It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ALERT***3-5 Years before Japan Thinks They Can Cool Down The Rods

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harrisboy42
With such high risk associated with nuclear technology, why were nuclear power plants such as Fukishima allowed to be built if there wasn't the necessary equipment and procedures in place to remedy disasters such as this? There should have been some sort of requirement that disasters can be effectively and efficiently resolved before they are put in action. The same to go with the Oil spill really, why were they allowed to dig in the first place if they didn't have the means to fix it?

Because you're just now asking that question ! THINK.

Is there a panic button that needs to be pushed or what?
edit on 3-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I know Japan is trying their best to get this under control, but they are obviously failing and need more help. This radiation leakage affects the entire planet. I think the U.S. should put Libya, Afghanistan, etc on hold and send all available resources to help them deal with this problem. I don't care if we have to encase the reactors in lead, we need it stopped NOW. We can't just sit by and watch the entire planet be poisoned while we just sit and wait for the next worsening status update.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
I know Japan is trying their best to get this under control, but they are obviously failing and need more help. This radiation leakage affects the entire planet. I think the U.S. should put Libya, Afghanistan, etc on hold and send all available resources to help them deal with this problem. I don't care if we have to encase the reactors in lead, we need it stopped NOW. We can't just sit by and watch the entire planet be poisoned while we just sit and wait for the next worsening status update.

Ok you're right! So why isn't that happening? Did it really take an Einstien avatar to come up with that? Think.

We're being whacked !

as we speak.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Isn't anyone gonna argue with me ?

Cann't somebody tell me to shut up and quit acting like a litrtle girl ?

This is just a theory I have here. It's not set in stone is it?

Anybody?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I 've never heard a more defining silence then the last 21 minutes..

It seems the only thing to prepare for is to meet your maker. I'm done here. Travel well people.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Since you are so desperate to argue that you resort to insulting avatars I assume they are choosing to not feed the troll

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Since you are so desperate to argue that you resort to insulting avatars I assume they are choosing to not feed the troll

Why do you want to exagerate the reference to your avatar? Explain the insult. I was merley pointing out THE FACT that your thought isn't rocket science. So why isn't that being done? Your attempt to cloud the issue is making you look like the troll. Please explain how I insulted you or your avatar? Or just drop it and I forgive you.

Oh I see the old poke and run.

Damn kids grow up!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good thing the sh1t wont be falling on my head anytime soon on the souther hemisphere, id be moving out for as long as the Fukushima plant is boiling to some place south if i lived up there, but thats just me better to be safe than to be sorry i guess. I suggest you lot up there get moving or start telling your govenments to haul ass cause this aint getting better anytime soon even more so if the US government doesnt interveen so get moving folks

edit on 3-4-2011 by SL55T0T0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

you say were being whacked rite? as in depopulation yes? so what of the powers that be
that i presume you think is behind this "plan" ?
What is going to save them? Do you really think they are gonna sit this one out in some
underground bunker or live off potassium iodine till it's over ?

This does not make any sense. please enlighten me on how TPTB plan on surviving this too.
I do see your point and depopulation is really what TPTB want but i don't think this is to do with there plan.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Why do you want to exagerate the reference to your avatar? Explain the insult. I was merley pointing out THE FACT that your thought isn't rocket science. So why isn't that being done? Your attempt to cloud the issue is making you look like the troll. Please explain how I insulted you or your avatar? Or just drop it and I forgive you.

Oh I see the old poke and run.

Damn kids grow up!

LOL wow you are really itching to argue huh? Sorry I'm not playing, I have no time to exchange diatribes with an Aspergers troll. Next you will ask me to explain that in a further attempt to draw me out. And you will also pretend that your goal is not to argue, even though you sit sweating with clenched teeth hitting refresh over and over until you finally edit your own post to declare further exasperation at not being further engaged and then drop a last personal insult. Yes you will deny that you do this even though you have done it at least 3 times in this very thread. This is my last reply, enjoy the silence

P.S. Thanks for adding me to your Rivals list, not sure what I did to deserve it, but whatevs

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by LOLZebra

Well what SHOULD they do then?
They could always try the old "junk shot" approach. Never fails.

LOL I chuckled when I first read this, and damn if it isn't true!
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Japanese workers battling to stop a radioactive water leak into the Pacific from the beleaguered nuclear power plant have resorted to using newspaper and sawdust to try and block the pipes.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

I'm sure that exposing large areas of their small country and eventually making portions of it unliveable for years to come is their payback for the events of entirely different times and generations..

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

LOL wow you are really itching to argue huh? Sorry I'm not playing, I have no time to exchange diatribes with an Aspergers troll. Next you will ask me to explain that in a further attempt to draw me out. And you will also pretend that your goal is not to argue, even though you sit sweating with clenched teeth hitting refresh over and over until you finally edit your own post to declare further exasperation at not being further engaged and then drop a last personal insult. Yes you will deny that you do this even though you have done it at least 3 times in this very thread. This is my last reply, enjoy the silence

What a pathetic person you're making yourself out to be. The only thing you're right about is that I'm trying not to argue. You think it's all about you. Any way I won't include you in anything I say from now on. Go back to lol and playing twister now.

Oh my gosh what are you talking about rivals list? I don't have anyone on there. You're twisted. Now that's funny.
Rivals list.

Stealthy

I thought that I mentioned that they may have a way to clean up radiation ? Sorry about that. I might have been
a little hysterical the other day. But ya all there has to be is a way to clean up radiation. Something that would be most helpful in pop reduction. I did say think however.

edit on 5-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)
:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bronco51082
It's not whether or not the Japanese want help. Their refusal for very reasonable help (i.e. French donation of radiation-protection suits, American offers to drop supplies by air, Korean offers of chemical neutralizers) is the very reason their own people are starving and dying in the radiation zone and this situation is getting worse.

Japanese Leader Shunned for Western-Style Crisis Management

Shunned!
edit on 5-4-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

cheers for clearing that part up.
i was not calling you out there m8, just wanted more info if you had it.
I have read the stuxnet theory and it is quite disturbing to think it could be man made.
And depopulation is just what TPTB want anyone who thinks any different is mistaken imo.

But it just seems an awful way to die. but then as opposed to what else?
scary thought.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
My very, very far to simple view:

We must die anyway, why not now? And why not all together. This #ing Mankind Experiment failed, GET IT!
edit on 6-4-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Blazer

What a pathetic person you're making yourself out to be. The only thing you're right about is that I'm trying not to argue. You think it's all about you. Any way I won't include you in anything I say from now on. Go back to lol and playing twister now.

Oh my gosh what are you talking about rivals list? I don't have anyone on there. You're twisted. Now that's funny.
Rivals list.

Stealthy

I thought that I mentioned that they may have a way to clean up radiation ? Sorry about that. I might have been
a little hysterical the other day. But ya all there has to be is a way to clean up radiation. Something that would be most helpful in pop reduction. I did say think however.

:

Yes, there is a way to clean up radiation, but only GOD Can Do That. & it will likely happen SOON (what else!?).
I'm sure HE IS TIRED of this mess man has created on this planet.
too many chiefs & not enough indians? time for reorg....
New Heaven/New Earth.. it's all written...
Looks like man sort of radiated themselves out of this planet..I think ya have it summarized well...
dead dead dead. (just pray for eternal life/ we are spirit beings anyways, Light.. Energy.. think BIG/
I'm actually looking forward to what is to come (soon).. awaiting THE MAKER...

edit on 6-4-2011 by 0731JLVR because: edit

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I figured I'd repost this, as some seemed to have missed it. To add to the information, I understand that Japan can not be entombed in the same manner as Chernobyl because of it's Seismic location and sea level and if it could be entombed, it would require much more forethought to take these factors into account.

Originally posted by SalemsLot
To all who wonder why they don't just bury the thing, I was wondering the same thing until I did some research.

Fact is, they can't bury it, this is not the same as Chernobyl.

Pouring concrete on a critical reactor makes no sense – it will simply explode and release more radioactive particulate matter. The concrete will melt and the problem will get worse. Chernobyl was different – a critical reactor exploded and stopped the reaction. At Fukushima, the reactor cores are still melting down. The ONLY way to stop that is to detonate a ~10 kiloton fission device inside each reactor containment vessel and hope to vaporize the cores. That’s probably a bad solution.

A nuclear meltdown is a self-sustaining reaction. Nothing can stop it except stopping the reaction. And that would require a nuclear weapon. In fact, it would require one in each containment vessel to merely stop what is going on now. But it will be messy

hawaiinewsdaily.com...

Doesn't look like there is any easy way to stop this

edit on Wed Mar 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Also, in regard to the OP. Do they intend to continue cooling this with sea water and fresh water for3+years? They just dumped 250,000 Tons (not sure on that figure) of radioactive water into the Pacific because they had "other, MORE radioactive water" to contain and no place to store it. So, do you think they intend to continue pouring water on it and dumping it off to sea, or do they have a new plan going forward? I don't have any better ideas to help them solve this problem, I think it would be a good idea to get rid of this technology altogether. NOW. Before we all turn into monstrous mutants.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 0731JLVR

what day is it you think god will clean this mess up, I want to be able to laugh when it doesn't happen and you're still waiting for your maker

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join