the administration in office and the media today.....then mulitply what this idiot did by a thousand. Abolish religion, why because sub humans can't deal with others in an adult manner? Or is it because it offends you? I dont like leftists, liberals, tree huggers, members of PETA, members of the aclu, or people pushing the homosexual agenda in schools.......abolish them first then get back to me on religion. If these animals didn't have religion to kill for they'd find something else, it's their nature.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Yea they do a really good job of faking those beheading videos.Are you for real?
They do not fake these videos you idiot!!!! I was in the British army and served two tours of Iraq,the hatred the Arabs have for us is scary,but tbh i cant blame them at all for hating us,after all we have done to Iraq And Afghanistan.
I was shown allot of videos from the sick minded people in my platoon, of contract workers and captured soldiers being beheaded,believe me there is no way they can fake those screams of fear and pain...such a horrible way to go.
The people that do these beheadings are pure evil,regardless of what has happened to them in the past,i don't understand how another human can do such a thing to another life.
No the screams are easily the most frightening things i have ever heard in my life,after the knife cuts through to a certain point the screams are more pig like sounding Still gives me nightmares.
After seeing them i was always in fear of being captured alive whilst on patrol in Basra,and promised myself i would put a bullet through my brain if there was a chance of me being taken alive.Its easily the worst way to die in my book.
ken bigley was British btw.
edit on 3-4-2011 by muza1875 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by Dock9

Have you ever been to Afganistan? How can you make judgements about what they would do when you have no frame of reference. Just because it doesnt make sense to you doesnt mean its not true. Having spent a year there trust me they will kill you for desicrating the Quran. However the bible doesnt hold that same respect.In fact we were advised not to cary one in the military because if seen it can get you killed.

It really isn't the issue that you had posted.

Every country has its own laws and beliefs, as agreed upon by their own societies. They have their free will to do so, to be either praises as a shining role model for the rest of humanity to follow, or to be roundly condemn and die a soon or later death by their own citizens when their laws affect them and their loved ones.

In Aghanistan, they have their own laws, just as USA has, and it should be respected when guests go over those countries.

BUT NO CIVILISED SOCIETY WILL CONDONE THE MURDER OF INNOCENTS, as a few misguided, brainwashed irresponsible citizens had done to the UN peacekeepers. Believe me, those murderers are quaking in their shoes over their folly of the moment, and any bravodo they possessed, bouyed by barbaric animals that support them, for they had not done the killings themselves are false.

Many more of the muslims are shocked by what happened, more so on INNOCENTS, and are claiming denialbility of such horrors silently and wished it hadn't happened, even though many are ignorant or under educated but compelled to either support or remain silent in that power lusting land using religion.

However, they know within their hearts what had been done, and just like you and me, wished it hadn't happened, more so to many other innocents in the world.

Perhaps, we mankind, regardless of differences - muslims, jews, christians, hindus, etc, should stage protest at EVERY UN office around the world and demand for justice over the murder of innocents in this incident, as a show of courage and solidarity for humanity that enough of being played and manipulated is enough!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Roman, Byzantine, English, American...you get the point but

Great

job misdirecting from the fact that orthodox Christians are the people using it behead others.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join