It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by daikaiju

. . .but when confronted on it, he spins words and back tracks and has even lied. . .

This is a debate you keep talking about that supposedly happened somewhere between us but you can not point it out.

Yawn, I did so, when you typed in another thread that it was ok for people to have demons, when I called you on it, you straight out lied and stated you never posted that statement, when I recopied it and showed you what exactly what you typed, you never admitted you were wrong you did not even acknowledged the fact you were caught in a lie.

I am sure you will come out and twist it around, but there was enough people who saw it.

So go back to church, you have been walking around blind long enough with your cult mentality.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

None of that sounds familiar to me.
I am the one who suggests people try to ask Jesus for help getting rid of demons. That was how I started out that thread, that if you never say the name, Jesus, then the demons can have a field day. That is why Satan tricks people into saying some pseudo-Hebrew word as a substitute, because the demons are quite happy with that, since it just reminds them of their master, the Desert Jinn of the Sinai.

edit on 14-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Of course, NOOOOOOW you don't remember.

T&C prohibits me telling you what I really want to, so to avoid temptation I am going to take a deep breath and let it out.

You remind me of a old friend of mine, he never remembered anything that he did that made him look bad.

"It sounds like you have a demon. That is ok with me and I think people have the right to have all the demons they want."

Your words, when i called you on it, you flat out said that you did not say it was ok in complete contradiction to what you typed, when I showed you your own post, you flat out ignored that fact that you lied, as you continue to do so which affect your credibility.
edit on 14/10/2011 by daikaiju because: adding info

edit on 14/10/2011 by daikaiju because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/10/2011 by daikaiju because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

. . . never remembered anything that he did that made him look bad.
. . .you flat out said that you did not say it was ok. . .
. . .affect your credibility.
Oh! No! My Credibility! What Shall I Do?!
Interesting, all this you say. You should quote my denial, along with a link to the post.
Just as a hypothetical, if someone told you, "My father was a preacher but at home he did everything he told his congregation not to, so I do not believe in a god, and even if there was, I would rather go to hell than to be with a hypocrite." would you say, "You have no right to such feelings and God will punish you."? I would say something more like, "I can see how you would feel like that, and your logic seems without flaw, I would, under such circumstances think there was something wrong with the concept of god as presented to you, and that you should seek a superior god."
People have a right to their own choices. If you say, "No." then I would be in disagreement with you.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Some of us come to this thread to learn, others to squabble. May I humbly suggest that that is what Personal Messaging is for? Why do some of you insist on doing your dirty laundry in the public forum??

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Again, as always you try to shift things yet just can't admit that your were wrong.

I made my point, hopefully others will see you for what you are.

HAve a good day

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Some of us come to this thread to learn, others to squabble. May I humbly suggest that that is what Personal Messaging is for? Why do some of you insist on doing your dirty laundry in the public forum??

Suggestion noted.

I may not listen, but it was noted LOL

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
sooooooooooo, any more Bible questions? Any questions asked in the past that I never got around to answering?

(Laz, still compiling the info found in the KJV that is not in any other language or manuscripts)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
sooooooooooo, any more Bible questions? Any questions asked in the past that I never got around to answering?

(Laz, still compiling the info found in the KJV that is not in any other language or manuscripts)

Oh, bugger! You do realise, of course, that you will get a lot of flak over things found only in the KJV? I can only hope it's not on the same order as the "submarine" verses in the Ferrar Fenton version. You see, he guessed that Jonah was not picked up by a fish, but by a ship or even a submarine simply named The Fish. You are a brave man.

Yes, I have more questions, well one. Could you contrast the doctrine of Hell for me with the Lake of Fire? The LOF seems very obvious to me, but Hell, as most people think of it, seems much less so, such that I doubt its existence, ESPECIALLY given the resemblance of the "Christian" Hell with the Hell of other religions.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

64 Then the LORD will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known. 65 Among those nations you will find no repose, no resting place for the sole of your foot. There the LORD will give you an anxious mind, eyes weary with longing, and a despairing heart. 66 You will live in constant suspense, filled with dread both night and day, never sure of your life. 67 In the morning you will say, “If only it were evening!” and in the evening, “If only it were morning!”—because of the terror that will fill your hearts and the sights that your eyes will see. 68 The LORD will send you back in ships to Egypt on a journey I said you should never make again. There you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but no one will buy you.

This is from Deuteronomy 28:64-68

My questions are

Do you think the jews will be sent back to Egypt as slaves, where no one will buy them??

Do you think the jews, today are "carefully following" the laws... (in verse 58 of the same chapter?)
And Is rejecting the messiah, like the jews have done, exempt from this condition?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

What the return to Egypt and being sold as slaves refers to is the aftermath of the Roman seige of Jerusalem in 70 AD. As usual after such actions, the surviving civilians were transported off to be sold as slaves. If nothing else, it allowed the Romans to recoup some of their military expenses. Egypt was a BIG market for slaves, but when the Jews went on the block, no one wanted to bid on them because they were in such poor condition. As usual, the prophecy was filfilled exactly.

As for the Jews "carefully following the Law," well it just depends on the particular Jew. You know how it is, if you have two Jews, you have three opinions... The rest of your question I do not well understand. Maybe if you reword it...

edit on 15-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Exodus
4:24 Now on the way, at a place where they stopped for the night,the Lord met Moses and sought to kill him.
4:25 But Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off the foreskin of her son and touched it to Moses’ feet, and said, “Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me.”
4:26 So the Lord let him alone. (At that time she said, “A bridegroom of blood,” referring to the circumcision.)

What was this all about?
Why was God trying to kill Moses after he charged him to go to Egypt?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Moses should have known that he should have circumcised his sons, but did not. God was going to kill him for this violation of His Law, but Moses' wife was clever enough to realise what needed to be be done, and she cut off (pun intended) God's intended retribution.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
@ OP...
My question: What is your reason for this thread?

1 Corinthians 2:16
For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Romans 11:34
34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?”

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Egypt was a BIG market for slaves, but when the Jews went on the block, no one wanted to bid on them because they were in such poor condition. As usual, the prophecy was filfilled exactly.
I'm looking at a book called The Siege of Jerusalem, on Google Books which seems to tell a slightly different story. Seems the people under the age of 17 were sold as slaves, which is probably normal for what went for a decent market value. There were apparently a lot who were not of that classification who were just apparently de facto slaves of the Empire who were sent to Egypt as laborers, but no mention of an attempt to sell these particular people. I have to think your description is one of a fantasy to promote some magical powers to the written page.
edit on 16-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have a question.

In the Bible, Satan is labeled as "The Great Deceiver". IS IT POSSIBLE that some..........most...............ALL of the bible could have been authored by Satan ?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
No. God is not the author of confusion and neither is Satan. Man is the author of confusion because he added to what God said, when SHe didnt. Satan is the great deceiver because that's the assignment given by
God and Satan had to deceive the whole world, then show up at the last day or hour and promise to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help her God, this time. Jesus and Satan just had different roles, but both although opposite are the Son and Daughter of God's. Its like GOD made Jesus the President and Satan the Vice President, but of Course since Satan is a female she had to play multiple roles. Like She was His Secretary and took down the dictation as well as know what GOD said backwards and forwards. She is aka as His Treacherous backliding sister Judah, and was give the part to play the Harlot. However in the End Satan will Rise and be Reborn as the Queen of the South that Jesus said would come in the Day of Judgment and condemn men for their idle words.

Originally posted by RonPaulsMainMan
I have a question.

In the Bible, Satan is labeled as "The Great Deceiver". IS IT POSSIBLE that some..........most...............ALL of the bible could have been authored by Satan ?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Oh, bugger! You do realise, of course, that you will get a lot of flak over things found only in the KJV? I can only hope it's not on the same order as the "submarine" verses in the Ferrar Fenton version. You see, he guessed that Jonah was not picked up by a fish, but by a ship or even a submarine simply named The Fish. You are a brave man.
To each his own! Some people have very good (or bad) imaginations though
Jesus Christ Himself said it was a "whale" so that is good enough for me.

Yes, I have more questions, well one. Could you contrast the doctrine of Hell for me with the Lake of Fire? The LOF seems very obvious to me, but Hell, as most people think of it, seems much less so, such that I doubt its existence, ESPECIALLY given the resemblance of the "Christian" Hell with the Hell of other religions.

Sure, hell is found within the earth. Not on the earth, but within it (as in Hollow earth theory, Agatha, etc.)
AMOS 9
2 Though they dig into HELL, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down:
DEUTERONOMY 32
22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest HELL, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
JOB 11
8 It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than HELL; what canst thou know?
PSALM 55
15 ...and let them go down quick into HELL

Hell is for Spiritual creatures, the soul and the body:
PSALM 86
13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest HELL.
MATTHEW 10
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in HELL.
2 PETER 2
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to HELL, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Hell grows as more souls fall into it:
ISAIAH 5:14 Therefore HELL hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth... (Volcano's erupting?)

Hell has fire in it: ↑
Matt 5:22
...but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of HELL fire.
Luke 16:23
And in HELL he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Hell is where God sends sinners:
Matt 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of HELL?
2 PETER 2:4
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to HELL, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Now here is the scary part. Hell is nothing more than a holding cell, or a jailhouse, just like any offender today would go to jail if they broke the "law".

Once your court day comes up, you stand before the judge who finds you guilty or innocent. If your a sinner (everyone is) you are cast into real prison, just like you would be today in modern times.

REVELATION 20
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and HELL delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and HELL were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

If you are found innocent during the judging it will be because you had a REALLY good lawyer, or advocate:

1 JOHN 2:1
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an ADVOCATE with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

This is the only way to get through the Great White throne judgment before a Judge that can not be bought with money, bribes, or women.

edit on 16-10-2011 by KJV1611 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Do you think the jews will be sent back to Egypt as slaves, where no one will buy them??

This prophecy took place just as Laz describe, but it also dealt with the future during WWII as well. Adolph Eichmann tried to sell the Jews in Germany to other nations before the "other plan" was carried out, the Final Solution. This failed....no one wanted them.....why? Well, that is quite the question. One which knowing your opinions, you will like. This prophecy has been fulfilled, twice.

Now read closely as this is not taught by most fundamental, independent, KJV believing Christians, but it is Bible non the less.

If Jews take up residents in a Nation...then that nation is marked for destruction by and from God. That is why they are not wanted in any nation, and are forever vagabonds and wanderers (The Wandering Jew...the leaders of nations know this). The reason they proper so much in America is because they own basically all the media which Americans are more addicted to than booze. (News media, Hollywood, Banks, etc.)

Here are the proofs for it with the verse you posted (I have tons more too)

Deut 28:64
"And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; (this includes America as we are the other end of the earth) and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone. " ← (commodities market maybe?
)

Then read:
Jer 30:10-11
"Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid. ← (this has yet to happen. Not in 1948, and not today either)
"For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, (ditto America) yet I will not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished. " ← (tribulation period, time of Jacob's trouble. Not for Christians, hints pre-trib rapture)

Now verse 16:
"Therefore all they that devour thee shall be devoured; and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey. " (PLO, all Muslim nations, Germany, Russian, Europe...maybe America soon)

So the only reason America hasn't fallen apart completely is because we are NOT part of these groups of nations: "all they that devour thee shall be devoured; and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, ".

The moment America turns her back on Israel we are dead. Period. Look at ANY nation in history that treated the Jews bad. It sucks, I know. God is CLEARLY racist and values one group of people over another. So is my feeling about this? I say Amen, God knows best, I do not. God can be racist, a segregationists, a profiler and a bigot in the view of modern man and I will side with God any day of the week. Gentiles are just jealous
I o the other hand and VERY glad I'm not a Jew!! Look at how God treats them if they disobey!!! Thank God I'm a saved Gentile under grace

Do you think the jews, today are "carefully following" the laws... (in verse 58 of the same chapter?)
And Is rejecting the messiah, like the jews have done, exempt from this condition?

There is no difference between Jew and Gentile when it comes the salvation of the Soul. They, like us must be born again by the Blood of Jesus Christ. Besides, how can you even be a religious Jew now-a-days with their temple being covered over by a Muslim shrine? The Jews are ONLY allowed to sacrifice in the Temple. No other place is allowed. All these Jewish synagogues you see for the Jews are nothing more than modern day copies of Christian local churches.

In conclusion, most of the prophesies dealing with the negative effects of Deut 28 have already taken place, except the Tribulation and restoration.

(this was way too long...sorry)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Laz is on the right track, but I have a somewhat different interpretation. I already answered this question with a little more detail found here too :
Answer

Its found about 3/4 down, here is the repost for you to read:

Exodus 4:22-28
22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.
24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.
25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.
27 And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him.
28 And Moses told Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him, and all the signs which he had commanded him.

The LORD didn't seek to kill Moses you Bible illiterate babe, he sought to kill Gershom (Exodus 2:22). He sought to kill him because his mother Zipporah was a gentile and would not SUBMIT to her husband Moses and circumcise the boy, to show he was a Hebrew.

This is the problems you run into when marrying outside ones religion or race.

Anywho, look how you know this: When Zipporah saw GOD was about to kill her son for her disobedience, she ran and circumcised the boy real fast like!!! (verse 25)

Then she cussed Moses out loud in front of God and her child, angry that she finally had to "cut" her boy. (women are bad for talking to themselves when mad....)

Moses was not even there, nor was he even close by! If you read verse 27 you see Moses was way out still talking with God in the wilderness......So what God was trying to kill Moses boy...? Why the second member of the trinity of course....guess who that is? BAMHWHAHA!!!! Jesus...just like you said in jest. How ironic.

Disregard the sarcasm, I was "abasing" someone

edit on 17-10-2011 by KJV1611 because: link

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join