It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Silver Go!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
A large pullback would be nice. It would give silver bears something to dream about. Unfortunately, for them it will be short lived. Silver is going much, much higher IMO.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Anybody wanna buy a Gold Claim for 10K?

Gold Claim in the Cariboo District of BC Canada:

bc.kijiji.ca...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Most folks experience a problem with their broker at some point (e.g. excessive slippage) but the offshore firm in question has a long history of [unaddressed] client complaints, and a serious legal profile with US regulatory authorities (CFTC & NFA). That's about all I know about them jude. I'm not sure where mayabong is located, but if he resides in my home country, he can't use them anyway...they aren't registered to trade in the US.

GL

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
fed at 1230 tommorrow will offer up precious nuggets regarding immediate-short term future of QE
you know the thing designed to lift asset prices higher

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
reply to post by jude11

Most folks experience a problem with their broker at some point (e.g. excessive slippage) but the offshore firm in question has a long history of [unaddressed] client complaints, and a serious legal profile with US regulatory authorities (CFTC & NFA). That's about all I know about them jude. I'm not sure where mayabong is located, but if he resides in my home country, he can't use them anyway...they aren't registered to trade in the US.

GL

Yeah, As I mentioned. 'Used to use them in my wonder years'

I checked them out recently and it seems they are still going strong. Good place to test your skills on their test platform tho.

Anyway, today moved 100% to physical and ain't looking back. I'd rather have it in hand than the bush. lol

Anyone wanna buy 20lbs?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Interesting development:

It pays always to keep your eyes on the horizon, so that the confusing details around you assemble themselves into a larger picture. From a friend in Iowa I received an email reporting that a friend had gone to buy a US$7,300 piece of farm equipment. When it came time to pay, his friend asked the dealer, "Do you want paper, silver, or gold?" The dealer brightened and said, "Silver, and I'll give you a discount if you pay in silver."

silver-and-gold-prices.goldprice.org...

Just try it. Next time you pay, ask the person whether they want paper, gold, or silver. See what happens. Worst they can say is NO.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Comex reporting ANOTHER record month for silver sales: LINK

Market may get an opening boost, but that will be slashed when the Bernank starts spewing his garbage at 12:30

The silver train keeps on a rolling

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by jude11

Comex reporting ANOTHER record month for silver sales: LINK

Market may get an opening boost, but that will be slashed when the Bernank starts spewing his garbage at 12:30

The silver train keeps on a rolling

As He is speaking right now, it's gone up 3.40% in the last 90 minutes.

hmmmm?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
silver off to the races after hours in the asian markets. im looking at $48.17 right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
silver off to the races after hours in the asian markets. im looking at $48.17 right now.

Yup,

+4.56% Silver

+1.28% Gold

Looks like Silver is still out performing.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

As He is speaking right now, it's gone up 3.40% in the last 90 minutes.

hmmmm?

I think once everyone started listening and realized dollar debasement was continuing, silver buyers kept on buying. These are some wild hills were riding, but I dont think we will sustain this $47-49 range for long. JP Morgue has the bots working overtime right now

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
US dollar index 72.88

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

I agree. Could be at $80 before the end
of this year....imo.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I can see the value of silver doubling or tripling in today's dollars, but I don't believe we'll see silver skyrocketing in value. The only way I think silver will go much beyond $125/oz is if the $ goes in the toilet - a very real possiblity. I've seen some folks saying that you'll be able to buy a 'starter' house for a monster box (500 oz) of silver. I don't believe it - I suspect if silver ends up becoming $500/oz, it's only because the US dollar becomes very weak, and you end up paying $10-20 US for a loaf of bread or a gallon of gasoline.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

I don't know about that. For one thing, there may be an industrial silver shortage someday. Silver is still used industrially. And whereas gold is almost always recycled, silver ends up in landfills. I also heard that there is more gold the deeper one digs, but that silver is only at shallow depths and there is less of it in circulation than there is gold. So, if the value comes up to it's historical value, adjusted for inflation, and adjusted for the market manipulation that has been going on, the mining should step up, and at some point they may realize that there isn't as much of it in the ground as they thought. What would happen then?

That may not be within the next few years, but I'm not betting on the dollar staying strong that long. And yes, it seems crazy that people would be willing to part with property for 500 oz of silver, because it's hard to imagine people taking something they can't eat or live in, in exchange for a house. But it is possible that when most people have only a few pieces of jewelry to an entire family to barter with, they may get desperate. Things like food will only last so long before they go bad. People have to move sometimes and have to travel.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

Although I am always hoping for silver to rise, the last thing I want to see is the actual use of it for a life or death barter system. Seems so wrong.

Interesting about 500oz buying a house as I have to agree on this scenario but I don't think it'll be necessary. If we are at that point, this would mean that the crap has really happened and I can see a lot of houses empty or even going for $1 like in Detroit even now.

But having said that, this is what I can see:

500oz today at $50 per (for ease of math) = $25,000

Good sale today on Campbell's soup cans @.50 per. = 50,000 cans of food. (Buy that much and you'll likely pick it up at even .25 per.)

Now THIS will buy a house and a whole lot more in the times ahead! You can use it to trade for almost anything if it gets really bad.

In other words, the silver may still be valuable to the elite and they will always pay for nice shiny things. It may be valuable in the tech zone. Gotta have war machines in the future days because no lessons would have been learned anyway.

But to your friends and neighbors with hungry kids and living in the parks, they'll take the soup every time.

IMO

edit on 28-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

500 oz * $50/oz = $25,000... but yes, I see your point. I don't have a crystal ball and can't predict the future, but right now it seems to me that buying a decent amount of silver is a smart idea. If I get to 500 ounces and things don't look so bad, maybe I'll stop buying Ag at that point...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
reply to post by jude11

500 oz * $50/oz = $25,000... but yes, I see your point. I don't have a crystal ball and can't predict the future, but right now it seems to me that buying a decent amount of silver is a smart idea. If I get to 500 ounces and things don't look so bad, maybe I'll stop buying Ag at that point...

Damn! Yeah I was thinking of something else when I was posting. lol

Hah! Caught the edit window...

Thanx!
edit on 28-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes, but how long does that can of soup last? Because we aren't really sure when it could happen. I know expired soup is better than nothing, but I'm going to feel like a shmuck if I have that much expired soup, been expired two years and things haven't fallen apart yet. Plus, we may work out better food sources than cans of soup by then, like seeds and chickens. Seeds and chickens would make sense to keep if you can use them anyway, but I can't keep chickens in my basement and seeds tend to go downhill fast if one isn't planting them and re-harvesting the seeds. I don't own land yet, so I can't plant fruit trees.

Silver, however, will still be worth something in three to four years even if the dollar has recovered. I can fit more of it in my backpack than I can chickens. Maybe someday I can buy a farm with it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

Actually it was just an example. You're right about the seed thing. I have another thread here:

Seeds:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Survival Bread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now when we talk about Raman Noodles and Twinkies....they're like diamonds...Forever!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join