It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wow, KJV2 huh? that's new to me as well. but the part about

I went to the website, and found that it had been developed with the aid of a supercomputer which was fed with all possible manuscripts.
turns me off immediately. I for one don't want ALL possible manuscripts as I know of at least 7 that are completely corrupt and useless. (strangely enough, of these 7 corrupt ms., 4 of them are the bases for all new bible perversions....go figure?)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I got a question Bible students........

Who can tell me what the New covenant will consist of that God makes with Israel in the millenium? Remembering that the Old covenant was the law as found in Exodus through Deuteronomy which the Jews broke.

Also keeping in mind that the everlasting covenant of the land God promised to Israel has been fulfilled. (all of the middle east).

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Millennium is a term that means the new age, which started around the time of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.
We are in the age of the new covenant and there is only one for everyone. There are not one class of people who get their own covenant.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
First, remember that ten-tribed Israel broke the covenant, and that two-tribed Judah broke it too. Thus God did a double divorce on them, and sent them both packing out of the land which had been they shared with their husband, God. God states as much in the twenty-third chapter of the Book of Ezekiel. Yes, God was willing to portray Himself as a bigamist in order to make a point, and it was the many sins of the nation which caused it to be split into two anyway. This first covenant failed, and God knew it would fail, and that was to instruct us. The current covenant has done better, but is still imperfect - God knows it, and that is to teach us also. The third covenant will be sealed only when God's followers are resurrected and given the FULL indwelling of the Holy Spirit. After that, we will do God's will and obey His laws quite naturally. I think that was the plan all along.

The land covenant, as I hinted above, is over and done. The Jews you seem to so admire have no special right to the land. When you look beyond the ancient promises, it is easy to see that later events have overruled any such land claims. They were kicked out and have come back in by fraud. It will not go well with them.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by KJV1611

Millennium is a term that means the new age, which started around the time of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.
We are in the age of the new covenant and there is only one for everyone. There are not one class of people who get their own covenant.

I just can not see how the Millennium could start about 70 AD, when the Age of Pices was just getting well underway. No, it should start at the end of that age, or just about now.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

The third covenant will be sealed only when God's followers are resurrected and given the FULL indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
This is pure fiction of course and just something you made up and is not in the Bible. Either you believe yourself to be the greatest prophet who ever lived, or you know some such person who is giving you this to proclaim. Either way, it is just bunk and should not be taken seriously and the intent of such nonsense is to distract people from the crimes being committed on a daily bases by the illegal regime occupying Palestine and calling itself Israel.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I just can not see how the Millennium could start about 70 AD, when the Age of Pices was just getting well underway. No, it should start at the end of that age, or just about now.
You should take that message in your signature and apply it to yourself.
You look at astrology and ignore Jesus.
There is a place in hell for sorcerers such as yourself who distract people from King Jesus.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

You should take that message in your signature and apply it to yourself.
You look at astrology and ignore Jesus.
There is a place in hell for sorcerers such as yourself who distract people from King Jesus.

I am only following Jesus, who very early in the Age of Pices, instructed His disciples to find a man carrying a jar of water on his head - the very picture of Aquarius. Anyway, the constellations of the Zodiac, if PROPERLY understood, tell the gospel story, in a symbolic way. Your judgmental spirit and quickness to accuse falsely will get YOU into trouble. Judge not, that ye be not judged.

As to the full indwelling the Holy Spirt after resurrection, gosh, I thought that was Christianity 101 dude. Further, I am on your side on the issue of the crimes of Jewish-occupied Palestine. How do you lump that together with what I said? You sidestepped my question very cleverly, BTW, but I do notice that you did not answer my query.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

edit on 19-12-2011 by Lazarus Short because: dum-de-dum

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Further, I am on your side on the issue of the crimes of Jewish-occupied Palestine. How do you lump that together with what I said? You sidestepped my question very cleverly, BTW, but I do notice that you did not answer my query.
When I make posts at three AM it is because I just got through doing ten hours of hard work on the computer and it is not when I have a whole lot of patience for what I think is nonsense, and by that specifically I mean end of the world prophecies that people make up.
Jesus says in the Gospel of John, I have not come to judge the world but to save the world. It seems a lot of people flip that completely backwards, and so I call them anti-christ, which I think is an appropriate term.
Thanks for being on the side of truth and love but you seem to have adopted the philosophy of people on the other side, so think about where the source is for all this eschatological stuff about covenants on top of covenants that leaves Jesus' in the dust heap.
I was not side-stepping but still don't see what you mean. If you had a specific question you may want to reiterate it and put it in the form of a question. I don't on-purpose avoid questions and my life is caught up in the constant pursuit of answers to the most difficult questions I can think of and welcome questions from others which I may have missed myself.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

However many covenants there may be, now or in the future, I am aware that Jesus is the party of the first part in all of them, so how does He get "left in the dust?"

You are correct - I checked back and found that I had not made a query, only thought I had.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

However many covenants there may be, now or in the future, I am aware that Jesus is the party of the first part in all of them, so how does He get "left in the dust?"

By ignoring the actual one which is the foundational for Christianity, in favor of hypothetical ones with no real substantiation.
edit on 19-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Where is the bible does it say that it is alone sufficient for instruction?

How do we know which books of the bible are inspired and which are not? For example, Luther removed 7 books from the OT. From where did he get the authority to do this?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

2 Timothy 3:15-17
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for INSTRUCTION in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good work

Proverbs 6:20-23
20 My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
21 Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
22 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of INSTRUCTION are the way of life:

I have about 70 more if you want them.

P.s. Luther removed some of the Apocrypha books from the Old Testament because THEY WERE NOT PART OF THE Old Testament according to the words of Jesus Christ Himself (God.)

LUKE 24:44
"And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the LAW of Moses, and in the PROPHETS, and in the PSALMS, concerning me."

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Where is the bible does it say that it is alone sufficient for instruction?
Nowhere.

How do we know which books of the bible are inspired and which are not? For example, Luther removed 7 books from the OT. From where did he get the authority to do this?
"Removing" books is probably not the best idea.
Inspiration, as the word should make you think of, comes by the spirit. Personal revelation would be a central theme in the Jesus sayings, so reading scripture helps you focus your thoughts on the important issues and what different people thought about them, and you do your own thinking while allowing God's spirit to help you come to an understanding which is what will serve your for that particular moment, while you process things and acquire more information to add to what you have available to process for moments in the future.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

2 Timothy 3:15-17

2 Timothy being the most agreed upon book of the NT purporting to be written by Paul, by biblical scholars to have not been written by him. Most likely a book written after his death and made to look like it was by Paul to give authority to the new church hierarchy system to entrench power already accumulated against Paul's wishes.

edit on 20-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

"Removing" books is probably not the best idea.

Agreed. Throughout history, the Vatican has banned many books, and one is left to wonder why? Here are a few of the "lost books of the Bible," and one wonders why the condensed version is so accepted?

Early Christian Writings

The Secret Book of John

The Book of Enoch
(Enoch was the son of Jared, a great-grandfather of Noah, and father of Methuselah, and yet he was left out. could it be because he was taken up in a spacecraft and shown things not of this world?)

The Lost Gospel of Judas Iscariot
(Guess he didn't hang himself as reported after all....)

Gospel of Mary Magdalene
(Probably the only one who truly understood Jesus, and bore his child, one can see why she was left out. Their descendants are running the world now)

The Epic of Gilgamesh
(The Epic of Gilgamesh was what the Noah Flood story was taken from.)

When dealing with these matters, is it wise to understand this:
The Fundamental Christian has two powerful things controlling his/her mind and emotions: The fear of eternal punishment in hell and the reward of eternal paradise in heaven.
Those are essentially the two most powerful things that can control someone’s mind, period. They are the ultimate brainwashing tools ever designed. No question about it. Two polar opposites, you are to choose one or the other, if you choose wrong, you automatically get the other. Now you must keep in mind that Heaven and Hell are not just concepts to them, no, they are literal truths, and real places. That is why why they are so adamant that you become saved too, because in their minds, it is like watching you driving toward the edge of a cliff, and since they care about you, they want to warn you of the reality of the situation.
These are the scriptures they use to back this up in their minds, now keep in mind, they never research the origin of these scriptures, or who exactly wrote them and why.

"The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 13:41-42)

"And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." (Matthew 25:46)

"Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

"Them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power."
(2 Thessalonians 1:8-9)

"And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name." (Revelation 14:11)

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15)

Basically, one does not become a servant of God/Jesus, one becomes a servant of Belief, usually a belief told them by a "man of God." These people stand in the pulpit and interpret the Bible for those who do not read, or research it. You are not supposed to research and become wise...no!
“The wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s eyes.”
(1 Corinthians 3:19)

For the many people who are insecure, lack any self-esteem or self-worth, lack a real identity, feel no real purpose, or distinct meaning in life, live their lives in fear or oppression, this Christian faith can be very appealing to them, offering to give them what they need to feel whole and purposeful. It provides hope where none was before, and strokes the human ego in that now you are one of the "Chosen." Children especially are vulnerable to this.
Here is a very good site for recovering Fundamentalists:

Debunking the Arguments of Christian Fundamentalists and Evangelists

Here is a good site for research:
Welcome to Enlightenment

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

These are the scriptures they use to back this up in their minds, now keep in mind, they never research the origin of these scriptures, or who exactly wrote them and why.
Mathew is an apocalypse using themes already existing in the popular apocalypses of the time, and putting the words in Jesus' mouth. These are based on some people's interpretation of the Old Testament. Someone took the book of Mark and some ideas from Paul's writings and those Jewish apocalyptic themes, and the historical event of the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D. (in fact the book of Mathew itself, along with the Book of Revelation were probably written in Rome) and merged them altogether into something suitable for Christian consumption.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

autowrench & jmdewey60, you two dating or something cause you seem to be "stroking" each others ego quite a bit. Also, you are both terribly wrong, as par for your course in life. Do keep up the jokes as they are fun to see your opinions on matters neither of you can possibly hope to understand.

jmdewey60, if something doesn't make sense or "jive" with your personal theology in the Holy Bible, you claim it was a mistranslation, fabricated, or plagiarized as you have said so many of times in the past, with this thread being no exception.

autowrench, you seem to have had a bad experience with true Christians in the past (fundamentalists, Baptists no doubt) and now you think you know what's best for everyone as you have "studied" yourself into your own little hell where life is miserable to you, and thus you must make anyone around you miserable as well so you can feel better about yourself. I have read your posts...this sums you up quite adequately. (although I like your avatar...as long as it is a confederate solider)

P.s. I do the answering in this thread as both of your answers are pathetic and borderline egotistical. I, on the other hand rarely give my own opinion, but merely quote scripture as this thread was intended for. Your both out of your league as neither of you even believe the Bible in question.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Please explain, without imaginative acrobatics, who is "that Prophet" the Jews were expecting to come, besides Elijah and the Messiah?

(The verses are from your beloved KJ Bible)

And they asked him, What then? Are you Elijah? And he said, I am not. Are you that Prophet? And he answered, No. - John, 1:21

For those who do not know, who the jews were referring to as "that Prophet": The Jews were expecting three major figures to come: Elijah (who, according to Jesus actually came in the person of John the Baptist), the Messiah (Jesus) and "that Prophet". It is the Prophet they were expecting to come since this got revealed to Moses:

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers;
I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. - Deuteronomy 18:18

The Jews are the descendants of Isaac. The Arabs are descendants of Ishmael - the BROTHER of Isaac.
So, the "brothers" of the Jews are the Arabs.

Elijah came, Jesus came - in the time of Jesus, there was only "that Prophet" yet to come ..... [edit:note].

Pray tell me, after Jesus - who is the one and only Prophet that came from Arabs?

Thank you.

edit on 20/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: Edit to correct quote

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

jmdewey60, if something doesn't make sense or "jive" with your personal theology in the Holy Bible, you claim it was a mistranslation, fabricated, or plagiarized as you have said so many of times in the past, with this thread being no exception.
Plagiarism is the name of the game with the Bible so I am not complaining about that.
Mistranslation and fabrication, yes.
My theology is: Don't give power to the devil.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join