It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology To Fuse Humans and Robots! "Blood Simple Circuitry For Cyborgs! (not fiction but fac

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Stunning opening:

Could electronic components made from human blood be the key to creating cyborg interfaces? Circuitry that links human tissues and nerve cells directly to an electronic device, such as a robotic limb or artificial eye might one day be possible thanks to the development of biological components.

While I certainly see the medical advantages of the technology, I find it very disconcerting knowing this power could easily fall into the wrong hands.

Take a look at this:

the next step was to test that the same behavior would be observed in a device through which blood is flowing. This step was also successful. The next stage will be to develop a micro-channel version of the flow memristor device and to integrate several to carry out particular logic functions.

Phys. Org

If you have seen "Battlestar Galactica" then you realize they are talking about turning us into "Cylons"
!
Seriously though, what would be the purpose in joining Robots and Humans?

ATS, what are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Pax
edit on 30-3-2011 by paxnatus because: changed title

edit on 30-3-2011 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 30/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Stunning opening:

Could electronic components made from human blood be the key to creating cyborg interfaces? Circuitry that links human tissues and nerve cells directly to an electronic device, such as a robotic limb or artificial eye might one day be possible thanks to the development of biological components.

While I certainly see the medical advantages of the technology, I find it very disconcerting knowing this power could easily fall into the wrong hands.

ATS, what are your thoughts?

Agreed. And this kind of power always falls into the wrong hands
It creeps me out!

Also...do you have link to the full story?
edit on 30-3-2011 by Maymunah because: question

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maymunah

I feel the exact same way! Perhaps, this is what we are all being groomed for! NO THANKS!! I'll keep my cyanide handy!

My bad, edited for link.

Pax

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
#ing Archons

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i am quite sure the purpose of this is medical.

cyborg technology would be great for helping the handicapped, terminally ill, and dying. cyborg technology would also give us a better understanding of the human body and how it works and lets not neglect the added life span.

cyborg tech would also be great for those needing organ transplants or new limbs.

i wouldnt be scared of this at all. i say we embrace this idea because its not like no one saw this coming. stop being afraid of what hollywood created and use common sense.

battlestar galactica is a terrible example btw on cybernetics...

Ghost in The Shell is an almost perfect example of how cyborgs and cyborg technology could be used.
edit on 30-3-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Technology like this is amazing and frightening at the same time. I can't imagine what would happen if this fell in the wrong hands, but in the right hands it could be a game changer. Just think about all of the people in this world that go through their lives unable to see, or hear that can live a normal life, because of this technology. Prosthetic limbs have been around for sometime, but a technology like this, that flows effortlessly, can be of great value to many people.

On a alternative note, it may help us if we are visited by hostiles, especially those of another world

I can see it now, Mr. Advanced Alien thinks he has the upper hand until he meets my hammer fist of steel.

edit on 3/30/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: posted link

edit on 3/30/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

link   
its called Trans-humanism. its a big luciferian/illuminati thing. its all the rage now. soon all the cool kids will be trans.

link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Knowledge has been increasing at an exponential rate. At some point all the knowledge in the universe will be doubling moment by moment and the amount of total knowledge held by humans will be infinite. Think about 100 years ago travelling by horse for a day to a library. 25 years ago, having a library in your school with the Dewey Decimal system. 10 years ago, having the internet, but having limited ability to access and limited documents on line. Compare to today with almost instant access to almost everything, at your fingertips via smartphones!

Now imagine 10 years from now, with that access embedded biologically into your system. Quiz shows will be a thing of the past, because we will all know everything in milliseconds! Everyone with money and access will potentially be all-knowledgeable!

It is called The Singularity and the impacts are entirely unpredictable, even by Sci-Fi writers, and it is coming in our lifetimes!

The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology is a 2005 update of Raymond Kurzweil's 1999 book, The Age of Spiritual Machines and his 1990 book The Age of Intelligent Machines. In it, as in the two previous versions, Kurzweil attempts to give a glimpse of what awaits us in the near future. He discusses the coming technological singularity, and how we will be able to augment our bodies and minds with technology. He describes the singularity as resulting from a combination of three important technologies of the 21st century: genetics, nanotechnology, and robotics (including artificial intelligence).

Four central postulates of the book are as follows:

A technological-evolutionary point known as "the singularity" exists as an achievable goal for humanity.
Through a law of accelerating returns, technology is progressing toward the singularity at an exponential rate.
The functionality of the human brain is quantifiable in terms of technology that we can build in the near future.
Medical advancements make it possible for a significant number of his generation (Baby Boomers) to live long enough for the exponential growth of technology to intersect and surpass the processing of the human brain.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
its called Trans-humanism. its a big luciferian/illuminati thing. its all the rage now. soon all the cool kids will be trans.

well if satan promotes longer life spans, help for the handicapped and so on, then im down with it.

i would love to put my brain in a robot body.

and all the cool kids can be trans all they want...

cybernetics is just another part of our evolution. the filler episode between now and when we are star trek people

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

If it's being mentioned in mainstream science, it's already been done hundred of times over by the military industrial complex. There's a reason they show you those kind of things on TV...

Technology is a fascinating path, but ultimately leads to very dismal places.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome

hahahaha!!! Nobody will be safe

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Now all the Henry Kissingers and Zbigniew Brzezinskis and Rockefellers and Rothschilds of the world will live FOREVER!! O happy days are surely ahead of us!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Its all good if strictly aimed at achieving scientific goals and perhaps use it in the medical industry and peaceful purposes. But as you indicated that if it falls in the wrong hands, it can be exploited.

Then again, this has been the case since the dawn where the use of stone or club was discovered and eventually used/exploited to kill humans and animals alike.

No matter what we think or how we feel, the people who wish to acquire such technologies by hook or crook will do it at any cost. Best defense sometimes is no publicity

Here is the university in Gujarat State of India.
University
edit on 30-3-2011 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Are you willing to bet your life that this is intended for medical purposes only? Please do not be so naive! As a nurse I see the magnificent benefits but I also see the fatalistic possibilities. We look human on the outside and are robotic from within. We know longer have a conscious and have lost our will to choose for ourselves, Basically we have lost our humanity.

You may be willing to sell your soul to the devil, but I for one am not! For the record, before you come at me with "If you were disabled or had a loved one that was, you would sell your soul too" The fact is I have a disabled son and he nor anyone who cares for him would wish this fate upon him.

Thanks for your input,
Pax

P.S. Battlestar was an excellent example!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I sincerely hope that someday in my lifetime the human body can be vastly improved through technology. No sickness, no disease, no pain or tiredness? Yes please.
Super-senses? Super-computer brain? **** yes.

If it was a possibility, I'd consider transferring my mind into a fully robotic body.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hey, it's like Robocop, only better. You ever notice how he booted up with DOS?

Heh. Good times....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
When combined with the ongoing experiments in Mind Control like MK Ultra, Monarch and the others it is not looking good for us mere mortals. Combined with the continuing rapid development of computers it is only a matter of time until some demented megalomaniacs tries and turn the population into a mob of unquestioning slaves. When this technology is finally finished it will be in the wrongs hands while so many of the corrupt influences behind war and the economy still remain in power. While some of the current wars going on is a battle for the minds, the next stage will be a battle for the will.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thank you all for your comments. Is their anyone here whom could help me better understand the technology behind this? In other words exactly how would this work? I am not wanting examples for medicinal purposes, but rather the more sinister side. Not trying to be dismal, just checking out the angles.

Thank you for your response,

Pax

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I don't know about this particular blood technology, but I know that even here at FSU, we have ongoing research in self-assembling nanobots. That could be eventually used to repair a wound, replace an organ, or search and destroy a virus or a poison.

FSU also has research that is probably completed by now, that uses nanotechnology to create lattice framework, and then cell regeneration (similar to stemcell) to regrow tissue on that lattice. It was primarily for heart valves, or holes in heart walls, but eventually it could lead to artificial kidneys or livers or spinal cord repairs.

I think the most interesting thing would be a way to link an electronic eye lense implant, a hearing canal implant, and a bioprocessor. You could see, hear, and access all the knowledge of the internet right inside your own head. For now it would be voice activated, but what if they can interface it with brainwaves? You could literally be tied into the matrix of the internet in your own mind at all times! It isn't much of a stretch at this current time. There is already research for soldiers helmets to read brainwaves, there is already eye lens replacement surgery, there are already miniature screens that would fit on a contact. The pieces are already available, it just needs a collective approach and a processor that could run on bioelectric and/or kinetic energy. It won't be long now!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Amazing find!
S&F

top topics

<<   2 >>

join