It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Biblical Prophecies Fulfilled or close to fulfillment w/ Links

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
First let me start by saying that my intention is not to fear monger. Nor am I a particular Doomsday'er - but I think we can all admit that something mysterious and unexplained is starting to happen in the world.

I don’t necessarily believe all the Bible has to say, but I decided to start researching the End of Times prophecies that many do believe in. My intention was to search out and see if I could make some recent connections to what the Bible says should be prelude to the Apocalypse.

What follows is a fairly complete list of different Biblical prophecies that I have researched and linked for you to read. I believe knowledge is power, and at the very least after you read this thread you should have a good understanding of current events!

Some of you will undoubtedly find some of the links and quotations offensive – for this I apologize in advance. The intent is not to smear but to provide context for the given prophecy.

After reading this thread, I Impore all of you to do some research and see if you can link more prophecies to current events, or find evidence to refute them!

I always welcome intelligent and civil discouse - if you have your own theories or thoughts, please share them!

Matthew 24:11 "And many false prophets will arise, and will mislead many."

John of God From Brazil
(Probably the latest so called 'healer' and 'prophet')

"The Big List" Of False Prophets And Their False Prophecies About "The End"
---------

Matthew 24:8-9 "But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs. Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations on account of my name."

Persecution.org list of Christians being Persecuted

Muslim Extremists Torch Churches in Ethiopia

Christians in prison, beaten in Saudi Arabia

Christians Face Trial For Blasphemy in Iran

Christian in Bangladesh Goes to Prison for Evangelism

Failed Bomb Blasts in Jos Nigeria as Genocide of Christians Continues
---------

Matthew 24:7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes."

Middle East and North Africa Unrest

Unrest: Middle East and North Africa, country by country

Major Recent Earthquakes
Magnitude 6.8 MYANMAR March 24, 2011
Magnitude 6.6 OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN March 22, 2011
Magnitude 6.3 VANUATU March 17, 2011
Magnitude 9.0 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN March 11, 2011
Magnitude 5.4 MYANMAR-CHINA BORDER REGION March 10, 2011
Magnitude 6.5 NEW BRITAIN REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA March 09, 2011
Magnitude 7.2 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN March 09, 2011
Magnitude 6.6 SOLOMON ISLANDS March 07, 2011
Magnitude 6.5 SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS REGION March 06, 2011
Magnitude 4.7 ARKANSAS February 28, 2011
Magnitude 6.3 SOUTH ISLAND OF NEW ZEALAND February 21, 2011
Magnitude 4.1 ARKANSAS February 18, 2011
Magnitude 6.6 OFFSHORE MAULE, CHILE February 14, 2011
Magnitude 6.8 OFFSHORE BIO-BIO, CHILE February 11, 2011
Magnitude 6.5 CELEBES SEA February 10, 2011
Magnitude 7.2 SOUTHWESTERN PAKISTAN January 18, 2011
Magnitude 7.0 LOYALTY ISLANDS January 13, 2011
Magnitude 6.6 VANUATU January 09, 2011
Magnitude 4.1 NORTHERN CALIFORNIA January 08, 2011
Magnitude 7.1 ARAUCANIA, CHILE January 02, 2011
Magnitude 7.0 SANTIAGO DEL ESTERO, ARGENTINA January 01, 2011

Map of Recent Global Quakes
---------

Matthew 24:6 "And you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end."

Rumors of wars in all areas of the world now occur frequently thanks to instant media coverage and the availability of a multitude of 24-hour news sources.
More people have been killed in warfare in this century than at any other time in history. As the death toll rises in the Middle East, more and more countries work feverishly to develop devastating weapons of mass destruction. Add to that the expanding threat of terrorism and unpredictable dictators the potential for the outbreak of war exists in nations, kingdoms and places across the globe.

The War In Iraq

The War in Afghanistan

Libya: Operation Odyssey Dawn

List of Current Global Conflicts
---------

I Timothy 4:1-3 "But the spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons. By means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth."

Churches today are becoming more and more ecumenical, embracing the New Age interfaith agenda, and denying Christ as the only way to salvation. Giving in to the politically correct media and a corrupt society, they have embrace homosexuality as an acceptable alternate lifestyle and preach tolerance and compromise in place of God's truth for the salvation of the world. The environmentalist movement within the New Age movement lures them into a worship of mother earth, belief in past lives, reincarnation, and Karma while demonizing all those who would eat the meat God gave us as nourishment for our bodies.

Judge strikes down Prop. 8, allows gay marriage in California [Updated]
(Despite California Residents winning TWO Consecutive Majority votes to Ban same-sex marriage, Judge overturns anyway)

'Don't ask, don't tell' is repealed by Senate; bill awaits Obama's signing

Episcopal Church leaders vote to allow ordination of homosexual bishops

Pastor loses job after questioning hell's existence
---------

Ezekiel 38:2,4,8 "Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him. I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them splendidly attired, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them wielding swords. After many days you will be summoned; in the latter years you will come into the land that is restored from the sword, whose inhabitants have been gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel which had been a continual waste; but its people were brought out from the nations, and they are living securely, all of them."

In order for some end time events to occur Russia will have to be a strong nation with a strong military.

Break down of why they think Russia is the best candidate for this prophecy

Russia to purchase 600 Billion in Arms sales
(Link to original article inside forum article)
---------

Hosea 4: The LORD Accuses Israel

Hear the word of the LORD, O children of Israel,
for the LORD has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land.
There is no faithfulness or steadfast love,
and no knowledge of God in the land;
There is swearing, lying, murder, stealing, and committing adultery;
they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed.
Therefore the land mourns,
and all who dwell in it languish,
and also the beasts of the field
and the birds of the heavens,
and even the fish of the sea are taken away.

Updated List Of Animal Die-Offs by ducq iapetus
(*HUGE* List with Sources)

Terrorist Attacks in Israel
Fury and shock in Jerusalem as bomb attack shatters seven years of peace

List of Attacks on Israel / Jerusalem
Johnston Archive

ADL.org Israel Attacks

Terror back in Jerusalem as tensions rise in and outside of Israel
---------

Sixth Seal: There are earthquakes and natural disasters. (6:12-17)
Celestial Happenings and Major Earthquakes

Are we in the midst of the Sixth Seal as we speak???

2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami (9.0 Japanese Disaster)

Super Perigee Moon
---------

REBUILDING OF THE TEMPLE, RESTORATION OF TEMPLE WORSHIP AND ANIMAL SACRIFICES IN JERUSALEM

For several end time prophecies to be fulfilled, the temple will have to be rebuilt.

Revelation 11:2 "Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the oly city for forty-two months."

Daniel 9:27 "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolation, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."

Daniel 9:26 "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary."

Some archeologists believe that the temple mount is actually 340 feet south of the Dome of the Rock site, putting the Dome of the Rock within the Court of the Gentiles. This may be the court outside the temple that is left out.
There are many groups already working on preparations for the new temple. The blueprints are already done, the temple garments have been made, and there have already been attempts to lay the cornerstone of the temple. The only thing standing in the way of the construction of the new temple is Islam's third holiest site, the Dome of the Rock and government support for such an undertaking. Some possible scenarios for the rebuilding of the temple are as follows:

1. The persuasion and performing of miracles by the Antichrist and False Prophet convinces the Islamic world to approve the rebuilding.

2. The United Nations will negotiate the rebuilding of the temple following a war with the armies from the North (Russia and Islamic forces). This assumes that the war with the armies from the North is not the battle of Armageddon as some feel and that this attack occurs before the rapture or tribulation period begins. The supernatural destruction of the Russian army and Islamic forces will cause an outpouring of Christian worship and zeal amongst the Jewish people who will reconstruct the temple.

War in Libya perhaps? With China (EAST) and Russia strongly condemning the attacks and with Russia currently building up their arms, this is starting to look possible.

3. It is determined that the site of the first two temples is actually south of the Dome of the Rock, and the court of the gentiles (Dome of the Rock) will be left out of the 3rd temple.

A group in Israel called the Temple Mount Faithful
have obtained most of the clothing, instruments and other equipment required for temple worship and are actively preparing for the laying of the third temple's cornerstone.

Most of these Prophecies and External text were sourced directly from Conteder Ministries website

Again, if you have more sources, feelings, thoughts, evidence, please link / list them here. A part of me believes that this HAS to be more then coincidence, but then again...its a big world with lots of variance. My personal opinion is, as the signs become more evident and as we aproach 2012 it is time (if you're not already) to get right with God.
edit on 25-3-2011 by zeeon because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
People will point out that many of these signs are ambiguous, because they happen frequently on a smaller scale.
In my opinion, the one to watch out for is Revelation ch6 v8; war in conjunction with famine and pestilence, bringing death over a quarter of the earth (or a quarter of the earth's population?).
That would be something radically new.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to put all this together

Should be an interesting read.

link   
Matthew 24:7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes."

Matthew 24:6 "And you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end."

These are so vague that they can be applied to any time in history, maybe it was written that way for that very reason.

link   
another example of how people who take the bible by heart are insane......might be a good time to pick up a non-fiction book instead of all the fiction you have been reading

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

I have to agree with DISRAELI, too much of that can be said about any period in time really. Nothing that could really be specific to our current time.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

These are so vague that they can be applied to any time in history, maybe it was written that way for that very reason.

Thats true, and I won't argue that. I will counter that never before have we, as a society been so interconnected and witnessed such a united uproar against governments and dictatorships like we are currently witnessing now with the middle east.

I tend to think that back 1000 years ago, nobody would have known when nations would rise up against each other because back then nobody had the technology to communicate that. This is another reason why I think that Matthew 24:6 and 7 might be more relevant today then they were in the past.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
another example of how people who take the bible by heart are insane......might be a good time to pick up a non-fiction book instead of all the fiction you have been reading

Not disagreeing with anything you said but I used to work in a library and all religious text are classified as non-fiction 200.0 - 299.0. Crazy I know but it's true.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I may not agree with everything you say, but I'm gonna give you a s&f for sheer effort and research.. These type of posts are the reason I joined ats, plenty of links and evidence to back your claim..

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

Why do you feel the need to insult me? You don't know anything about me. If you don't have anything to contribute then don't post at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

True, and I think the one thing to watch out for will be a new Plague or virus that manages to wipe out significant amounts of the population. That would truly be fightening.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon

Originally posted by mileslong54

Thats true, and I won't argue that. I will counter that never before have we, as a society been so interconnected and witnessed such a united uproar against governments and dictatorships like we are currently witnessing now with the middle east.

I tend to think that back 1000 years ago, nobody would have known when nations would rise up against each other because back then nobody had the technology to communicate that. This is another reason why I think that Matthew 24:6 and 7 might be more relevant today then they were in the past.

Fair enough, I see where your coming from. I appriciate the effort put into the post. I believe in God and Jesus but I also believe that much of the Bible was rewritten for the purpose of control through fear as it reads that way to me. Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Trouble is, you could argue the same for amost every decade of the last 2 thousand years. I mean, when was the last time we went a few weeks without earthquakes and volcanoes and wars and persecution of religious groups and people claiming to be the saviour?

edit on 25-3-2011 by Essan because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

It's awesome that you are privy to such knowledge as to know all things. Tell me how exactly do you know the Bible is fiction? I really need to meet and shake the hand of the person who has accomplished something that noone else in history has been able to do, that's prove the Bible wrong.
It's a pleasure to write to you.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by zeeon

Trouble is, you could argue the same for amost every decade of the last 2 thousand years. I mean, when was the last time we went a few weeks without earthquakes and volcanoes and wars and persecution of religious groups and people claiming to be the saviour?

edit on 25-3-2011 by Essan because: typo

But all at relatively the same time? I see what your driving at, and again I can't dispute that...my intention was to just investigate some of the claims and link some evidence that may support said prophecy. I do think that there is certainly some significance with current events and some of the prophecies I quoted though.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

You're very welcome!

I hope you enjoy the links provided

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yea I agree with the other poster, and why are even here trolling the thread about someones personal view of the bible. Just read the thread and discuss the knowledge posted, no need to mock the poster personally and I don't know where you have been but this topic is really popular worldwide considering theres about 6 different shows on 3 different networks (among other things) about such topics.
As for the original post, looks really good thanks for all the research and links. I Look foward to reading this!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

What about the non violent muslims? Just wondering...

also I felt the need to edit and add, they are persecuting christians, but what is a christian really? I know so few christians who actually even attemp to follow the christ like life of love and forgivness, So yes I would say the prophecies are true in the sense that those who love and want peace are being persecuted
edit on 25-3-2011 by strawberry91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nytepixels

Yea I agree with the other poster, and why are even here trolling the thread about someones personal view of the bible. Just read the thread and discuss the knowledge posted, no need to mock the poster personally and I don't know where you have been but this topic is really popular worldwide considering theres about 6 different shows on 3 different networks (among other things) about such topics.
As for the original post, looks really good thanks for all the research and links. I Look foward to reading this!

No problem, hope you enjoy the reading. Lots of information to pour through for sure. I think the most startling of all the prophecies in my humble opinion is the Sixth Seal coincidence. It's not verbatim as in Revelations - but it is unique in that the two listed events (A Celestial event and a huge Earthquake) happened within 5 days of each other.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm sure there is a biblical prophecy that says immediately before the end comes, Damascus will be destroyed.
Well things are getting pretty dodgy in Syria right now. Maybe this is the start of the end.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join