It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have a severe headache?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
No, I'm not blaming anything for this awful headache, nor do I know why I have it. What I do know is it is severe and Motrin and Excedrin Migraine will not touch it.

Anyone else experiencing bad headaches?

Possible causes: Reading the computer too long every day (while glued to ATS, of course!), or perhaps it is all the stress caused by wondering if their is going to be an earthquake in the next 50 mins, or 1 of the 150 or so nuclear bomb threats may be close to my family, or perhaps it's the dying animals and cleanup workers in the Gulf of Mexico... It could be the changes in our earth, or in our skies. It could be, that if this doesn't make sense, my fingers are shapeshifting...

My God there is a lot going on in our world. Any one of these could be causing my headaches. I'm just wondering if ANYONE ELSE is experiencing this type of severe headache. I hope not, cuz it sure hurts!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

I think you most likely nailed the cause in your post. There could be any variety of reasons for your headaches, but the fact that you admit to being stressed and spending too much time in front of the pc is probably the largest contributing factor.

Try taking a break, relaxing and doing some exercise. Talk a walk. Things like that will help alot towards releasing stress and helping you feel better.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
My son did. We were in the emergency room because of it. He was having a "silent migraine". Migraine without pain, but with the other symptoms amplified. It was the scariest thing I've gone through so far as a parent. Thought he had an aneurism! I was wondering the same thing though... if others have been experiencing bad headaches lately. I have. Friends have. Severe migraine types of headaches with vomiting and everything. I don't have a history of migraines and nothing in our home has changed. It's been odd and I hope it doesn't continue.

link   

If you're literally looking at your computer all day (well not all day but too long by your assumption) you should try turning down the brightness of your screen) When I was looking for a new monitor the guy in the store said most people blast the brightness and it's WAY too harsh on your eyes and harshness on your eyes for long periods of time is obviously going to lend to bad headaches....also, try having some background light on...not just looking at the screen in a non or dimly lit room. I'm in the film industry and do video editing and these tricks help alleviate my headahces

link   
It's because your avatar is so bright.
You probably have a migraine. Either try to relax and sleep it off, or get up and exercise. If it lasts well into tomorrow call your doctor. No kind of medicine really works for migraines. Don't sweat it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've been getting terrible migraines in my right eye but I'm coming to the end of a semester so I think between typing papers and ATS that is the most plausible explanation. I am surprised I haven't microwaved it totally.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Will definitely try dimming the lights because, yes, my monitor is FULL BLAST... just like my Avatar.
I also feel nautious, but haven't actually gotten sick. Two of my boys were complaining today as well of just not feeling good (not a headache.). Hopefully, it's nothing, but how do we spot a pattern if we don't share.

Good night all! Gonna try to sleep this puppy off.

Prayers to Japan and a little boy named Parker.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I have had some crazy headaches over the past few days but I think it is because I have stopped drinking coffee and that caffeine has a punch.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I know a cure and this is not a smart a**ed answer or anything like that. I am honestly trying to help. Sex. I know, I know, you're thinking perv or idiot. Sorry, neither. My wife suffered from migraines for years and tried so many over the counter drugs I started to worry about liver or kidney damage. It let's the body de-stress, relaxes you and releases endorphins, which is your bodies "homemade morphine" And it's fun.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Dude, I didn't want to say anything but since you went there... it's not just sex but masturbation will work too.

Sunday, I had a bad migraine and was throwing up so I couldn't take any medication to stop the pain. I... *cough* you know and within 5 - 10 minutes the pain eased enough that I fell asleep.

Who'dathunkit?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Just wanted to check back in and say that my headaches continue. While I do get a break at times, they are almost constant. Going to break down and go see the family doctor for a physical.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I suffer from chronic migraine and cluster headaches combined. I've suffered this since I was about 10 years old. I'm 24 as of this writing. I have taken almost every painkiller there was to offer, had reiki sessions, psychic healing, acupressure, acupuncture.. the works. Nothing works at all. I currently take 200mg Tramadol for a combination of chronic leg pain and arthritis as well as lower spinal damage. This happened in 2006 while I was in college for a welding degree in an unfortunate accident that caused a ton of steel plates and the bin to smash my lower body. I'm lucky enough i can walk with a cane or a staff. I take the pills, and in about 20 minutes i feel nothing and start tripping balls.

see if your doc can't get you some tramadol. 100mg's (the highest they give out is in 50mg pills) is enough to knock most anybody out, but i have an extreme tolerance for nerve numbing agents for some reason.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

No, but I should be getting one soon. Every few months for about a week I get a nasty migraine that just won't go away.

Everything can give me headaches though, smells, sitting a certain way, I also have TMJ so I can't stand the cold weather.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Avyuir because: (no reason given)

top topics

join