It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ALERT***3-5 Years before Japan Thinks They Can Cool Down The Rods

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
In an admission of how long the cooling process may take, Hidehiko Nishiyama, deputy director general of the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, Japan’s nuclear regulator, said late Tuesday: “We will have to continue cooling for quite a long period. We should be thinking years.”

Kuni Yogo, a former atomic energy policy planner in the Japan Science and Technology Agency, said: “There is some trial and error, but this is the beginning of a three- to five-year effort.”

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 29-3-2011 by Bronco51082 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
3 - 5 years of cooling thats evidence they dont care about human lives or the environment. It should be scraped and entombed nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 29-3-2011 by shroudnews77 because: spelling error so sorry

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

I agree nees tp be entombed ASAP !!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hey, it's alright, folks. Just sit back, watch and learn:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sandbags? Are they really using sandbags to hold back plutonium laced water?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bronco51082

We should be thinking years.
For what? What is the point? Their plan is to wait until all the radioactive material naturally decays? And in the mean time they think they can continue to spray some freaking water on it? ARE THEY ON CRACK?

God damn it...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Where is Obama? Nato? The UN? The EU? IAEA? When is the global community going to get its wake-up call that they MUST step in and do more than they have? What are they waiting for?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

You took the words right out of my mouth WTF

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Remember one year ago? Very similar situation with the oil spill in the Gulf. Two very controversial energy sources in the worst disasters in history.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
do they actually think there will BE any reactors left in 3 - 5 years? lol i mean they don't seem to be doing a bang up job at cooling them now so do they think the reactors are going to just slow down and not melt out of good fortune?

if this is true and theres not something, anything being lost in translation this is just mind boggling to me on a whole different level of cluelessness.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So they don't care, are on crack, or are just plain idiots.

Well what SHOULD they do then?

Ideas? Thoughts?

Get a makeshift water pump going in there to keep the cooling process going? I wonder how hard it would be to get the radioactive material out and in some 'safe' storage container... I don't know enough about nuclear plants in general though so I can't really think of many ideas.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
also, i know its probably much more complicated than it seems (or maybe it isnt) but can they not just construct another containment vessel around the broken ones while they're trying to cool all of this seeing as they're so fixed on that being the only solution?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Oh my god? How can it be this hard? What are they doing? Besides treating those workers like crap.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

Well what SHOULD they do then?
They could always try the old "junk shot" approach. Never fails.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra
[more

It's not whether or not the Japanese want help. Their refusal for very reasonable help (i.e. French donation of radiation-protection suits, American offers to drop supplies by air, Korean offers of chemical neutralizers) is the very reason their own people are starving and dying in the radiation zone and this situation is getting worse.

It has stopped being a Japanese issue. The radiation might leak into the Pacific Ocean and damage the entire milieu. When the wind changes course, radiation might also spread to both Koreas, China and Russian. I doubt these countries are going to be happy with that.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bronco51082

I would think that they would blow up before they cooled at that rate.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
They are completely under prepared and ill equipped to handle this

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It's time for the entire world to step in and give the Gov of Japan a good kick in the you know what. Even the Russians are not that ignorant when it come to Nuclear disaster.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
obviously when you build a nuclear reactor on a major earthquake fault line, you do not have any plans whatsoever in the event of a meltdown due to damage from an earthquake. the smartest minds came up with the tech, how to build them, and how to run them, but not one of them had the intelligence to even come up with an effective procedure to tackle a meltdown event.

if 3-5 years is true i can see that this will cover the whole northern hemisphere, then slowly start to condence into more and more lethal levels as time goes by.

yet no effective plan. to limit the damage or put a stop to it.

sorry i cannot believe the great minds of today cannot think up something that would work, it seems to me to be more and more a case of depopulation with every story i hear.

if it is not then it is a the very least exposure of the fact that humans are dumb to build stuff all over the planet they have no idea how to control when it goes wrong!
edit on 30-3-2011 by lifeform11 because: errors

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I don't think any nation or corporation is prepared this disaster..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join