It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ALERT***3-5 Years before Japan Thinks They Can Cool Down The Rods

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
But I mean come on at this point SANDBAGS??

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If this reactor gets covered up during a full meldown it will eventually melt through earths crust. When it hits the water table a huge explosion will ensue sending radioactive particles all the way the stratusphere. Meaning all life on earth will be effected. The only way to put this sucker out is to blow it sky high and disperse the fuel over several hundered miles and not the hole planet.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
They need to be nuked and vaporized, all bloody 6 of them, evacuate as much as needed and blow them all. Has to be done to save the world. At what point will the rest of the world say enough is enough and take matters into there own hands???

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
that is the only option?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I smell war, when all this starts affecting the rest of the world like russia or china, and japan refused aid when they obviously need it. War.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bronco51082

Whats with the ***ALERT*** in all your threads....
I hate it

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodcausailor
If this reactor gets covered up during a full meldown it will eventually melt through earths crust. When it hits the water table a huge explosion will ensue sending radioactive particles all the way the stratusphere. Meaning all life on earth will be effected. The only way to put this sucker out is to blow it sky high and disperse the fuel over several hundered miles and not the hole planet.

No, just no.

I agree that this is a horrible disaster and japan needs to do something besides just cooling it for the next 5 years, but this is absurd.

It is not going to melt through the earth's crust and cause a giant explosion. And furthermore, you want to avoid this explosion by "blow[ing] it sky high". Really?

Entombment sounds like a much better plan to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by M40T4
I smell war, when all this starts affecting the rest of the world like russia or china, and japan refused aid when they obviously need it. War.

Take our aid or we will go to war with you? with who? this is also just not the case. I think before going to war with japan the US, china, or russia would just fly their stuff over to fukushima and do whatever they wanted to it, without resistance. Nobody wants to deal with this disaster. Japan isnt going to erect an army in the middle of this disaster to fight off people trying to stop the meltdown.

COME ON PEOPLE what is happening to this website. Its one absurd statement after another. Chill out, the world isnt ending. Lets sit back, think rationally... If only sense was common.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Somebody needs to ship a cargo ship full of duct tape over there and seal this thing up.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

it's not

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by amazing

I don't think any nation or corporation is prepared this disaster..

I'm hard-pressed to find any examples of either a nation or a corporation prepared to properly or effectively handle any major disaster (natural or man-made). Chernobyl? The midwestern floods of '93? Katrina? Haiti? The collapse of the World Trade Center? That last big quake in China? The BP spill?

Besides that, people really need to shake the whole idea that the government (any government) is truly looking out for our best interests, working hard to protect us, or the notion that they'll "save" us... from anything.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gamecock
It is not going to melt through the earth's crust and cause a giant explosion.

It really doesn't have to melt very far to hit the water table. Did you happen to see how close the plant is to the ocean? It'll hit water, explosive water, before it does much more melting.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So in light of this nuclear nightmare, why are the other nuclear countries in the world not planning a massive shutdown of all nuclear reactors. Obviously this is an issue. Obviously when things go terribly wrong, no one is prepared to deal with it. No one. Americans can just run in there and solve it nor can the French nor can anyone. It's a disaster. Literally. So I'm curious as to why there aren't any American movements gaining momentum about turning off lights, using less power and getting off their own dependence on nuclear power. Not just American mind you but I have to say looking at the www.radiationnetwork.com... I'm shocked at how many nuclear power plants there ARE in the US.

I certainly hope we mild mannered, apathetic Canadians get VERY loud in opposition to the nuclear plants we do have and any future plans for them (Alberta!).

Peace to you all, I know this is terrifying but what a great opportunity to unite the world and for all of us to see how very small this planet is. I'm not sure if it's this crisis or I'm just noticing it more, there seems to be lots of news of potentially habitable planets being discussed in mainstream news. Sure wish we'd focus our efforts to clean up our act here while we try to create a Star Trek spaceship. Maybe we will hitch a lift but seriously, no one out there is going to magically make this all better, it's truly down to humanity.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Neonblix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Oh my god? How can it be this hard? What are they doing? Besides treating those workers like crap.

They are doing something...... they're raising the safe dosage limits for radiation, that'll keep us all from getting irradiated above the legal limit

I'd like to give TPTB my thanks for that, I feel happy I'm so much safer now

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Can someone please explain to me how much worse it would be for the world if the Japan reactor has a complete melt down compared to Chernobyl?

I see a lot of threads and worried people in the US and Canada regarding the radiation from the Japan reactor, yet Chernobyls radiation was spread around the world.

I understand that yes Japan is a lot closer and that the jet stream might carry it directly over the west coast of North America but..... don't these materials have a very short half life compared to other radio active materials?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

Entombing the nuclear rods would most likely take the same amount of time. You can not just use explosives to make a hole and throw them in. Plans need to be made, locations accessed, many other variables need ot be accounted for before doing such a thing.

Not to mention they Japan is in no place right now to even DO that with the Tsunami disaster.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If our rainwater has radiation now above drinking water limits and the EPA says it's okay because it's short term what will they say now if this goes on for 3-5 years. How will if affect us if there's radiation in our rainwater long term?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here's the info I was talking about regarding the short half life

BC's Chief Medical Health Officer Dr. Perry Kendall spoke live on the News1130 Midday Show. He was quick to reassure the public there's no danger. "It's extraordinarily diluted. Iodine-131 has the half-life of eight days, which means whatever is present when it's released, half of it is gone by eight days. And half of that is gone in the subsequent eight days, so it has a very rapid decay." The rainwater was collected from the SFU campus on Burnaby Mountain, while the seaweed was harvested near the SeaBus Terminal in North Vancouver.

Now of course I know nothing about what other types of radiation are being released but this one type in particular doesn't seem to be anything to worry about... at least not now.

As for nuking the site........how would that help? sure you might destroy the rods but then you would also be releasing even more radiation into the atmosphere no?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Clearly .GOV's around the world have become completely incompetent. They can not deal with crisis', they fall apart under pressure and pass along accountability. It happens over and over again as they put corporate interests above that of the very people they govern.

This is an instance where Japan is probably going to wish they had a dictator in power that made the right call... Stop this disaster at all cost and jail and freeze the assets of the CEO/Corp for holding back the important information.

The fact that Nuclear plants operators do not have a plan for in place for such a disaster is absolutely insane. These people are paid how much money and have achieved how many degrees combined?

You should all be disgusted with this company and government as I am. They are in CONTEMPT of HUMANITY!
edit on 30-3-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I know this is probably a dumb thing to say, i thought about it and a few scenarios/outcomes popped into my head, but....i honestly don't know

What would happen if you dropped Liquid Nitrogen on them not directly ontop as its likely to crack and release more? but ontop of the water pool? would that bring it down enough to keep topping it up till it was entirely filled with the stuff?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join