It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Facts You (Probably) Never Knew About the Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Since these "facts" are impossible for the average layman to verify, they are just as truthful as claiming the moon is nothing more than an optical illusion. Maybe this is why we haven't gone back, since it is kind of difficult to go back to a place that does not exist.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

Interesting information especially if it can be verified as fact.

S & F

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The reason the moon rocks are magnetized is because they were retrieved from the North and South Pole. It is easier to fake a Mars mission than a moon mission in todays tech, so the moon trips are cancelled.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by onelastprophet

BULL!!!!

The reason the moon rocks are magnetized is because they were retrieved from the North and South Pole.

Your "claim" is an insult to the many geologists, world over, who have examined the ACTUAL Lunar samples returned by the Apollo missions....FROM THE MOON!! NOT, as you laughably allege, from the Earth's Polar regions!! Gawd, how silly!!

Silly, too....as the many false and utterly unscientific, unsupportable "claims" from the source that formed this thread.

Ignorant are the original sources. Deny them, learn the real science.........

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
"That's no mall.... it's a space station!"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/114116f85df1.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Most of these aren't proven facts they are assumptions. For the matter that you stated they were "FACTS" is extremely wrong because i would love to see a lot more evidence for these supposed "FACTS". Most of your points provide no evidence for these supposed "FACTS"

The mainstream theory is that the moon was created when a mars size or smaller object/planetoid impacted with the Earth thats the most well accepted theory so far.

Its funny you left that out of how the moon could have possibly formed. Which shows you tried to skew the observation on the matter. It makes sense as well to why the moon has a perfect circular orbit because the material orbiting around the earth after the impact would have slowly coalesced into a planetary body.

Maybe the moon does have hollow areas in it but i doubt the moon is completely hollow that doesn't make any sense especially considering you said the moon is 3.4 or something the density of water and the earth is 5.5
That would mean yes the moon maybe has less dense material which would make it lighter. Or it could have material just as dense as Earth but that wouldn't make it 'hollow' it would still have a lot of material inside of it scattered about unevenly 'maybe' if it wasn't as dense but it wouldn't be a huge hollow interior that doesn't work out if you say its 3.4 the density of water compared to Earths 5.5. If it was partially hollow it wouldn't be a large amount of the interior that would be hollow.

The fact that you think the moon is a spaceship strikes me as odd because you said the material on the moon was said to be 5.5 billion years old how does that work with your little 13,000 year old "FACT" you stated.

Too many conflicting "FACTS" for many of them to be valid.

edit on 2-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Very interesting. The moon is so full of wonder...
S/F

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Wrong on number 2, the moon cannot be possibly older than the sun that created it.

After I read that I didn't read or hit links after that, this whole post is not based on fact.

As far as us not knowing what we want to from 6 moon landings goes, we don't have knowledge of half of our own earth's life forms, so you see, what you may expect is vast.

This is not a thought provoking post, just much of the same stuff that people around here get stars and flags for.

If you don't like what the world's astrophysics scientists tell you, do your own research yourself, or find another source that you think isn't taking NASA dollars out of your pocket, which is really the thrust of your post. You think NASA lies to you, but you aren't educated enough in the subjects you rant about to know the difference.

This sort of thing grinds my gears.

and the correct facts would be ???? please share,as you clearly think your confident on what are real facts..when NASA don't even know the real facts ??

and the thing that grinds my gears to a halt is ..people like you who dis-credit a thread with,its all rubbish..and then you say you didn't even read the whole thread or check out the links,as its all rubbish..but yet you go on to tell people to do their own research,and that we are not smart enough to understand the difference..kinda of ironic consindering you never read the thread or checked out the source yourself as you admitted...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Alot of people here again are dismissing things after reading someone else's post. Please don't dismiss these until you do the proper research otherwise. Certain people take certain posts as a summary of the topic at hand, so please do not flourish nonsense. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by onelastprophet

BULL!!!!

The reason the moon rocks are magnetized is because they were retrieved from the North and South Pole.

Your "claim" is an insult to the many geologists, world over, who have examined the ACTUAL Lunar samples returned by the Apollo missions....FROM THE MOON!! NOT, as you laughably allege, from the Earth's Polar regions!! Gawd, how silly!!

i was thinking the same thing..but i think you posted it better then i would.
edit on 2-4-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thanks man, great post..

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

1. Have you done enough of your research to go ahead willy nilly dismissing these assumptions, with your "FACTS"?

2 Just because you doubt something doesn't make it wrong.

3. Mainstream accepts what they can profit from more easily.

4. He specifically said the Moon may be 5.5 billion years old, but may have started orbiting Earth as little as 13,000 years ago, so no, he doesn't contridict himself, it just seems you believe after reading his post, that becasue you doubt some of his theories and because others doubt some of his theories, that must count for some kind of research.

That OP has done his research. The list is based on factual things, coupled with other people's opinions. Now you should go do some research of your own.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Can anyone scientifically explain to me why the Moon isn't an spaceship or anchor placed in the orbit around Earth? Many want proof that it is. Can I see some proof that it isn't?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

He stated them as facts not theories which dawns on me your ignorance of the situation at hand.

Also how does the mainstream profit from the theory that a large planetoid collided with the Earth. Your statements are unfounded and make no sense whatsoever.

The list is based on very few factual things its more based on frantic/fringe theories made up in someones head so they can sell a book to all the suckers every minute that believe the moon is a spaceship.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

wow, amazing info you shared! Imagine if the moon turns out to be some sort of abandoned ancient interstellar "death star"! That'll be so awesome but I'm betting my socks NASA + Government know something else about the Moon and won't share this with the public any time soon.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here you go.
Truth

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Wrong on number 2, the moon cannot be possibly older than the sun that created it.

Um... That's assuming the sun made it.

After I read that I didn't read or hit links after that, this whole post is not based on fact.

Ah, an open mind. So nice to see.

This sort of thing grinds my gears.

Heh. Yeah.
edit on 4/2/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Nice job on finding and posting this important factual information. Maybe now, more people will finally see the truth which has always been right in front of them.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

You clearly do not understand that this thread wasn't made for stating "tin-hat conspiracies". The OP has clearly done actual research into these instances, but when someone (like you) comes along and sees the term Hollow Earth, it seems to turn your whole ignorant world of candies and marshmallows into a caucaphony of scientific truth. How about you take five and do some homework.

edit on 2-4-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Quite simply, there is no proof, and that goes for the OP as well. As with most science, we roll with theories until the most substantial (or profitable, as previously stated) of which gains ground and is generally accepted by the mainstream scientists. Think of Einstein's Theory of Relativity. Many of our current breakthrough sciences are based of this theory, yet, it is a theory nonetheless. It's a matter of the most plausible theory, the thing about plausibility is it's based on perspective.

It's pointless to argue which theory is most correct, especially when it comes to evidence put forth by any government run program. I'd like to think the majority of ATS know this. It's just as likely that Earth's moon is a secret base loaded with advanced weaponry and the US government is saving it for a rainy day as it is likely that it's just a floating rock and dust particle.

The only fact is that there are no facts. Take your beliefs, take pride in them, but, don't belittle someone else's because they don't agree with yours.

(by the way lol this post isn't so much directed at the one I quoted as it is all of those claiming the op is incorrect because their beliefs say so.)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join