It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"NO!!! the Mods aint gonna take it,NO they aint gonna take it,they aint gonna take it...Anymore!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

no...was the light on?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

no offense...to me it kinda does resemble facebook..at least some parts...but it wont ever advertise to being anything like it though,,,but im gonna call it the cool,more serios facebook

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Uumm. Is this off-topic? maybe....maybe not....I don't know, but closer to topic than American Idol Beatles Night.

Originally posted by gdaub23
,send it maybe wait for reply or go back to where you were then the big green box shows up then you gotta go back away from the page again to get the message.

Do you still see that green box when you receive a new message?
I haven't seen it for a week or so, and I wasn't sure if it is gone for everyone, or just gone for me & my computer.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It is easy to think of the mods as backseat drivers, when in reality they are more of a navigator, keeping things on course.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

yeah i seen something about shutting it off but screw it...alot people think that everything thats ever posted has got to be serios and im just trying to see if i can prove my point to myself is all

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

sounds like BUSH..."STAY THE COURSE"...why not let things run its own course?
edit on 30-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
MODS = stasi

edit on 30/3/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

no offense...to me it kinda does resemble facebook..at least some parts..
Me being offended by your opinion of ATS, good one. It does resemble Facebook visually, but this design is also very new (it was actually implemented around the same time as the "merger" with Facebook). I just really don't think off-topic posts being removed are a problem.

Back to the design, I actually think I liked the old one more. I also think there are still some old parts of the website which haven't been updated yet.

edit on 30-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

reply to post by deepred

sounds like BUSH..."STAY THE COURSE"...why not let things run its own course?

Because a lot of important topic threads would end up like this train wreck.....I will agree that some of the funnest threads have been just a rambling assortment of very loosly connected thoughts moving at hyper speed toward 404 land.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

its like you can only see so many serious HAARP discussions before you gotta let loose

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

I will agree that some of the funnest threads have been just a rambling assortment of very loosly connected thoughts moving at hyper speed toward 404 land.
I would have to agree with that actually...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

reply to post by deepred

its like you can only see so many serious HAARP discussions before you gotta let loose

I hear ya.......I was once berated by an ATS member and told I was "wearing a clown costume to a funeral" for trying to lighten the mood.
edit on 30-3-2011 by deepred because: finish thought

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

so have fun more often...screw it,,,as long as the op isnt meant to ne taking seriosly or if tried and not succesful on reaching that gaol then just go for it

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

yeah i seen something about shutting it off but screw it...alot people think that everything thats ever posted has got to be serios and im just trying to see if i can prove my point to myself is all

lol. No, I wasn't saying that as a suggestion to you to shut off the green box.
It was just an honest question of me trying to find out if it is still there, or if the 'green box' feature had been removed, because I no longer see it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

i think im losing my mind!!! i have insomnia and have been on this site all night...i either need to give it a break or stop writing until i get some sleep...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Most of your OP seems to point to you just being too lazy to switch between pages to use the U2U function.

2 words:
tabbed browsing.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

i admit i am very lazy...just so many different things to do other than being just on the computer and changing the tv back from SpongeBob to AC360 or Dual Saw infomercial and smoking a cigarette and scratching da nuts that with everything combined it would just be nice to have it a little less stressful...and God do I miss Billy Mays...infomercials just arent the same now..

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I've had a few off-topic posts removed, and I applaud the Mods for removing them. The idea here is to talk about specific subjects and present information about them. Side-tracking ruins that.

Go mods go?

edit on 30-3-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I find the off-topic jokes inbetween the serious posts amusing and not that distracting at all. Don't see what the problem is...comic relief is always good
edit on 30-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

You obviously don't get it.

Off topic posts take away from the actual topic. It's a pain in the butt to have to go through pages of BS posts to get to the information. That is why they are removed and you get slapped with the "off topic post" bar. It's nothing new, it's always been this way on ATS and they aren't cracking down more, there are just more members it seems as of late who just want to chit chat in threads instead of discuss the topic at hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join