It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Coast Animals Sick and Dying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a6f6468f96b.jpg[/atsimg]

It seems that from this report many animals are showing the effects of Japans radiation filtering over into the west coast of California all the way to the Oregon beaches.

Reports of a swirling greasy substance splashing onto the beaches has left what once was the biggest weekend of the year for spring break now a desolate reminder of the nuclear terror which is causing animals to become sick, run in packs acting crazy and showing signs of animal dementia.

As the debris and dead sea animals line the once pristine sandy beaches locals are trying to keep their pets far from the shores so that they do not come in contact with the contaminated remains floating onto shore.

This is something we need to keep a very close eye on as it can and will affect the entire eco system in time and could potentially cause the next great extinction of all living beings including humans.

How long before the toxic residual effects from the coreexit and now the radiation mix? What will the outcome be for all life that exist from the bounty of our oceans? How long before we being to see the point of no return and the complete mutation of all life as we know it?

www.huliq.com...

[
edit on 28-3-2011 by antar because: Duh, linkie

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
not sure whats up but I don't see any content in your post...
so I sandfed you for haveing the least arguable and therefore the smartest post all day

PS
oh there it is

WOW
starnflag
hard to argue with that picture

( where is raquel welsh when you need her...? )
edit on 28-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Blank... Maybe your post is on the west coast too???

By the way I am on the west coast and my dogs and chickens and birds and cats are all just fine.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I live in California and the past few days my eyes have been burning like snow blindness, but there is no snow and I don't have allergies. My grandma has also felt this way. Has any one else been experiencing this recently? Could it be radiation related?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BunnyBeHoppy

I don't think so, I wouldn't rule it out but radiation would not affect one part of you specifically and leave everything else untouched.
Then again, who knows what happens at levels of small doses?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BunnyBeHoppy
I live in California and the past few days my eyes have been burning like snow blindness, but there is no snow and I don't have allergies. My grandma has also felt this way. Has any one else been experiencing this recently? Could it be radiation related?

Dont you think the people of japan would also feel this....its clearly not radiation

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The time has come to STOP eating ANYTHING which comes from the ocean. That can of Mystery Meat can no longer be trusted! And not only that look at the huge die-offs happening which is leaving no food for the ocean dwelling species. The ocean industry needs to be replaced with fresh water farming to supplement peoples requirements. Governments need to start now for societies that have lived by the oceans and relied upon them for their sustenance.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84c17213febf.jpg[/atsimg][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64fc20dbc778.jpg[ /atsimg]

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I LOVE MY COUNTRY!!!! but i question those who run it.....
the horrible problem is no matter how bad it gets we will not be notified.... just like yellow rain on 3 mile island... and the yellow rain in japan..... we will be dis-informed and we will watch others suffer and die... we are now being put in mute mode not one citizen will be able to speak out .. the media is pawning it off....

there was a note on channel 5 news out of stl mo about radiation...levels being on a increase accross the nation but nothing stating any danger or potential.... we will see or we will die before we actually know....

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

According to the reports, the dogs along the ocean communities are showing and have even been considered critical to the point that advisories have been made to steer clear of them.

I am glad to hear yours are doing well, you must live inland right?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have no idea of the time frame for deceased sea animals to appear on the beaches of California, Oregon, etc., but when Japan declared that the seawater near the plant was 1000 times higher in radiation than normal, one would have to assume that it's not good for ocean life.

Workers at a troubled Japanese nuclear power plant have discovered plutonium in the soil and several radioactive pools of water around the facility, confirming fears contaminated water is leaking out of damaged reactors into the nearby environment.

The discovery of plutonium-laden soil was announced Monday after tests results on samples taken a week ago were made public.

A week...nice.

Radiation in the pools was measured at 1,000 millisieverts per hour, a level high enough to cause temporary radiation sickness.

The tunnel ends just over 50 metres from the shore of the Pacific Ocean, fuelling fears it could seep in to the ocean waters surrounding the plant.

Perhaps next week we'll learn it already did hit the ocean. That would be my guess -- where else is it going to go?

Further, what the heck is temporary radiation sickness? That's a joke, right? What is it - temporary until you get cancer?

Source: New leak, plutonium found near Japanese plant

My point is simply that I think it's been leaking and seeping into the ocean from the start.
I would imagine that 2 1/2 weeks is long enough to start seeing the ramifications although I admittedly don't have an exact timeframe. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Its hard to say how much of this contamination has reached the U.S.
since so coveniently the monitering RAD NET system is down in so many areas.

I think this is very significant news below, from another thread.
They dont want the rainwater now!

Originally posted by burntheships
The Japanese Government Has Now Asked That All Water Purification Plants
Stop Taking Rainwater Into Their Water Supply.

Japan's health ministry has asked water purification plants nationwide to stop taking in rainwater and cover pools with tarpaulins to shield them from radiation from a crippled nuclear plant.

The capital Tokyo and several nearby municipalities last week said they had detected radioactive iodine-138 levels that made their tap water unsafe for infants, although the contamination has dropped off since.

The health ministry warned at the weekend that fresh rainfall could capture radioactive elements that have escaped from the stricken Fukushima plant, and channel them via rivers and dams into drinking water supplies.www.pakistantimes.net...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i'd venture to say the greasy grey substance is from the debris from the tsunami not so much the radiation...maybe I'm wrong but I dont recall hearing about radiation making greasy grey substences. Also, the article talks about a bacterial disease in the sealife not so much radiation again....at least as far as I read.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BunnyBeHoppy

California here.
My right eye is burning & watery, too.
No allergies either.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Heres the thing if we learned anything from past disasters like Hurricane Katrina, the Indonesian tsunami, BP gulf oil disaster, the agencies which are in place to keep the GP informed and safe are failing miserably and if anything bought and sold by the very same industries who have placed them in their positions and reward secrecy and lack of information at times of human and animal peril.

We have learned and this is why agencies like the Rad networks have shut down. They are not shut down just taking the time to keep things quiet until such time as they deem appropriate for continuity of society. In other words until they figure some way to disguise any information which may cause panic and movement by the people who will be affected.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718
i'd venture to say the greasy grey substance is from the debris from the tsunami not so much the radiation...maybe I'm wrong but I dont recall hearing about radiation making greasy grey substences. Also, the article talks about a bacterial disease in the sealife not so much radiation again.

The only thing I would say is a connection between this and radiation is the potential for the radiation to kill off a large enough amount of plankton to cause this substance. Radiation exposure breaks down tissue, so it stands to reason that tiny organisms exposed to it could ultimately end up liquified and the fats in their bodies would form some sort of greasy "slick" on the surface.

The real shame here is that we have abused our oceans to the point where we have no idea which abuse causes which die-offs.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's only going to get worst (I am so sad to believe) but just consider that Japan still has not confronted the issue of what it will do with the tons (perhaps hundreds of) of contaminated water that it has been using to try to cool the reactors... we know that some is escaping into the Ocean, but what are they going to do with it all? My guess is that it will also get dumped into our once beautiful seas...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

This is just common sense to you and me, but we are dealing with the fact people would rather remain complacent and wait for official news before they invoke change or use the common sense. No it is not safe to use the yellow rain to grow food, it is never going to be OK in many places after this disaster finishes what has begun.

So rather than giving up and saying that millions will starve, new and innovative ideas need to be addressed now. Biosphere's can be used, indoor botanical gardens can be used, many factories can be cleared out and reset up now to facilitate indoor growing areas with minimal lighting needs and utilizing wind, solar technologies.

Remember the thread where in some remote south American communities they took 2 liter pop bottles and converted them into light sources? The same thing can be done today at no cost and yet will save tens of thousands of lives this year.

Listen, these people are in shock, they are still in the beginning stages of recovery, still searching for survivors and until that phase ends they will remain in a sort of stasis waiting for outside help and in the end shocked that none came. It is the same world wide in any disaster situation.

There is no reason to not have water, clean water shipped in, to have water purification happening NOW. You know all the survival networks TALK about water purification, but when something like this happens, where are those resources?

It really bothered me when the Grandmother and her precious little Grandchild were found 9 days after the EQ, and the only thing they were given after 9 days was some rice and 2 eggs! They deserved a feast!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That's a real problem, I was reading on Wikipedia a bit ago about that very same thing, and gathering it and containing it is going to be one of the biggest challenges we will face, I say we because when something of this magnitude happens it is no longer a localized situation, it is a global concern.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Oh God say it is not true, your post has brought me to tears. I fear the worst and yet I pray you are wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join