It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast Animals Sick and Dying

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c39f65105ed4.jpg[/atsimg]

If the contaminants are affecting the west coast what to say of the homeless in Japan? As they struggle daily to represent themselves in a clean and presentable way, they wash their clothes and clean their bodies in the very waters that will contaminate everything it comes in contact with.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/704a11ef115d4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3767945e5106.jpg[/atsimg]

Screening: A mother tries to talk to her daughter who had been isolated for signs of radiation after evacuating from the vicinity of Fukushima's nuclear plants (left). She then drops down to talk to the family dog

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I cannot imagine what this would do to me as a Mother, I fear I would abandon all and go be with her regardless of contamination.
edit on 28-3-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I must say, my heart is broken seeing those pictures.
This is all just too much, and its not even over yet for the poeple of Japan.

Japan's nuclear contamination spreads to more U.S. states

At least 15 states reported detecting radioisotopes in air or water or both. No states have recommended that residents take potassium iodide, a salt that protects the thyroid gland from radioactive iodine.

Progress Energy reported over the weekend that iodine-131 was detected in the air near its nuclear power plants near Hartsville, South Carolina, and Crystal River, Florida.

"We know that it's not coming from our plant," said Progress spokesman Drew Elliot. Had the U.S. nuclear plants been responsible for the radioactive iodine, other isotopes would also have been found, he said. The levels detected were so low that authorities do not require they be reported, he said.

www.cnn.com...

I still maintain that there is no safe backgound level of Iodine - 131, and especialy not Plutonium - 239.
edit on 28-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

very true, that is a possibility I imagine. all in all NONE of this is good for the ocean. I saw on the news that garbage, debris, and even a few cars have started washing ashore in some places here as well (how the cars wouldn't sink I'm not quite sure...that doesn't make sense to me) so even without the radiation think of how much crap there is out in the water right now.

I only bring it up because i got nothing from the article to out right blazingly suggest that these animals were getting sick because of the radiation or washing up on shore because of it but rather that bacteria that is mentioned...unless radiation can spontaneously create bacteria lol.

Dying animals and the state of the ocean is a concern no matter how you look at it though with or without the radiation

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is getting very serious my friends, please if you live along the western shorelines by all means dont even take your pets to walk along the beaches right now. Be as cautious as you can when encountering strange animals as well. I would not suggest allowing your children to surf or swim in the tides until we get a better idea of what we are dealing with here.

You cannot trust what your local authorities are telling you, you must use your highest intuition to make these decisions for yourself. Remember they will try to keep the commerce game moving even if it means sacrifice of human and animal lives in the future.

This is not over no matter how much the msm is trying to create red herrings and force people to turn a blind eye to the brutalization happening to the good people of first Japan, and now the US. trust me when I say this is far from over and you must take precautions no matter how much we all wish this could be different and life could go on as usual.

Japan radiation killing sea life, warning for Oregon coast fishing industry

Newport and West coast dogs reported to be acting strange in the wake of the recent Tsunami
Oregon authorities have issued new strong warning to keep humans and pets away from all dead sea life found on any Oregon coast beach, “as they could become infected by a disease that’s hitting the population in this area.”
While radiation levels are viewed as safe right now along Oregon and other West coast beaches, there have been new warnings about a disease called “leptospirosis,” that more recently infected California sea lions with by the hundreds.
Officials said the disease can spread to humans and dogs who come in contact with an infected sea lion or other dead sea life that’s in mass after the recent quake in Japan triggered massive amounts of questionable debris along West coast beaches.
In the meantime, those who walk their dogs along coastal beaches have been warned about dogs reported to be ill with unknown causes; while, at the same time, other local pet owners fear their dogs – that sniff and eat various beach stuff that intrigues them while foraging around for bones and other objects – are possibly suffering the same fate at three nuclear power workers at Fukushima, Japan, who’ve been exposed to high levels of radiation, stated Japan’s nuclear safety agency on Saturday.
A schnauzer puppy named “buggers,” is now seriously ill, and several other Newport dogs who frequent the local beach are also said to be sick and acting crazy.

www.lab-retriever.net...
edit on 28-3-2011 by antar because: Edit for link

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A bit of information on Leptospirosis in humans, fish, fowl, reptiles:

Leptospirosis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article may be too technical for most readers to understand. Please improve this article to make it understandable to non-experts, without removing the technical details. (August 2010)
Leptospirosis
Classification and external resources

Leptospirose magnified 200 times with dark-field microscope
ICD-10 A27.
OMIM 607948
DiseasesDB 7403
MedlinePlus 001376
eMedicine med/1283 emerg/856 ped/1298
MeSH C01.252.400.511

Leptospirosis (also known as Weil's disease, Weil's syndrome, canicola fever, canefield fever, nanukayami fever, 7-day fever, Rat Catcher's Yellows, Fort Bragg fever, and Pretibial fever[1]:290) is a bacterial zoonotic disease caused by spirochaetes of the genus Leptospira that affects humans and a wide range of animals, including mammals, birds, amphibians, and reptiles. The disease was first described by Adolf Weil in 1886 when he reported an "acute infectious disease with enlargement of spleen, jaundice and nephritis". Leptospira was first observed in 1907 from a post mortem renal tissue slice.[2] In 1908, Inada and Ito first identified it as the causative organism [3] and in 1916 noted its presence in rats.[4]

Though recognised among the world's most common zoonoses, leptospirosis is a relatively rare bacterial infection in humans. The infection is commonly transmitted to humans by allowing water that has been contaminated by animal urine to come in contact with unhealed breaks in the skin, the eyes, or with the mucous membranes. Outside of tropical areas, leptospirosis cases have a relatively distinct seasonality with most of them occurring August–September/February–March.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Leptospirosis continued from above:

Symptoms

Leptospiral infection in humans causes a range of symptoms, and some infected persons may have no symptoms at all. Leptospirosis is a biphasic disease that begins with flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, myalgias, intense headache). The first phase resolves, and the patient is briefly asymptomatic until the second phase begins. This is characterized by meningitis, liver damage (causing jaundice), and renal failure. The infection is often wrongly diagnosed due to the wide range of symptoms. This leads to a lower registered number of cases than exists. Symptoms of leptospirosis include high fever, severe headache, chills, muscle aches, and vomiting, and may include jaundice, red eyes, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and rash. Initial presentation may resemble pneumonia. The symptoms in humans appear after a 4–14 day incubation period.

The incubation period (time of exposure to first symptoms) in animals is anywhere from 2 to 20 days. In dogs the liver and kidney are most commonly damaged by leptospirosis. In addition, there are recent reports of a pulmonary form of canine leptospirosis associated with severe hemorrhage in the lungs similar to the human pulmonary hemorrhagic syndrome.[11][12] Vasculitis may occur, causing edema and potentially disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC). Myocarditis, pericarditis, meningitis, and uveitis are also possible sequelae.[5] One should strongly suspect leptospirosis and include it as part of a differential diagnosis if the sclerae of the dog's eyes appear jaundiced (even slightly yellow). The absence of jaundice does not eliminate the possibility of leptospirosis, and its presence could indicate hepatitis or other liver pathology rather than leptospirosis. Vomiting, fever, failure to eat, reduced urine output, unusually dark or brown urine, and lethargy are also indications of the disease.

For more information including complications read here:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Cute little fake caption on the mother daughter dog picture. The girl is outdoors and the dog is inside OOPS you missed it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

that, to me, is the most telling statement i have seen so far. so they are saying to leave the rain alone but the rads are okay.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Um, had not caught that, big Right-O... So many directions being looked at sometimes the best evidence is the simplest.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/704a11ef15d4.jpg[/atsimg]

This one just tore me up, the thought of what people who love, who have no choices other than to do what they are told, just kills me.
edit on 28-3-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The officials always talk of the detected radio-isotope levels as being insignificant or not enough to pose a health risk.

They never do tell us what their standards are or define any of the underlined words above. This is what worries me. All they have to do is change the standards and they can technically say anything. We will never know because the standards aren't revealed.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

well Antar I will have to say that you
challenged my thought process with this
thread.

I saw the title and thought oh no.

then I opened it up and saw the 3 headed lizard and thought
oh it's satire

then started reading and went back to oh no again.

this is def a sad story for everybody as it will
eventually affect us all but more so and quicker
to the folks in Japan.

I expect to see massive failure of crops
this coming fall due to toxins in the rain water
and a world food shortage afterward.
Better be stocking up now.
and then .....
PROTECT IT !!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sounds like more fearmongering and the OP obviously bought into it, hence the link.

This is really the last thing we all need right now.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
When I try to access the source you listed this comes up..."You are not authorized to access this page."

Anyone have a working link?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just curious why you choose to post an image from a photoshop contest (worth1000.com) to support your OP?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Oh you have NO IDEA... If Antar wished to fear monger she would have you crapping your pants with reality checks! This situation is far more dire than you have any idea of, I am taking you through baby steps, but if my emotional state is any indication you would be better off not opening my threads in the days and weeks to come because I am about to unleash a fury that will make hells fire feel like a cool summer breeze.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

I was looking at real life mutations happening right now, sickeningly sad, horrifically shocking. For some reason I decided on the photoshopped cute picture of the three headed lizard because it was not only amusing but an attempt at the brighter side of genetic anomalies.

I 'like' the picture even though it is not what mutations are really going to become, take a look at the children being born today in war torn areas that have suffered far less than what Japan is facing. Oh and also I thought that the picture of the 'twin' nuclear facilities made a strong statement overall.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

True that and the ideas which come to mind when you think of coreexit and plutonium mixing. Oddly enough now it seems many nuclear facilities are talking about wanting upgrades and security fixes that will never come, they can talk all they want but the bottom line is not at all about the safety of these facilities. It is more pre-planning and passing the buck.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Sounds like more fearmongering and the OP obviously bought into it, hence the link.

This is really the last thing we all need right now.
I see you posting the same thing in every thread,.
WTH,. really?,... fear mongering???
enough already,..
WE are living in a frickin disaster,.. all of us..
THe radiation may not kill you at YOUR house,.
but for all intents and purposes,.. IT DOESNT BELONG IN THE AIR IN FIRST PLACE.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Fear mongering? At what point do you open your eyes. There is no end in sight. Watch this.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join