It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"NO!!! the Mods aint gonna take it,NO they aint gonna take it,they aint gonna take it...Anymore!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I've read entire threads before simply because of the banter between a few people. I think off topic remarks have their place. In fact, I really hate when a post that has a bunch of stars has been removed. It makes me ultra curious about what they wrote!

Ya know, I'm actually surprised that only one of those bottom feeders (mods...with a little "m") has shown up here spouting, "The T&C .....yadda yadda yadda....that's what you agreed to.....blah blah blah." Yeah Yeah....we've heard it all before.

Face it, some people really get off on having a little bit of authority. Ya know, like how certain Mods swoop into a discussion and lay down their "superior" opinion and act like it holds more weight because they have a little title above their name. They're the type that star their own posts.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
oh..seems like the youth of ATS meet up in one topic here

i try it in your language...cry more!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

not crying,not even trying to be serious...read all the posts and you will see what i am saying...its just that i feel that the subjest of a thread is made up conspiracy or something that is really not meant to be taken seriosly in the first place then why not be able to have some fun while posting? it gets to be sometimes some what boring when posters are only being serious about a subject like HAARP....its like come on lets liven it up a little...make it more interesting for people that dont take it as serios as some a reason to stay and add info

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You've been here what? Three weeks now? And you don't like how the site is run? I don't really think ATS or the Mods need to consult you for your opinion here. Perhaps you should take some time to read the T&C just to get an idea of what is expected here. Staying on topic is not that hard. Basically the site is not going to conform to you; you are going to conform to the site. If you don't like the terms, then very likely you'll drift away without putting much energy into being here. That's just kind of how it works.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

maybe if you read more of the postl on this thread then you will see that its not even meant to be serious and people are proving my point about how people always have to be soo damn serious...this thread isnt inteaded to be so why not loosen up a little...i hate people saying oh you have only been here 3 weeks...i bet alot of people on here went through the new guy thing and i bet you were one of them...when you were trying to make a point when you was a newbie did you like people always criticizing this point? probably not...so stop being so serious

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
...Ya know, I'm actually surprised that only one of those bottom feeders (mods...with a little "m") has shown up here ...

Your insight astounds me... And even though you went through the effort of "foe-ing" each and every staff member, you know we love ya... And we know you won't be able to live without us.

Originally posted by gdaub23
...stop being so serious...

There are many forums and venues for fun and mucking about. The ATS main board isn't one of those places. However, nothing stops you from injecting some humour into your posts. You don't need to go off topic to be "less serious"... Many members have perfected the art of being hilarious without going off topic. Look for them. Learn from them.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Tzpff...yes, because that is a vital skill to have in life: How to write funny, yet on topic ATS threads...

Marking that day on my calendar right now...will put it on the same day I'll learn how to dance to techno and catch Leprechauns, so it'll fit right in
edit on 31-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I think this bears repeating:

Face it, some people really get off on having a little bit of authority. Ya know, like how certain Mods swoop into a discussion and lay down their "superior" opinion and act like it holds more weight because they have a little title above their name. They're the type that star their own posts.

I am a man of prinicple Gemwolf. All mods and admin are my foe because I am an anarchist.

The admin has setup a system that divides the members of this board. Certain members are 'elevated' to positions of power.....mods.

Power will always be abused and it is up to me, and people like me, to bring balance.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This post is off topic!

I know what you mean gdaub23. But most of the time posts are removed Either because they are offensive and off topic or because no one one wants to sit there and read through hateful or nonsense posts to get their answers about a topic. And yes our posts have been removed plenty of times. The whole point of an off topic post removal is because it is "off topic"

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

i understand this but wheres the fun?????????

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

You wanna see fun? Go read some of the posts in the rant section or forums like that. And If you really wanna laugh go to the jokes forum. It's easy to be funny and stay on topic. Even though I make threads about random stuff I sure as hell won't make a thread about off topic post removals. Sorry had to say it!

Anyways... Loosen up and have some fun... That's why we are all here anyways. Well having fun and denying ignorance while searching for answers is really why were here

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Are you kidding me? I cant see you bringing balance to anything especially with the way your avatar looks. The balancing you can do is standing up and trying not to fall over. Your friends with all the mods because you are sucking up.

However, this is a perfect example of an "off topic post" so mods if you could please leave this post so the new members can see what an off topic post really is!

edit on 31-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

i dont think you had to ask the mods to keep it....it was up for 2 days before your first post,,,i think if they wanted to they would have

<< 1  2   >>

join