It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members are being played like a fiddle... Dance! ATS Dance!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I have always been skeptical about any website not just ATS. One may never know who is on the otherside of the monitor. Unless and until we know individuals on the forum through personal meetings or a ATS gathering, it is hard to judge or analyze who is who. There could be Govt staff including politicians realizing the power of Internet and use ATS as a fiddle to play their tunes. However there's also a pitfall with being skeptical since one can get caught in the never ending cycle of disbelief that anything and everything seems to be a conspiracy.

I also wonder how many reporters are tapping into ATS to source ideas for their articles. I think ATS has some very clever and savvy investigators/skeptics that in the process of disbelief and denying ignorance, we uncover a lot of truth which is normally not published or revealed by the MSM or Govt. Instead the MSM and Govt digress the same topic over and over again until the viewer/listener is fedup and gives up the idea of pursuing the truth. I think we should organize a regional ATS meet just the way many organizations and software companies do for members at their own expense so that we know who is who and atleast we can judge based on our personal experience if we are being played.
edit on 25-3-2011 by hp1229 because: grammer

edit on 25-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 25-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
S+F simply because, whether your right or wrong, it's always something to beware of.

Food for thought as they say. And nowadays... more then ever.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I can relate, just made my first two posts today, one of them was about Fukushima. I know I have only recently become a member but have been lurking around for a long time. It is really starting to look like ATS is a tool for TPTB, hence my test was a success!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It seems it doesn't really matter which way one goes we know it will always be the wrong way!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
I think we should organize a regional ATS meet just the way many organizations and software companies do for members at their own expense so that we know who is who and atleast we can judge based on our personal experience if we are being played.

maybe I'm wrong
but I think this has been mentioned before
under different circumstances and thread
and has thusly never proven to be successful.

But I'd be willing to go to a regional ATS
meeting as long as I don't have to fly.
Just don't feel like getting groped at the
airport.

And if u do organize, please make it close
to me, else my disabilities may stand in
the way of my going. Just a heads up.
I am NOT a bot btw.

ETA: I can just see the intelligence services
getting their cameras ready now.

of course I am a conspiracy theorist, what did
you expect?

edit on 3/25/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well I appreciate everyone's participation.
I've enjoyed everyone's take pro-con-other.

This is how I learn

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by hp1229
I think we should organize a regional ATS meet just the way many organizations and software companies do for members at their own expense so that we know who is who and atleast we can judge based on our personal experience if we are being played.

But I'd be willing to go to a regional ATS meeting as long as I don't have to fly.Just don't feel like getting groped at the airport.
I know what you mean. So far I've been lucky and have not been groped or probed

One of these days it just might workout and perhaps it can be done by States instead of Regions ? That would be better I guess.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Slayer, buddy. Yep.
Been my signature for a while.

"Dance Puppets, Dance".

I've been watching and seeing similar views, for a long time. It's amazing what a few steps back will broaden your view to.

The problem I find is that people leap blindly into this or that. Without looking for the common sense posts, weighing all the options. And I fear that is what people have been molded to do.

We are a society of INSTANT information and communication. So, if something isn't INSTANT, the moment will do to satisfy the curiosity without further "research". Because that takes too long. Before you know it, the minute someone does not advocate the same cause, they are immediately considered "disinfo agents", "gov't employees" and the like.

They have now become the mindless zombies that they feared sooo much. How do we fix that?

You, Slayer69, have been someone who's posts I generally pick out, other than Phage's to find the "SENSE" behind some of the things on this site, for instance.

Anyways, I hope I make sense here, but I'm pretty sure I see what you are saying. Hope I was able to relay my thoughts in a sensible manner as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Perhaps ATS, GodlikeProductions. etc. need to be shut down for us to take action instead of sit in front of the screens.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

In my opinion, what you describe is called debate and discourse, this is a conspiracy debate board after all. What else are people supposed to do here?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Slaymaster69,
I would say more like dancing to the fiddle playing, but yes sir, very much in agreement.
It's nothing new, just an increase in fiddle playing.
I always look for the end, the goal, wrapped in the distraction, (if that makes any sense).
The common thread, at least to me, and I'll do my best to attach the links, (I'm at work),
is the turn over from touted claimed oppressive, to claimed free and democratic leaderships, but on the back end out of view, the enactment of even more oppressive legislation, and absorption into U.N. or Global framework.
(yes the doublespeak mindfark game )
And 'only' in Libya is this problem now so immediate, and the story lines that connect related events so blurred,
and the problems of yesterday and yesterweek are blown away smoke from the public mind, as they still move forward and rage on,
it's sensory overload for the masses, a spinning dizzy march to requested submission, (please make it stop mommy I'll do anything) , just buckle in a hang on, the ride hasnt even started yet.
ex:
www.sott.net...

Their rebellion that got them here is now illegal by their new government? (awesome progress)

www.newsmax.com...

tripolipost.com...

www.google.com...

english.ruvr.ru...

www.moneycontrol.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 25-3-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I just had to say something.

I'm using the present unfolding ME situation simply as an example

We have been watching all the various aspects of the ongoing ME crises unfolding before our eyes followed by many threads being posted in either the Breaking Alternative News and or Middle East Issues forums. I cant shake the feeling that there may be some dubious forces [Not necessarily ATS members] who are trying to play us for fools. We scurry about dutifully posting threads and replies on the subject with our slant or post our opinions. Playing right into their hands.

I know many of the topics are highly bipartisan and politically charged internally here in the US as well as international opinions [Both Pro and Con] It seems that many stories and threads are thrown about with accusations and counter accusations, claims and counter claims etc. [More so than usual IMO].

My question is this...

Has anybody else noticed this? I'm not attempting to single anyone out. We all have a right to post our opinions and make our arguments. That goes without saying. Take the recent ME issues regarding Libya, Egypt and now Syria. Or [ insert your favorite non related issues here ] We seem to be inundated with threads of claims and counter claims. One week it's a Wests failure when they don't assist then when they do get involved it's a crime and all about the oil etc. Meanwhile people are dying and being massacred.

I had to step back and take a deep breath. We pride ourselves and boast Deny Ignorance meanwhile every few seconds we see a new thread or a link provided with this or that version of Propaganda both Pro and Con. We members [no matter which side] make our arguments and draw the proverbial line in the sand.

Isn't this exactly what those who are trying to manipulate us want?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf50a48fe379.gif[/atsimg]

Welcome to the New World Order. Glad to see you've woken up.

Not trying to be facetious here, but actually serious.

I've been following conspiracy theories for decades, literally, from before even the WEB was around, let alone ATS. None of what you're saying is new. It precedes all of us who are currently alive on this planet. The most current and ominous issue involved is the development of the New World Order and the power of the MIC.

As some others have stated in this thread, beware of ANY group that wants you "on their side". Great ideas can easily be smashed aside by the egoism that flourishes in cult-like group settings, and that goes for bull# political parties as well as religions and many other groups that claim to have your best interests at heart.

One thing you left out of your comment was the importance of identifying exactly what it is that you're looking at when you assess a situation. In a recent thread you expounded on the concept that the U.N./U.S./West is right to go into Libya on "humanitarian" grounds. Personally, and this is only my opinion but that's around 80% of what gets posted here in ATS so forgive me for publicizing mine, that is a giant crock of horse turd. We are not in Libya for anything related to the humanitarian notion. We are in Libya to get rid of a leader who is not playing ball with us, and we need the oil.

Having said that, I have stated the facts as I see them in terms of what sites like ATS are for. They exist as a forum where free men and women can freely discuss the issues, resulting in change, both change in mindset and physical change on the ground.

It's called freedom of speech.

Take a picture because soon, it might not be here. The whole internet won't be here.

You want to see how they can play you like a fiddle? Well, hang in there.

Yes, when your Internet connection doesn't even exist, at that time you will know - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that the last fiddle song isn't far off. Until then, let us speak and debate the issues as FREE MEN.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Oh well ..... seems to me we've all been dancing for a very long time as TPTB play their music. Its about control and for the most part they now control most of the population of this planet in some way and to some degree.
Their deception is now on shaky ground (so many earthquakes ... 5 and above magnitude) exposing their lust for power and riches at the expense of humanity. I will continue to post and to expound the truth as others will also.
We the people are to disconnected (me, my and I) to ever come together for the good of all.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

The feedback is appreciated. Here is an interesting thread on the topic of the NWO...
The Complete Idiot's Guide to the New World Order

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Isn't this exactly what those who are trying to manipulate us want?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf50a48fe379.gif[/atsimg]

Speak for yourself.
ATS isn't dictated by a handful of power-posters.
That is quite the generalization of all the members that frequent this place.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarkin

The thread really does seem to be promoting self doubt and confusion.

Maybe if some members spent more time researching the modern world and whats going on in it as opposed to the ancient world and mythical worlds and creatures they would be well enough informed to know what time of day it is.

Regardless of why those who don't feel qualified to ascertain for themselves what's going on right now and to respond accordingly aren't saying a whole lot other than they are confused and think everyone else ought to be the same.

It's great in a way if it's an honest confusion, but some might percieve it as trying to exploit the self doubt caused by the duality of the human mind.

Innaction in times like this is only going to lead to others defining and structuring the world through your own default of not attempting to.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for posting your perspective. This is a conspiracy site. So it follows that one would post a CONSPIRACY angle.

For the record that was not my intention so give it a rest.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I had to step back and take a deep breath. We pride ourselves and boast Deny Ignorance meanwhile every few seconds we see a new thread or a link provided with this or that version of Propaganda both Pro and Con. We members [no matter which side] make our arguments and draw the proverbial line in the sand. Isn't this exactly what those who are trying to manipulate us want?

Holy molly you're right! There are always varying points of criticism or praise and everyone seems to have their own opinion. We are being played.

From now on I will sit catatonic in front of my monitor and not allow my mind to come to a conclusion on any issue. Thanks Slayer!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for posting your perspective. This is a conspiracy site. So it follows that one would post a CONSPIRACY angle.

For the record that was not my intention so give it a rest.

Well here is the deal my friend, I am not confused, I make it a point to stay well read, reach out to people on the streets, in halls of power, in law enforcement and intelligence operations, the corporate worlds, and criminal netwoks too for as much information and perspective as I can get from all sides.

These are all players in the ongoing acts that are taking place all around us.

One of the things I have to consider is when what are primarily a bunch of pro-military posters as evidenced by their avatars and posting histories who really don't discuss conspiracies on ATS but tend to down play them, all of a sudden make a thread that is basically a call to consider confusion citing a conspiracy when these very same posters tend to downplay any notion of real conspiracy while promoting a war mongering stance many the world over are opposed to, alternating fluff pieces that have nothing to do with the events that are driving the world to gain some kind of popularity and credibility within conspiracy circles.

So no I have no desire to get into it with you, but as someone not confused, I have an obligation to speak up and out about what I do see.

Personally I believe anyone who cares about this world should be stepping up to the plate right now to correct the things that are obviously broken and out of control all around us.

Great you are confused and worried about being manipulated, I sure am not.

Thanks.

edit on 25/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join