It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is from someone who works in Emergency Management, lets see whats to come in 2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have never said I worked for FEMA. I love the paranoia that some people create on here. I get attacked for fear mongering when I am trying to bring out awareness and hopefully mitigate some of the hazards that are not being played out elsewhere. If you don't like what I say, don't post.... but please stop making things up like I work for FEMA and I am a government plant. Their are several private organizations that do emergency management also, ever heard of EMAC, Citizen Corps, even Red Cross

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
I have never said I worked for FEMA. I love the paranoia that some people create on here. I get attacked for fear mongering when I am trying to bring out awareness and hopefully mitigate some of the hazards that are not being played out elsewhere. If you don't like what I say, don't post.... but please stop making things up like I work for FEMA and I am a government plant. Their are several private organizations that do emergency management also, ever heard of EMAC, Citizen Corps, even Red Cross

Dude, I think you're being attacked for warning people about things that happen all the time and then trying to make a lame connection to Nibiru.

You're warning people about spring time flooding along the Mississippi. Trust me, this happens every year and the people it affects already know this fact of life. Earthquakes, yep, they happen and will continue to happen without the help of HAARP or Nibiru.

As for any drills that are being conducted. Planners come up with some pretty outlandish stuff for their "mass casualty" drills. This makes it harder for the responders and FOSC/ICS staff to use local equipment so they have to think "outside the box." They have to do drills for radiation leaks and meltdowns, because those are possibilities. They're not prophets or have inside information, it's just the planners doing what they do best.

I wouldn't be surprised if a scenario had Nibiru or some asteroid destroying a town. Why not, it's a perfect mass casualty drill!

Seriously, how long have you worked for whatever department you work for? Do you think the oldtimers might be having a little fun at your expense? Warning people about things they are already aware of just seems like you're seeking attention and using your position to get it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

So many people here don't seem to be able to see the forest for the trees.

Look at the WHOLE picture people!

Yes, any of these events taken by themselves HAVE happened in the past and are not unusual.

The thing that is unusual is the timing ....... so many major things happening in such a close time frame has NEVER happened before.

Any student of the Bible knows what I am talking about.

We cannot know the exact hour, but we CAN know the time frame by following the signs.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Common Scarecrow because: spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
this stuff is all making you wonder, was Dark Knight right, should we all be aiming to get away.

Japan, libya wars natural disasters man made disasters its biblical stuff, maybe he was right he mentioned late 2011

not scared yet but if other stuff kicks in may be weeing myself a bit lol

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

Then any student of the Bible would also know that there is nothing we can do to prevent such things. Any student of the Bible would know that it is not in our hands, but in God's. Any student of the Bible would know not to be afraid.

If this earthquake happened in a country NOT ON A FAULT LINE, yeah, I would think about questioning it. If a Hurricane hit Montana, yeah, I would think about questioning it. But let's take a step back and look at it without fear in our eyes.

Japan is located on a HUGE fault line. It is also, by it's nature, surrounded by an ocean. The nuclear power plant is also located on a fault line and right next to the water. Sounds like the makings of a disaster movie, doesn't it?

Chile is also located on a fault line and sits right next to the ocean.

Come to think of it, the entire west coast sits on a HUGE fault line and, apparently, has some very nice ocean views. The west coast has been due for a large earthquake for quite some time and perhaps this is their year or maybe next year or maybe tomorrow.

The Bible, in my non-expert opionion, is talking about disasters happening where they don't normally happen. If you live in a flood plain, you can't wake up to a spring flood and be surprised. Now if you live in an area, not known to ever have a flood and you have 10 ft of water in your house, yeah, that's something to really be concerned with.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
The OP is a curios one. It starts off sounding like he/she is in the know. Then suddenly, Nibiru, Planet X, comet etc rear their ugly head and discredit the entire post. Either FEMA is writing about Planet X or they are not, since it is clear they are not, tossing that in as a cause discredits the entire post.

Flooding, this is a no brainer, as the snow this year has to lead to flooding. This is neither a prediction, or insider knowledge, any moron who knows snow melts would see this coming - it happens often, in varying degrees. The OP poster's writing on this suggests hysteria, further discrediting the info.

Solar Flares, go back and look at 2000-2004, track the days and you'll see some very ferocious flares, they happen often, we'll live.

The quakes, again, the writing seems marginally credible, until the tossing in of the comet etc. Quakes happen, they happen now, they will happen, only fear based fools spend any time worrying about this. Fires happen, floods happen, nuke meltdowns happen, but we live.

Why is it when some event occurs, the supposed insiders crawl out from every rock saying it will get worse?! Why doesn't anyone crawl out from the same said rock and say: that's it, this one was the last one.

Of course this op is not credible in the slightest..just more fear mongering based on nothing but I do have to correct you on something. The mississippi flood basin doesn't flood because of snow melt but rather extreme rain. And as far as his theory on earthquakes...just laughable..they are totally unpredictable. All these wannabe earthquake experts think they can figure out when a quake is gonna happen due to the data they gather from websites.

Those of us who actually know something about them realize that there is absolutely know way to tell when one is going to happen. With the exception of aftershocks or an impending volcanic eruption of course, but magnitude and effect are still not possible to accurately predict.
edit on 29-3-2011 by kro32 because: add on

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Some advice. If you want to be credible, state where you work and for how long so that people can judge the source. If you work at the desk of some organization and take calls, the information will be seen very differently then if you work as the head of the red cross. If you truly, really feel, that the information you have access to will help save lives and help others, then post it. Show the docs. If you think you might get fired, then you don't care that much about the folks you are trying to help - you care more about your job, or you don't understand the information clearly. Speak wholly and completely, as if you are speaking to your parents for the last time. Your post is full of incomplete thoughts, ideas, speculation and nothing concrete that suggests anything other than standard operating procedure by government agencies or a paraphrasing of several yahoo articles. Leave the speculation out, you have done yourself poorly by adding the planet x thing - this is at best a deal breaker for most. If you have solid information that this exists AND your group knows about it, post it - you owe it to humanity or you are just another overlord who sees information hoarding as a good thing.

This kind of panic post has happened thousands of times here and elsewhere, maybe millions when all added up. Anyone can do it, anyone can be king for a day with information tidbits, when in the end the post NOTHING of substance and quietly crawl back into the woodwork.

If it were me, and I had access to direct information that would help people, documents, phone logs, I'd post it. If I were wanting attention, I'd say I had vital info and docs, say I can't post it but I know it to be true, then I'd grab a diet coke, some cheetos, some microwave popcorn and listen to some crappy rap and laugh while people freaked out because of me.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Another scenario is that the planet is in its own cycle, or this recent cycle is caused by the sun. This is possible, however most likely this is improbable because the sun has been observed for a long time, and the recent cycle that the sun is in is predictable in the fact that we knew about these solar storms in early 2000’s

I would say the sun. It is not in a "normal" state. If you look at Layman's Sunspot Count and CHART you can see we are in a deep solar minimum. This minimum was NOT predicted by NASA but was predicted by Landscheidt, Paul Josee and Carl Smith

What modulates our Sun?
The majority of science work on the principle that the Sun is self modulating and each solar cycle is a product of a random number generator. There are others that suspect the Sun is modulated by the planets with a special emphasis on Jupiter. Thanks to Carl Smith who has recently left us we have new knowledge that significantly adds to Jose's and Landscheidt's work.

EXPLANATION: www.landscheidt.info.../4

Back in 1965 Paul Jose was one of the first to link solar modulation with planetary movements. He discovered that the planets roughly returned to the same position every 178.8 years (My research suggests 172 yrs). Jose's paper included a very rough solar radius graph which showed some modulation but was difficult to draw from. Later Theodor Landscheidt wrote many papers using a similar principle but mainly relied on solar torque graphs which ranged over long time periods. Theodor also focused on the zero crossings or when the Sun returns to the centre of the solar system, which in my opinion is not the crucial stage but happens close to grand minima. Landscheidt predicted a Grand Minimum to occur at 1990 and around 2030 (the latter 2030 might be late, if the current trend continues)...Those dates are derived from the zero crossing method.

Then Carl Smith in 2007 using JPL data and his own programming skills plotted the Angular Momentum of the Sun....

Now think about that for a moment. These guys are saying AND CORRECTLY PREDICTING a Solar grand minimum based on the alignment of the planets. So what effect will that alignment have on Earth???

I used to take this theory with a large grain of salt but they did correctly predict the changes in the sun while NASA blew it!

a year ago

Piers Corbyn, astrophysicist of WeatherAction.com long range weather & climate forecasters today announced important findings connecting solar-lunar effects on earthquakes and volcanoes and warned that the major solar explosion (Coronal Mass Ejection) of 13th April will increase risk of: more earthquakes, renewed eruption of Iceland’s volcano & extreme weather events world-wide as it hits Earth in his predicted Solar-Lunar Impact periods 18-24 April 2010 sc25.com...

There are even science papers on the subject

J. Ind. Geophys. Union ( October 2005 )
Vol.9, No.4, pp.263-276
Planetary Configuration: Implications for Earthquake
Prediction and Occurrence in Southern Peninsular India
ABSTRACT

Though there have been several attempts at earthquake prediction from different perspectives, this attempt aims at establishing planetary configurations as a definitive means of earthquake prediction. When two or more planets, Sun and M oon are aligned more or less in line (0o or 180o) with the Earth, then the Earth would be caught in the middle of a huge gravity struggle between the Sun and the planets. T he gravitational stresses would change the speed of the Earth in its orbit and when the speed of rotation of the earth changes the tectonic plate motion also gets affected. T he total angular momentum of planets involved in earthquake triggering mechanism can be calculated and the total force acting at the epicenter in a direction opposite to that of the earth’s rotation can also be determined. At the epicenter, the speed of rotation of the earth can be calculated with the help of available software. So the planetary forces in the opposite direction to the rotation of earth act as a triggering mechanism for the accumulated stress at faults and plate boundaries to be released abruptly. T his does not, however, mean that earthquakes will occur at all edges of the plate boundaries. Two of the parameters contributing to the triggering of an earthquake at a place are a) distance of epicenter from the planet position and b) direction of force acting at the possible epicenter. From the analysis of “ significant earthquakes” over the past 100 years from all over the world and from Southern Peninsular India, the relationship between (i) latitude, longitude, and magnitude of the tremor and (ii) distance from the planet and direction of forces acting at any point can be inferred. Such inferences already made for different localities in other parts of world have unfolded an accuracy of more than 75% with regard to earthquake prediction.
www.scribd.com...

Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says
Kimberly Johnson
for National Geographic News
June 30, 2008

Rapid changes in the churning movement of Earth's liquid outer core are weakening the magnetic field in some regions of the planet's surface, a new study says.

"What is so surprising is that rapid, almost sudden, changes take place in the Earth's magnetic field," said study co-author Nils Olsen, a geophysicist at the Danish National Space Center in Copenhagen.

The findings suggest similarly quick changes are simultaneously occurring in the liquid metal, 1,900 miles (3,000 kilometers) below the surface, he said.

The swirling flow of molten iron and nickel around Earth's solid center triggers an electrical current, which generates the planet's magnetic field.... news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 29-3-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by crimvelvet because: forgot ex - text urls

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

My poor, wonderful grandma worried, cried and prayed her life away, constantly in concern, constantly fearful that the end was near, She was convinced of it...in 1950, 1960, 1970...

I firmly believe we need to be aware of possibilities and probabilities, and be aware. A bug-out bag is great. A bug-out life is misery.

There are so many things that can wipe us out. Personally I am more concerned about the amount of pharmaceutical drugs in our water supply (from people's urination and from improper disposal) than a comet.

You pays your money and you takes your chances.
Every day we can put our feet on the floor and a smile on our faces, that is a good day.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by katfish

My poor, wonderful grandma worried, cried and prayed her life away, constantly in concern, constantly fearful that the end was near, She was convinced of it...in 1950, 1960, 1970...

I firmly believe we need to be aware of possibilities and probabilities, and be aware. A bug-out bag is great. A bug-out life is misery.

There are so many things that can wipe us out. Personally I am more concerned about the amount of pharmaceutical drugs in our water supply (from people's urination and from improper disposal) than a comet.

You pays your money and you takes your chances.
Every day we can put our feet on the floor and a smile on our faces, that is a good day.

You are absolutely right.

I do not mention the Bible to throw fear into anyone. We CANNOT change what will happen. It is all in God's hands.

All we can do is prepare for the worse and hope for the best. That is all I wish to accomplish by warning people of what is coming. I wish for people go prepare as best they can, reconcile with God, and then go on with life.

Personally, I think the Rapture will occur before it gets REALLY bad.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What a bunch of crap. The OP doesn't qualify anything and says she pulled it out of her ass.

The truth is we are all waking up to our instincts and intuition. If bacterial DNA can teleport what do you think human beings are capable of?

We all chose to incarnate on earth now. You are exactly where you are supposed to be now and when the time comes you will all know what to do. It's been preordained planned and agreed to by you since before you were born.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

So many people here don't seem to be able to see the forest for the trees.

Look at the WHOLE picture people!

Yes, any of these events taken by themselves HAVE happened in the past and are not unusual.

The thing that is unusual is the timing ....... so many major things happening in such a close time frame has NEVER happened before.

Any student of the Bible knows what I am talking about.

We cannot know the exact hour, but we CAN know the time frame by following the signs.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Common Scarecrow because: spelling

Wow you absolutely have no understanding of history at all. There have been far more turbulent times than we are living in currently. I will help you out if you want to see a bunch of disasters in a very short period. Go do some research from 1890 through say about 1910 and tell me that our time now is more turbulent.

As for the bible reference and the end times. I will guantee you that every generation that has lived since Jesus died has said, "Oh my God look at all the signs...these must certainly be the end times."

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Right now we should be enjoying every minute with the people we love while in this dense 3D reality. Take the opportunity to reach out and touch someone. Express yourself physically with a hug. Look strangers in the eye and tell them with your eyes that you love them. Give a homeless person $5 without them having to ask. Buy a wino a 40. Tell your children you love them.

We live in the most exciting time in the history of earth. The skies are full of jealous ETs who didn't have the balls or divine privilege to be on earth. Most of all thank the earth for nurturing us while we have tortured her. Without earth none of this incredible journey would have been possible.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

That is amazing. Thank you.

And I will remember every word - - March 31st - - as I sit here watching the Pacific Ocean roll in.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You can prepare,worry about what's gonna happen next.
Then one day a semi-truck hits you in your car, and
BOOM,you are dead.
Doesn't matter,when or what time it comes,it will.
Enjoy,embrace,cherish your life as it is NOW.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
Here we are day after day after day out worrying about the end of the world and losing sleep at night while.......ATS owners are making millions of dollars off our fears. I'm starting to think that this site is "mostly staged" with people planted to disinform and spread fear.

Where is ATS making millions? ATS is advert driven.... meaning those video commercials pay for it to be up.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

Do all the 2.0's and 3.0's happening now in cali release pressure so a big quake won't happen? Someone argued that fact with me and it made sense. I wanted to know if there was an uptic in activity in cali and some people said no. Because I just started following EQ's I have no idea what the past history was. I see several EQ's a day happening in Cali. So.. I ask the question of you... is there an uptic? and .. do the little EQ's help release building pressure??

Great Great Thread... thank-you for all your hard work!!!

The idea that smaller EQ's release pressure is a pure myth. And small EQ's swarms don't necessarily mean that a large event is imminent either.

Look at this way, when the New Madrid unleashed 3 mag 7.0+ quakes back in 1811/1812, there were small swarms for months leading up to those events. Guess what has been happening in Arkansas now? The government isn't stupid they know a similar seismic event is coming......

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dearheart
Sad to say there is no information for my state (Indiana) for the link you recommended.

www.ready.(whatever state your in).gov

I remember the weekend after the Japan disaster there was an article in our local newspaper talking about how someone from Homeland Security will be taking a squad to southwest Indiana for an earthquake training exercise. nl.newsbank.com... (My local paper). Nothing like this (that I know of) has been talked about much until the Japan disaster. Real eye opener, and to combine the idea of the New Madrid going with all those pipes underneath, it's making me concerned.

Just real interesting and scary about how everything is coming about. I feel for everybody everywhere. So much is happening everywhere all at the same time. You don't know whether to prepare and wait, run for the hills, or just sit back because everything is going to be "okay". Earthquakes, rains and flooding, tsunamis, radiation, cosmic bodies we are trying to quickly understand, odd sounds happening around the world, compasses going crazy (though seem to be back to normal), volcanoes, wars, etc etc the list goes on. Like the chinese curse goes, "May you live in interesting times." Boy oh boy it's interesting alright.

I had a dream last year that I feel correlates to all of this but I am hesitant to say it, because as some will say, it's just a dream. But as more and more of these disasters occur, the more we should listen to our instincts. Me and my husband have already agreed that if we wake up or suddenly have a bad feeling that we should go, we're just going to run. Too much is happening now that I feel it is best to listen to what your instincts are telling you. Everything is skirting the edge for more horrible events to happen. Yet, if our instincts are wrong, then be glad!

I would ask you though, I am a mother and a wife. I have two children (7 and 9 and the 9 year old has Autism). We also live with Grandma. We are, as of now (and have been since the Japan incident really), preparing things together for if we get the sudden urge to "run" (and if stuff doesn't go flying into the fan like we feel, well then hey we are prepared and can go camping this year like we wanted to! Yay!). Our concern is where to go. As is we don't even want to stay here if can be, but where could one go right now? Is there a "safe-ish" area to be considering the current circumstances? Granted the Elenin (elinin, nibiru) cosmic body adds an odd twist to it all. What do you suggest is the best plan? Place to go? We've sort of been feeling towards Oklahoma.. what's your take?

I don't know about anyone else but I definitely feel the pull that this all isn't over and worse has yet to come.

Aside from the seven nuke plants in Pennsylvania(and an additional two deactivated)[odd thing really, we have more nuke plants then any other state and yet we pay the same for electricity as states that refuse to develop their own abilities to generate electricity], and as long as you don't live above coal mines= fairly safe.

No major earthquakes, No major tornado's, no major hurricanes, no major blizzards, no major flooding, no major wild fires and if Climate change is "real"= beach front property... The only downside is NY to the noth, NYC to the north east and NJ to the east and Ohio to the west.. And Delaware/Virginia to the south...

Actually there are many times I wished Pennsylvania would just leave the Union. The only good thing about the UN plan 21 or whatever is how boned people in states I loathe will be... While PA is in the nice safe spot.....

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Why do you "loathe" certain states? Seems like a strange over-generalization assuming you hate the land and not the citizens.

BTW, PA is a Commonwealth, not actually a state right? (Different Tort laws, alcohol regs., [no beer /wine sold in supermarket.
] insurance rules etc.)

Perhaps you'll get your wish.

edit on 30-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by korathin

Why do you "loathe" certain states? Seems like a strange over-generalization.

BTW, PA is a Commonwealth, not actually a state right? (Different Tort laws, alcohol regs., [no beer /wine sold in supermarket.
] insurance etc.)

Perhaps you'll get your wish.

Well don't get me wrong I met some great people from those states, it is just I loathe those states social culture and state governments. NY and NJ I loathe because I just can't stand the people(most) who migrated from those states to North East PA. Basically they are dumb democrat voters who voted in leftist's in their home states that raised taxes and made their home states unlivable(a lot of people in NEPA live here but commute to NY,NJ for work driving up local property values[see gentrification]). But as soon as they move here they vote for the same type of politicians and are ruining Pennsylvania. From my perspective it is almost like a genocide of native Pennsylvanians. Our way of life has been destroyed in the last 15 years.

As per State vs Commonwealth...... I prefer to use Commonwealth, but too many people ask too many annoying questions... so it's a bleh thing. Basically the difference between a "State" and a "Commonwealth" is the difference between being whipped and forced to go with the flow and volunteering going with the flow while sometimes flipping the middle finger at the Federal Government.

Basically means we have one foot out the door already(Pennsylvania is one of the few states that has special agreements with other nations[with consent of Congress of course....]). For awhile under Governor Rendell I thought we might actually become our own country, he spent a great deal of time emphasizing Independence in our Commonwealth motto: Virtue, Liberty, Independence. Either way interesting times...

www.americanchronicle.com...
standardspeaker.com...
www.facebook.com...
edit on 30-3-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join