It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY would they help us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There are a few reasons in think Alien life has a vested intrest in our well being.

- ETs who have been visiting us would have an intelligence that we would not be able to comprehend. This in turn could give them a true understanding of what life is, how rare a species like us are or are not.
- If they had something to do with our creation of course they would want to over see us , like a parent oversees there child. Guideing us in the right direction and trying to stray us away from harm.
- The human species has great potential but we have not scratched the surface of what we can achieve.

I dont see they swooping down to save the day like a fictional superhero , but hinting us clues to achieve our goals. Our Leaders would be the ones who would most likely have contact with these beings and if they are wise will listen and take what they are trying to tell un into consideration.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's really had enough sifting through anti-humanity drivel. It's the easy way out to just blame and throw your hands in the air saying we are disgusting parasite not worthy of redemption. The current climate of the world definitely promotes pessimism and defeatism. But I don't think we are about to get wiped off the face of the galactic map anytime soon. All that energy would be better placed seeking solutions than it would be moaning and complaining.

I understand our planet has been hijacked by lunatics, but that doesn't mean it needs to stay that way.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I MUST SAY YOUR POV IS AWESOME

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I can only ask this question presuming that ETs visited earth all thoes years ago and helped the ancient Egyptians.

Why would any intersteller space traveling alien with advanced technology be remotly interested in earth?

Unless they have some deep ties with humanity that made us as we are today. And i dont mean they made us violent, greedy, selfish, stubborn, But maybe they gave us knowledge and answers that they themselves once pondered, knowing what it is like to not know answers.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkererJimI remember asking similar question watching Discovery Channel, "Why doesn't the photographer help the poor gazelle from the cheetah?"

Because the cheetah got nukes?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Extraterrestrials haven't helped any other civilization from collapse (Roman empire, Mayan, Inca) so why should they help our global corrupt system?

I'd guess they are waiting through the eons for humans to establish themselves a stable and enlightened civilization before they make open contact or step in to help. They are probably watching other species on other planets go through the same growing pains too.

As long as our current paradigm stays the same, they will always remain a mystery and occasionally manifest as a ball of light or shiny disc only to vanish moments later

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by TinkererJimI remember asking similar question watching Discovery Channel, "Why doesn't the photographer help the poor gazelle from the cheetah?"

Because the cheetah got nukes?

and that's important because....?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wtf1is1happening

Thank you. It's really sad and a bit silly in many ways. We have achieved so much as a species, to only look at our flaws and mistakes is both ignorant and foolish.

What infuriates me more is the spin that people put on it, like they're being "humanistic" and moral by pointing out mankind's mistakes. No. Just no.

And it's a whole other can of worms to incorporate E.T into this like, as I said, we have any basis to judge the viewpoint of an alien species we can't even prove exists. Let alone their biochemistry, thought processes, or perspectives.

It's just really, really, REALLY silly.
edit on 28-3-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join