It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA- Iodine-131 levels in PA & MA rainwater exceed max contaminant level permitted in drinking wat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
enenews.com...

This is getting worse everyday!!
edit on 29-3-2011 by Bronco51082 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bronco51082

Honestly, stop increasing anxiety. The crisis is in Japan. I live in Boston, no flash TV warning anyone not to drink the tap water...and believe it or not MA is quick on the button to warn when there's something wrong with our water.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well, judging by that report there is nothing to worry about

Next!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Would using a water purifier get rid of the iodine?... I don't think it would because then Japan wouldn't have this problem anymore...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Honestly, stop increasing anxiety. The crisis is in Japan. I live in Boston, no flash TV warning anyone not to drink the tap water...and believe it or not MA is quick on the button to warn when there's something wrong with our water.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Since they are so quick on the button. Why aren't they pressing it right now? Or any other state for that matter.....hmmmmmmm. Oh cause its all good. Either way, if any of these douche bags are covering this up, they're just as dead as anyone else. As a wise man once said," You already have been murdered, now what? "
edit on 29-3-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Would it have killed you to include more than 5 words in your op? Perhaps a little substance.

Sorry that came out way too rude. Just would like to hear a little more on your opinion about whats going on.
edit on 29-3-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If anyone is stupid enough to rely on the TV for the truth or the government for the real story then you deserve whatever is coming to you. Why are you even on ATS if you say "well the people on the TV said everything is OK." , or "the folks at the EPA said all is well". I mean GD! what is wrong with you? Probably disinfo agents.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

Most water filtration plants use the new Brita 5900, which is EPA certified to remove everything radioactive or at least they say it removes it?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So don't drink the rain water.

Am I to believe in Boston they catch the rain water and pour it in your mouths

-or-

Does the rain water soak into the ground, get filtered out by much soil and them go into an aquifer which is then pumped up and filtered, probably chlorinated and THEN piped to your house.

Water isn't radioactive, it's particulates in the water.

If you take a sealed mason jar of water and cover it with radioactive ash or dirt then the gamma radiation passes through the water. Wash off the jar good and it's safe to drink.

Dump the ash inside and mix it with the water and now you drink it and it will hurt you.

Once the rain water is filtered by soil and/or man made means it will be safe to drink.

People are getting so worked up over nothing because they don't understand about radioactivity and it's easier to jump on the fear monger bandwagon than learn.

Maybe there is are unhealthy levels in the rain water I don't know. But assuming there is you have nothing to fear unless you drink the rain water. Drinking water will be safe.

I know you won't listen to me but that's ok. I have been dealing with people like this for a long time.

"Their mind's are made up, don't confuse them with the facts".

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The levels seen in rainwater are expected to be relatively short in duration,” the [EPA] states in a FAQ that accompanied yesterday’s brief news release. …

Let's see.. the iodine is coming from Fukushima. Fukushima is getting worse by the day and there is no end in sight.

So how on EARTH can they say it's a short duration event? HELLO? It will be leaking/steaming/belching for months as far as we can see from right now.

We are not all idiots in this country.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I don't think they are saying it's actualy in the drinking water, they are saying it's in the rain water. unless you like to drink rain water

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xaphoocom

Well around here where I live we get out water from the great lakes, just taking a guess here but what fills up the great lakes? Rain water.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I have always heard that body absorbs more water from a shower than drinking water during the day anyone know if this is true?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

It comes from the Quabbin Reservoir or Wachusett Reservoir which are both open to the elements and not aquifers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a thread I started a few days ago about how they were finding trace iodine-131 in tests in Massachusetts rainwater. Again, there is a new "truth" everyday in this saga it seems. Thanks for the info OP.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wondering the same thing. IF and I say IF the water is unfit to drink is it safe to shower in? Give to pets? Probably not but what can you do?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Not just Mass. but in water in 13 states here. My state AZ is one of them.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
"It can't possibly come here in any form. And anyway it's not here in a harmful form. And anyway you can just avoid the stuff it's harmful in here."
edit on 29-3-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Yes it's true, sometimes there is no conspiracy. Yes radiation from Fukushima is going to spread worldwide but it will be minimal and non threatening to life AS OF NOW. This may change, it may get worse (hope it doesn't). But for now my tap water is still safe to drink as much as it ever was and the same is more than likely true for everywhere but Japan.

My point in posting is that while it's good to pass on information and it's good to stay on top of situations like this, panicking is not good. It inspires people who don't know better to do dumb sh** like take the iodate tabs which is very harmful and should only be taken IF and WHEN it truly is the lesser of two evils. These pills are dangerous as they can interfere with thyroid function.

There is NO point in any govt official or any federal or state agencies to cover up radiation levels, they can't. There are too many people with their own personal geiger counters and too many nuclear watchdog groups to let this happen. And yes most definitely I trust my water and I trust to be informed if it unsafe because I have lived here my whole life and it has been proven to me that I can trust it.

Making this crisis, AS OF YET, about anything other than JAPAN and the devastation we CANNOT even fathom only serves to detract help from going where it is needed. The moment a crisis becomes about "me" is when "me" starts only looking out for "my own".

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Oh, so now we're moving from "can't happen" to "not harmful" to "not life-threatening". I see. I suppose the next step is to claim the lives it threatens probably deserve it anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

How will you know then?

I suppose you are doing routine testing for Iodine 131 in your tap water to know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join