It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Lazarus Short

May 21, 2011...the rapture? We will have to wait and see, although there is a lot of Bible backing up this claim. But nothing is certain.

Are you sure you're replying to a post of mine? I learned from the Seventh-Day Adventists that date setting is a prelude to disappointment. Google the "Great Disappointment," an important event in American Christian History.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Catholics are not Christians, Christians are not catholics. Check the grammar on these two words, they are spelled differently and are completely different religions. One is a cult that worship a woman, the other worships Jesus Christ as God.

Now do you have a Bible question or are you just trolling?
edit on 18-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

Call it trolling, if you want - I am just concerned that many of your "answers" are wrong, and people who believe you may be misled.
Catholics do not worship a woman! The sheer ignorance of your vile bigoted statement makes you the troll... Jimmy Swaggart, Lorraine Boettner and Pastor Orvile over to Bugtussle First Independent Baptist may have told you that Catholicism is a cult - that doesn't make it so! To quote a site I have just found "Apparently he believed it because some Reverend-Jim-Bob-Whatsisname told him so :-) "
Jimmy Swaggart should have stuck to his country music career!
First link about Mary Catholic Encyclopedia
"Saint Worship"
Further explanation
If you follow these links, I shall be very surprised! However someone else might, which is all to the good...
VIcky
Addendum
Because KJV, I fear you won't follow the links, I am adding an extract from one of them:
"To prove his point, this critic says, "I know you Evangelicals worship the Bible instead of Jesus. Just look at this quotation I found that proves it. This comes from an Evangelical one of your classic theological text books:

"The Bible . . . has produced the highest results in all walks of life. It has led to the highest type of creations in the fields of art, architecture, literature, and music. . . . You will find everywhere the higher influence of the Bible. . . . William E. Gladstone said, ‘If I am asked to name the one comfort in sorrow, the sole rule of conduct, the true guide of life, I must point to what in the words of a popular hymn is called "the old, old story," told in an old, old Book, which is God’s best and richest gift to mankind" (Henry Thiessen, Introductory Lectures in Systematic Theology [Eerdmans, 1949], p. 86; emphasis added).

"You see," the critic finishes with a flourish, "your famous Evangelical leader says that it is not Jesus but the Bible that is his ‘one comfort,’ his ‘true guide,’ and ‘God’s best and richest gift to mankind.’ It just goes to show that Evangelicals worship the Bible and not the Lord."

Of course, this is a ridiculous distortion of the Evangelical view, but the extended analogy may help Protestants understand how Catholics feel when Protestants make similarly inaccurate charges about the Catholic devotion to Mary.

In the face of such charges Catholics reply, "Are you serious? How can you possibly make such a fundamental mistake about what we believe? We admit that some Catholics may overemphasize Mary, just like some Evangelicals may take extreme views on the Bible. We don’t venerate Mary for herself but because by her free consent she gave us our Savior and because she constantly leads us to him. If you took time to study our whole teaching and practice, you’ll see it’s unreasonable to make such a towering mistake."

Also, Lazarus Short, I am not a Catholic, but an Anglo-Catholic, which is a different thing!
I simply have got cross at the distorted view of Catholicism presented here!
Catholicism is very orthodox about Last Things, but even so, there are RC priests who believe in Universal Reconciliation, as there are also Anglican priests who do...
edit on 19/5/11 by Vicky32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Guess I learn something new everyday

The terms Anglo-Catholic and Anglo-Catholicism describe people, beliefs and practices within Anglicanism that affirm the Catholic, rather than Protestant, heritage and identity of the Anglican churches.
Many Anglo-Catholics today, especially in England, prefer the terms Anglican Catholic or Catholic Anglican. The term High Church is also often used to refer to Anglo-Catholicism even though its traditional meaning is not identical. For some, Anglo-Catholicism represents a form of Catholicism without papal control; for others, it represents a form of Protestantism with more elaborate liturgy and ritual. Still for others it represents a fusion of the two, in the Anglican via media tradition.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

vicky and Laz, first of all, how in the world did you two get Universal Reconciliation out of the Bible? If you got some sort of scripture or method in which you came to this conclusion please post it up. I will be happy to debate it for great understanding on all our parts.

Now I do believe and that Bible clearly teaches Universal Reconciliation for the Jews in the future, but never for Gentiles. If it did, then why did Jesus have to die?

Vicky, your still a catholic. Call it what ever you want, throw an "anglo" in front of the word, do whatever makes you happy, but your still a catholic. I on the other hand am a Christian, as found in the Bible, in the book of Acts.

p.s. I don't care about all the celebrity preachers you mentioned, I don't follow nor have I even listened to any of them. Although it sounds like you were once a great follower of them and got "burnt" along the way some how. Well don't take it out on me, go tell your child raping priest and mother mary about it.
edit on 19-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i wanted too.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I did reply to the wrong post regarding the rapture Laz....the completely wrong forum and thread too! (it was late in my defense)

As for the seven Spirits of God you refered to:
Revelation 3:1
"And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead."

The names of these spirits appear to be listed here:
Isaiah 11:2
"And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him(1), the spirit of wisdom(2) and understanding(3), the spirit of counsel(4) and might(5), the spirit of knowledge(6) and of the fear of the LORD(7);"

There are also other spirits God deals with such as a lying spirit:
1 Kings 22:19-23
19 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.
20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.
21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.
22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a LYING spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persude him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a LYING spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

More verses dealing with the seven spirits.

Rev 1:4
"John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; "

This statement is also recorded 7 times in the first 3 chapters of Revelation:
"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

As for God being a 3x3 God, I can only go with what the Bible has already clearly said in 1 John 5:7 Which easily and understandably says God is a trinity. Regardless of secular, scholar, or sacred opinion on the matter.

What do you think?
edit on 19-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

p.s. I don't care about all the celebrity preachers you mentioned, I don't follow nor have I even listened to any of them. Although it sounds like you were once a great follower of them and got "burnt" along the way some how. .
edit on 19-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i wanted too.

Being an offensive jerk is no way to evangelise, really!
It's no fun having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. A moment's thought should have told you that I have never followed Jimmy Swaggart (why would I?) Or Lorraine Boettner (I had never even heard of him until recently, but he was the main anti-Catholic American writer, the one from whom Swaggart and all the others got their (wrong) information. As for Pastor Orvile, I made him up, as an example of the kind of rural Southern preacher with a congregation of 45 people, and a high school education. He would not his Council of Nicea from Nivea face cream, and he hates Catholics because his great-grandpappy told him that Catholics are evil and worship Mary...
American Christianity is something I look on from here, with a mixture of horror and amusement. It's shallow, individualistic, self-centred and woefully ignorant.
Some American Christians stand out all the brighter for the background of dull vapid country-hick nastiness - people such as Brennan Manning, Greg Boyd and Robert Farrar Capon.
They are the real celebrities, not in terms of fame, but in terms of genuine passion, faith and truth.
Here on ATS, Ashley D, A D Jensen and Kallisti36 are awesome Christians! Their posts are reasoned and reasonable and a pleasure to read.
They show genuine love and peacefulness and unlike me, never succumb to the temptation to be rude for effect.

Vicky
As for Universalism, read this for starters...BTW, God is not racist or segregationalist. God is not an American!
Tentmaker
(You note, I have given up trying to teach you the difference between 'your' and 'you're = you are. If you have reached 60 without learning it, then you never will)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

As for God being a 3x3 God, I can only go with what the Bible has already clearly said in 1 John 5:7 Which easily and understandably says God is a trinity. Regardless of secular, scholar, or sacred opinion on the matter.

What do you think?
edit on 19-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

I will stand confidently by the numbers, and remember that God made numbers: 7+2=9, or 3X3=9. I realized some time ago that God must be multi-layered and multidimensional, because His Word (the Bible) is. If we are made in His image, that means that we are, too. If God is a Trinity, as I also believe, why have a problem with God as a Trinity of Trinities? If there are seven spirits of God, it must be true. Please note that I am not telling you the whole thing here, or exhausting the subject. I like to keep some things in reserve...

Vicky has posted an excellent link to a site which brings together sufficient Scripture to establish Universal Reconciliation as a doctrine. Yes, a Doctrine! You're (see, I can do it! (your/you're)) just going to have to look and think outside your Evangelical box. I did. There is so much material in the Bible that sometimes it is difficult to see the forest for the trees, and I have some to believe that God did that for a purpose, so that we would have to keep digging to find the precious Truth. I also believe that the Word is written in the way it is to hide the same Truth from others, at least for a time. Keep digging, KJV, for the Bible you believe in states that those who can extract Truth from God's Word are Kings!

I have this to add to what is said on the Tentmaker site:

In the Law of God, given to Moses, we find the Law of the Jubilee, which specifies that every 49 years, all debts are cancelled, and all those who have had to sell themselves and their families into bondage, are free to return to their own land and homes. This Law is prophetic - it speaks of a set time when all sin is cancelled as if it never existed, and mankind, which had been under the bondage of sin, will be given the status of freedom, and inherit its rightful place in the Kingdom. One writer on this subject believed that the ultimate Jubilee would occur at 1,000 Jubilee cycles from the Creation, or about 43,000 years from now.

We also find in the Law, the Law of Refuge, which specifies that a man who has killed another without intent, can flee to a City of Refuge, and live there in peace until the death of the High Priest - then he could return home, and the Avenger of Blood was then forbidden to kill him. Here again, we see the Law as a prophecy of a time when our guilt will be cancelled by the death of our High Priest (guess Who?!), and we can return home without fear of death.

Universal Reconciliation and a belief in a merciful God go hand in hand.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You know...the death of the high priest means the guy in the city of refuge is no longer safe right? Once again, there will be universally "salvation" for Israel, they will all be saved in one DAY. But not for Christians in the Church age.
Once again, if there was really universally salvation for EVERYONE, then why did Jesus have to Die??????

Vicky---- I said you must have listened to them TV frauds because you keep mentioning them, when I never have. You must like them.
I hope your knowledge of the Bible improves before the end. What Bible do you use by the way? NLT?

P.s. I'm not trying to evangelize you or anyone else (I do that in person, like YOUR suppose to). I'm here to correct false doctrine and make fools of The King James Bible correctors. Also, I'm still not your student you old up woman.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
KJV1611 in plaintext
Laz in brackets

You know...the death of the high priest means the guy in the city of refuge is no longer safe right?
[No, the guy is safe as long as he stays in the city of refuge, and after the death of the high priest, he is safe outside. If the avenger of blood then kills him, it is murder. Go and reread.]

Once again, there will be universally "salvation" for Israel, they will all be saved in one DAY. But not for Christians in the Church age. [Don't you mean the Jews? You put them above Christians?? BTW, the Church Age is over, and you didn't know???]

Once again, if there was really universally salvation for EVERYONE, then why did Jesus have to Die??????
[Jesus died for that very purpose - THAT IS WHAT MADE UNIVERSAL SALVATION POSSIBLE!]

Since you brought up the subject with Vicky, here are the Bibles I use:

KJV (but not the 1611]
Ferrar Fenton Bible (but not his NT)
The Unvarnished New Testament
The Gospel of History (unified gospels)

Uffda...
edit on 20-5-2011 by Lazarus Short because: dee-do, dee-do

edit on 20-5-2011 by Lazarus Short because: de-dum, de-dum

edit on 20-5-2011 by Lazarus Short because: hoo-ha, hoo-ha

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Vicky---- I said you must have listened to them TV frauds because you keep mentioning them, when I never have. You must like them.
I hope your knowledge of the Bible improves before the end. What Bible do you use by the way? NLT?

Nasty, nasty old man... Not a good witness!
Why do you refuse to believe me? I have never listened to any TV frauds! Why would I ever wanto to? Aside from anything else, I am not in the USA and never have been and never ever want to be!
Why does it matter what Bible I use? An old 'Good News for Modern Man' is my main one, but I have several different ones here, including probably, a KJV.
The Bible is the Bible, and contrary to what you think you know, more modern translations are accurate and reliable. I am reminded of an old American I heard of who is reported to have said "I support the KJV, it's the one Paul used and that's good enough for me!"
That kind of breath-taking ignorance is common to the KJV-only crowd, who seem to have some kind of idea that any translation made after 1900 (or before in the case of the Douay-Rheims) is 'communist'...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Nasty, nasty old man... Not a good witness!
Why do you refuse to believe me? I have never listened to any TV frauds! Why would I ever wanto to? Aside from anything else, I am not in the USA and never have been and never ever want to be!
Why does it matter what Bible I use? An old 'Good News for Modern Man' is my main one, but I have several different ones here, including probably, a KJV.
The Bible is the Bible, and contrary to what you think you know, more modern translations are accurate and reliable. I am reminded of an old American I heard of who is reported to have said "I support the KJV, it's the one Paul used and that's good enough for me!"
That kind of breath-taking ignorance is common to the KJV-only crowd, who seem to have some kind of idea that any translation made after 1900 (or before in the case of the Douay-Rheims) is 'communist'...

Your new-age bullsh-t makes me sick. He is a great witness.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

I'm not really old to be honest....I'm some what young, but that's mot important

However, I have found new Bibles ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT the same. Many destroy clear doctrine and cloud verses dealing with basic salvation, Jesus's deity, and other various "fundamentals".

Laz-------I a looking into Universal Reconciliation from every angle I can find and will get back with you, I'll PM you tp let you know when.
Also, your do you get that the church age has ended? That was what Harold Camping taught too, and he is not the most trust worty to say the least... What are your chapters and verses on this subject?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Well thank you graphuto...for the "great witness" part at least!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
If some of God's laws are not perfect and not good, why should everything that comes out of his mouth be considered good and perfect when he says otherwise?

Ezekiel 20:25-26
Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live; And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

The verse you quoted answered your question perfectly without comment needed from me. Read the verse again, slowly, without bias. God is punishing his people for screwing up. He does the exact same thing now-a-days too. And don't think for a second God won't send false info or lies to an individual in order to ruin their life. He will do it, He's done it before, and he will do it again if you go against what he has wrote to us in his word.

Always remember, God will not bless you nor show you mercy if you don't do what he says, according to what his word says. The only reason many Christians and other people get away with their deeds is because God is long suffering, as the Bible says many times.

God does not bless people based on their opinions or beliefs. He blesses people based on what they do with his Holy word, and his Son Jesus Christ.[

Star for you since your posed a serious question.
edit on 23-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

So you are saying that god gives laws that are not good sometimes?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
KJV16111:

I have been thinking about this for some time, and it is time to post. You have treated Vicky badly, and why? Are you merely reacting to her self-proclaimed label "Catholic"? Anglo-Catholic, whatever, why are you so rude with another believer when believers live in a hostile world? Your bible and hers, I am sure, says to be at peace with all men, as far as is possible. Respect and understanding go a long way, but your arrogance with her has undercut your witness. In the Kingdom, some day, you may well have to say to her, "Sorry about that, my bad." You have set yourself up as one to answer Biblical questions, but what about what Paul says about Faith, Hope, and Love? He states that the greatest of them is Love, and Biblical Knowledge did not even get a passing mention. I gave up Catholic-bashing years ago, and I tell you, the Catholics (of whatever variety) can teach Protestants a lot about matters of faith. I say this as an elder brother in Christ - I am 61.

As for the church age, I am not much of a chapter and verse guy, as I may have said, but I look for ideas and concepts. I have been shown certain analogies in Biblical timing, such as Jesus' time in the grave (not in Hell), which was two days, representing 2,000 years. He appeared very early on the third day, or third millennium. In like manner, the holy place in the temple was 2,000 cubic cubits, and the most holy place was 1,000 cubic cubits, hinting at the length of the Church Age and the Millennial Age. If you want to study in depth, you can do no better than to study the works of Stephen E Jones, who set the end of the Church Age (or Pentecostal Age) in 1993. We exist is some kind of transitional period, much as the disciples waited 40 days for the day of Pentecost.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
and yet nothing to say in regards to the unjust near constant American people bashing and all that that entails or exposes rather?

Originally posted by LiveEquation
So you are saying that god gives laws that are not good sometimes?

nice to see your train of thought!

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar-Romans3

For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.-John1

For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.-Galatians3

“ How can you say, ‘We are wise,
And the law of the LORD is with us’?
Look, the false pen of the scribe certainly works falsehood.-Jeremiah8

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.-Galatians3

The law, introduced four hundred and thirty years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.-3

Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.-3

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high: Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son-Hebrews1

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.-Galatians5

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.(or Son) -Revelation19
www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 24-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I think you posted verses without a description (I don't want interpretations!). Could you please elaborate on what you posted.

I will write again:

Romans 7v12
So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

Does Ezekiel below negate the above verse from Romans 7v12? It is possible that some of God's laws are not good and righteous? He says below that he gave them laws that were not perfect/good (depends on translations of bible)

Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live; And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

Originally posted by LiveEquation

I think you posted verses without a description (I don't want interpretations!). Could you please elaborate on what you posted.

I will write again:

Romans 7v12
So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

I think I know your problem now. You don't understand God nor his word(s). Look at Rom 7:12 above, that says the law is:
1. Holy, 2. Righteous, 3. Good.

Do you know what that means?? That means when God does EVIL to someone or nation that does not keep His commandments, it is a GOOD thing in the eyes of God. As your verse below shows in Ezekiel. They did wrong and corrupted themselves so God did them wrong by sending them bad advise IN ORDER TO KILL THEM!

Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live.

This is called wonderful and beautiful in the eyes of God, and my eyes as well.

Does Ezekiel below negate the above verse from Romans 7v12? It is possible that some of God's laws are not good and righteous? He says below that he gave them laws that were not perfect/good (depends on translations of bible)

If you noticed, the bad statutes and judgements God sent these people were not recorded in his law. They were just lies sent to kill them and they were not mentioned by name. Why? Because you reap what you sow. Every time. These bad commandments were not mentioned because they were not to be kept for everyone, they were only meant to kill the people God sent them to.

Another example of Heaven rejoicing because God is doing more killing is found in:
Revelation 19:1-6
1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the GREAT WHORE, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

Here you see God killing a whole city full of people (probably the Vatican) and what is the responce to this in heaven? Verse 3-5 give it.

The reply is Alleluia, Amen, and Praise our God. Why? Because He is killing people that killed Christians.
Only two groups of people I know that have killed millions of Christians. One is catholics, the other is Communism.

There are much more verses than just this one where God messes some people up. So to answer you question, yes, Rom 7:12 goes perfectly along with the above passage.
It is a Holy thing when God's enemies die. It is a righteous thing when God's people are punished. And it is a good thing to kept God's words...or suffer the HORRIBLE consequences. You reap what you sow.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join