It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members are being played like a fiddle... Dance! ATS Dance!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It could be that they want to get info from us more than steer what info we receive. When certain members create threads which have more solid information or direction than any of the talking head pundits or think tank politicians, why wouldn't they push certain intelligent members to come up with the answers and even solutions at times when they really do not know what the hell they are doing partly because of the compartmentalization of everything GOV/Military any more?

This may not seem to have anything to do with what you ask or propose in your Op, but i see it as something of the same side of the coin. This will make those thread starters at some point think and feel exactly as you seem to right now imo.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I'm thinking that by saying," we're being played", makes it a bit to personal. Arn't they just playing human nature ?
I don't know.

Ya, this is what I think, too.

Like it or not, we humans all have a bit of bias (positive/negative/neutral) conscious and subconscious and those bias' do color our views and our realities to some degree. If others figure you out, you're subject to being manipulated. Worse, if you haven't figured yourself out, you're vulnerability increases. Know thyself, first.

edit on 24-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

not all humans just most of the ones who live on earth

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

If you cant beat them, then join them...I think its funny that The website is monitored buy a goverment entity, its not just advertising, dont worry, they have comp filters, just looking for red flagged words, Good post man, by posting threads it gives us enough freedom, enjoyment, not to care about much else, Anything that distracts from the real problems is always welcomed!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My knee-jerk response is, unfortunately, it's human nature. The reason why things seem the way they might is that our experiences are framed by the world around us. We are pretty good at developing technology and even at adapting technology. I don't feel the average joe, though, spends much time contemplating technology or how it fits into things - maybe that's left for the liberal elite in their ivory towers (I see what I did there).

Everyone is inundated with ideas ... we soak it in and formulate our response - whether it's indifference, the desire to know more information or the need to apply our typical political/ideological slant.

The difference is that forty years ago, something would happen in the world and you might hear your spouse's opinion, maybe a couple of people at work, a slight bias from one of a few news sources and maybe an editorial or two.

Now, you're blitkrieged with everybody on the planet's opinion and within a few minutes, if you want.

A lot of people, it seems, feel that life is about expressing where you stand on everything that happens whether a celebrity dies or countries invade each other. Apparently it's our near future because it's growing like crazy.

I question whether it's inherently "bad" or not. I'm thinking it just ... is.

In the immortal words of John Michael Montgomery, life is a dance.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
for 10 years i have heard the tune of how evil cheney and bush are or were and still are.

war, murder,killing of other people "was" complete unacceptable for a decade now all of the sudden now its "just" its "justified" and any other sugar coat label the mainstream media puts on it and the pundits elsewhere.

i will not argue some of the same occurred with the last administration but the people the players of the last game or round two are being extremely hypcritical this go round.

if one political party is wrong then so is the other its is in my humble opinion that if its wrong the its wrong for everyone.

i honestly am getting tired of the do i say listen to what i think and then do the same things and do the same things as the denigrated the other side.

i am not going to argue playing a part no matter what side you come down on or if your a fence sitter then decry both sides.

i do not support the libya action and i do not support the three blind mice fighting over control of who does what that doesnt win a "War" and it doesnt ever end in a victory or successful action.

i also do not buy the humanitarian bs line that is being fed to the public and being cheerleaded by the mainstream media.

qaddafi needs to go and his actions for the past 2 decades reaffirm this but action was taken in the past and with the iraq war and afghanistan and our military our money or severve lack of it and the clear past history liberal hate for our own military and then goes out and uses them for decades cut their funding and tieing the hands of our inteliigence agencies.

the us needed to stay out of libya noone intervened in egypt and tunsia let libya continue and fix its self.

i will play my part as a believer of the false left right paradigm and oppose libya and echo joe bidens owns words a president who goes to war with congressional approval needs to be impeached.

the blantant hypocrisy will forever make me a "player" and since i am being manipulated then doing something is better than doing nothing at all

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

i never learned anything from dancing but ive learned alot from living
edit on 24-3-2011 by knowthyneighbor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by knowthyneighbor

Yeah? Well, let's hope the next time you have the chance, rather than sitting it out ...

ready for it?

I hope you daaaaaaaaaaaaaaance!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
...subtle nuance...

It's funny you should say this, because over the past few months, I have thought that maybe my problem is that I am too nuanced for these boards...and in life.

I catch grief from all sides... and frankly it gets kind of tiresome when nearly every other response says I'm a liberal...conservative...democrat....republican...religious....anti-religious...a prude...a foreigner....an American....a .tree-hugger....an animal hater.....

You get the point.

It makes me wonder why I open my mouth at all.

edit on 24-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by getreadyalready

That thought process, combined with your thread made me think of the Socratic Method of "remembering information" vs. "learning."

EXACTLY!

Are we learning ANYTHING from what we are reading and posting and applying it to our lives or are we just simply regurgitating what we agree with?

I would also like to add that I have always thought there is a material difference between attacking ignorance and denying it.

Not exactly on point, but closely related to it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
I go through periods where I get disgusted and see no point to my efforts here in this site, and will stay away for a while.

Me too.

But I also wanted to say, that I only really just noticed you recently, as you know, and think you are a great contributor to this site! I spent some of this very morning going through your past threads, and while I think we wont likely agree on everything, I look forward to additional posts between us.

I particularly enjoyed your intro post explaining your ATS name. That story shares nuggets of truth that I think are priceless and the main reason I keep coming back here.

I'm glad you stayed.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

But I also wanted to say, that I only really just noticed you recently, as you know, and think you are a great contributor to this site! I spent some if this very morning going through your past threads, and while I think we wont likely agree on everything, I look forward to additional posts between us.

Thank you loam, for your kind words and encouragement. Whether we agree or disagree, I too look very much forward to future discourse.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I use the info i get here to make financioal decisions
so there is real indication of the value of the frank opinions shared
by some of the talented writer thinkers on this sight

Reading some of your posts and threads is of great value and pleasure for me
espacially the ones containing insite and /or truth

propoganda?
I'l figure that out for myself from reading as many sides as I can

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Isn't it just ego?

That is certainly part of it. But isn't that true in nearly all social interaction?

I don't think it will burst any bubbles, because everyone is anxious to share what they know. Everyone is anxious to pick a side and be accepted by that side. We have to prove that our opinion is founded on more solid ground than theirs. We have to show that our thought process was superior, and we are actually charitable in sharing our important opinion with the uninformed. We feel good about what we said or did.

For the most part you are right-- except for the 'charitable in sharing' part. I honestly don't come from it from that perspective, and I generally assume the same is true for other who post here.

Sometimes we switch sides, but that doesn't tarnish our ego. No, now we are not only right, but also open-minded and honest, and now it is even more important to convince those on the other side that they just weren't seeing the whole picture. They should be as open-minded as us and jump sides like we did. Now we are a good example of how people are supposed to act.

Well, that's pretty cynical. In fact, I wish more people would do that-- that is, admit when they think they might be wrong.

I admit when I'm wrong whenever I believe that to be true.

I do it not because I want to prove to others that I'm open minded or honest.

I do it because *I am* open-minded or honest.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I like fiddles.
This comment is totally relevant, as I am a member being played like a fiddle, of which I like, so therefore, I like fiddles and ATS members who sound like fiddles.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Can't agree more. I think sometimes I leave ATS at night more confused than when I logged on. Perhaps my brain is taking on so much information that I can't really decide whats right or whats wrong or what I believe. Which now looking at it in this light is probably want tptb want. So how to sort through the b.s. is my dilemma and I have no idea what the solution is. Don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my a$$! Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Originally posted by whaaa
Even in the cacophony of multiple fiddles being played; the discerning ear can hear a sweet melody.

Quoting this just because I like it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69 it's a Wests failure when they don't assist then when they do get involved it's a crime and all about the oil etc. Meanwhile people are dying and being massacred.

All of the above, isn't it? As long as one leaves open what "get involved" means.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

yeah that made me smile as well..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join