It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"NO!!! the Mods aint gonna take it,NO they aint gonna take it,they aint gonna take it...Anymore!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
So I dont know if youre readinG then youre probably wondering right...I just think it messed up that the MODS are cracking down on some side chatter in posts alot more lately...like even if your post is still in the same range as the OP but got a little something else going on too then they slap that big off topic post crap all over it...like really? gonna make us rely on using that U2U messaging? okay whatever...i guess if it were instant ok great but its not..as you already know...we have to go to a seperate page to type another message,send it maybe wait for reply or go back to where you were then the big green box shows up then you gotta go back away from the page again to get the message....come on really???!!! why cant it be if there isnt fighting or "cyber bullying" or swearing then why cant it stay with the others??? why discriminate??? Seems like ATS likes having total control like some other organizations/governments...trying to keep the little man down!!!

i have added this part for people who read the posts below to try to see that everything doesnt have to be SO SERIOUS all the time,,,seriousness does have its place but everyone should be able to have some fun with alot of the topics on this site...because if you think about it how many things that are discussed in some of these foroms are actually factual, not made up, without evidence or hearsay topics...once again i apologie to whoever decides to dislike me for this post...your loss i guess
edit on 30-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Probably because if the topic is of interest to others, they don't want to wade through a whole plethora of off topic banter, when there is ATS Live Chat for that, U2U as you mentioned, and even the Off Topic general Chit Chat area.

I know what you mean, sometimes it's not intended as off topic and is in reply to someone, but well...

Can't really blame them..

Plus it makes the Rant section a funny book to peruse

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If what you are saying is true.. Then any minute now..

Thread closed...

Or

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Dude, they've always been heavy on the off-topic posts. But honestly, I've had maybe 2 or 3 off topic posts in my entire time on ATS (several years). I've had other accounts. I actually think it's a bit more lenient these days. I don't really know though, because I don't often go off topic. It's easy to do. You should try it.

EDIT: I must admit I had one today though. lol

edit on 30-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

looking forward to it,,,theyll prove my point to at least me i guess but if not i just felt like typin something and this is what was on my mind at the time

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

its like wow... were talking about aliens and HAARP and its like "NOW LETS BE SERIOUS KIDDOS"...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by gdaub23

I actually think it's a bit more lenient these days.

I agree, I think they might be overwhelmed by all the 2011 members like the OP who say they'll agree to T&C when they sign up but then complain about it later.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I think they might be overwhelmed by all the 2011 members
Yeah, well I think one should at least wait until they've been here for a year before they start telling people how to run the show, it always seems to be new members making a fuss over small things. If I lose an off-topic post why should I care, it was most likely a worthless one liner.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

seriosly whats the year have to do with anything? i love hearing that...how many people on this site actually follow the T&C? not many that i see...like i said in previos post we talk about HAARP and ALIENS and everything has gotta be soooo serious...and the way everyone talks on here we wont be around in a year drom now...so why wait?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Since this thread is about off topic posts, are off topic posts right on topic?
edit on 30-3-2011 by deepred because: juscuz

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Who do you think will win American Idol this year?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Has anyone seen my car keys?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

paul...hes my hero...
2nd

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Did you actually read the automated U2U about off-topic posts?

This is an automatic U2U message following the warning applied from a member of our staff, Gemwolf, regarding your off-topic post here:,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(Your post has been removed.)

We seek to promote discussion and debate in way that pushes the discussion in a positive way. Your post was so far off-topic, after our staff has announced that discussion must remain on-topic, that we had no choice but to remove it.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.
The staff and members of AboveTopSecret.com, BelowTopSecret.com, and AbovePolitics.com

(Reply to this U2U for more information from Gemwolf.)

And then you agreed to the terms and conditions when you joined...

15f.) Relevant Content: You will not Post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums or disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").

If you don't like the fact that your off topic posts are removed, then perhaps you shouldn't have agreed to the terms and conditions?

As it was explained earlier in this thread - people who want to read/discuss the topic of the JFK assassination don't want to wade through 4/5 pages of bickering about the moon landing or someone's avatar (for example).

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

you should get one of those beeper chimy thingys with a light so you wont lose them

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
My dog gets gassy, when I call her sassy!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

...like i said in previos post we talk about HAARP and ALIENS and everything has gotta be soooo serious...
lol...you have some what of a point there...except I always try to merge humor into what I'm saying, it's still easy to stay on topic. A lot of the time I want to be serious anyway, because people wont take your post seriously otherwise. We aren't here to have fun and play games. This site is really about the opposite of that, doing hard research and truth seeking in an attempt to "deny ignorance" (yes I hate hearing this said a billion times too). A lot of people don't even post here, they simply browse ATS for info. If you want to have off-topic conversations there are many methods available, as stated. There casual joke here and there obviously doesn't hurt. You can even mix in some off-topic commentary, just make sure to "make your post count". Haha...I will shut up now, because I don't particularly like quoting ATS or stating how things work around here, it's not my place, I'm just trying to make you see things differently. This isn't Facebook is basically the point I'm trying to convey.

reply to post by deepred

Since this thread is about of topic posts, are off topic posts right on topic?
haha, I was wondering that. I think this is in an off-topic forum anyway, does that make a difference?

edit on 30-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by deepred

you should get one of those beeper chimy thingys with a light so you wont lose them

I have one of those!........have you seen it?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by deepred

paul...hes my hero...
2nd

Ringo 100%.......just kidding Paul all the way.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

theres always a time to stay on topic like in your example but other things that shouldnt be taken as serious then it should be passed over if its not a life or death post....people really need to lighten up...didnt you hear HAARP is going to destroy earth along with that little dwarf in the skys help...we should all start getting along and loosen up the cheeks a little and have some fun

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join