It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Biblical Prophecies Fulfilled or close to fulfillment w/ Links

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
to deniers, I would suggest that the return of Israel as a nation in 1948 is strong evidence of the truth of Bible prophecy. never in history has a people in exile returned to its land of origin and be revived.

as I recall, when the Berlin Wall and the iron curtain fell, there was optimistic talk of a peaceful age-of-aquarius New World Order. there have been times in our history (League of Nations, UN) where there was confidence of world peace. hasn't happened.

thanks for the research.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I watched a show last night about end time prophecies and they pointed out (in addition to what many have said about the vagueness of many of the "signs") that there is a self fulfilling element to the prophecies.

In other words, there are people who believe in these prophecies going out of their way to ensure we actually do have war in the Middle east. LOTS of people trying with all they have and are to make a war in that area.

So I dont know how in the light of that you could take any "sign" too seriously.

Its not like this is all unfolding, people are trying to FORCE it to happen so you really cant say "oooooo how eerie" when it does.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
to deniers, I would suggest that the return of Israel as a nation in 1948 is strong evidence of the truth of Bible prophecy. never in history has a people in exile returned to its land of origin and be revived.

People who believed in the Bible MADE that happen. Its not like it randomly and spontaneously happened all on its own.

Using that as proof of the truth of Biblical prophecy is like my opening a door and then saying "whoa! did you see that door open?" and pretending a ghost did it.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I will not say just yet that these are the signs of the "end times" just because like others have said, there have always been wars, famine, earthquakes, etc, but I will give you a star and flag for a well written and sourced post.

I have been wondering for the last couple of years myself whether or not we are in the "end times" and personally have a feeling we are, but that is just a feeling like I said. As a "Christian" ,or as I like to call myself a "Believer" just because it seems everyone is calling themselves a Christian nowdays even though they are not very "Christ-like and some do not even believe in the same Christ I do, I think what will truly make me a believer that we are in the end times are the "two witnesses" Rev. 11. It is very detailed and for those who are followers of Christ Jesus and believe in Him will have no doubt and uncertainty then. Never have we had such technology as we have today that allows us to "look, rejoice, celebrate" their death all over the world. Like I have said, chapter 11 of Revelation is very detailed and revealing and all of who are Believers will be familiar with the two witnesses and be able to relay it to new Believers, so we maybe we won't know the time and day, but certainly that we are in the end times. And those not familiar with it will scoff at us. So personally I am waiting to see the two witnesses before I make my judgement. In the meantime, I am prepared, will continue to study, read, pray, and believe and like others have suggested maybe it's not such a bad idea for those who aren't sure where they will spend eternity or who Christ Jesus is, take the time to find out and see where it leads you. Studying and reading never hurt anyone
God Bless

Oh and regarding THEDUDE, I have seen him in many threads and he is always picking fights/arguments and just being a donkeybutt. Just ignore him. He does eventually go away and finds someone else's thread to attack when he gets bored with it.
edit on 25-3-2011 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
reply to post by DISRAELI

True, and I think the one thing to watch out for will be a new Plague or virus that manages to wipe out significant amounts of the population. That would truly be fightening.

Not to be breeding paranoia, but this was on the news tonight:

Deadly Drug-Resistant Bacteria Found in L.A.

Not just found, but spreading, rapidly.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
One simple answer. HAARP

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an informative and, I believe, important thread.
A great read and your responses have been very respectful and well thought out. Other than others have been.
I can't help but wonder how many of these debunkers have ever even read The Book. Peace be with you.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Impore all of you to do some research and see if you can link more prophecies to current events, or find evidence to refute them!

Are you serious? It's not anyone's job to disprove the story in the OP that you find convincing. You need to establish the evidence that these extremely general, self-fulfilling "prophecies" have any validity.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Vague all encompassing prophecies you have quoted such as Mathew 24:6 have always been fulfillable at any point in history,image if you had CNN in the middle ages with Ghengis at Moscows gates,the black death etc etc.Specific event prophecy has not been fulfilled for over a decade in the Middle East and between 1990 and 2001 I was ticking off propecy left right and centre then after 9-11 it ceased.Perhaps the powers that be now had the war on terror to justify their goals and didn't have to convince the masses any more God wants war.

My prognosis is that 9-11 took us off the biblical timeline.God or the Wizard of Oz would seem to have some pretty good competition in the technology,magic and smoke and mirrors department and has suffered a significant setback for example I have not seen an accurate predictive bible code for over a decade,which suggests this end of the timeline has changed since the last time 'God' was in it,ah the vagueries of time travel.No it will be decades before Doctor Who and his crew recover from whatever setback they've had,hopefully Im long dead before this Playstation game reboots in earnest.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by turk182

I can't help but wonder how many of these debunkers have ever even read The Book. Peace be with you.

You would be surprised how many of these debunkers are more familiar with the teachings of Jesus and The Book than some "true Believers" are.

In fact the reason some of us dont hang out on Sunday with some of you is because we ARE familiar with the teachings of Jesus, and know that what you are doing aint it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Personally, I am not in agreement with you due to the ambiguity of bible text, but S&F for the great effort and thought provoking debate.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
prophecies aren't predictions they are observations. in that sense there is nothing man can to do change it.

but you can prepare for it.

edit on 25-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

In fact the reason some of us dont hang out on Sunday with some of you is because we ARE familiar with the teachings of Jesus, and know that what you are doing aint it.

AMEN

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by zeeon

Please. Don't waste your God given intelligence on these dipsticks here at ATS. I can smell their hypocrisy from my computer screen. It pisses me off SO MUCH how these same people who deny the bible, God, and biblical prophesy - even when its being fufilled right in front of our eyes, but they will be quick to eat up conspiracy theories of UFOs and demons and fairies and all kinds of crap. They'll talk about "Good work! Star and flag for you!" but anything that remotely has to do with the Bible (the most historically accurate book and most used text in history studies) and God, it's labeled "make believe" or "fairy tales". GTFOH you ugly hypocrites. I can't wait for you to stand before God on judgement day!! Won't be talking your mess then!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

I think youll be in for a pleasant shock. God isnt as cruel as some people make him out to be

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here is a Biblical Prophecy in the making. The gate is open for all who wish to enter. Read through this conversation if you care to come in.

Judgement Day

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You ain't no better that's for damn sure. What have done lately for humanity? I know what Christians have done. We've created most of the hospitals that you go to, we've helped poor children in different countries and their families with food and water, we continously give to the poor you sh*t on everyday when you pass them on your way to work, we help out inner city kids and the communities to better themselves, and we support each other by the love of Christ and try to love other people as Christ does. Its jerks like you that make me want to give up on humanity. Because your so full of bitterness and hatred from your own worthless and pathetic life that you feel the need to spread your hate on everyone else. Your not doing anything for humanity but sitting on your a*s on ATS criticizing others. Get your crap straight next time you want to call someone else out. Jerk!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by DISRAELI

True, and I think the one thing to watch out for will be a new Plague or virus that manages to wipe out significant amounts of the population. That would truly be fightening.

I'm not trying to fear-monger. I live by the water on Oregon's Coast. Notice in the health field link that this gas is in a controlled environment where each dose is professionally administered. It doesn't dissipate in the rain? (I'm no expert) it has a ceiling that only goes up 3 or 30 meters?

I was looking for 'neutral' links for these items of interest, and to put my post in order of reference, oh, and to be all happy about the world today...There is a huge margin that I may be in error, let's hope.

Xenon-133 gas from Fukushima is it not being reported on MSM? Yet the EPA reports that there is no current health risk, strange that they'd have this graph posted...

Online PDF

DMSO

maybe maybe not

In the health-field

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Google "the blood falls." The earth is bleeding.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

You forgot to add the part where you are judging people you dont know, and calling them names and hating them in long public rants.

Jesus LOVES when you do that.

And you know what this is called?

Because your so full of bitterness and hatred from your own worthless and pathetic life that you feel the need to spread your hate on everyone else. Your not doing anything for humanity but sitting on your a*s on ATS criticizing others. Get your crap straight next time you want to call someone else out. Jerk!

Projection. Read your posts, and read mine or really, anyone elses in the thread, and you tell me which ones seem bitter and hate filled.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join