It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas cops discover new source of revenue... ticket thousands of school kids, many under 14 years of

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KainRich

First off i love Squall FF8 is awesome nice avatar!

Second i agree Community service would be best for these children to become more disciplined and not disrupt the class etc. Slapping the parents with a fine is wrong in every way. The world has changed alot from 20 years ago and i just want it to go back to how it was.

Such a sick society today.

edit on 3-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtf1is1happening
Infringements and more things like it NEED to happen.
It's the only way the majority population is going to snap out of it and the oppression of the state will not longer be tolerated. Most people are totally asleep or just don't give a rat's ass. But there are a few last bastions that incite a big enough flame for revolution, mainly children and firearms.

The day this becomes rampant or the day the government really makes a grab for our guns will be the day we will reach tipping point.

I hope.....
We'll take what they give us just like they did in nazi germany.

I really don't think democracy or a republic can prevent it.

It's us taking our freedoms for granted. We have to lose them to realize what we had.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well this is kinda of crazy....after all a grown adult male is allowed to enter a court room after commiting murder and claim no responsibility as he has the mental capacity of a six year old and often they walk away or spend some time in a special facility before realease. Here we have children some who understand the difference between right and wrong but actually do have the mental capacity of a 6 year old since they are 6 and they are being held accountable or at least the parents are for behavior that is expected of children...maybe the punishment needs to be expected and should go with the crime... that should be an old fashioned spanking right there in front of all thier friends.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The districts I am familiar with here in Texas have their own police force with all the privileges of a regular police officer. A lot of smaller districts even have a police officer. They are just like the metro police that enforce rules on public transportation. Both groups can call on regular police, state and/or local, sheriff deputies or constables for assistance.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Police no longer enforce laws, they are here to generate revenue.

The police are around ONLY to enforce laws and codes. They used to enforce justice and catch real criminals, but now it's obvious to anyone it's all about money...

Change of times i suppose... Just remember, they most certainly are NOT here to help you

Quoted from the highest court in DC - it is a "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen."
edit on 3-4-2011 by richierich931 because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's the PC crowd, the liberal mindset, that is causing things like this to happen. No tolerance is the result of equal treatment; you have to cater to the "least common denominator" for things to be equal. As such, it takes strict enforcement of rules and regulations to make everyone equal. And it's no wonder the smartest are being dumbed down as a result of this.

Anyone that cannot see that has donned several layer of rose colored glasses.

PC and liberalism has taken discipline away from the parents, away from the schools, and left discipline for the government to distribute equally. And then you people complain when the government and their "schills" enforce things, and complain because parents don't participate in the childrens' lives.

How much more hypocritical can you get?

edit on 4/3/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
It's the PC crowd, the liberal mindset, that is causing things like this to happen. No tolerance is the result of equal treatment; you have to cater to the "least common denominator" for things to be equal. As such, it takes strict enforcement of rules and regulations to make everyone equal. And it's no wonder the smartest are being dumbed down as a result of this.

Anyone that cannot see that has donned several layer of rose colored glasses.

PC and liberalism has taken discipline away from the parents, away from the schools, and left discipline for the government to distribute equally. And then you people complain when the government and their "schills" enforce things, and complain because parents don't participate in the childrens' lives.

How much more hypocritical can you get?

edit on 4/3/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

Blah blah blah blah Liberal. Blah blah blah conservative.

Why does everyone think trying to turn every event into political bait is a good idea?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join