It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

You have that mixed up.
That was John the Baptist who said, no he was not, and it was later Jesus who said he was.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

You have that mixed up.
That was John the Baptist who said, no he was not, and it was later Jesus who said he was.

Yeah, sorry. But the point is the same at the end. (I have modified the quote)
edit on 20/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Don't know where you got those ideas, friend, What I posted was books not included in the official canon, and books not thought to exist. And yes, I have had a lot of bad experiences with Christians, calling me a satan worshiper, saying I am a demon, and other religious drivel. I made the bible my own personal research topic for about 8 years in total, and know the truth of it. I know who your Gods are, and I know where the stories came from originally. So you cannot tell me anything, I already know enough to write a book on the matter.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Pretty easy question after I throw out your original premise regarding "brother". So lets begin:

Please explain, without imaginative acrobatics, who is "that Prophet" the Jews were expecting to come, besides Elijah and the Messiah?
(The verses are from your beloved KJ Bible)
Thank you!! I knew I would train people eventually.....

And they asked him, What then? Are you Elijah? And he said, I am not. Are you that Prophet? And he answered, No. - John, 1:21

That "Prophet" without "imaginative acrobatics" is clearly Jesus Christ......not Muhammad. Why? Because the Holy Bible said so silly! And as you know, I use only the Bible, not my opinions. Therefor any other argument is irrelevant.

Acts 3:20-23
"20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. "

For those who do not know, who the jews were referring to as "that Prophet": The Jews were expecting three major figures to come:

Now this is either a purposeful lie by you, or you were taught wrong. The Jews were only expecting Elijah to show up as a prophet:
MALACHI 4:5
"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:"

Elijah (who, according to Jesus actually came in the person of John the Baptist), the Messiah (Jesus) and "that Prophet". It is the Prophet they were expecting to come since this got revealed to Moses:

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers;
I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. - Deuteronomy 18:18
Once again, your premise is flawed. Read Acts 3:20-23 again up top ↑

The Jews are the descendants of Isaac. The Arabs are descendants of Ishmael - the BROTHER of Isaac.
Yes, and Jesus was descended from Judah.....one of 12 BROTHERS! This isn't that hard if you just compare scripture with scripture bud, instead of trusting what some Islamic web site says

So, the "brothers" of the Jews are the Arabs.
True.

Elijah came,
False. John would have had the spirit of Elijah if the Jews received Jesus as their Messiah. They did not. Thus John was not Elijah. This is a WHOLE other topic though.

Jesus came - in the time of Jesus, there was only "that Prophet" yet to come .....
Pray tell me, after Jesus - who is the one and only Prophet that came from Arabs?

Once again, this question is now answered. And to further put a nail in this issue:

Luke 16:16
"The law and the prophets were UNTIL JOHN: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it"

edit on 20-12-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Don't know where you got those ideas, friend, What I posted was books not included in the official canon, and books not thought to exist. And yes, I have had a lot of bad experiences with Christians, calling me a satan worshiper, saying I am a demon, and other religious drivel. I made the bible my own personal research topic for about 8 years in total, and know the truth of it. I know who your Gods are, and I know where the stories came from originally. So you cannot tell me anything, I already know enough to write a book on the matter.

Yeah, I know. And this is why I said you have self educated yourself into your own personal little Hell. Why even go on living man?

Is there any purpose in life if all you are going to do is die one day and rot? What reason is there to do right? Why take care of those weaker or less fortunate than you? If all that mattered in this life was....this LIFE, then why not fill your days with nothing but pleasure and disregard all morals? Isn't that the goal of denying God? Any god? If there is not an afterlife......why live? It is all useless in 70 short years anyway. I pity you. You let pride, arrogance, and fear deny you a future in Heaven.

John 8:32
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

John 18:38
"Pilate saith unto him, WHAT IS TRUTH?"

John 14:6
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

But the point is the same at the end.

You can think whatever you want as far as I am concerned.
I don't have a big beef with Muslims or anyone else for that matter.
My problem is with people who carry around the name Christian but don't really hold to it, and go around evangelizing what I consider to be a huge hoax perpetrated by people with ulterior motives. There is a particular class of people who think anyone who is not them are cattle, meaning they are not fully human but only exist to be fed on by their superiors, namely themselves, so these people do not care if the ones they hoax are, according to the "cattle's" religion, going to hell, so there is nothing to prevent them from making up a fake religion and calling it evangelical christianity, to dupe the masses into supporting Zionism.

edit on 20-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

It said it is PROFITABLE not ALONE sufficient. How else can you explain him writing that should listen to what the authorities of the church tell us, and that those who stick to tradition will be saved?

Up until Luther's time those books were accepted canon. Are you telling me that all those people until he arrived went to hell?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Paul said something like, I should not have to tell you what a sin is, what you need to do is not do those things you know are wrong, but to be good and righteous people.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You're oversimplifying it to ignore the other things he said.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Kudos on the acrobatics. Masterfully executed.
As I expected.

You Paulians are able to justify just about anything.

And indeed, there is among them a party who alter the Scripture with their tongues so you may think it is from the Scripture, but it is not from the Scripture. And they say, "This is from Allah ," but it is not from Allah . And they speak untruth about Allah while they know.

Qur'an, 3:78

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Wow, you Muhammadans
You know you shouldn't plagiarize from the Holy Bible in order to profit right? Your verse from the Koran was written down 1000 years before muhammad ever married his first 9 year old wife:

EZEKIEL 13
6 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, THE LORD SAITH: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.
7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, THE LORD SAITH it; albeit I have not spoken?

And with that in mind:

2 CORINTHIANS 2:17
"For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: (muhammod and his 600 winged angel hash trip) but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ."
edit on 21-12-2011 by KJV1611 because: More Holy Bible ( not cheap, plagerized koran)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

By the way, you never addressed Acts 3?

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. "

Please do try. We are waiting

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

You're oversimplifying it to ignore the other things he said.

And . . ?
You were asking about people going to hell because they may have mistakenly accepted certain books as actually belonging to the New Testament canon. For one thing, most people did not have access to Bibles anyway (before Luther), and for another thing people do not go to hell, or not go to hell, based on theology (unless they are teaching anti-christ theology, in which case it goes beyond belief, into actions and ones that will affect other people). They would (go or not go) based on whether they did the right thing, which they would have know was right or not before they did them.
edit on 21-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

By the way, you never addressed Acts 3?

Please do try. We are waiting

Why bother? What you are quoting are neither the words of Jesus, nor of any of his disciples - those are the words of an anonymous writer (some call him Luke, but even that is unsure) who wrote well after the Pauline influence was spread like a cancer - the influence which was IN CONFLICT with the teachings of the real Jesus' disciples.

And don't give me that ### about Muhammad "copying" the Bible - how come then he didn't copy it's errors too?

Don't even start me with that --- I can fill up 57 pages of this Thread with errors in the OT alone ...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but most people say Catholics worship the dead, worship Mary, and are idolators. If they were all these things they would go to Hell. Up until Luther's time they would go to Hell. Unless he was wrong.

And didn't you say all people who call Jesus by any other name are going to Hell?
edit on 21-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

I'm sorry, but most people say Catholics worship the dead, worship Mary, and are idolators. If they were all these things they would go to Hell. Up until Luther's time they would go to Hell. Unless he was wrong.

And didn't you say all people who call Jesus by any other name are going to Hell?
edit on 21-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)
I thought we were talking about books of the Bible. None of this was being discussed and anyway, none of these practices you mention come from reading a book in the Bible as far as I know.
Going to hell is a term I use sometimes to describe what will happen to people who say that there is another savior other than the one named Jesus. You can look at the posts over in the "sacred name" thread for an example of a messianic Jew (HeavenWolf) talking glibly about someone named Yeshuah (or something) which he has no problem with, knowing he is talking about a version of a person who is not what we find in the New Testament, so he is portraying what I would call an anti-christ, which is another christ substituting for the real one and there is a way to tell them apart, where the NT tells us that there is only one name given for salvation and that is, Jesus. So this goes with what I said in my post above, that people should know beforehand what is right because it should be understood that someone not named Jesus is not the one through whom we find our salvation.
edit on 21-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Yeah, I know. And this is why I said you have self educated yourself into your own personal little Hell. Why even go on living man?

Personal little hell? Where in the hell did you get that idea? I live very happily, thank you very much. I have a sweet lovable wife who is half my age, two boys that love me to death, a small computer business that provides me with lots of money, a nice Chevy G-20 van with an HHO reactor, designed and build by myself, which lets my 4300 pound van get 32 miles to the gallon. I live in a nice home, with great furniture, and have all that I need, thanks to the Divine Father and Mother. I am self educated in both automotive engineering and computer repair. How do you figure this is hell?
You Christians are completely brainwashed, friend. All you can seem to think about is satan, demons, devils, and the hate you all have for anyone who is not in your little cult of mind controlled slaves. The only one who will go to your hell are the ones who believe in it, and preach about it all the time. Enjoy it friend, I will have a very happy afterlife.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Christians worship a dead man too.
Jesus is Dead and Buried

They believe in a made up place they call "Hell."
Origin of Hell

And they believe in a book supposedly written by Jesus followers, but history shows us a different story altogether...
The True Authorship of the New Testament

The family wrote the book like a play, and they were the characters!
'THE PISO FAMILY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT'

This was done, of course, to appease radical and extremist Christians, who were fighting among themselves, and give them something to cling to and make them stop fighting. It didn't work, of course, for they went out into the world to Christianize everyone, at the point of a sword, that is, and burned at the stake anyone who argued with them. They are still killing today, in Africa, Christian missionaries and pouring acid down the throats of children accused of witchcraft.

African Children Denounced As "Witches" By Christian Pastors

Welcome back to the 16th century: African Witch Children

African Pastors torture and murder “witch children”; what if they were Muslim?

Nigerian Children Deemed Witches Tortured

Christians profess to be good, loving people....I think not. Welcome to the 16th Century, folks.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

1. First of all, explain how you made your HHO reactor...that just sounds to cool not to discuss.
2. What happened to your first wife?
3. Who is this "Divine Father and Mother? Is that pagan Wicca stuff?
4. The reason I said you were in an self created Hell is because you are always trying to disprove Christian theology.....which means you either fear it, or hate it. Either way, you are bothered by God. Which means you live with this fear. Care to explain why?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

even start me with that --- I can fill up 57 pages of this Thread with errors in the OT alone ...

That sounds like a threat? By all means camel man, do try and post me some errors to correct you on....with nothing more than the Bible itself. Not originals, opinions, commentary, or apologetics. I welcome your weak challenge. The Bible can stand alone without me explaining it to ignorant people, but I do enjoy doing this, plus it is good practice searching the scriptures.

I'll be waiting. And please don't post any questions I have already answered in this 880 post replied thread. If you do I will just ignore you or post you the link where I already answered it. Good luck Allah lover!

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join