It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members are being played like a fiddle... Dance! ATS Dance!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Basically the only reason I come to ATS is to get what ACTUAL PEOPLE consider ACTUAL NEWS. I've been disenchanted with any sort of MSM, like many others.

ATS has a profound effect on my opinions as well. I'm not super opinionated in that I stick to my guns with everything I think or say, but I definitely have something to say about anything.

I'll post something I believe to be right, in my opinion, and watch reactions and replies. Actual people give more insight than any poll, newscast, or interview could give me. It's why I enjoy intelligent conversation with friends and strangers, it's why I have a Facebook as it provides a means to interact with people actually affected by an issue to further determine what actions feel right to me, and especially those within my personal ecosystem and community

I hate the idea of a 'party' system in politics. The idea that there's a war of side vs. side controlling a country disgusts me. I will never look at someone as a democrat, a republican, Christian or a Jew and I won't necessarily change my attitude, thoughts, or opinions based on those factors. I will always have respect where it's due, but don't take lightly to nit picking and rage.

I believe that stereotypes exist in the world, just as I believe in ecosystems and niches. But I will always be able to respectfully break down either a person, thought, or opinion in a way that I can relate it to myself and personal thoughts to grow. I come on ATS to hear what's important, to gain perspective views of ALL kind and that's the joy of freedom of speech and internet. You can act exactly how you want with no concern of how you look, or being truthfully judged unless you consistently create friction within the community.

I've been a lurker of ATS for a long, long time. A poster for a short while. I believe in the ATS community for news and updates concerning events like the Japan quake. The follow through with that entire situation was so enlightening to me, being able to hear any developments and immediately having sources to back it with. It's easy to filter through and find the truth, really.

I don't think the ATS community is failing. I don't think we're ALL a bunch of liberals, bible thumpers, devil worshipers or whatever although the stereotypes do exist. If anything I see the community improving as it gathers more attention and more input from all sorts of regular people with open minds and respect such as myself.

The only thing to remember, in my opinion, is you can claim anything you want as long as you have individualized RESPECT for everyone around you, while still throwing out your own beliefs. It's how I live on ATS, the internets, and in real life.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

This thread doesn't and won't look stupid, EVER, because someone with integrity has posted it! When you break free of your programming you may find what others already have.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Towing the party line..pretty simple really.

Here is the issue...people here are pretty political. Many here listen to or watch their favorite talking head, right or left. They will then become enraged at the narrative being explained to them. Koch verses Soros sort of thing..billionares and the tiny pawns that fight their mental wars for them both.

However...

Just because you see it is a divide and conquor strategy, it will not change the fact that you still take a side and fight for it..be it left or right.
Its easy to say you won't get involved because its just elites distracting us...then you realize your union just got hit, or someone is telling you asbestos in your work is perfectly fine...stuff that you are directly effected by and you are back taking a side and towing a party line.

Now, without stating my rather obvious side, I simply would like for ATS to stop for just a few moments before creating a thread...to purposefully read the other side of the argument before posting, check the actual facts verses just the narration that a talking head just did...then give links of independently verified sources...then post the full story as best possible to find the truth verses just create a hate thread about politician X doing it wrong...also, a bit of common sense could help now and then.

I am a fan..big fan, of deadpan facts...total hard and unmoving facts, not opinions. most of the partisan rants come from arguments on opinions and viewpoints verses actual facts, and that bugs me

grrr (thats me being bugged)

Also, reading past page 1, post 1 would help the discussion flow...if somethings been said, then no need to repeat it, just star the post as generally agreeing with the point made, then voila...the conversation furthers with new ideas and facts.

Meh, I can't talk much, I fall into rants and such now and then..I dont necessarily like it, but I do.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Read my signature and you'll know where I stand. I've been blowing that horn since I joined ATS. Too many people identify with one side or the other, and in some instances refuse to even ponder the possibility that they are wrong. I came to those crossroads once and I never looked back. Some issues, the Right is correct, some issues the Left is correct, other issues both sides are misguided. I say, put down your banner, drop your closely held beliefs and consider the possibility that you may be wrong. It's okay to be wrong! It's far better to finally admit that you may be wrong than to continue on being wrong or not knowing.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Illuminati never was and still isn't against the existence of mankind, they embrace it, that is why they always have and always will be an opponent of the catholic church.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Great thread,Slayer! S&F!
Are we being played? Most certainly.The trick is to be selective of what threads to post in.The most propaganda I have come across has been in the political madness forum,all the cheerleading makes it entertaining but if you are looking for serious debate well,you won't find it.

PS:Hey Leo!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalIntegrity

This thread doesn't and won't look stupid, EVER, because someone with integrity has posted it! When you break free of your programming you may find what others already have.

WTF are you on about ? i never said this thread looks stupid, i was talking in general about ATS, not this thread, go back and read my post ya bloody eggroll!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

My apologies for misunderstanding your words. Perhaps it wasn't me who read your words wrong, maybe you could have just chosen your words better?
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Im sure we must agree on something!
Not mad at you bro just doing what I do best! You could have quoted one of my better and less misunderstood posts..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I believe for the most part that the frequent posters here are all very intelligent and motivated individuals who believe strongly in certain things. I feel that most posters feel like they are contributing in a strange way to something larger going on, especially if they feel strongly about a particular issue. If you get turned onto an issue, and someone comes along with different ideas, it is natural to try and counter those ideas, and thus it is natural for lines to be drawn in the sand by all parties, there is no one side that is right or wrong or one that is more or less guilty of having an opinion. I am skeptical that there are even 'sides' at all... the world is filled with randomness, and the people who want to control things hate randomness and want to control randomness in itself. The beauty of this site is that we have some people who say for some topic, that aliens did it, others who say the government did it, people who say that the alien manipulated government did it, and then those who don't believe aliens exist and think the government wasn't involved... there is so much diversity of opinion here; spending any amount of time reading in a given topic is always a rich learning experience.

Everyone here has the right to say whatever he or she wants. If all the people who were 'on-the-fence' stepped back because they weren't completely sure that they were being controlled, by puppeteers as you call them, that would open the playing field here to much worse manipulation! If you step back and don't provide the new perspective, or the new opinion, then you will see the discussions truly becoming controlled.

You suggest that ATS members are simply puppets in a larger scheme... are we supposed to fear some shadowy puppeteer? I wonder if the OP considers himself a puppet or a puppeteer, considering he's the #3 content provider for this site. The idea of personally being manipulated by shadowy outside forces into backing some argument may seem unpleasant, because nobody likes being manipulated. But if you don't talk at all, you are no better than pieces of dead wood; YOU have become the puppet who sits and dumbly lets others manipulate the scene. Puppets can't talk... I would rather be flesh and blood.

To every individual who is on the fence about anything, I say this: you especially should give your opinion, for no other reason other than providing static and providing a perspective that doesn't already fall within the line of control. These so called puppeteers, if they even exist in the first place, want you to believe that they are so powerful that they control your very thoughts. I don't believe any person is that powerful, and if you truly believe that someone might be that powerful, then it makes no difference anyways what you do or don't do.

You don't know my mind
Like I said a thousand times
I gotta stay ahead
Know what I'm fightin' for
I leave you to your talk
Never seen my kind before
And you're all so thick-headed
Follow and I know I led it
Part of me won't let me quit
Won't let me just not say sh#t
So much there's to be bored with
Can't be still
I can't afford it
Try to hold it in but it makes me sick
So I spit it out, say "to Hell with it"
I dream it and I build it tall,
Make a way for when it falls

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
We are not being played, well except by ourselves! There is certainly a high number of "everything is a conspiracy" view on this website, obviously! However, reality is far far more boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which does not make make for newspaper headlines nor lively debates.

Replace NWO, hidden agenda's etc with common normal every day human sins and you have your answer to a lot of questions. Boring! but tough that's life. Whereas the reptilian aliens disguised as humans creating an NWO manipulating the weather, earthquakes and wars is far more interesting........

The truth is what we need to uncover those sins of the few that causes the suffering of the many.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

There is one major flaw in your theory: you assume "they" care about what you, me or anyone else posts about on ATS.

Posting on an Internet forum, even a very popular one, doesn't amount to actually doing anything. Your, mine and others posts are simply matters of opinion. On a conspiracy web site. On the Internet. I know it's fun to think there is something pseudo-secret about this web site & the topics that are discussed. There isn't.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
No. Your just an idiot. Re-read your post and try to see what you've just said.. and weep.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I have to agree with the last two posts.

In saying that; perhaps you need to take up your argument with your Govt rather than ATS members because it's your Govt that has'nt been telling you the truth in the first place.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
No. Your just an idiot. Re-read your post and try to see what you've just said.. and weep.

Are you talking to me? If not, please use the "Quote" button.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I just had to say something.

I'm using the present unfolding ME situation simply as an example

We have been watching all the various aspects of the ongoing ME crises unfolding before our eyes followed by many threads being posted in either the Breaking Alternative News and or Middle East Issues forums. I cant shake the feeling that there may be some dubious forces [Not necessarily ATS members] who are trying to play us for fools. We scurry about dutifully posting threads and replies on the subject with our slant or post our opinions. Playing right into their hands.

I know many of the topics are highly bipartisan and politically charged internally here in the US as well as international opinions [Both Pro and Con] It seems that many stories and threads are thrown about with accusations and counter accusations, claims and counter claims etc. [More so than usual IMO].

My question is this...

Has anybody else noticed this? I'm not attempting to single anyone out. We all have a right to post our opinions and make our arguments. That goes without saying. Take the recent ME issues regarding Libya, Egypt and now Syria. Or [ insert your favorite non related issues here ] We seem to be inundated with threads of claims and counter claims. One week it's a Wests failure when they don't assist then when they do get involved it's a crime and all about the oil etc. Meanwhile people are dying and being massacred.

I had to step back and take a deep breath. We pride ourselves and boast Deny Ignorance meanwhile every few seconds we see a new thread or a link provided with this or that version of Propaganda both Pro and Con. We members [no matter which side] make our arguments and draw the proverbial line in the sand.

Isn't this exactly what those who are trying to manipulate us want?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf50a48fe379.gif[/atsimg]

Finally US citizens are awaking up to the fact that US with its military might and its modern sociological status is a tool and it's being used by powers greater than its own egotistic behavior would be willing to admit.
The controlling powers evolved from another millennial old sociological status that thousands of centuries allowed it to achieve a balance although its looming fragility and it's potential dynamic to put the World in chaos are to be considered scary in it's concept. The World is balancing above chaos and order, one slightest push and we can lose everything. Industrial revolution is what brought countries like the US to have a greater presence in modern geopolitical affairs. Their influence is present as long as technology exists. When humanity will decide and it will, to cut a bit back on the technological race and strive for more non material needs the global geopolitical status of the US will slowly be diminished and the center stage will be once more back in the hands of the populations around the Mediterranean. Everything works in circles.
edit on 25-3-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I would say that it is the success of ATS is what is bringing it down..
If you get what Im saying?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Ummm.........The word "hydra" comes to mind....An issue that cannot be fully explored by individual effort, yet when presented in a forum develops egocentric branchings that are naturally, "perspective" based opinion, derived from either, 1. ...."Research".... more appropriatly, "media scouring", (primarily web based) for questionable "facts", ie., "supporting opinion". 2. ....Non substantiated opinion, unreliant on "wholistic" consideration. (yes, wholistic is a word, I just coined it, "of and relating to "wholism", the entirety of perspectives, (pl.) focusing on issue, event or enigma). 3. ....Emotive responding, guided by neither "fact", "research", or consideration. (no further explanation necessary). 4. ....The, "comedian", a usually less than whimsical attempt at thread derailment. 5. ....Honest, consideration derived from "uncommon" sense, that intuitive leap from one disperate slice of moment or thought to a reasoned conclusion....."Gnosis", or if you prefer........"Enlightenment".....rare, shy and needed qualities........

It is my considered "opinion"
, That threads suffer from an abundance of "attention span, deficit disorder", never fully realizing resolution, or complete exploration. Threads, are retired to "thread limbo", once they leave the home page, their death is assured, no requim, "nothing to see here folks, move along".

Whenever I post, I make an effort to...not...subscribe to "research". I'm not interested in what someone else, concluded about a topic, my interest is in wether I could reach a conclusion based on "wholistic perspective", resulting in "considered, opinion", rooted in "truth" or "fact"...............obviously I fail miserably, human nature rears its ugly head and I am guilty of "all of the above". I come here to ATS, to learn, to express and to digest, more importantly, to "challenge" thought and comprehension.

I apologize, nor will I entertain, excuse. I have never had an "agenda", thats why I have yet to author any threads of my own, not saying that agenda is requisite.
I think that Slayer is probably right, perhaps a percentage of posters are "neferious", if that thought has truth, then it only shows how "small" such an individual is, how controlled and contrived.

I am.....NOT.....a herd, animal...........

YouSir

edit on 25-3-2011 by YouSir because: to add

edit on 25-3-2011 by YouSir because: to un-add

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
S&F..

I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet, but it's hard to deny this, coming from a General Wesley Clark. I know the time frame's a little off, but damn... The kicker comes around the 1:15 minute mark...

edit on 25-3-2011 by rstregooski because: cgdxfgjhxfgjhxfgxfgjfgh

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I've noticed the same thing. Some people say that the U.S. installed corrupt leaders and then say that the U.S. is behind the uprisings! It can't be both!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I AGREE !

I concur that as of late there seems to be more contrived / fabricated rage etc.

Of ALL people I should know about the definition of insanity and in the words of Elizabeth Kenney "He who angers you, conquers you." Plus I've seen a high frequency of new members as well as seasoned ones banned.
I like it here and I find the info, opinions and theories compelling as long as you always consider the source.

I, for one, have toned it down on the political front. ( New puppy icon. My Westie.
) I'm doing much more lurking and researching than sparring these days by choice. I no longer tow the line on Obama and I'm finding mixed results on that. Some want to perpetuate the vitriol but I acquiesce. That angers some.

I wish I could remember that BB code of the emoticon banging his head against the wall, imagine that here. Per usual Slayer your powers of observation are astonishing.

As far as the fiddle, like I always say: "If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance."
edit on 25-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join