It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Facts You (Probably) Never Knew About the Moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If none of this gets debunked that means the moon COULDN'T possibly be the reason we have tides and all the other things the moon supposively does to create life on earth. A moon with no core and little to no gravity wouldnt have the strength to effect earth like we think it does.

Here's something to fun to think about. For those who want to believe it's an et ship. Maybe the moon is where the watchers hang out.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
End of the day the moon is widely regarded as the strangest object in the known universe..

Personally i think NASA been doing secret moon missions out of the public eye for a long time.

There more going on up there,then we are told.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Astounding thread! Several theories about the moon that I had yet to read or hear about.

I especially like the one that talks of reverberation and sound resonance after the landings. It's a big hollow rock with a face on the front blowing smoke. Could that be the Illuminati sign for, "We're constantly blowing smoke up your tailpipe?"

Thanks for giving my mind yet another subject to wrap around!

WURD

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Good post OP .I imagine in the near future the scientific community will also discover that the moon bing closer,brought water to earth ,the biggest frozen comet anyone could have imagined spun rapidly around our mother earth and evaporated water by gravity attraction ,and still is ,behold the moon as you have never thought of it as before.
Peace gringo.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeupUK

Here's the video you mentioned of something being fired from the moon at another object which appears to high tail it outta there.

Edit to add: In the YouTube summary it says its the moon, but on the video it does not. Who knows.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

I remember reading an article published by Alex Collier in the net. The idea seems essentially the same, the aliens brought the moon in the current position from far away galaxy. The moon has been an inspiration for the musicians and poets around the world for thoudsands of years for its beauty. I still have doubts about it but the idea that it was artificially made is mind boggling.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Did you just say Hollow Earth? Can you expound on that supposed Theory you spout with such glee.

Rationality seems to be scarce these days

I bet your one of those suckers who bought the book telling you the moon was a space ship!

edit on 2-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

If all these people who think the moon is really hollow maybe we should send them on an voyage so they can migrate to the supposed hollow interior of the moon.

Oh and when you hollow moon Theorists reach your destination call me. You have a limited supply of oxygen have fun on your E.T space ship

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Are you even reading my posts? Read the post again. I am saying when one of you (people like you) come along and see a term that goes against what they believe, they become so defensive that they think what they say is without a doubt the truth. Clearly the OP has gathered information and Opinions on the topic while all you've done is come and disparidge him trying to make him look like a fool who buys Science Fiction Books.

Stop inferring from random words and actually read the posts.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

If all these people who think the moon is really hollow maybe we should send them on an voyage so they can migrate to the supposed hollow interior of the moon.

Oh and when you hollow moon Theorists reach your destination call me. You have a limited supply of oxygen have fun on your E.T space ship

Don't point your finger at me it might get bit off. Also who said I was part of that group? You might wanna take a step back and take a deep breath.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

I think the reason we never went back is because we were politely told to get our pieces of rocks and get off the moon. It doesn't belong to us, never has evidently......what a great article. thank you so much. What about those Annunaki? Weren't' they supposed to have a base on the moon?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

No i wasn't inferring you believed in that just was making my point towards you in general because i agreed with you

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The moon is far older than previously expected. Maybe even older than the Earth or the Sun. The oldest age for the Earth is estimated to be 4.6 billion years old; moon rocks were dated at 5.3 billion years old, and the dust upon which they were resting was at least another billion years older.

That may be because the moon gets bobarded with rocks and particles from out of space, just look at the amount of craters the moon has, there are a lot of them. This may make the moon look older than the earth because what hits the moon may be older unlike earth that has an atmosphere and a magnetic force field to repeal this the moon has no such thing and is left without protection to things that may impact her, these things are older in age traveling thru space,

On how the moon looks it's full of holes, really target practice.

edit on 2-4-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

If you would have read my post correctly mr know it all you would realise i never said it wasn't a valid idea. I just said it wasn't a fact and only a theory and the OP clearly states it as fact. So you're accusing me of things i never even stated.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

We can't even send people to the moon nowadays. If we could we'd been there several times by now dating back to the last time we went. So with that being said I doubt NASA is capable of handling a mining mission to the moon. So keep dreaming.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

No i wasn't inferring you believed in that just was making my point towards you in general because i agreed with you

my bad.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I believe you are correct with that many objects that are foreign to the moon may have traveled to the surface and therefore are not originally part of the moon good point my friend.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

lol no i mean't to say that we should send all the people who believe in the hollow earth theory lets send them on a voyage to the moon to investigate it themselves
. Then they can maybe set up their moon habitats inside the moon thats if the moon really is hollow

Because if they turn out to be wrong there is no return plan

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

reply to post by XRaDiiX

You contradict yourself.. It's possible, yet, send all the people that believe it away?

Sometimes a second line isn't necessary.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

Very interesting this Moon thread. I just wonder, has the Moon ever really orbited around the Earth, as all the classical books tell us ? I would like to see a birds eye view actual time/position plot chart compared to the Earth.
A few months ago someone here on ATS showed a solar system birds eye view showing the Moon orbiting the Earth, but im not entirely convinced.
I think that The Moon is really a planet (or something) that just zigzags /wobbles together with the Earth around the Sun rather like the tracks of an ice skater, and that the Moon has never actually orbited the Earth. If this could be proven true , then we definetely have found the 10th planet in our Solar System.
Just to also add that the possibility of the Moon locking in to having the same face towards the Earth is too much of a coincidence for my liking.
Also can anyone answer which way is the Moon drifting away from the Earth? towards space, towards the Sun or generally drifting away ? If the answer is one of the first two cases, then surely it will also be drifting nearer as well at the opposite point ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join