It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alchemy and The Philosopher's Stone is Real

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

Why would he give it away free on his website; and try to sell it on Amazon? That fails the test of both reason and logic. The obvious path to the answer would be that somebody has stolen it and is attempting to sell it on Amazon.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by mkmasn

Why would he give it away free on his website; and try to sell it on Amazon? That fails the test of both reason and logic. The obvious path to the answer would be that somebody has stolen it and is attempting to sell it on Amazon.

He has an amazon link on his website.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkmasn

reply to post by ReallyNiceGuy

I don't get how something can be a con; when he is giving people a book for free telling them to spend their time doing something. If it was truthful, it would be better worth your time than cartoons or television, MSM, etc. If not, well then they are both about equal then.

He's also selling it on amazon. And he gives you incorrect info in the book, which happens to be dangerous.

Selling it on Amazon?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

Care to provide a link to that?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

Really?

Here it is on Amazon htt p://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Aquarius-Alchemy-Amazon Book of Aquarius

Here's his site with the Amazon paperback link www.thebookofaquarius.com... (amazon link seems to be down, yet still listed on the site. It runs through an affiliate link through forgottenbooks.org, the same site he emailed it to).

Here's the post from his forum about forgottenbooks.org selling the book:

Greetings to the Anonymous Author and everyone at The Book of Aquarius Forum,

This is David from Forgotten Books. As you know, this web site and forum are hosted on the Forgotten Books servers. We are pleased to be sponsoring The Book of Aquarius, which has become one of our top sellers at Forgotten Books.

As promised we have had some success marketing The Book of Aquarius, producing the audiobook, advertising on the Forgotten Books web site, and other sites.

Many changes have been happening behind the scenes at Forgotten Books over the last few months. I don't know how many of the people here have checked the site out, we have 10,000 books both downloadable and on sale at Amazon in US, UK, Germany, France & Italy. In the next few weeks we will be expanding this to over 1,000,000 different books (yes, that's one million books), and introducing books in French, German, Italian, Spanish & Latin. You'll interested to hear this will include a number of new alchemy books, which are not available from any other web site or publishing house.

Some changes during the update of the system may affect the Book of Aquarius web site and forum: a possible downtime while we transfer the web sites to a new server, and the link to this site on the top of the homepage will be removed (it has been in place for several months). On the new site I am dedicating an area to modern esoteric subjects, which will feature The Book of Aquarius in addition to titles from other authors.

We would be happy to publish any commentaries or responses to The Book of Aquarius that any of the forum members or other people reading this have, perhaps their own opinions and research in alchemy and other esoteric subjects.

Feedback is welcome, especially from those who are Forgotten Books members.

Here's the response from the author about updating the Amazon listing with the 2nd edition:

Hi David,

Thanks for the info, good to hear form you. I hope you have been following the activity of the forum as it has progressed somewhat since we spoke previously.

I'm looking forward to seeing more alchemical books on your site! Certainly this will be useful to the members here.

Please note that I will soon be doing a large update to the book, a sort of second edition, with a lot more detail. If you could update the book on Amazon and announce this to your subscribers then this would be helpful.

Should we go deeper into it?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

Obviously if you wanted a paperback book you'd have to buy it or make it yourself based on the PDF download. However it doesn't make much sense how it can be considered a con; because he has already given the information away for free.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Well, let's see... a con is a swindle, a swindle is to take money by fraud or deceit. The author is selling a book with false information in it. That would be fraudulent. Not only that, he hasn't produced a final product, so there is no proof the process works. Additionally, I find it quite odd the forum and the domain name are hosted and registered to the forgottenbooks.org owner. Sounds to me like to forgottenbooks.org owner wrote the book, gave it away for free to gain word of mouth and a following in the forum so he could start pressing the book for money.

It's called marketing.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

Yet he would let the link for the book selling to be taken down....Not much of a marketing technique that..

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Still being sold on the site publishing the book, even if the link on the main page doesn't work. Are you making money off this, or you just like arguing?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

Here's the post from his forum about forgottenbooks.org selling the book:

Greetings to the Anonymous Author and everyone at The Book of Aquarius Forum,

This is David from Forgotten Books. As you know, this web site and forum are hosted on the Forgotten Books servers. We are pleased to be sponsoring The Book of Aquarius, which has become one of our top sellers at Forgotten Books.

As promised we have had some success marketing The Book of Aquarius, producing the audiobook, advertising on the Forgotten Books web site, and other sites.

Many changes have been happening behind the scenes at Forgotten Books over the last few months. I don't know how many of the people here have checked the site out, we have 10,000 books both downloadable and on sale at Amazon in US, UK, Germany, France & Italy. In the next few weeks we will be expanding this to over 1,000,000 different books (yes, that's one million books), and introducing books in French, German, Italian, Spanish & Latin. You'll interested to hear this will include a number of new alchemy books, which are not available from any other web site or publishing house.

Some changes during the update of the system may affect the Book of Aquarius web site and forum: a possible downtime while we transfer the web sites to a new server, and the link to this site on the top of the homepage will be removed (it has been in place for several months). On the new site I am dedicating an area to modern esoteric subjects, which will feature The Book of Aquarius in addition to titles from other authors.

We would be happy to publish any commentaries or responses to The Book of Aquarius that any of the forum members or other people reading this have, perhaps their own opinions and research in alchemy and other esoteric subjects.

Feedback is welcome, especially from those who are Forgotten Books members.

Here's the response from the author about updating the Amazon listing with the 2nd edition:

Hi David,

Thanks for the info, good to hear form you. I hope you have been following the activity of the forum as it has progressed somewhat since we spoke previously.

I'm looking forward to seeing more alchemical books on your site! Certainly this will be useful to the members here.

Please note that I will soon be doing a large update to the book, a sort of second edition, with a lot more detail. If you could update the book on Amazon and announce this to your subscribers then this would be helpful.

Should we go deeper into it?

Certainly we need to go deeper into this to get at the truth......

Its interesting to note that 'VeritasAequetas' seems to be giving a lot of support to the author of this book, such as trying to disprove everthing!

People should check out the 'Nexus.2012' and 'David Icke' forums where sign00 has also started this same thread 'Alchemy and the Philosophers Stone is real.' sign00 has been banned from both of these forums for disgustingly filthy language. You might also be interest to know that Sign00 is requesting payment to be sent to his P.O. box for a sample of the 'Elixir' made from squirrel nuts. The quote is below which appeared on the 'David Icke' forum:

"Sorry for the long post, just have a lot on my mind as the end of the year approaches. This week I'm finally finishing a large batch of the gold elixir with the new recipe I was given in my dream, and I had to climb up a tree in the park to get the ingredients (squirrel nuts).

The tree means secret knowledge in dreams, and the playground park was symbolic of returning to youthfulness or remaining young. So that's why I was hoping more members would send payments to my PO BOX (PM me for this) since I have plenty of the elixir to share this time around, and everyone remaining on the forum will receive a 2 ounce bottle for free."

Cheers.

edit on 13-8-2012 by TruthseekerTwo because: EDIT: Of course sign00 can just say "that wasn't me posting - it was an imposter......

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Is the Book of Aquarius free or not - David at Forgottenbooks seems to be making money out of it.

www.thebookofaquarius.com...

Re: Book of Aquarius & Forgotten Books

by Forgotten Books » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:49 am

Pleased that I can help! I'll make sure the audiobook and live print are updated when Author finishes the second edition. I can give it a new ISBN and it'll be separate from the current title (which will eliminate all reviews) or I can give it the same ISBN and it'll replace the current title on Amazon.com.

The money has just come in from a surge of sales 2 months ago so you're currently in credit with us! Would you like a domain name for this site? It'll give you better search engine rankings than being on a subdomain, which would get you more visitors.

I've started making the Stone myself, I'm not much of a forum person but I have been keeping up to date with the goings on here. I have no problem advertising Book of Aquarius to our readers especially now I can see the truth in the words.

Godspeed!

David

EDIT: Lies, Lies and more Lies = MISREPRESENTATION

edit on 13-8-2012 by TruthseekerTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthseekerTwo

I wonder when he writes his next book on misinformation, if he will quote his first book?
edit on 13-8-2012 by mkmasn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

AUTHOR: Paracelsus was a German Alchemist in the 16th century who was credited at least (in his age) to use only urine, instead of the slower process of urine and gold.

UNTRUE: The only occasion Paracelsus used urine was in the diagnosis of diseases through the analysis of urine and pulse diagnosis. The alchemical contribution to chemistry was where stale urine was used and distilled, which produced spirits of ammonia in small quantities for everyday use.

AUTHOR: A further problem is that not all alchemical books are written by people who understand alchemy. Since the vast majority of people have no understanding of it, they can't tell the true alchemists from the fakes.

I know a true alchemist - but the authors a FAKE - FAKE - FAKE

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow,

Well, I have been reading and researching this thread in my spare time for weeks now. I have been to all related forums, including the Book of Aquaruis forum as well as Nexus2012 and DI forums, and have tried to make sense of all related posts and materials.

It seems to me that this thread is now about much more than the content of its original OP. I know that we say this a lot around here; but good god!, have you folks read this thing from the beginning? I can now say that I have; more than once and some posts several times.

And I am here to tell you, the thread reads like Eco's Foucault's Pendulum or, I suppose if I had ever read one, a Dan Brown novel. There is all kinds of great material for a novel here

The starry-eyed members with varying depths of knowledge concerning Alchemy are one thing, but the cast of characters that seem to 'dive-bomb', or maybe 'attempt-to-pollinate' this thread is really stunning...

Two of my favorites in the cast are IIIIX starting on page 5 and AlRub starting on page 11. Their contributions end up reading like some kind of occult version of a cold-war cloak-and-dagger spy novel. And then starting on page 17 we have what seems to be the beginning of a recurring effort by some group, or one very busy person, to discredit the author of the OP. They remind me of a sort of occult version of the Black Widows motorcycle gang from the Clint Eastwood movie, Every Which Way But Loose. " Right turn, Clyde!"

The Black Widow Gang also seems to manage to get themselves banned repeatedly; this thread is a veritable 'graveyard' of banned members.

After reading and re-reading the posts from these people I am reminded somehow of this quote...

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks". William Shakespeare. Hamlet Act 3, scene 2, 222–230

And these folks that seem to have such a woody for Sign00 and this thread all have one thing in common:

Gobbledygook.

That is what they offer. You would think that people that were so certain that the OP's method is bunk would have some alternative thing to offer that is at least twice as shiny as Sign00's book.

Alchemy is a funny thing and it is an ancient part of the tradition that charlatans are able to get away with what they do concerning Alchemy because of the ignorance of the general population; and the ignorance of even those that are sincere and study hard.

Folks just don't know a lot about Alchemy because, frankly, it is hard, and requires a huge investment of time and energy to start to 'know' anything about it. That's why some people can impress by saying little. And I can tell you, as little as nothing has been said anywhere on this thread concerning Alchemy. There is a link to some Alchemy on this thread; it leads to Sign00s book.

Which brings me to Sign00.

I know that you guys and gals reading this thread know that anyone can say that they are anyone on the WWW? Because for a while I was thinking that the very people on this thread that are out for the author's blood might be posing as Sign00 on threads like DI forum and Nexus2012 in order to discredit him.

But I have to say now that after reading the author's posts here very carefully, I cannot say with complete confidence that they are not the same person. After all, snarkiness is a hallmark of the OP's writing style. Profanity is not, which is why I am not 100% on this, but I am left hanging on that one. Would be great to hear from the OP on that.

So,

This has been great fun for me. I love when mystery is multi-plexed like this. Alchemy is one of my most favorite things in the world and to have this spy-novel subterfuge madness going on along with it is ne plus ultra.

If I had to put my thoughts and feelings regarding this thread in a nutshell right now I would say that the Anonymous author of The Book of Aquarius is standing on a giant nerve and there are lots of people that want him to get off of it.

What do you think, Alchemy fans?

X.

P.S. I realize that not everyone knows about Every Which Way But Loose and The Black Widows Motorcycle Gang. Here is a video...

X again.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Xoanon because: Video of Clyde.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Well i have followed from the start of this tread and the boa forum and studied the book.
At every turn the author has been truthful and i see clear differences in his writings on here and boa compared to those out to discredit him thru other forums.Just look at the squirrel nuts deal and it was said that he climbed trees in a park and got enough to make 2oz elixir for all the members.

However just because people are smearing him does not mean the process will work or that those working on it have the ability to succeed.When you look at his theory compared to other related books it does fit well.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

I have no vested interests either way if people try to make this thing or not. But people need to understand they are not making Mercury, which he states in his book, and they are not making Salt, which he states in his book.

They are making Phosphorus, a very dangerous chemical, one of which people who are not alchemists or chemists should be playing with. Not only that, he is having them create highly condensed balls of Phosphorus. This is the stuff they put in incendiary grenades.

I have no chemical knowledge, other than a couple chemistry classes in high school, but within 5 minutes of research, I can debunk most of the claims he makes, which leads me to believe he is a snake oil salesman, or just very stupid.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Xoanon

...people need to understand they are not making Mercury, which he states in his book, and they are not making Salt, which he states in his book.

In that case would you please pull out the quotes for us where the author states that the goal of the process is to create mercury and salt?

If we are going to focus on that then we should have the quotes in question.

Thanks,

X.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Sorry, he doesn't say mercury and salt, he says mercury and sulphur. My mistake. But that's still not what you get.

You should further distil the distilled urine 3 times in the clean retort, or using a new alembic lower-part, to ensure the distillate is very free from impurities.

Congratulations! You now have the mercury (distilled urine) and sulphur (white salt) of the Sages.

Here's a tidbit from an article on the Baltimore Sun website about Mercury being used to create a stone:

"I'm boiling mercury and using arsenic, antimony and lead," says Hopkins' Larry Principe, only half kidding. Working under a fume hood in a small lab on the Homewood campus, Principe is currently trying to unlock the 400-year-old secret of an object known to alchemists as "the Bolognian stone."

Not the right stone. What gives? Mercury poisoning and death by arsenic. Antimony is pretty toxic too. It looks like he's quoting the workings of a different recipe.

Let's see what the original recipe produced, from the entry on Henning Brand on Wikipedia:

The chemical reaction Brand stumbled on was as follows. Urine contains phosphates PO43-, as sodium phosphate (i.e. with Na+), and various carbon-based organics. Under strong heat the oxygens from the phosphate react with carbon to produce carbon monoxide CO, leaving elemental phosphorus P, which comes off as a gas. Phosphorus condenses to a liquid below about 280°C and then solidifies (to the white phosphorus allotrope) below about 44°C (depending on purity). This same essential reaction is still used today (but with mined phosphate ores, coke for carbon, and electric furnaces).

Sodium Phosphates

Sodium phosphate is a generic term for the salts of sodium hydroxide and phosphoric acid.

Sodium Hydroxide is lye.

Lye is a strong alkali, producing highly basic solutions. Both wet lye and dry lye solutions are highly caustic and may cause chemical burns, permanent injury or scarring, and blindness. Lye may be harmful or fatal if swallowed.

Phosphoric Acid is not very dangerous in the state you're left with after this part of stage 1, but here's a video from BBC UK where they finish the rest of the stone, giving you Phosphorus:

From The University of Maryland Medical Center

Elemental phosphorus is a white or yellow waxy substance that burns on contact with air. It is highly toxic and is only used in medicine as a homeopathic treatment.

Basically what this guy is telling you to do is create a kidney stone with only the phosphorus. And then he says you should ingest it:

If ingested it will cure all disease, and in higher concentrations will make an old person healthy and fitter than they were even in their youth.

If taken suddenly in high concentration, the body will purge itself of everything unnecessary, which may result in going through a shocking transformation over a couple of weeks, with one's skin peeling off, hair and teeth falling out, then growing back in prime condition.

Taken regularly in high concentration, it will be unnecessary to eat, drink or even breathe. Although these may be done anyway. The body will never grow old.

Unnecessary to eat, drink or even breathe? By eating phosphorus? The use of feed in racehorses needs to have as close to 1:1 ratio phosphorus to calcium as possible, otherwise: from equisearch.com

If there's not enough calcium to match the phosphorus in a bran-fed horse's daily feed, his body will pull extra calcium from his bones in order to balance the excess phosphorus in his gut. If a horse gets too much phosphorus over too long a period, his body will take so much calcium from the bones that it weakens the skeleton and leads to bone disorders such as "big head."

And, too much phophorus in humans can be linked to: from Davita.com:

▪ bone and heart problems that lead to hospital stays and in some cases death
▪ low blood calcium, which causes calcium to be taken from the bones
▪ calcification or hardening of tissues in the heart, arteries, joints, skin or lungs that can be painful and lead to serious health problems
▪ bone pain
▪ itching

But again, I don't care if people make this stuff... just be careful you don't burn yourself horribly or have a heart attack.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join