It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Facts You (Probably) Never Knew About the Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
S&F. Very, very interesting thread. While I don't necessarily believe these theories, they are interesting nonetheless. It's quite possible that there may be more on the Moon than recently thought...I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Woah. Could it be? This seems to confirm that the moon really IS an artificial creation.

It confirms nothing of the sort
Really, did anyone lurn english at school? All you have here is a rehash of selected moon myths that are bound to impress any standard 12 year old. Yes the moon is very interesting - spurious use of the word 'confirms' is unacceptable!

It says clearly SEEMS to confirm.....the definition one of which can be...
" To appear to one's own opinion or mind"

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There's a lot of lies passed off as truth. Especially when it comes to dating. It's fraudulent science, not real science! There are ancient drawings of what we call dinosaur. Dinosaur wasn't a word until the 1800's. On Buddhist temples there are carvings of dinosaur. The ancient world called them dragons, and also leviathan in the Holy Bible and also a fire breathing creature. So I take any so called 'facts' these pro evolutionist say with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There's a lot of lies passed off as truth. Especially when it comes to dating. It's fraudulent science, not real science! There are ancient drawings of what we call dinosaur. Dinosaur wasn't a word until the 1800's. On Buddhist temples there are carvings of dinosaur. The ancient world called them dragons, and also leviathan in the Holy Bible and also a fire breathing creature. So I take any so called 'facts' these pro evolutionist say with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I took the liberty to add some of these labeled as "Possible Support" to the wikipedia page on the hollow moon theory. The edits were deleted within minutes.
edit on 2-4-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

Not "facts", sorry.

This is probably in the wrong Forum?? the "Space Exploration" forum should be devoted to science, and actual facts....not fantasies, misinterpretations and pseudo-nonsense beliefs and errors....

Fairly certain there have been previous threads, before on this as well....might be hard to find just the right words to search on "ATS search", to find them.

BUT, the "twenty"-something list, at first glance? Full of terrible mistakes. I'd suggest a great deal of FACT-CHECKING before blindly believing these claims. How terrible that such misinformation is so readily spread around, via the "Internetz". Real science is becoming inundated by the "pseudo"-crap......

The MAIN one, from memory, is the "age" of the Moon and the Lunar samples. There is nothing wrong with the estimates of the age of the Sun, and the Solar System. The misinformation comes from the fact that Earth is so geologically active, and finding the ORIGINAL rock samples next to impossible, since the crust has re-cycled so much, in our planet's history. Opposed to the Moon which, once formed and cooled, has remained virtually inert, for the majority of its lifespan.

OK....ONE down, only nineteen more to go! (>sigh

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This thread is absolutely amazing. This simply just proves that the Moon might be an artificial object, brought here many years ago, by who knows who.. Very good thread. Thnx A LOT.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The moon was made after the earth.

The events that they can not explain through logic are just proof of God's handy work

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Studies of lunar rocks show that the moon originally had a molten surface. As this so-called magma ocean cooled, intense volcanism continued for about 900 million years. An early volcanic eruption is shown here. Copyright William K. Hartmann

from www.psi.edu...
Reading some more academic sites I see they even make the moon sound weird and wrong in many ways, a lot of mystery for such a long span of watching the moon having so much info you would think the mystery would be solved...
Since it is not I think there may be a true mystery here.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Awesome, and something interesting I might add. If you go to Google Moon, and go to the Apollo 12 site, you see some strange incisions on the moon. . . in fact there all over the moon

and here is something else about the strange lights, they may just be gas coming from the surfae
news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 2-4-2011 by santjime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Great post. Does anyone know if any of these features are visible through a telescope from earth? I have a 6" reflector and can get some pretty stunning views of the moon but these features might be a push too far for my wee scope.

The moon is fascinating. I don't know about it being a space ship but there's definitely more to it than we are led to believe. There a great video on YouTube of something apparently firing from the surface of the moon at something which is orbiting it. The object being fired at very quickly changes direction and speeds away about one second before we see the missile or whatever it is. Really makes you think.
edit on 2-4-2011 by WakeupUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Great find OP! Now I know why our government isn't going back, I hope that Space X or one of the company's like them goes there to mine or something and Scientists get to tag along in the very near future. Star and flag

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think it was Alex Collier that said that the moon was brought here by one of the alien races millions of years ago.

Having seen videos of Alex collier, the facts the OP posted doesn't really surprise me. I don't know why, but as crazy as Alex collier claims sound, I somehow believe him.

If you haven't already, I suggest you look into his videos.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Response to the OP's listed points...

1,2, and 4 sound generally correct.

Number 3, you have no proof that aliens brought titanium to the Moon...or built the Moon out of Titanium.

Number 5, is wrong. The Moon does have a magnetic field.
Even if it did not, Moon rocks can still bear Iron and be magnetic.

Number 6 is easily explained by the recent discovery of sinkholes on the Moon.

Number 7 is baseless speculation. Craters all over the Solar System leave mass concentrations. It's a known feature of some large craters. You have no proof that they are artificial.

Number 8 the Moon is not getting closer to Earth, in fact it is receding at the rate of about 1 to 3 inches a year. Also, the alleged witnessing of explosions on the Moon don't mean seismic activity is taking place. You don't even know if these observations are correctly made, you have no grounds to conclude that the cause of them are probably artificial.

Number 9, hollow moon doesn't mean like a Ping Pong ball. It would be more like a sponge or porous rocks.

Number 11, all the unusual samples in the world don't make it alien. It's telling how you "know" that Moon rocks can bear Iron, and yet you still made the mistake of claiming that Moon rock magnetism requires the Moon to have a magnetic field.

Number 12, just so we are clear Isaac Asimov was a biochemist. His area of expertise was not the Moon or space. Also, just because Asimov said it, doesn't mean it is true. That is called "appealing to authority", and it does not prove anything. Otherwise, yes...the Moon's origin is still not 100% determined.

Number 13, the Moon's orbit is not stationary...again it is moving away from us at a rate of a handful of inches a year. And again, you have no proof that the Moon is artificial.

Number 14, that chance alignment only happens now at this point in history. In the past the Moon was closer to Earth and completely covered the Sun and it's "halo" during eclipses. In the future the Moon will not be able to cover the Sun anymore, due to moving away and getting relatively visually smaller compared to the Sun. Also, Asimov's statements concerning this prove his lack of expertise on the Moon. I mean no disrespect to Isaac Asimov, but the facts must be stated. He was a biochemist who wrote science fiction, and no more an expert on the Moon than you or I.

Number 15, No. You have not proven that the Moon is an artificial construct. Your own apparent inconsistency concerning magnetism indicates that you are just repeating what someone else has said, without really understanding it.

Number 16, yes those are called "transient phenomenon" and they don't prove anything.

Number 17, the Mare Crisium bridge has never been conclusively proven to exist. Other photographs of the area don't show a bridge.

Number 18, the Shard is very mysterious, but there have never been any confirming photographs. Until another photo of it is taken, we can only make assumptions.

Number 19, the Tower is another mystery that needs a confirming photographs.

Number 20, the obelisks (blair cuspids) aren't really anything unusual. The really long shadows that make them look very tall, are because the Sun is low in the horizon. It is lighting the objects from their side, making them have long shadows. Any arrangement of three objects in a rough line is gonna look like the Pyramid complex in Giza or Orion's belt.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Lets make it two down.

When you look at the Moon, you see lighter and darker regions. The lighter regions are the mountainous highlands. The darker regions are vast “seas” of basalt lava that erupted out of the Moon billions of years ago.But the new volcano type oozed thicker lava rich in silica.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Do your homework you will find fact is far more interesting then fiction.
Why?
Because it's real

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by daveyboy1991

Who's to say? There is where imagination grows.

We know know it's not made of cheeze, but hang on most on ATS believe we didn't even get to the moon... so there's another problem.

"A giant spaceship" . For those with any intelligence, work out that if that were true what was the earth like before it got here? Our earth depends on the moon. Therein, lies your answer that it's actually a rock of different properties brought into alignment by forces unknown.

So the conclusion by this poster is that the moon is a giant spaceship built by aliens and brought here from (?) (how???) to do what?

Another one for the white coat brigade.

edit on 2-4-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by Condemned0625
Woah. Could it be? This seems to confirm that the moon really IS an artificial creation.

did anyone lurn english at school?

can you see the irony in that statement??
P.S what does english have to do with the Moon??

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Allow me to add to the mystery of the Moon. Have any of you seen this footage(still shots put together) of the Moon as a probe passes over it and a large tower like object seems to release a gas cloud?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wrong on number 2, the moon cannot be possibly older than the sun that created it.

After I read that I didn't read or hit links after that, this whole post is not based on fact.

As far as us not knowing what we want to from 6 moon landings goes, we don't have knowledge of half of our own earth's life forms, so you see, what you may expect is vast.

This is not a thought provoking post, just much of the same stuff that people around here get stars and flags for.

If you don't like what the world's astrophysics scientists tell you, do your own research yourself, or find another source that you think isn't taking NASA dollars out of your pocket, which is really the thrust of your post. You think NASA lies to you, but you aren't educated enough in the subjects you rant about to know the difference.

This sort of thing grinds my gears.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join