It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is from someone who works in Emergency Management, lets see whats to come in 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Pennsylvania is the geatest Commonwealth in the Union! At least the part west of Harrisburg, everything else is technically New Jersey.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
Well don't get me wrong I met some great people from those states, it is just I loathe those states social culture and state governments. NY and NJ I loathe because I just can't stand the people(most) who migrated from those states to North East PA. Basically they are dumb democrat voters who voted in leftist's in their home states that raised taxes and made their home states unlivable

Nah, no wholesale broad stroke generalizations here.

As per State vs Commonwealth...... I prefer to use Commonwealth, but too many people ask too many annoying questions... so it's a bleh thing. Basically the difference between a "State" and a "Commonwealth" is the difference between being whipped and forced to go with the flow and volunteering going with the flow while sometimes flipping the middle finger at the Federal Government.

TRANSLATION: You don't really understand the distinction and are intimidated by those who ask.

A fun fact for you: In a commonwealth landowners do not possess mineral or oil rights to their land. They don't actually own their land but own its use. Plus as I mentioned TORT laws and insurance regs. Also a state is considered in equal standing as a Commonwealth under the constitution, there basically is no distinction. (Unlike Puerto Rico which is a Commonwealth but not entitled to voting rights.) Basically to US government the only distinction is how they are governed.

Your argument reminds me of the same one lobbed by Texans who are ALWAYS threatening to secede.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
reply to post by korathin

Pennsylvania is the geatest Commonwealth in the Union! At least the part west of Harrisburg, everything else is technically New Jersey.

Ha, Thats a good one

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Reading comprehension FAIL

If you notice I said that I work both on an ambulance as well as an EMA office. That means when I am in the EMA office, I do the same thing as you.

The fact that you cannot comprehend what I said makes me very, very scared for all the poor folks in your EMA jurisdiction. If you can't get what I am saying in a few measly posts on a message board, what in the world is going to happen during an MCI?

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Dear guy on ambulance,
I work in a command center for an entire region of the country. I am not too sure how much information a person who is an ambulance or even the person who owns the ambulance company would receive the information I receive on a daily basis. I talk with liaison people and logistics people though the USGS, National Weather Service and NOAA, even the military and national gaurd units all the time plus countless other government agencies....We update fire departments, police and city officials, and sometimes hospitals. For the most part you work with emergency management not for emergency management by being a police, fire, or emt.....I don’t intend to sound mean but stick to what you know in terms of trauma and other parts of being an emt, I will stick to what i know with preparing the public and responders to a disaster and telling you where to go.

edit on 30-3-2011 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

So, you'll respond to this post with a one liner, but won't respond to the other "serious" posts that have been directed at you? Seems pretty lame considering this is your thread.

So, again I ask you how long have you been working at your current position? For other comments and questions, you can refer to my earlier posts.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick
[more
Just so you know, the OP is reluctant to respond to direct questions about many things. I badgered OP for days over some things he/she said in another forum.

Sad.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Hmmm, won't respond to direct questioning? He must be a high level government employee! I'm thinking he might be an SES or even a Cabinet member.

If you're not going to respond to critics then why post or create controversial threads? Again, seems lame.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't worry so much about the flooding because that is something that is well planned for in advance of the rivers cresting. In St. Paul they have been working on this for weeks now. link

I worry more about earthquakes because they seem to come out of the blue and are so damaging. Even hurricanes are predicted but until they actually get closer to land it's hard to say what they will do. As far as the rest of the events that may come, I guess there isn't much one can really do. That's what is a bit frightening to me because it's something that is an unknown, for example the pole shift, immense solar flares and gravitational pulls from the planetary bodies people have spoken of here. I'll take flooding any day to the other scenarios.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
double post
edit on 30-3-2011 by queenofsheba because: double post

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I do believe your friend is trying to help us prepare for what we already know that is coming. I wanted to post here so that those of you who are not in New York, as for some it is the center of the universe, still trying to figure that one out. I digress, last year during the flu seasons worst time, here in New York, Queens in Jamaica *state funded hospital* the hospital actually had people in hazmat suits as it looked, head to toe coverage and the hospital ER had been broken up into what is best described as what you would see as a MASH unit in war, then there was the other side. You had to line up and the staff took your symptoms and decided where you were headed.
Since that time we have had at least 4 hospitals, all very needed and all in unique places such as the village and poorer sections of NYC forcing patients to seek care elsewhere at a hospital either very far away or less caring with their staff. The staff that have been released from the hospitals shut down here are under gag orders from what I have been told and I have a friend who is a lead EMT that said very similar things as your friend did last week.
He works for Queens Hosp, formally known as Booth Memorial. Oh yeah, if you come here and need a hospital go to Mt. Sinai or Queens Hospital. At least you know the staff washes their hands because they do it in front of you and you do not have to ask.
I have a neuro-autoimmune condition that there are times I have to go to the hospital whether I want to or not.

Ainge

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Oh yeah, one other add on, about 7 months ago, NYC started handing out pamphlets to survive in an emergency to all their patients. Just a point to ponder, they know what is up, they just think we are too blind to see or question.

Ainge

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I will not discuss this any further now that I have been informed that people are trying to find exactly where I work and who I work for.

I will comment on one thing though, believe me or don't believe me, but I do deal with many government agencies, and many private agencies, and they are all getting prepared for something. This is something more than just a normal HSPD-5 drill.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Of course, now that you have been discovered to be a fraud...run away.

Again, I also deal with various gov't agencies and have not heard even a portion of your wild claims. Next month there is a UFO convention close to me and local EMS agencies are staging a motor vehicle accident (car vs UFO).
It is a PR stunt, that does not mean they are preparing for anything.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Seriously?
You start threads with an alarmist slant, you make generalizations, then when I (and others) just want a little fact-checking, you run?

If you are serious, stand up and just answer the questions. I am not attacking you. I just want the questions you put out there answered.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A someone who works in Emergency Preparedness, I call total bunk on this.

Your confusing the role of government with your local $5 psychic.

The role of the government isn't to predict what will happen, it is to prepare for scenarios, most of which have already occurred.
The third part is working on coordination.
Everything else is handled spontaneously by a respective agency. There are no agencies that sit there and prepare for every single diaster, much less predict them.

Earthquakes can't be predicted with any certainty. Much less say, oh there will be an 8.5 in spring.

Stop the fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I hope that everyone who gave this "Dude" 76 flags and 53 stars is happy. A person posts un-actionable intelligence, refuses to answer even the most simple of questions and then states that he provided everyone with all the information they need. Oh, yeah, he's more than credible.

Well, he set out to do what he wanted. He caused fear, panic, confusion and received a lot of stars and flags from the sheeple that dwell within this site!

Has anyone ever considered that this very website could be the true CIA psyop? Not saying it is, but if I worked for a three letter government agency, I certainly would consider using such a site to gauge people's reactions.

By the way, a co-worker mentioned that we should prepare for something big this summer. That's all I can say and I pray for each one of you. I urge each and every one of you to grab your bug out bags and leave the cities now before it's too late. I can't say anymore...they're coming....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
By the way, a co-worker mentioned that we should prepare for something big this summer. That's all I can say and I pray for each one of you. I urge each and every one of you to grab your bug out bags and leave the cities now before it's too late. I can't say anymore...they're coming....

AGREED!

BTW, I know where there is an ATM machine spitting out fresh $100 bills without a PIN # but unfortunately I cant tell you where it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You most certainly need to go back to the basics of emergency management.......We mitigate hazards all the time....All the time.....We not only prepare, but we also look for potential threats and try to minimize the hazard....I am sick of many of you who work in local government emergency agencies saying you understand what I when you recieve information about threats then act.

Just because you got on FEMA's website.took a Independent study or NIMS course does not mean that you even slightly understand what I do on a daily basis.

Also, I do take opinions from ATS and incorporate them in mitigation....I recently received high regards to writing a report about a possible tidal bore from a supermoon and other lunar forces that can effect floods and flood conditions...Where do you think I got that idea from..... Leave it to someone like me to make theories which people do listen too, and I will leave it to you to sandbag a dike on a levee.

I do not work in any sort of operations level emergency management, I am more of a planner. So firefighters, emts, police officers, other local and even some state EMA's, stop criticizing something you know nothing about I have taught classes to many fire chiefs, local emergency planners, mayors,and others about threats that many communities face but never even knew about.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009

Of course, now that you have been discovered to be a fraud...run away.

Again, I also deal with various gov't agencies and have not heard even a portion of your wild claims. Next month there is a UFO convention close to me and local EMS agencies are staging a motor vehicle accident (car vs UFO).
It is a PR stunt, that does not mean they are preparing for anything.

Or maybe I made another post.....I do not need to prove anything to anyone, I face peoples opinions in every thread....I have learned not to respond to all of them because most of you do not know much about anything with regards to what I know

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
high ground,period.

inevitably water will hit us ,coastlines holding the majority of humanity will be inundated in a quick wash.

Major river systems will see massive and incredible flooding.

Just go inland and up and dont think its like pack a picnic basket and jump in the car,you need to relocate your family and their lives well in advance which means now.

Or have a preplanned emergency route out of town and remember there will be millions like you a lot of people know how to jump ship they are just a little late in the when department,you want to be one of the first rats off the sinking ship.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join