It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders use of Islamic law in Tampa lawsuit over mosque leadership

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

You need to worry about getting your sh*t together before the whole world erupts into chaos, this is a non-issue compared to what your country and the world is facing in the coming years.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, sums it all up.

Diversionary tactics. This is what the "media" has become. Less of a watchdog and more of a diversion.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I don't like guys that beat up women and perverted guys that mess with children, one way or another they will pay for those abuses that they committed.

But give me a break with telling me about battered Christian women and perverted Catholic priest, this is totally a weak choice of comparison. You got nothing else to come back with so you choose that, oh my goodness. And if your not a Christian, then you got no business quoting scripture to me, it's empty and your just blowing dust out of your mouth.

And if your not Muslim, you have no right to quote or link sights that use their holy book in a way to demonize the people or their beliefs.By the standard you just set, you make it clear that you only serve to spread hate against those you fear because you do not have one clue what they are about!

I used the Woman/child example to show show you that all religions have their issues. We cannot use these examples to paint any religion with a broad brush. Most Christians are good people, and we allow them to govern their personal and business transactions in whatever way they so choose as long as it does not violate certain rights granted by the constitution. If you are a true American "patriot", wouldn't you agree that Muslims have that same right?

Answer the questions this time! Quit blowing smoke up our cornholes, because you cannot continue to hold your position and claim to be a freedom-living American at the same time!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

reply to post by sheepslayer247

I don't like guys that beat up women and perverted guys that mess with children, one way or another they will pay for those abuses that they committed.

But give me a break with telling me about battered Christian women and perverted Catholic priest, this is totally a weak choice of comparison. You got nothing else to come back with so you choose that, oh my goodness. And if your not a Christian, then you got no business quoting scripture to me, it's empty and your just blowing dust out of your mouth.

And if your not Muslim, you have no right to quote or link sights that use their holy book in a way to demonize the people or their beliefs.By the standard you just set, you make it clear that you only serve to spread hate against those you fear because you do not have one clue what they are about!

I used the Woman/child example to show show you that all religions have their issues. We cannot use these examples to paint any religion with a broad brush. Most Christians are good people, and we allow them to govern their personal and business transactions in whatever way they so choose as long as it does not violate certain rights granted by the constitution. If you are a true American "patriot", wouldn't you agree that Muslims have that same right?

Answer the questions this time! Quit blowing smoke up our cornholes, because you cannot continue to hold your position and claim to be a freedom-living American at the same time!

It would be great if we could have trust. When the first immigrants came to this country, did they try to impose their beliefs, laws, and culture upon everyone that were already here?
These are very different times that we live in, yes the bleeding hearts want to caress the Muslims. Not every Muslim is a fanatic, and the government has caused this atmosphere of Islam is a peace loving religion, but at the same time, they have also created the atmosphere of Islamic terrorist. Do you see what's happened here? They've caused division amongst the true freedom loving people of this country, and this is the first thing that needs to be stopped, division. Never mind the Muslims and giving away too much to them, we need to figure them out first, and this is second.
It's time for people to pull there heads out of their corn holes, and really take a good look at what's really going on right under their noses. Start with their government and start doing something about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's great when someone speaks out point blank, and tells it like it is.

Gerald Celente talks to Lew Rockwell about current and future troubles, and gold, guns and getaway plans.
www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It would be great if we could have trust. When the first immigrants came to this country, did they try to impose their beliefs, laws, and culture upon everyone that were already here?

A few dead indians would likely say "YES!"

These are very different times that we live in, yes the bleeding hearts want to caress the Muslims. Not every Muslim is a fanatic, and the government has caused this atmosphere of Islam is a peace loving religion, but at the same time, they have also created the atmosphere of Islamic terrorist. Do you see what's happened here? They've caused division amongst the true freedom loving people of this country, and this is the first thing that needs to be stopped, division. Never mind the Muslims and giving away too much to them, we need to figure them out first, and this is second.

There is one race: man. All divisions that you are talking about are created by man. By you taking part in observance of these divisions, you become part of the problem.

All this stuff about terrorists....what do you really know? I mean, other than what Western news orgs have spoonfed you? Could it be possible that these "terrorists" are actually an amalgamation of true freedom fighters mixed with local "rednecks" that have small minds and big religious delusions (much like the southern states in America)?

Put those differences aside. Embrace the Brotherhood of Man.

It's time for people to pull there heads out of their corn holes, and really take a good look at what's really going on right under their noses. Start with their government and start doing something about it.

Yes, start with your government. Not some religious group that hates your government, too. It would seem that you, me, and the "radicals" have the same enemy: the US Government. Embrace THAT, instead of petty division.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It's not productive to live in the past either, but to move forward into the future. There are threats out there, what we need to do is figure out which ones are and which ones aren't.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

I think that our bigfatfurrytexan friend has said it quite well, and to be honest I'm getting tired of going back and forth.

Unadulterated freedom should come before any political or personal bias'. If we are to hold the Muslim people to a standard that you are not willing to apply to all people of all faiths, than your argument is hypocritical.

All faith have radicals that stain the reputation of their respective religion. A good example (yet debatable as to the actual context) would be Timothy McVeigh. Christian "terrorist"?

By the way, have you ever been terrorized by a Muslim person? There is a couple Mosques near to my home and I have never had a problem. They even use ecclesiastical Law to solve internal disputes and issues. Never had a problem here. Hell, they even make some damn good cookies at those fundraisers they have.......OH CRAP, I may have funded terrorism!??

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

It's not productive to live in the past either, but to move forward into the future. There are threats out there, what we need to do is figure out which ones are and which ones aren't.

Here is how i determine it, on a national level. There are three options:

1. There is no threat from an individual. Maybe friendly, maybe neutral, but not hostile.

2. There is a threat from criminals who, regardless of state sanction, act on a micro scale. This is what you call terrorists. They should be handled via LEO, not military.

3. People are invading our shores. This is the ONLY time that our military should be put into war. Anything else is a war of aggression.

But realistically, we will not get much insight. You are told what the Government tells you. "Media" doesn't write their own stories anymore. They take stories that are precanned and run them. The second law of thermodynamics and its implied entropy are easily seen in the "Free Press", lazy bastards that they are.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

By the way, have you ever been terrorized by a Muslim person?

The average American is 8 times more likely to die by police officer than muslim terror attack.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Exactly! This issue is nothing more than unsubstantiated fear used to further the political agenda of a certain party and ideology. Thanks for bringing some sense to the issue, but I can't take anymore. Time to read up on some aliens!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Really guys? You do not see it but your eyes are wide open. It is part of the Muslim tenant to do this. Slowly entrench themselves into the system and change it as they go. We have glaring examples of the problems this is causing in Europe but no one wants to admit it? As far as contract law goes, these two muslims should not even be in a US court it should be arbitrated by the imam(sp?). To those of you who did not notice, it was posted earlier in this thread a judge ruled that a man can rape his wife, thankfully it was overturned but the fact remains and a precedent is set, sharia creeps into the legal system. Inch meet yard, Yard meet mile!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Finally, someone with their eyes wide open, a star for.

When I was a kid, my mom had this glazed clay figurine of the three monkeys, "see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil. This is a big percentage of the north American population, in other words look away from reality, and the truth. And all those years I thought those monkeys represented some moral thing.
Monkeys, sure doesn't say much of those that refuse to look at reality, does it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

When I was a kid, my mom had this glazed clay figurine of the three monkeys, "see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil. This is a big percentage of the north American population, in other words look away from reality, and the truth. And all those years I thought those monkeys represented some moral thing.
Monkeys, sure doesn't say much of those that refuse to look at reality, does it.

When i was a kid i kept being told that when i was an adult, the japanese would be running America.

That was xenophobia, too. To be clear, i do not intend that as name calling or an insult. you have been polite with me, and i certainly do not want to betray that.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

When i was a kid i kept being told that when i was an adult, the japanese would be running America.

That was xenophobia, too. To be clear, i do not intend that as name calling or an insult. you have been polite with me, and i certainly do not want to betray that.

No, No, don't, I didn't mean it that way towards you. I just remembered that from my past nothing personal to you.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
the islamic way of life is creeping into your part of the states as well. Up here in Canada we are dealing with it and slowly but surely we are bending to their way of life. You won't notice it much because it is slow and gradual, not hard and fast.

Just a quick little read for you guys: www.americanthinker.com...

With the amount of courts available to the public, why are sharia courts even needed?

Oh wait, so the men can rape their wives and kill their daughters boyfriend legally.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here's some passages from the Qur'an that some may find interesting.
quran.com...

Qur'an
As translated by, Dr. Muhammad Muhsin
his biography here,
www.dar-us-salam.com...

edit on 28-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The Slippery Slope Fallacy

Fact: murder and rape violate not only the US Constitution, but also "Common Law". Neither will ever be allowed in our courts without exigent circumstances (fighting for your life, for example).

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Makes you wonder though when criminals in some places commit heinous crimes and get soft sentences. People ask, why aren't politicians making stronger laws to stop violence? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I heard once stated that crime pays, it creates employment. I thought, unbelievable the mentality of that kind of thinking, so the innocent has to suffer for the good of employment, what a crazy world.
Believe it or not, this does happen, just ask our Canadian friend.

edit on 28-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I guess the real question to ask is, do laws actually prevent crime, or simply create more criminals?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Well take BC for example, pot growing does really generate employment. Pickers are needed during harvest, and from what I have heard pays pretty well compared to minimum wage. What they do is illegal, but I don't think it should be. It harms no one...

Kinda straying off topic though I guess, sorry.
edit on Mon, 28 Mar 2011 21:26:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join