It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas cops discover new source of revenue... ticket thousands of school kids, many under 14 years of

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is the type of thing that will be a game changer when it happens to someone like me. This idiocracy could spark the revolutionary change that the country needs. While I am completely flaggergasted and appalled, I am also a little excited, because they will eventually push the right buttons to make make it worth the sacrifice to stand up for ourselves.

For me, life is pretty good, I'm not quite ready to take the plunge yet, but pull some of this BS with my kid, and I will be ready in an instant!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is the result of having GWB as governor and then Presitator, er Dicrident.
He pushed the Yo Child Gets Left Behind Program.
More legacy from the Bush Years.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready This idiocracy could spark the revolutionary change that the country needs. While I am completely flaggergasted and appalled, I am also a little excited, because they will eventually push the right buttons to make make it worth the sacrifice to stand up for ourselves.
''''

Yeah man, I like your attitude!
I'd completely forgotten their could be a good side to this.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ayoss

While the methods and actions are ludicrous, I would say it is not the police who found the source of revenue. It was the lawmakers and the lazy residents who allowed the lawmakers to derive this atrocious law to take affect.

Then again, I don't live there and it really isn't my business what that city/state wishes to do.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Care to elaborate that connection? I figured a forum moderator would put more thought than "It was Bush's fault" as a discussion point in a debate.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

When applying your child into a school you necessarily are a third party who represents your child in offering and accepting the contract. You consider than the child abides by the policies and conduct of what the application states and even though the child does not have the capacity to officially sign for the contract, you act as the party to do so. You can also be found to be vicariously liable for the actions your child may take if you knowingly accept that your child is a danger to society.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
When I was in school, we recived a paddle to the butt and learned not to act that way anymore. Sometimes the simplest solution probably is still the best in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Man thats insane! really it is. as the saying goes from full metla jacket.."only steers n queers come from texas"..thats directed towrds the leaders that make draconian laws likes this..not you public people. I never thought the day would come, texas would be new world order* all the kdis were doing was acting up in class? ever hear of principales office? sit n concel with the parents?
were in serious trouble then! when the system makes fighting nad bickering the new thing, instead of intelligent conversations and working things out* hell the cop or whomever could imply write tickets without evidence, saying it was true!
geesh, ya know, every few months now,s eem to become more and more nazi stalin like.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

For some reason, I seem to recall a certain Clinton claiming "It takes a village to raise a child," thus "no child left behind" is the logical extension of that philosophy into the scope of the national village.
edit on 4/3/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Forgiv eme for saying it like this, and i do appologize* but a message does need to be sent..
call em or visit them in person, and say why not fine my son/daughter for being black, or indian too while yuor at it. oh..and would they pay less or more in that case? since it took decades for african americans to get too a fair level of salary.. the idea is too let em know this is a sensitive thing too do, especially regarding kids and all its desigend to do, is make money* not help anyone other than themselves.
what if the kid farts in class? not like tis something you can hold it.are htey gunna be fined for that too.? chewing on an eraser perhaps?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ya know...I used to think that people who elected to home school their kids were nutterbutters and were intentionally making their kids into complete social freaks... Now that the modern schoolkid has to look forward to getting bullied by their classmates AND the police, and not even getting a passable education for those thirteen years of suffering, I'm not sure the home school folks are so crazy after all*.

As an American and a Texan, this just friggin sickens me. If I could smack with a very large stick everyone who has ever ticketed a little kid for acting like a little kid, I would.

*so long as they're not teaching their kids that the earth was created 5000 years ago by a spooky, bearded sky-man who hates everything

edit on 3-4-2011 by nithaiah because: just learned that the size tags don't work great if the text goes on for more than one line

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
reply to post by captaintyinknots

When applying your child into a school you necessarily are a third party who represents your child in offering and accepting the contract. You consider than the child abides by the policies and conduct of what the application states and even though the child does not have the capacity to officially sign for the contract, you act as the party to do so. You can also be found to be vicariously liable for the actions your child may take if you knowingly accept that your child is a danger to society.

Certainly. A parent can mos definitely enter a child into a contract.

Unless said contract specifically indicates that a fine will be levied against the child, though, no such fine can be issued.

I also am not aware of many public schools which ask a parent to sign code of conduct contracts for their child.

And if it does state that the child can be fined, then shame on any parent who signed it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I remember back in the 80's some kids at my high school were selling joints to other kids. The narcs - Police on campus would arrest them the minute they turned 18. If they were under 18 they could not do anything to them. When did this change? Who let it change? I don't think this can be very legal.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
I think community service for these kiddies would be much more of an orderly conduct if it comes to ticketing. Fines that big won't stop them from committing more of these menial crimes and guess who ends up paying for them? THE PARENTS!

And herein lies the problem. These kids are being KIDS and they are not committing crimes. These are social issues, not criminal ones. The law CANNOT FIX ANYTHING, if it could we wouldn't have crime. Like most taxes and fines, this is fleecing, plain and simple.
edit on 3-4-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
This is the type of thing that will be a game changer when it happens to someone like me. This idiocracy could spark the revolutionary change that the country needs.

I don't think that will ever happen.

You can now fondle an American child in front of his parents in public as long as you are 'with the government and it's your job'. Nobody did anything then, they won't do anything now.

If the USA collapses or goes into revolution it will because of the economic situation, not because some people found their courage. And even then, the police and military will follow orders and kill everyone they are told to kill - they always do.

They don't even need to be given the order, they just have to follow policy; and if that includes shooting Americans then they'll do it, just like when policy told them (the police) to electrotorture Americans who do not immediately obey and submit to their commands.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Infringements and more things like it NEED to happen.
It's the only way the majority population is going to snap out of it and the oppression of the state will not longer be tolerated. Most people are totally asleep or just don't give a rat's ass. But there are a few last bastions that incite a big enough flame for revolution, mainly children and firearms.

The day this becomes rampant or the day the government really makes a grab for our guns will be the day we will reach tipping point.

I hope.....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ayoss

School District Cops Ticket Thousands of Students

Dallas ISD’s police department, for instance, issued criminal citations to 92 10-year-olds in the 2006-07 school year, the latest year for which such data is available. Alief ISD’s officers issued 163 tickets to elementary school students in 2007. And “several districts ticketed a 6-year-old at least once in the last five years,” according to a recent presentation to the state Senate’s Criminal Justice Committee by Texas Appleseed. Such tickets, often given for “disorderly conduct” or “classroom disruption,” typically are handled in municipal courts or by county justices of the peace and can have fines of between $250 to $500, police and court officials say, though some courts route many students into community service in lieu of fines.

Full article: www.texastribune.org...

Is the police state even a conspiracy theory anymore? Whenever I think it can't get worse, something even more absurd like this comes out.

Lol I got a ticket for 7 dollars when I was 15 for smoking a cig on highschool grounds. When I went into the army the fbi backround check actually showed this $7 ticket.

Deebo

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
this is disgusting.. just because these jerkoffs screwed up the housing market theyre gonna use little kids to make up thier losses.. tea party GOP reasoning. pay our coffers or we go after your kids

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Care to elaborate that connection? I figured a forum moderator would put more thought than "It was Bush's fault" as a discussion point in a debate.

Those familiar with Bush's record as Governor of Texas understand what I mean.
For those who aren't here's a sample or 2:

The state of Texas under G.W. Bush's leadership is ranked 50th in spending for teachers salaries
# 41st in per capita spending on public education
# 43% of Texas teachers plan to leave or are considering leaving teaching.
# Money that could have gone into raising teacher salaries went into tax cuts for the rich.
# The high school dropout rates in Texas are 30% overall
# The high school dropout rate in Texas is 50% among minorities
# Missing students and other mirages in Texas enrollment statistics profoundly affected both reported dropout statistics and test scores.
# At the start of every school year, school begins with literally hundreds of classrooms without teachers
# Governor Bush appointed a teacher certification board that, instead of working on improving the standards for the teaching profession and improving teacher quality, he decided instead to allow people who have poor credentials to enter into the teaching profession
# One in five Texas high school teachers are not certified
# About 41,000 of 63,000 vacancies in Texas public schools were unfilled in 1999
# Since about 1982, the rates at which Black and Hispanic students are required to repeat grade 9 have climbed steadily, such that by the late 1990s, nearly 30% of Black and Hispanic students were "failing" grade 9.
# Texas charter schools were even poorer than public schools. Even though the racial mix was skewed to non-white, and the number of schools (66) is small, the economically disadvantaged rate was very similar, the percent of special ed students was less in the charter schools, and the test scores were uniformly substantially lower.
# On national tests (NAEP), with one exception (4th grade math), Texas scores have remained flat over the period Bush was governor

en.wikipedia.org...

NCLB was originally proposed by the administration of George W. Bush immediately after taking office.[4]

and www.lib.utexas.edu...

Education reform was a priority throughout his terms, with legislation emphasizing local control of schools, higher standards, and a revised curriculum.

Need more?
edit on 3-4-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by KainRich
Ridiculous!!!

I'm in favor for the community service as well, at least for ages 10+, but to ticket a 6 year old is scandalous. The parents must be . I'm outraged just reading about it.

250 bucks for acting up in a class? Which class could that be, kindergarten??!?

EDIT

Waaaay down the line, when the children are all grown up (if we make it that far), the majority of Americans will have deep psychological problems. All thanks to being treated like criminals at an early age. I understand that we all had a bit of an authority to answer to growing up, but it's only getting more strict as society becomes more PC
edit on 2-4-2011 by KainRich because: (no reason given)

Mod Note : Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 3-4-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod Edit and note
I graduated in the mid 90's from HS. I remember lots of sh** while growing up, but you're right. I think this is mainly true for inner city schools. I've always been rural. I think ti's better out here away from the cities. We grew up with some amount of freedom, but that also had the effect of teaching us self-control. Well, that's my guess. I think this is real pathetic but I think it hints at the situation in our city schools more than it does our rural schools.

If they start doing this at schools in the country, like mine, I'll get mad. Very mad.
edit on 3-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join