It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Information Within the Biblical Genealogy in Genesis Reveals a Hidden Story

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
From Adam to Noah a story is told by the names in the genealogy. The video below gives the complete description. This is very interesting stuff. I have provided links to definitions, because they add even more depth to the meaning drawing from the video. This makes me want to research other genealogies in the Bible. It's probible that there is hidden information all over the Bible.

Adam means MAN LINK

Seth mean appointed LINK

Enosh means Non-recoverable LINK

Kenan means to purchase or aquire LINK

Mahalalel means to the praise of God LINK

Jared means He shall come down LINK

Enoch means dedicating or initiating LINK

Methuselah means His death shall bring LINK

Lamech means humiliation LINK

Noah means comfort and rest LINK

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I had heard of this before,thank-you for posting
it.I wonder what kind of message there would be
if the same was done to His entire geneology.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have never heard of this before. Star and Flag for you. I believe the Holy Bible contains many, many secrets. Thats why you have to "study to show thyself approved unto God". If you study something and know it to be fact it is much harder to be led astray.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thats awesome, I really wish I knew Gods true word and not out of a book twisted by man but whats he really wants of us. Sadly I guess we will never really know for sure until we are face to face with him.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
Thats awesome, I really wish I knew Gods true word and not out of a book twisted by man but whats he really wants of us. Sadly I guess we will never really know for sure until we are face to face with him.

How true. The Bible is not approached correctly. It is not the Word of God, yet, paradoxically, it is the word of God in an imperfect reality. Are you shocked I say that?

In reality, Christ is the true Word of God as stated in John 1. The Bible is only a reflection of both man and God together, as in a dimly lit mirror.

1 Corinthians 13:12-13
12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

This point is missed on nearly the entire world and represents the truth an atheist needs to hear. A non-believer sees only his reflection in the mirror and misses God altogether. Why? He is blinded by his selfish spirit and ignores God in the reflection. He's too busy looking at his love for himself to see the one who made him standing right there alongside. The irony here is that God is LOVE. Faith, hope and love are what God offers from the other side of the reflection.

We (mankind) produce a horrible image in the mirror, but God suffers us within his image anyway. We are made within His image as imperfect reflections of Him, so it stands to reason our rendering in the biblical reflection will be a historical depiction of our own imperfect image next to God's perfect image. If we were perfect, we would be Him and the Bible would be the perfect word reflected by our own perfection. We cannot be His perfection apart from entering the reflection back to God alongside Christ.

Suppose God made us in a perfect image of Himself. He cannot make Himself in perfection or it would be a perfect copy of Himself. He can only be one, not two. We can only be an imperfect reflection of Him as an image which is less than Him. How imperfect did he choose us to be? All the way from chaos. This is the process of drawing us closer in a temporal reality where consciousness defies entropy. The universe decays as we climb closer to God in defiance of the material world's love of darkness. The unbeliever makes the choice to follow entropy back to the darkness. The believer seeks the light against the flow of a raging stream. Its a struggle to keep faith, hope and love alive. Revelation proclaims to the believer, "OVERCOME!"

This is a sad aspect of religion. God can be seen in pieces anywhere man is present in the world, but religion holds truth as something of a pride issue with its supposed perfect theology and dogma. God is the only truth, period. We are filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). Look at Buddha, Confucius, Muhammad, Krishna, American Indians and so on. If you look, God is there and each of them are filthy rags like all of us. Works are not enough. Christ paid the price to bring us fully back to God by Grace, God's unmerited favor.

I love Hermetic philosophy from Egypt. The Corpus Hermeticum reveals some hidden aspects of God. The Dhammapad is ripe with insight. The Discourses of Rumi are astounding. God is everywhere you look, yet so is imperfection and untruth. This is the Divine paradox. The Bible and all the other reflections of truth that have touched the hand of man will be imperfect and dimly lit. This is why Christ said the true path is in the middle (narrow). God is not the exoteric church and he is not the esoteric new age magic. God is in the middle--the narrow path between all you think you are seeing in the illusion. In my humble opinion, God will not be found in perfection here on Earth except within the life of His true Word--Jesus Christ.

Here is a quote from the Corpus Hermeticum:

8. Then said Poemander unto me, Dost thou understand this vision, and what it meaneth? I shall know, said I. Then said he, I am that Light, the Mind, thy God, who am before that moist nature that appeared out of darkness; and that bright and lightful Word from the mind is the Son of God.

Did Hermes know of the Son of God and that He was the WORD? A dogmatic Christian will say no. I say, stop looking at yourself in the mirror. A mirror cannot reflect itself, only what it sees. We are only the witness, not the judge.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Sadly we will never find out any of its real big secrets. The Bible at a point could have had over 6,000 books, but the Church said that a bunch of them weren't inspired by God (Who are they to say?) so they burned them all..

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Beautifully and wonderfully spoken-
Star for you my friend

Some of the most eloquent words on this matter I've ever read/heard.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hmm.. whatever.

It was interesting none the less.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

This point is missed on nearly the entire world and represents the truth an atheist needs to hear. A non-believer sees only his reflection in the mirror and misses God altogether. Why? He is blinded by his selfish spirit and ignores God in the reflection. He's too busy looking at his love for himself to see the one who made him standing right there alongside. The irony here is that God is LOVE. Faith, hope and love are what God offers from the other side of the reflection.

Sorry but that's just crap..
Because I don't believe in God I'm selfish and self obsessed??
Some of the kindest and most modest people on the planet are atheists..
Love doesn't depend on belief in a God, neither does charity..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

That was beautiful Superiored,I hope to find more of your post on here!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by typwar

unless you are referring to books that I have never heard of , there are copies of the lost books of the bible, including the book of adam and eve, enoch, and many others. in fact there are some faiths that still have them in their bibles.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well said, but pleasing God does depend on three things: Faith, Hope and Love. 1 Corinthians 13 and John chapter 3 are all anyone needs to find salvation from the material world. Entropy will take all you know and love in this material world and leave it in a heap of decay. Consciousness can rise against this flow back toward the source of it all. Faith, hope and love are the answers. Leave any one of these out and you might as well plan on missing the point of it all. Love is not enough by itself.

Originally posted by backinblack

Sorry but that's just crap..
Because I don't believe in God I'm selfish and self obsessed??
Some of the kindest and most modest people on the planet are atheists..
Love doesn't depend on belief in a God, neither does charity..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Sure. Well said. The book of Adam and Eve, for instance, tells us why God allowed the fall of man.

Ch. 13:13

For I knew thou shouldest sin and transgress, and come out into this land. Yet would I not force thee, nor be heard upon thee, nor shut up; nor doom thee through thy fall; nor through thy coming out from light into darkness; nor yet through thy coming from the garden into the land.

Why did he allow Satan to tempt? It was all in the plan to teach us and destroy Satan through justice and righteousness. Our accuser is Satan, God is our advocate, we are the witness. Don't implicate yourself in the crime. That's living life for the good of God.

13:18

Had I not been and spoken to thee, O Adam, concerning the tree, and had I left thee without a commandment, and thou hadst sinned--it would have been an offense on My part, for not having given thee any order; thou wouldst turn round and blame Me for it. 19 But I commanded thee, and warned thee, and thou didst fall. So that My creatures cannot blame me; but the blame rests on them alone.

--

Apart from the fall, man would not be able to reason with logic about degrees of difference like good and evil. Apart from experiencing a climb from chaos back to perfection, no education can take place. We are only automatons in a created reality of perfection apart from our education. What fun or benefit is that for us? Confucius says, "I hear, I forget. I see, I remember. I do, I understand." The love of God comes to us through the pain of living out the story of our education. Do I behave like a child and argue with the education? Do I just accept it? The third way is to fight back to the place of glory against the flow of a fallen world. God wants this from us. Blog Post for more...

The Glory of man and the good pleasure of God is that we do fight against this flow to return back to the Spirit. If not, you return to a birth in the water--flesh. Transmigration of the soul is coming back to Earth. Until the soul is also born again in the spirit, you return to the water. John ch. 3 tells this. Hell will be this Earth after man is finished with it. Do you really want to come back? What are we leaving behind by denying the flesh and looking toward the perfect reflection of God? Nothing. God makes this existence worth living if you follow him. Otherwise, what you can get here is your only reward. I say to the atheist, Is it really worth it?

Originally posted by infojunkie2
reply to post by typwar

unless you are referring to books that I have never heard of , there are copies of the lost books of the bible, including the book of adam and eve, enoch, and many others. in fact there are some faiths that still have them in their bibles.

edit on 28-3-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

MAN appointed
Non-recoverable to purchase or aquire to the praise of God
He shall come down dedicating or initiating,
His death shall bring humiliation,comfort and rest

this is strange if you put all the meaning together,can someone find the meaning of this

edit on 03/12/2012 by R3MYxISxBRUTAL because: for got to include

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Yay, you're taking singular definitions...and I've debunked this one ages ago.

Adam means man (this is the one part that's always right in these things)
Seth means compensation...or buttock
Enosh means man
Kenan means possession
Mahalalel means "praise of god"
Jared means descent
Enoch means dedicated (conjugation matters dammit)
Now, Methuselah is where things get funny, it means "man of the dart"
Lamech means "powerful", sort of the opposite of 'humiliation'
Noah does mean rest.

So...the sentence spells out:

Man
Compensation/buttock
Man
Possession
Praise of god
Descent
Dedicated
"man of the dart"
Powerful
Rest

So you're wrong.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

S&F! I believe the entire story goes all the way to Mathew, it's been about 5 years since I heard of this discovery. Hope you'll be able to find more.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

And yet you ignore the post that's right there that clearly shows how wrong this 'discovery' is. I mean, some of the definitions aren't even close.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The links I provided are accurate Hebrew meanings from a historically accurate source. The meanings are more than the noun or verb usage that you can hunt up. The meaning is also carried in the lives of each biblical figure listed. The implication tells the overall story of man, the fall and Christ redeeming man from the fall. It is accurate, as verified by the links provided. If you bother to read, you will see it clearly.

Examine the very first link of the thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have seen videos like this and they all seem to wrap it all up nice and neat if your not paying attention.

He (God) came down
(Jared)---deticated to
the mission and
initiating mans salvation.

That line seems to confuse issues as they are written in other versions of this story.

From the works of the pseudepigrapha "Enoch the prophet" we are told that Jared, (Yared) was a patriarch in the line of Seth, thru adam. During this time, as he ruled this heavenly abode, there was a revolution secretly underway whereby a third of the angels made a pact to go down to earth the take wives and have children on earth.

So it was during the time when Jared was in charge that things fell apart in heaven. and we have the fall of the angels, and the corruption of Cain's liniage..........(that would be us)............. It is stories such as these which will fly in the face of the theories put forth by that vid. Still, and interesting vid anyway.

An example of how the story of the angel descent is written can be read at this link, chapter 6.

Book of Enoch

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
The links I provided are accurate Hebrew meanings from a historically accurate source.

Really? Because it just seems to me like a reference free web source, while I'm citing Strong's concordance...which is quite possibly the most trusted source on Biblical Hebrew. Now, my source is quite good, I'm just pointing out that there are multiple definitions for each word including the possible "buttock" for Seth.

The meanings are more than the noun or verb usage that you can hunt up.

So...the word meanings are more than the words themselves....so definitions are useless...
Listen, I'm using a Christian resource here. It's not like I'm on some fringe website.

The meaning is also carried in the lives of each biblical figure listed.

How was Methuselah a "man of the dart"?

Oh, and several of the people listed are mentioned only once in the Bible, in a single genealogy. Their lives aren't documented within the text (separately, there is absolutely no evidence any of them existed).

The implication tells the overall story of man, the fall and Christ redeeming man from the fall. It is accurate, as verified by the links provided. If you bother to read, you will see it clearly.

Um...did you not read your own sources? On Methuselah:

Jones' Dictionary of Old Testament Proper Names reads When He Is Dead It Shall Be Sent. NOBS Study Bible Name List reads Man of a Javelin. Perhaps less dramatic is Man With A Mission.

Three definitions, one incredibly similar to the one I cited...hey look, you're just cherry-picking definitions. The one on Seth even lists the buttock thing.

Examine the very first link of the thread.

I examined the links, they don't verify your points.

So again, you're wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join