It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US and NATO need to outsource all future wars...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Most of my comment will be said "Tongue in cheek" however there is a lot of truth and merrett in the concept...
first a bit of background...

WASHINGTON -- On Sunday, Sen. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) raised questions about the economic costs of U.S. involvement in Libya. Speaking on NBC's "Meet The Press," Lugar insisted that the U.S. has no vital national security interest in Libya and argued that additional military spending will exacerbate the nation's budget deficit. "There have to be objectives and a plan and an agreement that we're prepared to devote the military forces but also the money," Lugar said. "It makes no sense in the front room, where in Congress we are debating seemingly every day the deficits, the debt ceiling situation coming up, the huge economic problems we have -- but in the back room we are spending money on a military situation in Libya."

I get that, we don't really have the money lying around to keep fighting these things... it's wearing us down and taking away from needed domestic programs...

what we should have done is put it out for bid! do a little comparative shopping, get the best bang for our buck as it were

Surely some other country (India perhaps) would have loved to place a low-ball bid... ya know I bet if we looked hard enough we could have found another country willing to do it at cost! China would love to do so in exchange for a Naval port in Tripoli...

Am I joking???? Only partly... we (USA) have no business being in Libya and I personally object to spending one to two million per sortie on this mission... But since TPTB insisted we have a party, I feel cheated that they didn't first look at other offers.... Cheers

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
and grandparents would tell us...'if you cant pay for it with cash, you don't need it.

the W.O.P.R. said it best. The only way to win is not to play.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
We dont need to outsource anything.
The world needs to calm the hell down. ALL OF IT.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i think that china and russia have learnt a few lessons from history and realised that over spending on military endevours can lead to the breakdown of a nations economy. i get the impression that we will see these nations take a back seat when it comes to wars in other nations, while growing richer and more powerful all the time. kind of like the us did in ww2.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
We have been outsourcing, and thats what scares me. XE, Wackenhut and other contractors are exactly that-outsourcing. When you outsource to those who have no loyalty to you aside from money, what keeps them on your side?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Mercenaries do not have the best reputation for civil defence, they shoot for dollars not for the nation. If you want the world taken over over by multinational corporations then mercenaries like Halaburton are the way to go.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
With more Postal Workers being laid off.....

Post Offices closed.....

Veterans Affairs Clinics being closed......

And yet they still found enough money to take over Libya.....

Not even in the Great Depression did Postal Workers get laid off.

new topics

top topics

join